IC-Ep 1-Regrouping(Chad/Leonek/Raymond/Tobias/Salem)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Regrouping(Chad/Leonek/Raymond/Tobias/Salem)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's a new door I'm installing," mumbled the workman without even turning to look back. It sounded like he had something in his mouth. "Old one's busted. It'll be ready this evening."

The hotel rooms were fairly small and were pretty standard fare. Each room contained two single beds, a small writing desk and chair located near the door, and a window. The door had a chain lock and a small sign hanging from the knob inside the room that read "Do Not Disturb." The rooms also each had a cramped bathroom with a combination shower/bathtub, a toilet, and a sink. Room 106 also had a connecting door in the left wall that led to Room 108, though the door was shut and locked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

" A nuisance - more work for you. Why'd the last one bust?" Tobias asks the workman.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The man shrugged, his muscular shoulders rolling as he did. "Dunno," he said. "They didn't tell me, just said to replace it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias leans over to have a look. "Can I give you a hand? It's much quicker hanging a door with two people. I'm a mechanic." He adds.
ooc,rolls if needed: spot hidden fail [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891915/]1d100=56[/url] mech roll fail [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891917/]1d100=52[/url] If the man declines his help, Tobias shrugs and walks back to Raymond's room for a debrief.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The room beyond the door looked ordinary as far as Tobias could see, but he did get a good look at the man's face...
Tobias Maddox,...and promptly wished he hadn't. The workman looked to be in his thirties and was decidedly on the ugly side. His bulging eyes, scaly skin, and lumpy neck reminded [b]Tobias[/b] of the deformities he had seen in [b]Simon Armistead[/b]'s autopsy photo. He had nothing in his mouth, so perhaps his voice sounded that way because of his mutation. [spoiler][b]Tobias[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4.[/spoiler]
"Here now, you're just getting in the way," mumbled the man. "I can do it faster by myself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond nodded to Chad, "Especially considering the circumstances." Raymond said popped open the door to room 106. He put down some of basic necessities that had survived the crash on the bed closest to the desk. A change of cloths and some toiletries. On the desk he set his wallet and a watch. He made sure to scan the room thoroughly for anything out of place before they would have their little debrief.

"You see a phone anywhere around here? It might not do to have to go to that payphone every time." Raymond said as he did his sweep of the room. "I should have thought to ask the woman at the front desk what room Dr. Kirby was in and if she had left a note or anything."

Raymond
finished his sweep of the room and sat down at the desk to jot a few notes for himself while he waited on the others to settle in and make their way up to the room.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The room did have a telephone on the writing desk, and it was possible to dial an outside line. Nothing in the room looked out of place, and it had been thoroughly cleaned.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek scanned the room, but noticed nothing out of the ordinary. He quickly splashed some water in his face and made his way to the other room with Salem when he was ready.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mr. Handy,[color=#0000BF]"Jeeze!"[/color] Tobias stumbles on seeing the man's face and only just saves himself from falling into the grotesque man by grabbing hold of the door frame. He pushes himself away and blunders down the corridor.[spoiler]roll,fail [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3896233/]1d100=84, 1d4=2[/url][/spoiler]
With a great bang, the door swings open, Tobias crashes into room 106, "Jeeze, the ugly son of a - Jeeze!" He shakes his head violently and sits down hard on the bed.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad noticeably jumps when Tobias comes crashing in. "Bleedin' 'ell! What's all this about?!"
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Strange, I didn't see any mirrors in the hallway Tobias." Little showed on Raymond's face that he was joking aside from a small smirk, otherwise it would have seemed the callous remark of a disinterested man. "Come on, no one's so ugly to warrant that sort of reaction."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias is in too much shock to notice the joke. He takes a deep breath. "I didn't expect to see that in this cutesy country inn. Sorry fellas, I'm okay, just shocked that's all; it's been one helluva day." He looks up, "You remember those autopsy photos we saw back at UNIT? The scaly skin and deformities? Well, there's another of them right here at the inn. Only this one is live and kicking. If you don't believe me, go take a look at the fella down the hallway." He shudders, "One ugly muther."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Just about then Leonek arrives at the room, he barely took notice of the repair man and the broken down door as his nose was buried in the map of the area.

He smiles as he enters and says, "You're not too pretty either, chelovyek"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Really? What's going on in this town... I should ask the doctor about this if I see him again." Raymond says.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem followed Leonek's lead and as Salem walked past the repair man, he wondered to himself if the broken down door was the room that Dr.Kirby stayed in.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

He smiles as he enters and says, "You're not too pretty either, chelovyek"

"Yeah, thanks Leonek, I'd be worried if you thought otherwise."
Tobias says as Leonek and Salem walk in. " I'm talking about the repair guy down the hallway. He's got the same deformations as we saw in the photos back in UNIT. Maybe it's hereditary. Or something in the water." He thinks for a moment. "Guess I'll be sticking to beer while we're here."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek glanced outside for a moment to see if could catch a glimpse of the repairguy's unique appearance and then, once everyone was inside, closed the door.
He looked at the others and nodded.

"I think we are all here, yes? Maybe we should debrief?"

He stayed by the door, motioning with a few short gestures that one other person should stay as well, just in case someone would be listening in.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek went out into the hall and walked down to the end, where he was able to get a glimpse of the repairman's face...
Leonek Novak,...and promptly wished he hadn't. The workman looked to be in his thirties and was decidedly on the ugly side. His bulging eyes, scaly skin, and lumpy neck reminded [b]Leonek[/b] of the deformities he had seen in [b]Simon Armistead[/b]'s autopsy photo, just as [b]Tobias[/b] had said. [spoiler][b]Leonek[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d4.[/spoiler]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek quickly reappeared, his face drawn, eyes wide and sweat running from his brow. He let out a stream of incomprehensible Polish expletives as he closed the door behind him. Breathing heavily, he looked at the others.

"He's a monster! A dziwoląg! I can only imagine what they did to poor Dr Kirby!"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Knowing exactly how Leonek feels, Tobias sympathetically makes room for him to sit on the bed. He looks at Raymond. "It's our first lead."

Return to “Episode 1”