IC-Ep 1-Accident and Emergency(Chad/Leonek/Ray/Tobias/Salem)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Accident and Emergency(Chad/Leonek/Ray/Tobias/Sa

Post by Mr. Handy »

Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] had no problem spotting the public phone booth. The familiar red box stood about halfway to the end of the road, on the left side. The Rose Cottage was also on that side of the street, not far past it. In addition, he noticed cars parked on the right side of the road and some people out and about. Most of them were going up and down the street, but there were four people waiting outside a building not far from the eastern end of the road with a sign that said "Dunwich Museum." There was a man who looked to be in his forties, a younger man, a young woman, and a teenage girl.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond is too focused on their next move to notice anything.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias sits and dozes during the ride. He doesn't see anything.
ooc,Using a strange computer (a PC); rolled 76 on Invisible castle. Can't link the roll here - don't know the shortcuts!
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad keeps an eye on the landscape, but doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek is somewhere between being too focused on the road and seeing the corpse of the signalman before his mind's eye to notice anything else.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone has rolled, and you have all the information you'll get from it if you succeeded. What you do next is up to you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek stopped the car and looked at the others expectantly.
"Where do we go first? Do you want to find that doctor, sir?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond thinks for a minute, "I need to check in with base since we arrived, I'm sure they will want to know what happened from my own mouth. So the phone near the doctor's cottage is as good a starting spot as any. On top of any further examination you all might need, if Valerie was hurt perhaps she went to the good doctor and he might know something about her whereabouts."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek nods eagerly and parks the Land Rover. He makes sure his gun is still concealed on his person and gets out of the car, looking at the others for guidance.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Raymond steps out of the Land Rover and adjusts his jacket. He checks his pockets to ensure his tools and other miscellaneous small objects are there and gathers up some change before heading over to the payphone to call base.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Raymond had to insert a bunch of coins to pay for the trunk call, but he managed to get through to UNIT HQ. The woman who answered transferred him to the Brigadier's office.

"Crichton here," he replied.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

Ray sighed briefly as he waited for the line to pick up. "Yes, Brigadier. It's Raymond MacIntyre. I hope the Major got you on the line earlier. We've made it into Dunwich sir, but it was a mess to say the least. There was an accident with the helicopter, Engraham did what he could, but the chopper is totaled and the signalman who was to meet us there... well he didn't make it."

Raymond cleared his throat and carried on, "After some quick field dressing, those of us that were injured got examined at a nearby hospital, which directed us to a doctor in Dunwich. Carrying on with the mission, we will make a stop at the doctor first - apparently the only one in Dunwich - if Valerie was hurt maybe she ended up there. Maddox and my tools and lab equipment were trashed. We may not need it, but if replacements could be sent to The Ship Inn that will be great, some of us will probably get accommodation there. Otherwise, nothing else to report, sir."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Leonek stood by, looking around as Ray made the phone call.
He perked up as he heard the Inn mentioned and looked at the others and back to Ray.

"I'll go to the Ship Inn and get us some rooms. I'll see what I can do to establish a base of operations while the rest of you find that doctor."

Walking back to the Land Rover, he waited for the others to get out before looking for the Ship Inn and some spare rooms.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, the major did ring us up," replied Brigadier Crichton to Raymond. "He told us about the mishap with your bird. It will take some time to arrange another, and to get replacements for your equipment, but we're on it. We'll have it shipped to you at the Ship Inn. I expect it will arrive tomorrow morning. Make sure someone from your team checks in with me once a day and keeps me posted as to any developments. Good luck, MacIntyre. Is there anything else?"
Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] saw the people gathered outside the museum talking to each other, and they seemed to notice the Land Rover. Then they turned around and walked back east, away from his current position. They passed the Ship Inn, which was at the end of the street, and rounded the corner to the right. The inn blocked his view of them at that point.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

OOC,Am I able to do a Psychology Roll on the group of people?
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias walked down to the phone box with Raymond. As all his equipment was trashed he was hoping HQ could send some basic replacements: a handgun, ammunition and a camera, and asked Raymond if they could be put on the list.
OOC,Sorry, been a bit slow with Christmas posting; can I say the above in retrospect?
While Raymond is on the phone, Tobias leans against a stone wall and nonchalantly watches the world go past. He is actually looking to see if anyone takes particular notice of them and for curtain-twitchers in the nearby cottages.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias did not notice anything unusual about the people or the buildings around him.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], yes, you may roll Psychology, but there's a limit to what you can glean from it considering the distance between you and the short amount of time you had to observe them. [b]Tobias[/b], yes, that's no problem.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Nothing else, sir. We'll check in every day. With a little bit of luck we won't be too long." Raymond makes sure the Brigadier has a list of the necessary equipment before hanging up and exiting the phone booth. "Right, that's taken care of. One of us needs to check in everyday to give an update. I have him a list of needed equipment, he said it should be arriving at the Ship Inn tomorrow-ish."

Noticing that Leonek was going to head to get the rooms, "One of you guys want to go with him? I'd like us to do everything we can in twos or threes so we don't have anyone else disappearing like Valerie." Ray leaned back onto the Land Rover for a minute, "We should talk to this doctor too, he might know if Valerie was around or if she was hurt. I can go in for a little check up, since I didn't get myself looked checked out at the hospital."

Raymond looks at the other expectantly, in the lab or the workshop things just worked when you pressed the right buttons and tweaked the right wires, but people were a little different and subject to far more variables, so he had to wait to see if the others were in agreement.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Insisting his injury isn't bad, Chad speaks up. "I'll go with Leonek to the inn. Let us know what happens with the doctor?"
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Salem noted to himself of the skeptical looking family but didn't take it into much consideration. "Hey Ray, I'll tag along with ya to the doctor," as Salem slowly places his hand at the sore pain radiating in his back.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.

Return to “Episode 1”