Characters

Splendid, a vacation in Scotland, just the ticket. Let us begin with a short boat trip and take in some of the fresh, sea air.
Call of Cthulhu in 1920s Scotland, first scenario ‘The Ballad of Bass Rock’.

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Characters

Post by Priest »

Place your characters here please. Something along the lines of this (borrowed from Cearlan's 'The Condemned');

Character Picture

Character creation rolls (from Invisible Castle, or whatever)

Name:
Player:
College, Degrees:
Birthplace:

Characteristics:
STR 3D6
CON 3D6
SIZ 2D6+6
DEX 3D6
APP 3D6
INT 2D6+6
POW 3D6
EDU 3D6+3

Idea - Int x 5
Luck - Pow x 5
Know - Edu x 5

Sanity:
Current Sanity:
Phobias/Mental Disorders:

Hit Points: Average of CON and SIZ
Current Hit Points:
Magic Points: POW
Current Magic Points:
Damage Bonus: STR + SIZ = read off table

Appearance & Personality: what you look like and act

Background: Your backstory

Skills: (professional one in italics, .private preceded by two dots; non-base scores bolded. Professional skills = EDU x 20; Hobbies = INT x 10. Age can affect stats and experiences.)

Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX×2):
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%):
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%):
Operate Heavy Machine (01%):
Other Language: (01%):
Own Language: (EDU×5%):
Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%):
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Please be sensible over gear, remember that you are taking a vacation, not going off to hunt a gribbly or two. I have no wish to be a penny pincher or part time accountant, so you will start the game with some spending money, which can, of course, be topped up by a visit to a bank, providing you have the necessary funds of course.
Money will be British pounds, so £1= 12 shillings or 240 pence.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Characters

Post by Cearlan »

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice]

[dice]3[/dice]

[dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]

[dice]6[/dice]

[dice]7[/dice]
Hammond Logan Carruthers grabbing a rare peaceful rest
Character creation rolls

Name: ....................... Hammond Logan Carruthers
Player: ...................... Cearlan / Norman Logan
Sex: ......................... Male
Occupation: ............. Former Soldier now Missionary in Belgian Congo
College, Degrees: ...... DD Scottish Baptist College, St Andrews, St Andrews, Fife.
Birthplace: ............... Leith, (Edinburgh), Scotland.

Characteristics:
STR 3D6 ...... 11
CON 3D6 (+1 from Investigators Companion pp 34) ..... 13
SIZ 2D6+6 .... 12
DEX 3D6 ...... 9
APP 3D6 ...... 4 (cringe)
INT 2D6+6 ... 14
POW 3D6 .... 15
EDU 3D6+3 .. 14

Idea - Int x 5 ...... 70%
Luck - Pow x 5 .. 75%
Know - Edu x 5 .. 70%

Sanity: .............. 80
Current Sanity: .. 80
Phobias/Mental Disorders: Fear of Mustard Gas

Hit Points: Average of CON and SIZ ... 13
Current Hit Points: ......................... 12
Magic Points: POW ......................... 15
Current Magic Points: ..................... 15
Damage Bonus: STR + SIZ = read off table ... 23 = 0

Appearance & Personality: what you look like and act;
Taciturn and withdrawn, I find social situations with 'civilised' folk to be stiff and awkward meaning that I try to avoid them where possible. That terrible roll that I put onto APP could mean a number of things but I opted for a victim of Mustard Gas, so my face and body are very badly burnt off the terrible weapon.
Immediate effects of mustard gas - note the flesh burnt off to the skull in places
Background: Your backstory;
Born the second son of three to Luther and Gertrude Carruthers, he is, due to the mad Kaiser Wilhelm's machinations, I am the sole survivor from the three brothers who went to the Great War. What a price I have had to pay to get through the experience though. Manys the time I wished I had joined his brothers in the cold earth. During the Great War, I, along with the company I was in, were shelled with Mustard Gas which left me very badly burnt.
The remains of my company being 'led' to the field hospital where I already was receiving treatment
This is something I hide in 'civilised' company by the wearing of a mask which I designed specially to hide my facial disfigurement.
OOC,think something along the lines of the original Phantom of the Opera with Lon Chaney.
This has affected my appearance greatly
OOC,terrible roll - what can I say? I'll get a picture up shortly
and due to the burns on my body, I am not as flexible or dextrous as I used to be.
Me receiving treatment in a field hospital
I could not face up to the stares and pity of my former friends and so I began to withdraw into myself at first before becoming more or less totally isolated. The results of this have left me questioning my place in the universe and I turned to religion for answers ... answers that were very slow in coming. After passing religious orders, I have spent the last three years in the Belgian Congo as a missionary where my disfigurements, previously considered to be shameful, were perversely now treated as marks of respect.

Two months ago I heard that my father was calling for me to return home as he was dying. The last time we had spoken had not gone well with him all but disowning "the freak his son had become." I never made it before he passed away, but having made the trip back to Scotland, I am duty-bound to carry out the last wishes of my father, and scatter his ashes in the Firth of Forth off the coast between Edinburgh and Dunbar.
Skills:,(professional one in italics,.private preceded by two dots; non-base scores bolded. Professional skills = EDU x 20; Hobbies = INT x 10. Age can affect stats and experiences.) Accounting (10%): [i]Anthropology (01%): ... 31%[/i] Archaeology (01%): Art (05%): Astronomy (01%): [i]Bargain (05%): ... 20%[/i] Biology (01%): Chemistry (01%): Climb (40%): ... 50% Conceal (15%): Craft (05%): Credit Rating (15%): Cthulhu Mythos (00%): Disguise (01%): Dodge (DEX×2): ... 18% Drive Auto (20%): Electrical Repair (10%): Fast Talk (05%): ... 25% First Aid (30%): ... 50% Geology (01%): Hide (10%): History (20%): ... 35 Jump (25%): Law (05%): Library Use (25%): ... 60% Listen (25%): ... 45% +2% 47% Locksmith (01%): Martial Arts (01%): Mechanical Repair (20%): Medicine (05%): ... 25% Natural History (10%): Navigate (10%): ... 20% [i]Occult (05%): ... 35%[/i] Operate Heavy Machine (01%): [i]Other Language: (01%): Belgique ... 31%[/i] [i]Own Language: (EDU×5%): ... 70%[/i] [i]Persuade (15%): ... 45%[/i] Pharmacy (01%): Photography (10%): Physics (01%): Pilot (01%): Psychoanalysis (01%): ... 31% [i]Psychology (05%): ... 45% [/i] Ride (05%): Sneak (10%): Spot Hidden (25%): ... 40% +9% 49% Swim (25%): Throw (25%): ... 35% Track (10%): ... 40% Hand-to-Hand: Fist/Punch (50%): Head Butt (10%): Kick (25%): Grapple (25%): Firearms: Handgun (20%): ... 30% Machine Gun (15%): Rifle (25%): ... 50% Shotgun (30%): SMG (15%):
Fathers' ashes in urn; German service revolver taken from one of the 'Hun' during the war; Mask to cover his scarring; clothing appropriate to his status as a missionary; silver cross, (blessed by Principal John Tulloch himself, leader of the School of Divinity at St Andrews at the end of the nineteenth century); Well worn holy bible; Diary; Fountain pen and ink; Cape; Mask; Wide brimmed hat;

Please be sensible over gear, remember that you are taking a vacation, not going off to hunt a gribbly or two. I have no wish to be a penny pincher or part time accountant, so you will start the game with some spending money, which can, of course, be topped up by a visit to a bank, providing you have the necessary funds of course.
Last edited by Cearlan on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
RulerMan
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by RulerMan »

(Work in Progress)

Name: Roberto Algarve
Player: RulerMan
Sex: Male
College, Degrees:
Birthplace: Minas Gerais

Characteristics Rolls:
Spoiler:
STR
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
CON
Spoiler:
[dice]7[/dice]
SIZ
Spoiler:
[dice]1[/dice]
DEX
Spoiler:
[dice]2[/dice]
APP
Spoiler:
[dice]3[/dice]
INT
Spoiler:
[dice]4[/dice]
POW
Spoiler:
[dice]5[/dice]
EDU
Spoiler:
[dice]6[/dice]
Characteristics Stats
STR 12
DEX 11
INT 8
CON 7
APP 8
POW 9
SIZ 11
SAN 45
EDU 14

Idea - 70
Luck - 45
Know - 85

Sanity: 45
Current Sanity: 45

Hit Points: 9
Current Hit Points: 9
Magic Points: 9
Current Magic Points: 9
Damage Bonus: STR + SIZ = +0

Appearance & Personality: Roberto looks like many of the typical bussissmen of his time: Fat, unattractive and arrogant. He once had a wife, but she left him and that made him more bitter.
Though doesn't look like, he don't have a good health. he suffers from asthma (from his low CON).

Background: Roberto was born in the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais, where the production of Coffee is the main income and job for most of the people. his father was then
starting to become a prominent coffee producer by that time. 18 years later he was wealthy enough to send his son to study outside the country, since education in Brazil was very poor.
He succeeded at the St. Adrews university in Scotland because of his focus and determination. there he meet Kirsty Skiter, a beautifull young red haired woman for whom he immediately fell in love.
Though both of them had different views about many things, Roberto married her at the age of 21. It was a troubled relationship. Roberto was very jealous of her and Kirsty was a woman who liked everybody
and talked with everybody. Roberto couldn't stand at this and only 5 years after they married she left him. Roberto was left devastated and he soon tried to commit suicide trying to cut his pulse
with a broken glass. fortunately he failed at that, a friend find him at the very moment he was cuting himself and managed to get him to a Hospital.
Unable to continue living alone in Scoltand with so many sad memories he left the country and returned to his homeland trying to forget all that happened. He now conducts, along with his father, his business.
With the poor conditions of their outdated machinery at their coffee factory, and the need for more sofisticated tools, Roberto once more goes back to Scotland 8 years after he left it.

Skills: (professional one in italics, .private preceded by two dots; non-base scores bolded. Professional skills = EDU x 20; Hobbies = INT x 10. Age can affect stats and experiences.)

Accounting (10%): 40%
Anthropology (01%): 36%
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%): 45%
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%): 35%
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%): 55%
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX×2=22%) : 42%
Drive Auto (20%): 40%
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%): 50%
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%): 45%
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%):
Other Language: (01%): English 31%
Own Language: (EDU×5%): Portuguese 70%
Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%):
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%): 70%
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%): 45%
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%): 40%
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Income Roll
Spoiler:
[dice]8[/dice]
Equipment (With him; most of his more valuable possessions are in Brazil, like his Car,etc)
Tailored Silk Dress suit
Gold Pocket Watch
Cigaretts
Last edited by RulerMan on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4081154/

Name: William MacLean
Player: Mr. Handy
Colleges, Degrees: B.S., Literature, University of Edinburgh
Birthplace: St. Andrews, Scotland

Characteristics:
STR: 16
CON: 7
SIZ: 14
DEX: 10
APP: 10
INT: 14 (Idea - 70)
POW: 8 (Luck - 40)
EDU: 16 (Know - 80) [includes +1 from age]
SAN: 40

Sanity: 40
Phobias/Mental Disorders: N/A
Maximum Sanity: 99
Hit Points: 11
Current Hit Points: 11
Magic Points: 8
Current Magic Points: 8
Damage Bonus: +1d4

Appearance & Personality: William MacLean is a large, muscular Scotsman, over six feet tall and weighing in at over 200 pounds. William seems imposing at first glance, but once you get past his gruff exterior he can be rather friendly. He is never one to shy away from a challenge, always seeking to push himself to his limits, and even a little beyond them.

Background: William was born in St. Andrews, Scotland in 1895. His father is an avid golfer, and William became his caddy at an early age, where he picked up a love of the game and learned a good deal about it. Soon he started playing too, and by the time he was fourteen, he was able to win against his father regularly. William served in the Great War with distinction, where his immense strength and skill in fighting served him well. He captured more than one German soldier in the trenches by braining them with his entrenching tool. When he returned from the war, he joined the professional golf circuit and made it his life. He soon became known for his mighty swing, capable of propelling a ball 400 yards under the right circumstances with excellent accuracy. He indulges in several other sports as well (he's quite good at the caber toss), but golf will always be his first love.

Skills: (Non-default skills BOLD, Professional Skills ITALICS, Hobbies preceded by a DOT)
Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%): 65%
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
.Credit Rating (15%): 35%
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX x 2): 60%
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%): 60%
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
.Listen (25%): 45%
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (Savate) (01%): 50%
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%):
Other Language (01%):
Own Language: English (EDU x 5%): 80%
Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%): 56%
Sneak (10%):
.Spot Hidden (25%): 40%
Swim (25%): 55%
Throw (25%): 65%
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
.Grapple (25%): 50%
Head Butt (10%):
.Kick (25%): 50%
Large Club (25%): 75%

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
.Rifle (25%): 45%
.Shotgun (30%): 45%
SMG (15%):

Equipment:
golf bag with clubs and balls
suitcase
golf clothes
everyday clothes
lighter
humidor full of cigars
cigar cutter
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
PatGrillo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Post by PatGrillo »

OK Here's my effort:

Character Picture
Cynthia Isham.jpg
Cynthia Isham.jpg (27.41 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
(I don't know how to do that, so I used real dice)

Name: Cynthia Isham
Player: Pat Grillo
Sex: F
College, Degrees: Roedean
Birthplace: Northants

Characteristics:
STR 3D6 = 9
CON 3D6 = 12
SIZ 2D6+6 = 8
DEX 3D6 = 12
APP 3D6 = 17
INT 2D6+6 = 12
POW 3D6 = 8
EDU 3D6+3 = 16

Idea - Int x 5 = 60
Luck - Pow x 5 = 40
Know - Edu x 5 = 80

Sanity: 99
Current Sanity: 40

Hit Points: Average of CON and SIZ = 10
Current Hit Points: = 10
Magic Points: POW = 8
Current Magic Points: = 8?
Damage Bonus: STR + SIZ = read off table = none

Appearance & Personality: what you look like and act
Cynthia is considered beautiful but wilful. She is considered to be throwing away her "opportunities" by being more interested in books than in "getting on" which to her family and society means making a good marriage. She doesn't care.

Background: Your backstory
Raised in the privileged manner of the country gentry, Cynthia was sent to school in order to become "finished". Instead she became "bookish" and "argumentative". She was forbidden to apply for University on the basis that it was "a waste of money for gels!" Considered to be "in with a very good chance" at finding an eligible gentleman bachelor among the reduced numbers of them in the 1925 London Debutante Season, due to her natural beauty, she appalled her parents by appearing to snub, outwit and humiliate almost every young man to whom she was introduced. She complained that they were boring or shallow. She is currently barely on speaking terms with her family, so buries herself in her academic interests.

Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%): 60
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%):
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%):
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX×2):
Drive Auto (20%):
Electrical Repair (10%):
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%): 65
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%):
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
Mechanical Repair (20%):
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%): 20
Own Language: (EDU×5%): 80
Persuade (15%): 100
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%):
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%): 10
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%):
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Clothes (lots) in trunk.
Diary
Tour guidebook for Scotland
Pocket dictionary
Pearls
Cosmetics

Hope that's OK. Not sure if I've done Sanity correctly, please check. My rulebook is 1st ed (I think) (I had to blow off a very thick, appropriately Cthuloid layer of dust) so I can see some things are different e.g. no Debate skill, so I have assumed Persuade is the same thing. I don't have a clue how to work out weapon skills - Cynthia possibly doesn't have any, or maybe knows how to use a shotgun from Country House Shooting Parties. And I don't know how to work out money.
RulerMan
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RulerMan »

Do i need to pick up a occupation? i didn't find anything that suits my character so i think it's best for me to just choose the skills i wanna play with.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

RulerMan wrote:Do i need to pick up a occupation? i didn't find anything that suits my character so i think it's best for me to just choose the skills i wanna play with.
Businessman is good enough, what your buisness is exactly could make for interesting conversations. As long as you can justify your skills and show some sort of pattern, no problem.
- Anais Nin
RulerMan
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RulerMan »

Ok, now i just need to pick my skills.

Here is my background:
Spoiler:
Appearance & Personality: Roberto looks like many of the typical bussissmen of his time: Fat, unattractive and arrogant. He once had a wife, but she left him and that made him more bitter.
Though doesn't look like, he don't have a good health. he suffers from asthma (from his low CON).

Background: Roberto was born in the Brazilian State of Minas Gerais, where the production of Coffee is the main income and job for most of the people. his father was then
starting to become a prominent coffee producer by that time. 18 years later he was wealthy enough to send his son to study outside the country, since education in Brazil was very poor.
He succeeded at the St. Adrews university in Scotland because of his focus and determination. there he meet Kirsty Skiter, a beautifull young red haired woman for whom he immediately fell in love.
Though both of them had different views about many things, Roberto married her at the age of 21. It was a troubled relationship. Roberto was very jealous of her and Kirsty was a woman who liked everybody
and talked with everybody. Roberto couldn't stand at this and only 5 years after they married she left him. Roberto was left devastated and he soon tried to commit suicide trying to cut his pulse
with a broken glass. fortunately he failed at that, a friend find him at the very moment he was cuting himself and managed to get him to a Hospital.
Unable to continue living alone in Scoltand with so many sad memories he left the country and returned to his homeland trying to forget all that happened. He now conducts, along with his father, his business.
With the poor conditions of their outdated machinery at their coffee factory, and the need for more sofisticated tools, Roberto once more goes back to Scotland 8 years after he left it.
RulerMan
Initiate
Initiate

Post by RulerMan »

I have already choosen my skills, but besides EDUx20 do we get INTx10 for personal interest points?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

RulerMan wrote:I have already choosen my skills, but besides EDUx20 do we get INTx10 for personal interest points?
Yes INT x10 personal interest points or hobbies. I am going to start a new topic for finished characters, once your character is complete to your satisfaction, please place him there ready for the games commencement.
- Anais Nin
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

RulerMan's character 'Roberto Algarve' is finished and ready to go.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

WORK IN PROGRESS

Name: Cpt. Robert J. Parkhurst
Player: DrPeterson
College, Degrees: Staff College, Camberly
Birthplace: Norwich, England
Date of Birth: December 19, 1886

Characteristics:
Rolls,Strength [dice]0[/dice] Constitution [dice]1[/dice] Size [dice]2[/dice] Dexterity [dice]3[/dice] Appearance [dice]4[/dice] Intelligence [dice]5[/dice] Power [dice]6[/dice] Education [dice]7[/dice]

STR 11
CON 12
SIZ 16
DEX 12
APP 10
INT 15
POW 15
EDU 18 (16 +1 from occupation, +1 from age)

Idea - 75
Luck - 75
Know - 90

Sanity: 75 (-2): 73
Current Sanity: 75
Secret Phobia:,Horses. Captain Parkhurst's fear of horses comes from being trapped under his dying mount following a failed charge on Bosh lines. This trauma has rooted so deeply that Robert suppressed all knowledge of horse handling and will not be caught near one.
Hit Points: 14
Current Hit Points: 14 (-2):12
Magic Points: 15
Current Magic Points: 15
Damage Bonus: +1d4

Appearance & Personality: Robert Parkhurst is a tall broad shouldered man, with an honest face and deep, caring eyes. He moves with the easy gait of one used to command and speaks softly, as if accustomed to having people's attention in conversation. He is always elegantly dressed and keeps his cheeks clean-shaven at all times.

Robert is an open and outspoken man, with a kind word or a listening ear to any who are in need. He is a loyal friend and good conversationalist. He also has a great heart and takes the suffering of others poorly.

Background: Robert's always led a charmed life. Born into industrial money, provided with a good education and trained for a quiet military career in the colonies, Robert's parents were assured of their son's future and prepared for an easy retirement. Then the war broke out and Robert, fresh out of training, volunteered to be sent to the front.
He led as much from the front as he could, much to his family's dismay, but never tried to outshine his soldiers. He knew his strength wasn't in feats of arms, but he had people skills and smarts! And through four long years, the young officer tried to keep his men alive and unscathed. Though he mentally suffered every injury his men took, he didn't lose a drop of blood in the war, not even from shaving.

Robert always was a literate soul, and through the war he kept his sanity by devouring every book he could get his hands on, especially Baudelaire's poetry inspired him and Verne's fantasy helped him imagine a better tomorrow, a tomorrow they were fighting for.
After the war, Robert's social skills and connections landed him in the War Office as a liaison officer with the French.

Independently wealthy, Robert lives in a sizeable Mayfair residence, much to his parents' dismay, who would prefer for him to move to Norwich and marry a nice girl.

Apart from reading, Robert greatly enjoys playing golf, but above all prefers attending and hosting social gatherings, where he entertains his guest on the piano, dance floor or dinner table.

Skills:,(professional one in italics, .private preceded by two dots; non-base scores bolded. Professional skills = EDU x 20=340/340; Hobbies = INT x 10=150 150/150. Age can affect stats and experiences.) Accounting (10%): Anthropology (01%): Archaeology (01%): [b].Art -Piano (05%): 50%[/b] [b].Art -Dance (05%): 40%[/b] Astronomy (01%): [i][b]Bargain (05%): 45%[/b][/i] Biology (01%): Chemistry (01%): Climb (40%): Conceal (15%): Craft (05%): [b][i]Credit Rating (15%): 65%[/i][/b] (+10% from occupation) Cthulhu Mythos (00%): Disguise (01%): [i][b]Dodge (DEX×2): 24%[/b][/i] Drive Auto (20%): Electrical Repair (10%): [b][i]Fast Talk (05%): 55%[/i][/b] [b].First Aid (30%): 50%[/b] Geology (01%): [b][i]Hide (10%): 30%[/i][/b] History (20%): [b][i]Jump (25%): 45%[/i][/b] Law (05%): Library Use (25%): Listen (25%): Locksmith (01%): Martial Arts (01%): Mechanical Repair (20%): Medicine (05%): Natural History (10%): [i][b]Navigate (10%): 50%[/b][/i] Occult (05%): Operate Heavy Machine (01%): [b].Other Language: French (01%): 51%[/b] Own Language: (EDU×5%): 90% [b][i]Persuade (15%): 60%[/i][/b] Pharmacy (01%): Photography (10%): Physics (01%): Pilot (01%): Psychoanalysis (01%): [b][i]Psychology (05%): 55%[/i][/b] Ride (05%): [b][i]Sneak (10%): 30%[/i][/b] Spot Hidden (25%): Swim (25%): Throw (25%): Track (10%): Hand-to-Hand: [i]Fist/Punch (50%):[/i] [i]Head Butt (10%):[/i] [i]Kick (25%):[/i] [i]Grapple (25%):[/i] Firearms: [b][i]Handgun (20%): 55%[/i][/b] Machine Gun (15%): Rifle (25%): Shotgun (30%): SMG (15%):

Equipment: Several changes of clothes packed in durable leather trunks, dress uniform, Webley pistol (to be worn as part of uniform), necessary papers and identification, purse with calling cards, too many books to read on one trip, but including a worn, French version of Verne's 20,000 Leagues, pipe and utensils. He also keeps his trench whistle around as a lucky charm.
Last edited by DrPeterson on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Character Picture

3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6+3 → [4,2,2] = (8)
3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6+3 → [5,3,3] = (11)
3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6+3 → [6,6,6] = (18)
3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6+3 → [1,6,4] = (11)
3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6+3 → [2,3,1] = (6)
3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6+3 → [3,1,6] = (10)
3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6+3 → [3,2,5] = (10)
3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6;2d6+6;3d6;3d6+3 → [1,3,1,3] = (8)

Character generation rolls (3d6=8, 3d6=11, 2d6+6=18, 3d6=11, 3d6=6, 2d6+6=10, 3d6=10, 3d6+3=8)

Name: Claire Struthers
Player: yockenthwaite
Sex: Female
College, Degrees:
Birthplace: London, England

Characteristics:
STR 8
CON 11
SIZ 18
DEX 11
APP 6
INT 10
POW 10
EDU 8

Idea - 50
Luck - 50
Know - 40

Sanity: 50
Current Sanity: 50

Hit Points: 15
Current Hit Points: 15
Magic Points: 10
Current Magic Points: 10
Damage Bonus: +1D4

Appearance & Personality: Claire is a tall well-built lady, large, and somewhat striking, but not attractive in any conventional sense. She has black hair, cut in a fashionable bob, and tends to wear fashionable clothes of the time, though she is hardly a pretty clothes horse.

Background: The younger daughter of a minor aristocrat, the Marquess of Sherborne, her family has lands in Dorset, but lives mainly in London, where she was born. As a younger daughter of an aristocrat she might be expected to make a good marriage, but she has no interest in this, at least at the moment. She did not attend university, and has a relatively poor education, but she is not stupid, and has her own ideas. For now she is considering becoming a professional photographer, if her family permit this, and has been building up skills in this area. Whenever she is travelling she takes a handy Kodak Brownie camera with her, for convenient snapping on the move. In terms of hobbies she has her own car at home, and has taught herself, with help of staff, some engineering, to keep it on the road. For now she is taking a holiday in Scotland, partly to enjoy the scenery and photography opportunities, partly to give her a chance away from her family to consider her future.

Accounting (10%):
Anthropology (01%):
Archaeology (01%):
Art (05%):
Astronomy (01%):
Bargain (05%):
Biology (01%):
Chemistry (01%): 21%
Climb (40%):
Conceal (15%):
Craft (05%):
Credit Rating (15%): 50%
Cthulhu Mythos (00%):
Disguise (01%):
Dodge (DEX×2): 22%
..Drive Auto (20%): 50%
..Electrical Repair (10%): 30%
Fast Talk (05%):
First Aid (30%):
Geology (01%):
Hide (10%):
History (20%):
Jump (25%):
Law (05%):
Library Use (25%):
Listen (25%):
Locksmith (01%):
Martial Arts (01%):
..Mechanical Repair (20%): 50%
Medicine (05%):
Natural History (10%):
Navigate (10%):
Occult (05%):
..Operate Heavy Machine (01%): 21%
Own Language: (EDU×5%): 40%
Persuade (15%):
Pharmacy (01%):
Photography (10%): 60%
Physics (01%):
Pilot (01%):
Psychoanalysis (01%):
Psychology (05%):
Ride (05%):
Sneak (10%):
Spot Hidden (25%): 40%
Swim (25%):
Throw (25%):
Track (10%):

Hand-to-Hand:
Fist/Punch (50%):
Head Butt (10%):
Kick (25%):
Grapple (25%):

Firearms:
Handgun (20%):
Machine Gun (15%):
Rifle (25%):
Shotgun (30%):
SMG (15%):

Equipment
Several changes of clothes, in a large suitcase
Satchel for carrying things on day trips
Notebook
Pencil and pens
Kodak Brownie camera
Spare films
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Excellant welcome Claire. If your happy she's complete please copy her to the Finished Characters thread. Once everyone is over there I will lock it and we will be ready to begin.
- Anais Nin

Return to “Shadows Over Scotland”