Chit-Chat

August, 1939. With Europe on the brink of war, the luxurious Orient Express departs Paris for Constantinople, plunging a number of luckless individuals into a maelstrom of treachery, romance, and international intrigue. Join us as you attempt to meet your own goals or simply try to survive a storm you have unwittingly been drawn into. A self-driven game where you help mold the challenges, clues and dangers aboard the Orient Express as players take up a number of roles ranging from cultists, family members, tourists, spies, nobility, musicians, artists, rare book dealers, arms dealers to people desperate to get back home before the war begins.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Kadael »

An acquaintance who dabbles in the Mythos is convinced that our destination is Carcosa rather than Istanbul (not Constantinople). "Cthulhu eats 1d4 investigators," he tells me, predicting how things will end.

I eat another bite of my salmon and feel the gentle shattering of my mind.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Phew, those are some big section time stamped posts.

Oh well.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Hmm, so Kadael's got a theory about what's gonna happen / is going on.

What are some of your most off the wall ones?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

It's not really my theory; I was having an actual conversation with this guy about this campaign. I just framed it strangely.

"Oh no. You're going to Carcosa."
"No, we're going to Istanbul."
"Nope. Carcosa. You're all fucked. Cthulhu eats 1d4 investigators."

My actual off-the-wall prediction is that the sock puppet show will be completely innocent and fun for the whole family.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

My theory is that we aren't on the Orient Express in 1939 at all, but that we're all taking part in a detailed simulation in 2013, and that we're all actually different people in that world than we are in this one, controlling our 1939 avatars who have no knowledge of any of this.

Ridiculous, right? ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

So Laraqua, you wrote that nobody intercepted me as I went into wherever it is I wanted to go (to be perfectly honest, I'm not all too sure of that myself), does that mean that I can just start posting in the place were I wanted to go?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Give me a nudge if you're ever bored or don't have anything to do. There are plots and intrigues aplenty aboard the train. It's all just a matter of laying a few more hints. Things will become more obvious and easier to grab hold to as the game progresses and the other passengers begin to let down their guard....

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

I find it amusing to note that Kadael posted in both of the threads that I was in right after I left.

It's like my Kadael-dar is telling me to escape before she, obviously some evil Victorian poisoning femme fatale, tries to kill me.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Well there's some intrigue for ya.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

I find it amusing that you don't know who I am yet :P
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She's a very famous Victorian poisoner.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Now you aren't even trying to deny it! You evil evil little seductress you.

Wait, hang on, that's totally not Kadael's style. Let me get into Kadael's head... She's probably playing someone who is more or less in a relationship where she has unhealthy emotional dependence on somebody else. She's probably acting, one way or another, in order to regain or usurp control over herself. She's probably doing some ultimately meaningless stuff in order to attain this goal. Oh, and she probably ultimately does not have the guts to take control of the situation and will most likely become a hopeless alcoholic abused by her emotional superior.

And her wardrobe will predominantly be black, she will have brown hair, and will most like be described as being slightly more attractive than the norm and having average female height.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Ah damn, you caught me. Have you seen my daughter anywhere? I think we should go to the lake one of these days.

It's funny how you accuse me of being a murderous seductress when you're the one who attempts murder and seduces lawyers, boy.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

That was my job! I was sanctioned by the government to do so! Not so much murder, but proxy murder through seduction.

You can't fault me for doing my job well.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Actually, that does describe the typical femme fatale well who, in many Film Noir movies, was as much a victim as the men she latched onto. I've often found them to be half ingenue (the innocent version) and half femme fatale rather than being wantonly abusive or violent. At least during the forties. The Bond women not so much.

Kadael, are you playing a Bond woman?

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Kadael's a Bond villain?
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

No. And no.

I am James Bond.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Feeling emotionally vulnerable and generally depressed. I apologize in advance if I act increasingly neurotic.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

That's all good. I remember churning it out through some very interesting IRL times that spilled over to Masks of Nyarlathotep. It was why my character, Maksim Rukov, was so damnably moody.

Hope you feel better soon.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Dr. Bedel will be able to post tomorrow so just give it one more day.

Return to “The Last Express”