IC-Ep 1-Ghostwriter(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Val/Elliot)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Ghostwriter(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook/Val/Ell

Post by Thorn »

Brook picks up Midnight from her lap and stands, carrying the cat over to one of the book shelves, where she stands "ahenny". "Are there any mysteries surrounding Dunwich besides the shrieking eels and old churches?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Lucius' comment and says, "I'll be glad to take a look." He begins to skim through the book written by Mr. Soames.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Mskatonic »

"It would be hasty to make assumptions, but I do agree there is a strong possibility of family relation. You know, I was looking forward to adding a nephew or cousin to my knitting list, I enjoy knitting colorful Christmas jumpers for my family. You could say it is a bit of a family tradition! "Valerie points to her handbag that has some yarn and knitting needles haphazardly sticking out and chuckles."It does get rather chilly on coastal towns like these. What size sweater do you wear? Hmm you look to be about a medium size, 38 perhaps. And, honestly we haven't seen anyone from Dunwich besides you. We have just arrived to the area, came about B1125, haven't even passed through Dunwich proper yet. Don't fancy we'll be staying in the area terribly long, but I suppose Elliot and I would like a look-around. I was hoping to talk with young Val while she was in town. I hope that she is well." Valerie glances off towards the window with a look of concern on her face.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"So do I," said Virgil in a solemn tone. "She was most delightful company. If she suffered a diving mishap, I'd feel responsible, as it was I who told her of the Eye of Hydra." He forced his expression to brighten. "I would be pleased to exchange gifts with you at Christmastime. Yes, it does get chilly of nights here, and I do take a 38. You've got a good eye. It feels good to have family again after so long, if indeed we are family. I think you'll enjoy your visit to Dunwich."

Story began to peruse the book and noted the same things that Lucius had. It would take some time to skim the entire thing, though at first glance most of it seemed to be conjecture without facts to support it.
OOC,The bookshelves are in the study. [b]Brook[/b], are you entering that room?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Yes, she moves into the study if that's where the books are.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius went back to glancing out the window and asked Story, "Where do you suppose we should head next?"
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story lays the book on the table. He then stands up and walks over to Lucius. "Perhaps we should take a walk down to the museum for a bit? We just might catch a glimpse of whoever it was that seemed to be following us."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded, but went over to retrieve the book that was loaned to him. "Ready when you are."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods at Lucius. "We should see what the ladies wish to do before we leave though." Walks over to Elizabeth and leans in close. "Lucius and I are going to walk down to the museum for a bit. Do you wish to come along or stay here and converse with Virgil some more? I'm not sure what Brook wishes to do yet."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'd really like to see the museum," says Elizabeth quietly. "So I will come with you two." She stands up, ready to accompany the others.
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"Yes family 's important, especially these days." Valerie replied to Virgil. "Elliot and I appreciate your hospitality, but we should be letting you get on with your doings. I'm sure you have more to do than entertain guests all day. I suppose we will be heading to Dunwich next, and will most likely be spending a night or two at the Ship Inn. Anything you recommend as a must-see while we are in the area?" Valerie turns to the other visitors, "I didn't see you folks driving a car, do you need a lift to town?"
Spoiler:
OOC-do I have a phone or any way to contact UNIT? Wasn't sure if that equipment was lost in the crash.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Before Story pulls away he says to Elizabeth, "Brooks in the study, do you mind checking in on her and letting her know the plan?" Before answering Valerie, Story looks at Lucius to see if his friend shows any unease about her offer.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brook got up from the table and walked over towards the study door carrying the cat, and she was rather conspicuous about it. However, Virgil was completely distracted by the conversation and paid her no heed. The study had mahogany panels covering the walls. It contained a large fireplace, currently unlit, a big oak writing desk with several drawers, a comfortable-looking leather armchair, and several shelves lined with books. Glancing through the spines, she noticed that a few of the books were in Latin, and a few even had Norse runes, though most of them were in English. They largely focused on history, but with an odd bent. There were a large number of books dealing with the occult and with magick (the "k" on the end was important, as it differentiated it from stage magic). Only a few of them were written by Virgil Soames.

Lucius looked out the window, but there was still no foot or vehicle traffic outside.

"You're welcome to stay and talk as long as you like," says Virgil. "I so rarely get visitors that it is a welcome interruption. I can write any time. Of course, if you'd like to be on your way and see the sights of Dunwich, don't let me stop you. Feel free to stop by any time. I heartily recommend the museum, and Amelia Cressy is one of the few people in town who still talks to me. She's the head curator. They're all volunteers, you know. None of them get paid. You might also be interested in the ruins of the Greyfriars Abbey just up the road from here. It's blocked to vehicles, but you could go in on foot. And when it's lunchtime, you might want to eat at the Flora Café. The fish and chips are quite good there. There's also St. James's Church at the end of the street with that name, the only church left that is not currently underwater."
OOC,[b]Brook[/b], you may roll Occult.
Valerie Soames,[b]Valerie[/b], you do not have a portable phone (they exist, but they're not standard issue in 1985) or an R/T unit. Nobody requested them when equipment was issued. You could still contact UNIT via a landline.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

(Could someone roll for me? Occult is 25 %.)
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Sure," says Elizabeth to Story. She walks over to the study door and nips her head through. "Brook, we are going to head over to the museum. Do you want to come with us?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius' hair stood up on the back of his neck. He turned around to see Story looking at him... which the Roman thought was odd. Since when did they look to Lucius for direction. He stepped away from the window, satisfied they were leaving soon, and said to Valerie, "It's not a bad day for a walk, but we walked here. So perhaps a ride back would be nice. Thank you very much for the offer."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"OK, sure," Brook replies and steps out of the study, still holding the cat. She places MIdnight on the floor, and pets him/her a few times. "I'm coming."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Excellent choice Lucius." Turning back to Valerie he smiles and says, "Whenever you're ready." Story looks at Virgil, "It was a pleasure meeting you. Perhaps we shall converse yet again before our time in Dunwich is over."
Mr. Handy,I saw Thorn needed Brook's Occult rolled so I did it for her. If that's a line you don't want other PC's crossing just let me know. Otherwise, here's the results: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3959862/]Occult - 25% (1d100=22)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, thank you for sharing the stories of Dunwich's past with us," says Elizabeth to Virgil. "They were fascinating."
Mskatonic
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Mskatonic »

"Well I am more than happy to give you a lift to town, however I suppose I should warn you about my driving.." Valerie chuckles. "Though I suppose you'd be safer in the car than out of it!" Valerie jokes cheerfully. "It might be a squeeze but you all should be able to fit in the back of the ole banger."

Valerie turns to Virgil. "I will let you know if I hear anything from young Val. It was good meeting you and a shame you couldn't have met my dear Philip, I'm sure you two would have gotten along.."

Return to “Episode 1”