IC-Ep 1-Regrouping(Chad/Leonek/Raymond/Tobias/Salem)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Re: IC-Ep 1-Regrouping(Chad/Leonek/Raymond/Tobias/Salem)

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond makes sure the door is close and begins to speak slightly more hushed, as if they could be overheard. "True, it is definitely one lead about the town. You'll have to forgive me if I don't look for myself, I trust you both and I don't think it would do to draw more attention in that fashion." Raymond takes out a notepad and jots down the abnormality sighting, "If Simon Armistead had those mutations, and this man does as well, I would not be surprised if we run into more people in the town with the same issues. I didn't notice anything wrong with Dr. Strong, but if he treats even a fair amount of the residents in town, then I am sure he is aware of these mutations. I suspect we will be seeing a few more people like them, so perhaps we should try to brace ourselves for it so we don't appear suspicious."

He sat at the desk and turned the chair to the room, "So what do we know? We know that Simon Armistead killed himself in London after visiting Dunwich and was afflicted with severe mutations. That his real father must have been of Dunwich, especially now considering we have already witnessed another man with similar genetic disorders." He continued, "We know that Valerie Kirby went missing two days ago, had visited Dr. Strong a few days ago in the afternoon, and that the woman at the front desk says she left today. Her lie, or at least disguised truth, coupled with damages to the hotel doesn't bode well."

Raymond puts his notes down for a moment and begins fiddling with his ballpoint pen, "So gentlemen, where do you suggest we begin? Valerie and Elliot are probably meeting with that author to establish their reasoning to be here, but that still leaves us with time to investigate other avenues."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek looks thoroughly unhappy as he walks through the room and sits down on the bed next to Tobias.

What did the doctor say about Dr Kirby? He must have said something we could use?

He sighs deeply.

"If that was Dr Kirby's room, she's in a lot of trouble..."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"I could try chatting up the receptionist, find out about that room." Tobias says distastefully. He notices the others' expressions, "She's not my type at all, I'm just doing it for leads."
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"We should head up towards the Dunwich museum, I mean, after all we are tourists," as Salem paused to look around the room to see if he got their attention. "It could be a good start to find out why Beth and Simon Armistead came to Dunwich," Salem shifts his posture against the wall, carefully leaning his head towards the door as to hear any unwelcome ears. Salem glances back at the room, "Hey Ray, remember back at Dr. Strong's cottage? Do you think Dr. Strong is single?" Salem recalled the beautiful cottage and a few expensive valuables, but couldn't remember seeing any family pictures. With a stern look over Salem's face, he began calculating numbers to himself under his breath. Without making eye contact with the group, Salem gave a blank stare off into the room, "Dr. Strong appeared to be in his 60's but if 30 years ago Beth Armistead came to Dunwich, I think they may of had a romantic relationship together."Salem continued, "out of all of the people we've met Dr. Strong seemed like the only one that appeared normal, although, we haven't toured around town enough so let's sleep on that thought"
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond thought for a few moments on Dr. Strong, "I don't know if he is single, but nothing really stuck out to me as the cottage being a couple's home. The idea of Dr. Strong being Ms. Armistead's lover seems a bit too convenient plus he didn't seem to have any of the mutations that afflicted Simon, but perhaps she knew her. It's worth asking." Raymond looked up at the group, stopping his now-conjecture scribblings, "He's got a point, if we are tourists we should do something tourists do. The museum is as good as any place to start. I think one or two of us should stay behind and wait for Ms. Soames and Mr. Webb should they return soon."
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias shrugs, "I don't mind waiting here. I still need to organise my room and I'm hoping it'll be the one with the broken door so I'm looking forward to having a nose round."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek raises his hand.

"I will stay too, an extra pair of eyes is always useful, unless of course you want to drive around town?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad stands and stretches. "I'll go. May as well make productive use of our time. Besides, might help me get my mind off of... things."
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Anyone else like to come along?" As Salem leans away from the door and gives his attention to the room.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Then I will head to the museum with you guys," Raymond says. He gathers his things and before they head out he turns to Tobias and Leonek, "If something comes up leave a note, if something bad comes up, leave a mark that isn't easily covered up. Don't need anyone else disappearing. Oh and Tobias, if you feel the need to chat up the receptionist, just be careful it'd be a little odd if Valerie disappeared from the hotel and she didn't know anything about it."

With that Raymond heads out the door with the other two - making sure one of them has a key.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Leonek[/b] and [b]Tobias[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Back at the Inn
OOC,[b]Chad[/b], [b]Raymond[/b], and [b]Salem[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Museum Piece
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Episode 1”