IC-Ep 1-Welcome to Dunwich(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Welcome to Dunwich(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by jaysun81 »

Story walks over to the petite young woman with big brown eyes and black hair. "Hello." Points around the place. "I quite like the nautical theme you have here." Smiles. "Say, me and my compatriots are historians of sorts and we're just wondering if you had a moment to peel back a layer on this town for us? I realize we could go ask at the museum but the Inn...that's where you hear the real stories." Leans in closer and lowers his voice. "The stories that keep people awake at night afraid to unlock their doors to peek outside." Steps back and smiles again before motioning for his friends to gather around.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good morning, sir," said the woman. "The museum is your best bet to hear about Dunwich's history. It's not quite open yet, but it will be at half eleven. I don't really know much about the town's past, sorry."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Oh we're going to go to the museum," says Elizabeth, stepping forward beside Story. "I'm looking forward to it. But are any of the other locals expert on the history here? Even the recent history in the last century or so? Maybe a regular of the inn here?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We don't really have locals staying at the inn," she replied. "The people who live here have their own cottages. The inn is for tourists, and for visiting historians like yourselves. Let's see...there is Dr. Strong. He's about sixty years old and has lived in Dunwich all his life. He's pretty knowledgeable, but I don't know how much he knows about the more distant past. That's probably what you're interested in. Most people are. He lives in the Rose Cottage, further down the street. It's a ways past the museum, but it's on the right. There's also the writer, Virgil Soames, but I'd stay away from him. He's a bit creepy and has a bad reputation. Nobody in Dunwich has anything to do with him. You can sometimes find old sailors and fishermen down the beach, and they usually have a tale or two to tell, though how much truth is in them is anyone's guess."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looking around the Inn before turning his attention back to the lady. After hearing her mention the writer Story asks a question. "Hmmm...this writer, Virgil Soames, why do you suggest we stay away from him? What exactly is his reputation? If you don't mind me asking."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, it's his family, really," said the lady behind the counter. "They're criminals, or so I've heard. Happened before my time, though, and I don't really know anything about it."
OOC,Everyone, please roll Psychology (or Insight for [b]Lucius[/b]).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3810724/]Rolling Psychology (stat 41%) after lady in inn tells criminal story re Virgil Soames's family (1d100=57)[/url]
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook listens with interest at the mention of the creepy writer, a topic that relates perfectly with her goth soul. "What kind of books does he write?"
(Please roll Psychology for me)
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3810861/]Psychology - 90% (1d100=80)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brook alertly observed the woman now that her interest was piqued. Lucius wasn't paying much attention.

"History books, mostly," the receptionist replied. "Stuff about Dunwich's past. Weird stuff from what I hear."
Story/Brook Davies,[b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b] both felt that the woman believed what she said when she spoke of [b]Virgil Soames[/b] and his family, and they could sense her distaste of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook smiles. "Weird stuff. Our motto."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius stood there, hands clasped together behind his back as he allowed the others to talk. He took an opportunity to look around the Inn while they were keeping the girl at the front desk preoccupied, looking for other people who might be sticking around, or anything that might seem out of the ordinary. He made a mental note to check up on this Virgil Soames. With their recent rash of strange occurences, seemed like Virgil was bound to be their next stop.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There was nobody in the lobby but for the five of them. There were pictures on the walls of boats and seaside scenes. The boats were very different from the ones with which Lucius was familiar, sleeker and sometimes made of something other than wood. Some of them didn't even have sails or oars. The pictures looked very lifelike, and he still wasn't sure how the devices that captured such images worked, but they were clearer and more realistic than any painting. There was also a ship's wheel mounted on one wall, as well as various types of fish mounted on plaques. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary here, but he hadn't seen the rest of the inn yet. If he wanted to, he'd need to go through one of the interior doors or up the stairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Upon hearing about the creepy Virgil Soames, Story looks at his companions and smiles before returning his attention to the lady. "An author from a potentially criminal family, he writes weird stuff about the towns past...sounds like an interesting fella, where can we find him?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, you wouldn't want to talk to him," said the receptionist, frowning.
OOC,[b]Story[/b] (or anyone else), please feel free to roll Persuade or Fast Talk to get her to give you his address.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3819027/]Trying Persuade roll (stat 35%) to get Virgil Soames's address from lady in inn (1d100=49)[/url]
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

(Fast talk 30 %, Persuade 35 %, could someone roll for me, please?)

"Aww, come on. A morbid writer sounds much more interesting than a dusty old museum," Brook pleads.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Upon hearing the pleas from his companions Story leans in close to the receptionist and says, "Perhaps not but the truth is in every story there's a hint of truth. Perhaps his unique background will provide some information that we would miss out on otherwise." Smiles "My dear, you have nothing to fear. We will not tell him who provided us the address. I can promise you that."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3821158/]Persuade - 85% (1d100=16)[/url]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Brook's plea fell on deaf ears, but Story got through to her. "Oh, I'm not worried about that," she said. "I was just warning you for your own good. Don't trust Soames or anything he tells you. If you really must visit him, he lives in the Priory Cottage. If you leave the inn and go to the intersection to the right and then turn right on Monastery Hill, you'll come to it soon enough. The ruins of Greyfriars will be on your left, and the Priory Cottage is across the street from them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Nods at the receptionist. "Thank you my dear. We will be sure to guard our hearts from any deception Mr. Soames tries to wrap us up in." Looks at his companions. "Perhaps we should let the lovely lady get back to her work? So shall we go to the museum first or pay Mr. Soames visit?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge

Return to “Episode 1”