Pertinent Information

August, 1939. With Europe on the brink of war, the luxurious Orient Express departs Paris for Constantinople, plunging a number of luckless individuals into a maelstrom of treachery, romance, and international intrigue. Join us as you attempt to meet your own goals or simply try to survive a storm you have unwittingly been drawn into. A self-driven game where you help mold the challenges, clues and dangers aboard the Orient Express as players take up a number of roles ranging from cultists, family members, tourists, spies, nobility, musicians, artists, rare book dealers, arms dealers to people desperate to get back home before the war begins.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Pertinent Information

Post by Laraqua »

The Sleeping Car Attendant holds the pass key that opens all doors, including washroom doors.

Passengers may lock both washroom doors from inside. From their compartment, they may lock the washroom door on their side, also. However, to lock your actual compartment door, you will need to signal the sleeping car attendant. You will also need to signal him to unlock it. You will not get a key (unless you steal / craft one). If you don't say that you told him to lock it, I will assume your character will have left their room unlocked. You could, of course, always just tell the sleeping car attendant to always lock your doors when you leave - in which case, it will always be locked when you are not in it and you will always need to get him to open it.

The covered connection is less soundproofed than the carriages. It is therefore noisier in there. -10 to all Listen rolls made to hear what is said inside it or, when a person is already inside it, in the other rooms.

When entering another Car, either post that you are, and wait for me, or check for the last relevant time stamp, make allowances in time due to the number of posts since and see if it's about the same as yours. If it is within about five minutes, you may enter of your own will.

Sleeping Car attendants won't allow funny stuff - listening in through compartment doors, waking other passengers. However, if they are engaged in conversation, or there is someone between you and them, due to the somewhat cramped confines of the corridor, they probably won't see you.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Pertinent Information

Post by Laraqua »

The staff will be happy to assist you throughout your journey on board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express:

Pullman Steward:
Your steward on the British Pullman train will serve your meals and any other drinks or refreshments you may require.

Cabin Steward (aka Sleeping Car Attendant):
The steward responsible for your carriage on the VSOE will be available at all times and may be called by the bell in your cabin. He will take care of your passport during the journey, change your cabin from day to night configuration, serve breakfast and other refreshments in your cabin as required.

Train Manager:
The Train Manager will be on hand throughout the journey. He is there to help should you have any queries while on board. If you should wish to speak to him, please tell your steward who will contact him on your behalf.

Naturally there are also kitchen hands and a cook, two waiters and a Maitre D.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Pertinent Information

Post by Laraqua »

Rule Changes
If you reach 0 to -4hp, you automatically die at the end of the minute rather than the end of the round unless your hit points are raised to 1 or higher.

If someone reaches between 0 to -4hp, the surgery skill can be used after the Medicine skill to provide an additional 1d3hp. While this extra hit points are assigned within the first minute (thus saving their lives), actual surgery takes the full fifteen minutes.

There may be a few more rules hacks borrowed from 7th edition when it comes out if they work well within the current game. I'm not intending to but I am open to the possibility

Return to “The Last Express”