Chit-Chat

August, 1939. With Europe on the brink of war, the luxurious Orient Express departs Paris for Constantinople, plunging a number of luckless individuals into a maelstrom of treachery, romance, and international intrigue. Join us as you attempt to meet your own goals or simply try to survive a storm you have unwittingly been drawn into. A self-driven game where you help mold the challenges, clues and dangers aboard the Orient Express as players take up a number of roles ranging from cultists, family members, tourists, spies, nobility, musicians, artists, rare book dealers, arms dealers to people desperate to get back home before the war begins.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Laraqua »

No worries. Lily hasn't blown up the train yet so you still have time to do things.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

wat
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Oh sorry,

*spoiler warning*

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

See, I was under the impression that the plan was to try and [REDACTED] with [REDACTED], preferably Miss
Spoiler:
, then go on to [DATA EXPUNGED] and
Spoiler:
go indefinitely insane as a result of [DATA EXPUNGED] and [REDACTED] with a rusty knife and a kettle of hot tea,
Spoiler:
[REDACTED] Shub-Niggurath [DATA EXPUNGED] at least ten concubines.

Blowing up the train is not included in that plan, but I suppose it could be. Along with a couple lizardmen.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

This is all so very, very true.

Can those who are plan to have their PCs sleep, post themselves going to sleep? It'll be a little while before we can pop on to the new day but never fear, plot is here to help soothe your ruffled dreaming feathers.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Planning a CoC game in RL is hard...
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Yes, yes it is.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Yeah, tell me about it, we just had to put our Tatters of the King on hold for half a year because of conflicting schedules.
Balls.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

I'll admit. I actually have no idea what Carcossa, Yellow Sea lions, (or yellow seal or sign or whatever), or whatever else creepy shizzles that are happening in the train is. It helps me RP as a totally hapless stupid English gentleman prick who has no idea what kind of hell that is about to happen to this train because I really don't.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

We should be close to breakfast time by next Friday. Did anyone ask to be awoken with breakfast in bed? And if so, when? Basically you pre-order your breakfasts and it's brought to your door or the Lounge Car, as you please.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I said earlier that I'd take my breakfast in the Lounge Car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Thanks for the reminder, Mr. Handy. :)

And everybody else?

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily would like to have breakfast in the Lounge Car, but that decision may not be up to her. ;)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Wolfgang would prefer to have breakfast on the other side of Germany. ;) (and in the dining car)
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Had a dream wherein Lily was nattering at Cecil all "Well, if you don't love me, then [blah blah blah]" She may or may not have slapped him, and then stormed off angrily?

This is weird for a number of reasons.
jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Any room for an additional player?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Absolutely! Happy to have you on board.

Did you want to create your own character or pick up an NPC? I have a few pretty impressive NPCs on display though nothing beats a personally constructed character either.

jbibblesworth
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by jbibblesworth »

Either/or works for me! I should be able to roll up a char without too much trouble. What's the process like on this board? Do I need to fill out an actual sheet and post it somewhere?

Just as a caveat, I've read the corebook and am familiar with the mythos, but this will be my first CoC outing. So some of the finer points of the rules may escape me.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Strength:
Size:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Appearance:
Education: (Know Roll 80%)
POW: (Luck Roll 50%)
Intelligence: (Idea Roll 85%)

Make your rolls for these on www.invisiblecastle.com and include the links. You can swap equivalent stats around.

Hit Points:
Magic Points:
Damage Bonus: 0
Sanity: %

SKILLS : (Important: Non-default skills BOLD, Professional Skills ITALICS, Hobbies preceded by a DOT)
Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (Painting) (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX×2):
Drive Auto (20%):
Electr. Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%):
Locksmith 01%):
Mathematics (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
Mech. Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%):
Opr. Hvy. Mch. (01%):
Own language (EDU×5%): 80%
Other Language (???) (01%):
Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Philosophy (10%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%):
•Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%)

Special Ability: (You can pick one special ability that reflects who your character is and what they have done. It could be anything from a Mythos spell to a special contact or piece of equipment).

PM me this sheet when you're ready with it and give me a concept, history, and some baggage car and regular car items. If your concept matches something I already have in play, I'll recommend that NPC to you (most haven't had much interaction). You don't have to pick it up, but it does make things easier for me. Naturally any differences between your concept and the existing NPC are resolved in your character's direction (in other words, the NPC is adapted and adjusted to match your PC). Either way you can keep your own designed sheet.

You can find some of this game's rules here (such as how to deal with languages) over here: viewtopic.php?f=261&t=4207

And information on the train here: viewtopic.php?f=261&t=800

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

We'll be back to an update every 15 minutes this Friday. If you could PM me with your character plans (if any), it'll help me figure out what your current needs go and if you're feeling a little lost for things to do also let me know. Now is also a good opportunity to go over your three goals if you haven't been over them in awhile to see if there is any way you can advance them thusly.

Return to “The Last Express”