Nono and Juan

War of the Dead is a campaign that takes your character from the first stages of the zombie outbreak and into a world forever changed. The normal rules of society, law, order, and decency are out the window. Gone.
Forget about them. Luxury isn’t a good movie, a new video game, or finally affording that dream home. It’s being able to fall asleep at night, managing to wake up the next morning, and having survived another day without becoming a Living Dead. It’s being able to find food enough to keep you moving throughout the day, or something to burn to keep warm when the nights get cold. Welcome to the war for survival . . . the War of the Dead.

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Nono and Juan

Post by Priest »

From somewhere ahead a voice yells, "RUN, this way quick"
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Nono and Juan

Post by kabukiman »

Nono nods a quick. She says a quick -Hi- to the boy and continue running with him in direction of the voice..
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

"JESUS JOSEPH AND SATAN! What the hell!" Juan screams as she see's the mob begin staggering to their feet after the explosion. Seeing the crazy people continue moving towards him he had the immediate instinct to start blasting away with his pistol but knew that if an explosion didn't stop him there's no way his little pea shooter was going to.
"Uh, hi." Juan says absently with a faint wave of his hand as the girl runs by him, he continues staring at the horde for moment before turning around and following the girl towards the voice.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The voice seems to have come from a military ambulance parked at the kerbside some thirty or so yards from you. From the drivers window you can see someone waving frantically,
"Back doors are open, get in here quick"

As you approach you can see that the rear doors are partially adjar and fly fully open as you get within ten feet or so. Half standing in the opening a uniformed EMT is gesturing in a hurry up manner.
Even as Nono dives inside, the engine roars into life.
"Move it kid, we ain't got time to piss around"...
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Thanks for saving us! I'm Nono. And what are those... things? I saw an explosion that should have kill them and they are walking like if they didn't feel anything!
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Juan doesn't need to be told twice, he dives headfirst into the open ambulance and quickly pulls himself into a crouch, gripping his pistol tightly as he looks out the doors.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Both inside the vehicle the back doors are slammed shut as with a roor of acceleration the heavy military ambulance pulls away from the kerb and the oncoming horde of people.

Holding tight against the rocking of the speeding vehicle, the attendant, a woman you guess to be somewhere in her late twenties, her hair cut short and dressed in military camouflage, smiles grimly, at you both.
kabukiman wrote:-Thanks for saving us! I'm Nono. And what are those... things? I saw an explosion that should have kill them and they are walking like if they didn't feel anything!
"Classified, or that's what we are told. But this much I can tell you they aint stopped by bullets, whatever the calibre" She nods toward the pistol Juan is gripping white knockled as he watches the horde dissapear through the back windows.
"9mm .756, even 50mm dont seem to stop them. Oh sure it puts them down but when the firing stops they get right on up and continue doing their thing, killing"

She pulls a medical bag open, "Anyone hurt?"

The heavy ambulance takes a left at speed, for a moment it feels like its about to tip over then bounces back on all four once more. From the front, a Texan accented voice drawls, "Wheehaw, will you look at that!"

He brings the vehicle to a sliding halt as before you the multi laned expressway is filled with a nose to tail jam of vehicles and crowds of people some running others limping in that way you had seen before all heading toward a line of crowd control barricades complete with flashing lights and a thin rank of defenders, military and police.

"Like a plaster used to mend a severed artery" he scans the surroundings. "Guess we won't be going that way"
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-If those police stay there, they will be... killed. Running seems the only option. Or maybe a bulldozer?
Then turning to the boy:
-Thanks again for the warning or I would have died from the blast!
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"What you mean they're invincible?" Juan asks the military lady. "Shit...." He mutters, pulling a knee up against his chest and trying to wrap his mind around this madness.
kabukiman wrote: -Thanks again for the warning or I would have died from the blast!
"Yeah no problem, hah, doesn't look like its gonna do ya any good though." He replied still thinking about the monsters.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I was going to the aeroport to return home. You see, I'm portuguese and I was to participate in a competition, but it was cancelled because the flu. You think I can still get to the plane on time? - she says without much hope...
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

With a lurch the ambulance turns sharply right and takes a sideroad off the main expressway. Juan recognises the street and knows that it will eventualy lead to the Central Hospital, by a longer route of course. Peering through the windscreen he notes that although heavy with vehicles, most of which look abandoned, the road looks passable.
kabukiman wrote:-I was going to the aeroport to return home. You see, I'm portuguese and I was to participate in a competition, but it was cancelled because the flu. You think I can still get to the plane on time?
At Nono's words the female EMT nods, "Last we heard the airport was still operating, under military control of course, but non essential flight were limited. And as far as we know long haul flights have been temporarily suspended until the situation has been normalised."

Her words are punctuated by the sound of heavy gunfire and screaming loud enough to penetrate the ambulance interior.

As you watch a huge black helicopter with military markings swoops low overhead and launches two missiles into a nearby building. In a huge plume of smoke and fire the building momentarilly dissapears from sight. Then as the roar of the blast assaults your hearing the building, or most of it begins to topple onto the road ahead of you.

With a curse the driver of the ambulance stamps on the brake pedal bringing the heavy vehicle to a sliding halt, as you are suddenly engulfed in smoke, dust and bits of debris from the collapse.

"Shit now where do we go?" the driver waves his fist into the air, "Bastards, they must have seen the markings."

He turns and glances back at Juan, "You're from here right kid, so is there a side road that I can use to skirt this?"
OOC:   Juan please roll using your smarts for common knowledge of Raliegh. So a d4 for smarts, and seperately a d6 wild dice. The TN you require is a 2. Dont forget dice maximums (4 on the d4, or 6 on the d6) roll again and add to total for that dice for extra successes, and the more successes the better.  
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

This was getting a true nigthmare. She remembered the stories her grandmother use to tell her, that one day God would punish humankind for it's sins, and destroy it.
But those creatures don't seem to be angels... or even demons. More like dead drunk. With those wounds, dead. Is it the flu that has given some kind of resistence? No, people sick with the flu get's weaker, not stronger and with an apetite for human flesh. But with some mutant virus, you never know...
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Screw the hospital lets go to the airport, get the fuck outta here." Juan said hot heatedly.Shit how did things get so bad so fast? Last night I was hanging out with Charlie at his apartment, having a blunt and worry free. Juan shook his head a little.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Garrett wrote:"Screw the hospital lets go to the airport, get the fuck outta here."
The driver, still half turned towards the back, shakes his head, "No can do compadre we need to get to the hospital and make our delivery"

He turns back to the front and revs the vehicles engine, "So you have any advice on an alternative route or not?"

Now that the dust from the fallen building has begun to settle you can see that it has effectively blocked the road in front. Worse still from the rubble several figures are slowly moving toward the ambulance. While others are starting to climb from stalled vehicles to join them. One, a woman possibly although damage to her upper body and facial area is making any judgement difficult, has slid from a nearby Chevy and is slowly dragging herself towards the vehicle, a trail of blood marking her path through the dust coated debris.

"Oh shit, get the fuck outa here, Mason. It doesn't matter where as long as we aint here" screams the EMT as she opens a aluminium case and pulls a military issue assault rifle from inside. She inserts a magazine and pulls back the slide. "Lock and load" she turns toward the back doors and levels the rifle, "No atheists in foxholes"...
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Nono turns to Juan.
-If you know a rout out of here, think it quick!- She says to Juan.
Who am I fooling? If a bullet or an explosion didn't kill those creatures, it won't be my bokken. But maybe I can slow them? They seem to fall to the ground when hit and that give us time. I need to stay alive until the goverment controls the situation so I can return to my country!
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4295208/ 9+
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4295209/ 2, 11 total.

Seeing the monsters makes a fresh bead a sweat start down Juan's head. "Fine, you go down Masterson Street and take the third right, after that just follow the signs." He says bitterly.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Go quick- says Nono relieved.
The number of those monsters are increasing. I hope in other places things aren't so bad. Are all the people who got the flu, transformed in that?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The driver nods and turns back to the steering wheel.
With a roar of engine the ambulance swings down the street sign posted 'Masterson Street'. "Third right?, Oh yeah I see it"

The vehicle jumps and batters its way through the debris occasionally smashing over a slowly rising figure. Within moments to gathering crowd of dead are left far behind.

"No sweat boy and girls, we'll soon be at the hospital and with any luck we can find out what's going on" With his words you suddenly relise that there has been nothing but static coming from the radio since you had got in.

"Last we heard was that we were to get to the samples to hospital and get evac'ed from there" As he speaks he nods to the aluminium temperature controlled box tied to the passenger seat...
Garrett,the dice rolled should have been a d4 and a seperate d6, they are independant and are not added together. If you roll a maximum on your skill dice, in this case d4 or your wild dice (d6) you roll that dice again and add the extra number to that dice roll. So rolling your skill (d4) scored you 2, to beat the TN of 4 you needed to roll a 4. However on the D6 you rolled 5 so you succeeded. You only add dice when you roll the maximum on either your skill or the wild dice. You'll get there in the end don't worry.
- Anais Nin
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Shouldn't anyone answer you from the radio? Or maybe have them been already evacuated? - she says worried
Or maybe those monsters have already conquer the place
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Evacuation? Alright lets get there." Juan says relieved as he leans against the wall of the speeding van.

Return to “War of the Dead”