Corridor

This Sleeping Car connects to the Private Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Corridor

Post by aine »

french,[color=#0000BF]"If you're looking for the attendant, he had to sort out a problem and will be along shortly. Can I help at all?"[/color]
Cecil smiles winningly and then tries in basic English. "The attendant will be back soon. Can I help? I may not look it but I can be quite useful you know."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart, 06:55

High above you is a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. The conductor gently knocks on Frances LeGrand & Gabrielle LeGrand's door and helps the groggy newlyweds with their luggage.

The stranger stares at him crossly before saying in terse and badly accented English: "Where ... is ... conductor?" His gaze narrows in suspicion.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Oh I think it was some poor chappie had too much to eat or drink - made a devil of a mess - and our esteemed conductor had to go sort it out. I'm sure he'll be back in a jiffy. I say, did I hear gun shots just now? Are you after a nefarious rascal?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart, 07:10

The German stares at him for a long moment before Kliment steps out of the bathroom, dressed in the conductor's uniform and starts speaking in friendly German, soothing him with a few choice words. He seems rather casual and unconcerned, which seems to perplex the Nazi soldier, then soothe him. Kliment unlocks the door to his compartment for him and lets him inside before shutting the door and heading out onto the platform to fetch in his baggage.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil steps down onto the platform and holds the door open for the luggage. He nonchalantly looks up and down the platform.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Kliment returns with the luggage and a few moments later he is followed by the lower ranking officer who enters his leader's compartment. Once the two were safely tucked away, Kliment gives Cecil a wan smile. "Here's hoping we're given the all clear to move on soon," he says in a low voice. "Would you be so kind as to fetch two glasses of complimentary apple juice from the Kitchen Car. I would but I'd really rather not having to explain myself in case the Train Manager gets an attack of the honesty."

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"You seem to know a lot about how this train is run." Murmurs Cecil but then he shrugs and says, "Okydokes, two apple juices in a jiffy." And he sets off good naturedly to the dining car.
ooc,I'm going to be away until 3rd July so please npc me as necessary.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Stuttgart, 07:10

High above you is a white marble ceiling with small bright lights inserted. The walls were made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There were also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor was quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time. Kliment wears the conductor's uniform and stands in the open doorway of Compartment 9. When the door to the sleeping car opens, he takes a step back and out of view of the doorway before heading forward.
Cecil,He holds out his hand in a gesture for you to stop and then keep your mouth shut, before pointing back to the compartment, then to Cecil, then running his index finger across his neck before taking the plate of apple juice from him and gesturing with his head back the way Cecil came. He looks quite worried.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Cecil frowns as he hands the juice over. "What's happened?" he mouths and steps back to allow Klimnet room to maneuver and answer.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Kliment just gestures back to the compartment - which is the same compartment whose door opened late last night when the woman spotted him standing over the conductor - and then he does another gesture toward the door out of the compartment and merely mouths, Hide.

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Laraqua,Cecil is getting a little tired of being ordered around; it may be good for his cover but not for his morale. Plus he'll never solve the train's mysteries being on the defensive all the time. So he pretends not to understand and steps forward, alert for any surprises.
Cecil looks a little puzzled. He steps properly into the corridor towards Kliment and the compartment and smiles slightly idiotically, not understanding.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Kliment just gives him a look that is profoundly apologetic and profoundly sad before gently reaching forward to grasp his elbow. "Mr. Charles Gavigan was hoping to have an introduction with you ... if you could come right this way, please."

aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Just a minute old chap, there's a good fellow." Cecil resists the pressure on his arm and tries to walk so he can see into the open doorway. "Just want to check that the lady I met last night is still alright. You know how it is. Then I'll be along like a snake."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Germany, 08:10

Kliment steps to one side and lets him pass. The lights flicker briefly overhead.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Germany, 09:25

There is a white marble ceiling above you with small bright lights inserted. The walls are made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There are also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor is quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time and thus you have to turn side on to allow others to squeeze past whenever there are two of you walking in opposite directions.
"Hmm, this train appears to have bypassed Ulm," says the lady in a warm and velvety voice that couples a high class British and Russian accent.
"Regrettably so, but this train does need to catch up on lost time," says the fellow in the conductor's uniform.
"You were not the conductor when I first arrived," says the lady.
"The initial conductor is feeling rather poorly so it fell to me to step into his place. He should soon be well enough to assist."

A pause as a door opens.
German,"Good evening, fraulein. I hope you have found the breakfast to your liking."
German,"Of course, Dr. Heydrich. The cuisine aboard this train is superb."
German with a hopeful tone,"I hope you might share a cigarette with me in the Smoking Car."
German voice with a carefully neutral tone,"I do not share, Dr. Heydrich, but I am willing to accompany you."

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Germany, 09:25

There is a white marble ceiling above you with small bright lights inserted. The walls are made of rich teak and mahogany wood with green and brown doors for each compartment. There are also complicated patterns painted finely on the doors, each having a golden flower on the front. The corridor is quite narrow with only the space for one person moving at a time and thus you have to turn side on to allow others to squeeze past whenever there are two of you walking in opposite directions.
Kliment just gives Lily a sad look as she enters the train corridor. He then turns his attention back to the clipboard on his lap as he takes his seat on the conductor's chair.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

"Just the man I wanted to see," says Lily, either not noticing or not caring about whatever he might have on his mind. "My dear brother has sent me out to fetch some tea. I don't suppose you'd know how I could do that? If I come back without it, he'll be very annoyed with me."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Kliment shakes out a cigarette and puts it rather daintily between his lips before answering, "Try the Lounge Car. Knock on the door to the Smoking Car if you've no luck." He pulls out a lighter and draws the flame to the cigarette, his eyes coolly upon her. He's never given her that look before. It's appraising and professional.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

She nods, smiles at him, and then heads over to try the door to the water closet.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door is locked. If she glances sidelong down the corridor at him, she will see him move the cigarette an inch away from his mouth and exhale slowly, eyes heavy-lidded as the very picture of nonchalance.

Return to “Agatha First Class Sleeping Car 1 to 9”