Robert Valentine (Dr.Peterson)

War of the Dead is a campaign that takes your character from the first stages of the zombie outbreak and into a world forever changed. The normal rules of society, law, order, and decency are out the window. Gone.
Forget about them. Luxury isn’t a good movie, a new video game, or finally affording that dream home. It’s being able to fall asleep at night, managing to wake up the next morning, and having survived another day without becoming a Living Dead. It’s being able to find food enough to keep you moving throughout the day, or something to burn to keep warm when the nights get cold. Welcome to the war for survival . . . the War of the Dead.

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Robert Valentine (Dr.Peterson)

Post by Priest »

You are aware of Bernice slowly nodding her head, "Yeah a husband and two children, but they're in Atlanta visiting Tom's mum and dad. I guess they're safe there well away from this", she nods towards the street.
"Never thought this would happen and so fast, no one even knows what it is or where it came from" She grabs your arm in a tight grip, "Dead folks don't get up and come back to life, do they?"

Obviously talking is helping, her voice is starting to seem more measured, stronger.
"I know the Bible talks about the resurrection of the flesh, but this isn't the way I figured it'd be...This aint the last days is it?"

No matter how you hit and curse the radio gives nothing but static. The closer you get to the centre the more choked the roads become with vehicles some obviously abandoned, others wrecks many of which still smoulder. As you pass the engine noise seems to be drawing an ever increasing horde of the shambling, limping and staggering dead. Men, women and children, some walk some crawl. A few wear military or emergency uniforms, but most wear the tattered and bloodstained clothing of the civilian populace.

From the windscreen you can see plumes of black smoke rising from various parts of the Cities skyline. Overhead the occasional whap-whap of hellicopter rotors attest to the continued military presence. It would seem that not everyone has given up the City. Ahead and above you an attack hellicopter grows larger as it heads towards you. Its progress becomes almost mesmerising, as if it will lull you too sleep. Then suddenly sparkles of white light blossom below its belly and the road in front of you suddenly erupts into geysers of fire.
Jesus H Christ, you think, miniguns...
OOC:   I need a Driving Roll from you to avoid the minigunfire. Your skill is d4 (Don't forget your Wild Dice d6) the TN is 4.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"Atlanta, that's good. The CDC is in Atlanta. I'm sure they'll have figured out what this is by now. I wouldn't know about the Bible though, maybe it's a virus or terrorists. It could be the Chinese too..."

Valentine thinking:   I sure hope it's not the End of Days, we can't do anything about that.  

Look at all these...people...where do they keep coming from?

Valentine tries to focus on the road again, but his attention is quickly drawn by the helicopter.

"The army! We're in the clea..."

He tries to avoid the gunfire and maintain control of the wheel, but to no avail.
Driving,[dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

With a curse you try to avoid the stream of bullets. Jinking the truck left then right the heavy gunfire seems impossible to avoid. With a roar of tortured steel the left side of the pick up's bonnet disapears as if it had never been. At the same moment the heavy vehicle swerves left and you know that the front left tyre has gone.

"Hold on to something", you shout as the vehicle begins to turn over.

The awful rolling sensation stops and for a few moments your head spins with noise and the sensations of falling. Then you realise you are still alive and hanging upside down from your seat belt. From beside you a low moan indicates that Bernice is till alive too.

As you listen, your head slowly clearing you hear the departing hellicopters rotors. Obviously having done whatever his work was he's leaving.
OOC:   Luckily you have a four inch jack knife in your trouser pocket.  
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

OOC:   How will that help me upturn the car? ;)  
Robert lets out a few moans and grunts as he fishes for his pocket knife. He cuts himself loose and lets out an "oof!" as he is released. He then proceeds to quickly cut Bernice loose, allowing himself a look out the window to ascertain the position of the shamblers outside.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

While Bernice struggles to free herself of the straps, you can see that the horde of infected that have been following your car have closed off any avenue of escape to the rear and are slowly moving towards your upturned vehicle.

To your left a row of silent apartment buildings seems like your nearest route to safety. Bernice is whimpering beside you, "Dear God, save us"

You estimate that you are two streets from Mercy Hospital and probably ten or more from Central and Andrea. You know that they have an emergency hellicopter at Mercy...
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Robert helps Bernice get free from her bonds and then pulls her out of the car.
Before leaving, he leans in and recovers the box of ammunition.
Valentine thinking:   I'll find you, Andrea, I swear I will!  
"Central is at least ten blocks away...I say we make for Mercy Hospital and see if we can contact people there."

He takes Bernice by the arm and starts moving her in the direction of Mercy and away from the zombies.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Just across from you a door opens in a building and a young boy appears momentarily, he seems to be carrying some kind of M16, which looks incongrously too big for him.

You estimate that the door that has been opened is about forty yards from where you are. A quick look at the ever nearing horde shows that you will easily make the door before them.
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Robert suddenly smiles, about as confused by seeing the kid with the machine gun as he is elated to see another human being.

Listen kid, don't shoot, okay? I'm with the Sheriff's Department and Bernice here is a nurse, I'm sure we can help each other. Just let us in, okay?
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Realising there is little time to spare for conversational niceties you and Bernice begin to move towards the doorway. From behind the kid a young woman, also carrying some kind of militery rifle, appears and shouts, "Over here, quick"
- Anais Nin
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Robert quickly enters the building, suspiciously eyeing the machine guns in the hands of those children.

"Thank you, those things were hot on our tails."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

OOC:   From this point I shall be combining you with Juan and Nono in a new topic. viewtopic.php?f=251&t=4728  
- Anais Nin

Return to “War of the Dead”