Compartment 9

This Sleeping Car connects to the Private Car and the Sleeping Car thread below. Rooms 1 - 4 are Single Cabins, 5 - 8 are Double Cabins, and 9 is a Cabin Suite with a double bed.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Compartment 9

Post by Laraqua »

France, 00:45

This Cabin Suite has two rooms connected together through the washroom. The first room contains a banquette sofa that can be unfolded into a bed, footstool, and table with a luggage rack containing two suitcases and a narrow wardrobe in one corner.

There is also a separate sleeping cabin with an upper and lower bed and a little more storage space with an additional luggage rack with another suitcase on top. The beds aren't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful. The room is somewhat larger than the Single Cabins through the absence of your own personal vanity but not by much.

Both of these rooms are connected by your own personal washroom that contains a sink beneath a mirror and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is a luxurious towel hanging on the golden bar beneath the sink. There is a cupboard on the other side that contains necessary toiletries. The doors can be locked or unlocked on either side. Both are currently locked (unless you enter, in which case your side is currently unlocked).
The first room wardrobe contains,a men's and ladies hat box which contain hats and a puzzle-locked box with odd engravings.
Suitcase #1 in the first room contains,Dresses, beneath the dresses is a battered copy of The Well of Loneliness, Toiletries and A few collections of Dickinson poems
Suitcase #2 in the first room contains,men's clothing, shaving kit, and a small wooden box containing several gold coins inserted into a blue velvet backing.
The locked suitcase in the second bedroom contains,XXX.
The washroom is small and cramped, the walls tightening around her, and the unsteady motion of the train throws off her hand while applying her makeup. There were bound to be plenty of delicate and worldly women capable of prettying up despite the roughness but it's a little tricky for her inexperienced hands. Still she has it done soon enough.

Charles surveys the room quietly as the train rocks slightly around them.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Kadael »

Lily sinks down onto the banquette and sighs deeply. She opens her purse, reaches inside, and feels around for the edges of the Death tarot card she brought with her. Touching it is a little comforting.
Keeper,[i]My lucky charm... I need more than luck, now. Tell me what to do...[/i]
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The ink seems to have run on the tarot card.

It looks like Death is crying.
Charles smiles at her. "So, how have you enjoyed your first evening aboard the glorious Orient Express? Did you meet anyone interesting?"

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily furrows her brow, opens her mouth, then apparently rethinks whatever she was about to say and shuts it. Her gaze flicks down to the card in her hand.
Keeper,[i]Well. That's a troubling sign. I suppose now is a good time to ask, though...[/i]
"I... met people, yes." She looks back at Charles, her face still holding traces of the fright that consumed her earlier. "I need to know. What will happen to me if-- if something happens to you?"
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

France, 01:00

This Cabin Suite has two rooms connected together through the washroom. The first room contains a banquette sofa that can be unfolded into a bed, footstool, and table with a luggage rack containing two suitcases and a narrow wardrobe in one corner.

There is also a separate sleeping cabin with an upper and lower bed and a little more storage space with an additional luggage rack with another suitcase on top. The beds aren't terribly wide but which has expensive cotton sheets freshly pressed and a roll-like pillow. There is, naturally, a button that will summon the Cabin Steward as well as an emergency brake pull with a warning beneath that threatens an expensive fine if you are to pull it without good reason. There isn't much room in this compartment, especially with any hand luggage brought onboard, but it is beautiful. The room is somewhat larger than the Single Cabins through the absence of your own personal vanity but not by much.

Both of these rooms are connected by your own personal washroom that contains a sink beneath a mirror and it provides both hot and cold water, as well as containing a little cupboard underneath that provides a glimpse at the porcelain pipes as well as access to additional storage space. There is a luxurious towel hanging on the golden bar beneath the sink. There is a cupboard on the other side that contains necessary toiletries. The doors can be locked or unlocked on either side. Both are currently locked (unless you enter, in which case your side is currently unlocked).
The first room wardrobe contains,a men's and ladies hat box which contain hats and a puzzle-locked box with odd engravings.
Suitcase #1 in the first room contains,Dresses, beneath the dresses is a battered copy of The Well of Loneliness, Toiletries and A few collections of Dickinson poems
Suitcase #2 in the first room contains,men's clothing, shaving kit, and a small wooden box containing several gold coins inserted into a blue velvet backing.
The locked suitcase in the second bedroom contains,XXX.
The washroom is small and cramped, the walls tightening around her, and the unsteady motion of the train throws off her hand while applying her makeup. There were bound to be plenty of delicate and worldly women capable of prettying up despite the roughness but it's a little tricky for her inexperienced hands. Still she has it done soon enough.
Charles frowns down at her. "I shouldn't like to think what might happen considering all of the enemies I have made," he says in a thoughtful voice. "I imagine some of them might like to come looking for you. I've made ... arrangements ... but they may not hold. Why? Whatever is the matter?"

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily slides the card back in her purse, which she sets gently beside her. "I've heard things about the Orient Express today--please tell me they're not true. I heard there are people suffering from some strange condition, where they suddenly stop moving or speaking, and nothing so far has helped them. I heard about spies aboard, and about the flyers doing ghastly things to people, and, and..."

She gets up and throws her arms around Charles. She looks more like a doll than ever, with her huge eyes and small mouth, and the effect would probably unsettle anyone but him. "What will they do to me? What am I going to do without you to protect me? Please tell me these arrangements you've made, I fear I won't sleep at all tonight."
Keeper,[i]I should be in pictures.[/i] (Naturally, Lily is mostly lying through her teeth in an attempt to manipulate her brother. Lily Thompson spent a lot of her free time playing Skyrim, and since Lily Gavigan had no such thing, she spent a lot of time plotting instead.)
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charles smiles faintly at her. "I have friends aboard this train who would help you. Johannes Sprech is a trusted acquaintance of mine. Our desires move in the same direction. I think, should you two hit it off, you two might be very happy together...." His smile turns wry at that. "On the other hand, there is the bartender who is also a part of my circle of friends who would doggedly assist you in any way you require." He pauses. "However ... I, personally, doubt any harm would come to me. My friend in the Private Car is an ongoing concern who might choose to kill me but other than this there would be no one who could kill me." He runs his hands through her hair, breathing deeply. "You, my dear, are absolutely safe ... as am I. I have ... protections that would undo any who tried against my life."

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily nods at him slowly, still trying her hardest to project an image of fragility, as though her skin really is porcelain and her bones are made of glass. "I understand... how silly of me, doubting you. I'm glad there are people you would trust to keep me safe. Thank you."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I love you, my dear," said Charles, grasping her upper arms gently. "I will never allow any harm to befall you. You're my dear little sister. The only pure and wonderful part of my life." His smile barely touches his eyes. "I do hope you understand this. You are a very special girl. Our father knew this. He knew how important you were which is why he always preferred you. You do know that, don't you?" He says this last bit without any traces of resentment nor jealousy.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"And I love you, Charles. You're all I have now," says Lily, swallowing thickly and resting her head against his chest. "You know I was very young when Father was still alive. Most of my memories are of Mother--and even then, I don't know what she was like before New York."

"Charles, I don't want to be like her, trapped in a cold and loveless marriage. You talk of weddings and it makes me so scared. Mother was in so much pain when she died."

Keeper,[i]When you ran your hands over the bedsheets, the memories of pain woven inside them were so intense they made you feel it for yourself. Only echoes, only ghosts, but even that much anguish was enough. Your brother found you weeping on the floor beside her bed, and he assumed you were grieving, as though that was something you were normal enough to do.[/i]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"And that is why you must find the person who sets your heart a'flutter, dear sister," said Charles. "You needn't worry. You have years, yet, to decide when you find the person of your dreams and if ever you tire of him ... there is always divorce. You need fear nothing, dear sister. All you need do is speak the name of your beloved to me and I am sure he will come to see the joys of your company."

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily gives a soft, small smile and squeezes him a little tighter. "You're right, of course. I confess I was worried mostly due to my birthday--you say I have years, and that is true, but I will never get younger. Still, as long as I have you, I will be all right."

"My dear brother, I love you, but it's late, and I don't wish to miss anything tomorrow. We should go to sleep."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Good night, sweet sister," said Charles. "Call me if you need anything." And with that he retreats into the other room, presumably to sleep.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily waits a moment before heading into the washroom to wash her face. Once that's done, she goes back to her room and opens her suitcase, to find her nightdress.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lily's room is the front room which has access to the corridor door. It shows he trusts her far more than usual that he would give her this room.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

For a moment, Lily considers sneaking out merely for the sake of rebellion, but she decides against it. It wouldn't accomplish anything worthwhile, because most of the train cars are no doubt locked by now, and she really is tired.

She wonders if she is supposed to feel grateful for her brother's apparent trust. Mostly, she just feels like he's made a fortunate error in judgment.
Keeper,Time for Lily to sleep, tomorrow is her birthdaytimes.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Strassburg, 03:36

Lily's sleep is disturbed by the slowing of the train as it enters a train station followed by the sound of a person softly knocking at her compartment door. Something about the sound starts her from her sleep and she can't help but remember various tales of ghost dogs and other monsters scratching at the door of their victims, begging to be let in so that they might well destroy the sleeper.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily furrows her brow and rises from the banquette, staring at the compartment door. She glances behind her, toward the room where her brother sleeps, then shakes her head. Not bothering to straighten her appearance or slip anything more modest over her nightdress, she opens the compartment door.
Keeper,[i]I am as much a ghost as you are.[/i]
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Strassburg, 03:46

The corridor contains a man in a suit wearing black leather gloves. He seems to be bent over the conductor on his seat though it's hard to be sure since the passage is so narrow and he blocks Lily's view.
Show,Spot Hidden roll please.....
The train sets off again with a rumble.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily raises an eyebrow and leans against the doorframe, crossing her arms.

Return to “Agatha First Class Sleeping Car 1 to 9”