Character Concepts

Splendid, a vacation in Scotland, just the ticket. Let us begin with a short boat trip and take in some of the fresh, sea air.
Call of Cthulhu in 1920s Scotland, first scenario ‘The Ballad of Bass Rock’.

Moderator: Priest

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Character Concepts

Post by DrPeterson »

Do we use the rolls in the order used, or can we shift them around taking into account minimum scores such as at least 6 EDU, 8 SIZE and such?
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
RulerMan
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by RulerMan »

I was wondering, though my character does not live in Scotland anymore, he passed years studying there and even lived with his ex-wife for a few years on a house. Can he still own a small house or a apartment in Scotland?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Priest »

DrPeterson wrote:Do we use the rolls in the order used, or can we shift them around taking into account minimum scores such as at least 6 EDU, 8 SIZE and such?
As they come. In other words in the order rolled.
RulerMan wrote:I was wondering, though my character does not live in Scotland anymore, he passed years studying there and even lived with his ex-wife for a few years on a house. Can he still own a small house or a apartment in Scotland?
I see no reason why you shouldn't, however it would only be a small place not a huge penthouse apartment in the most expensive area of Edinburgh.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
RulerMan
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by RulerMan »

Sounds fair to me.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Ok I'd like to play a female character, and if she's on holiday in Scotland I'm thinking she's got to come from a wealthy family. So maybe the younger daughter of a minor English aristo based in London, who's spending some time in Scotland while she figures out what to do with her life. Maybe make her a dabbler in photography or something like that, with ideas of possibly going into producing pictures for magazines. If she can get away with that given what her family might think. How does that sound?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Sounds good. Two female characters? Well I must say that will be a first for me as a keeper. ;)
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

yockenthwaite wrote:Ok I'd like to play a female character, and if she's on holiday in Scotland I'm thinking she's got to come from a wealthy family. So maybe the younger daughter of a minor English aristo based in London, who's spending some time in Scotland while she figures out what to do with her life. Maybe make her a dabbler in photography or something like that, with ideas of possibly going into producing pictures for magazines. If she can get away with that given what her family might think. How does that sound?

If she moves in London circles, she might know Robert Parkhurst, he's quite active, present and endowed.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Excellent. Thanks both. Will roll up over next couple of days.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Priest wrote:
DrPeterson wrote:Do we use the rolls in the order used, or can we shift them around taking into account minimum scores such as at least 6 EDU, 8 SIZE and such?
As they come. In other words in the order rolled.
Sorry Priest, I never saw this and moved my stats around a bit ... do you want me to redo the character either using the rolls as they were done or new rolls? Jumping in with both tentacles again.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Nah. He's okay, no attempt at megabuilding or you might have changed the APP score. As has been said before (by you I think) we are all adults here. ;)
- Anais Nin
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Thanks buddy - appreciate it as I had put a fair bit into that one :)
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Shadows Over Scotland”