Chit-Chat

August, 1939. With Europe on the brink of war, the luxurious Orient Express departs Paris for Constantinople, plunging a number of luckless individuals into a maelstrom of treachery, romance, and international intrigue. Join us as you attempt to meet your own goals or simply try to survive a storm you have unwittingly been drawn into. A self-driven game where you help mold the challenges, clues and dangers aboard the Orient Express as players take up a number of roles ranging from cultists, family members, tourists, spies, nobility, musicians, artists, rare book dealers, arms dealers to people desperate to get back home before the war begins.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Chit-Chat

Post by Mr. Handy »

I prefer to have the image in the post itself. Having to click each link is a little inconvenient, and as the page with the portraits loads, the browser scrolls it as the images load so that you're not even looking at the same one from the link.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

I'll fix that up for you then. Also, for those including images with your posts, could you please resize them to make them smaller? And ideally center them to satisfy the perfectionist inside of me? If you're unsure how to do it without losing image quality, then I can do a resize for you.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Nero
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by Nero »

I started a new job, so I will post when I can. It will be rough until I get on my new sleep schedule. I fell asleep at 9:30PM last night. -GASP-
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

hehe, lunchtimes maybe? Ah well, don't worry. Worse comes to worse I'll make sure your PC boards the train.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Nero
Layman
Layman

Post by Nero »

Hopefully I am going to get a new phone when I get paid next week so I can use it to post at work. haha. They're strict about computer searches or that is what I have been told.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Fair, fair. ;)

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

I have included a compartment list in the Timetable & Compartments thread below this one. While your characters don't have access to these lists, they may help you - the player - remember where your compartment is alongside the compartments of those people whom you have seen enter a given compartment.

jdd2035
Layman
Layman

Post by jdd2035 »

Sorry yall, I am very very sorry but I just can't hang. I wish i could it's been fun but I just can't maintain. I'm sorry.
John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

That's okay. Hope everything is well with you. I'll give you a month in case you change your mind before setting anything dastardly in the motion.

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Post by DrPeterson »

The best of luck, jdd2035, I hope it all turns out well!
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Yigcredible
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 9 months

Post by Yigcredible »

The doctor has returned.
"Save during infrequent local scares, only wonder-loving grandmothers and retrospective nonagenarians ever whispered of beings dwelling in those hills..."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Welcome back! You'd better hurry up, the first dinner service has already started.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Take care, jdd2035!

Welcome back, Yigcredible!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Anyone want to join my character in the search of answers to one of his mysteries from his past?
Dominic Pius, The Last Express

Raymond MacIntyre, The Shadow Over Dunwich

Daedalus Wickliff, The Aquitania

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

From the last Time stamp I managed to find it would appear that the train has departed from Paris. Is this correct? if so I can get onboard at Epernay I suppose.

I don't want to see another cop or cookie in my life. I don't know which one makes me sicker
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

I think you'd best find some allies on the train to help you with your dark past. I'm sure there's plenty potential victims/assistants :)
Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Oh I think I have at least one at this time. Not sure about whom else would be interested though and I do not want to give away too much at this time.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

At this stage, folks aren't aware of everyone aboard the train so it should be easy to justify you just springing from your compartment as though you boarded earlier on and no one should be surprised. There's a number of NPCs I haven't even described yet who are in the Dining Car at the moment even!

Shroudeye
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Shroudeye »

Oks, I suppose I can pop out of my cabin from the Jeanette Second Class Sleeping Car and wander over to see what there may be to dine upon.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Absolutely. Normally you'd have to wait for Second Service but due to small numbers (and a desire to not make the Dining Car seem like a ghost town), all have been invited to dine at either service.

Return to “The Last Express”