IC-Ep 1-Welcome to Dunwich(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-Ep 1-Welcome to Dunwich(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Maybe the museum first," suggests Elizabeth, "if only to get our heads clear about Dunwich history generally. Then we could visit Mr Soames. How does that sound?"
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"Ok...museum first. I guess I have enough for admission fees..." Brook replies.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Smiles at his female associates. "That's the spirit. To the museum we go." Turns back to the receptionist. "It was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for your time, we truly appreciate it." As the group prepares to leave Story looks at Lucius and says. "I seem to remember our first museum experience to be quite interesting, wouldn't you say? Let's just hope that this time around what dwells beneath the soil stays there."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius nodded, looking away from the very interesting pictures of boats that he had no familiarity with... and suddenly he had a hankering to go on a boat some time. So many advances since his time. He had considered investigating the rest of this place, but he didn't want to get the rest of them in trouble because of his snooping so he just remained silent until they were ready to leave.

As the stepped outside, Lucius said "Something about that woman doesn't sit right with me. Why would she care if we... a bunch of strangers... would want to talk to some eccentric man on the outskirts of town? Maybe one of us should remain behind for a few minutes and keep a tab on her actions."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, you're quite welcome, sir," said the woman. "You'll enjoy the museum." As Story and his companions stepped outside, she picked up the telephone on the counter and started to dial.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"I would think she was concerned precisely because we're a group of stranger wishing to talk to an eccentric man with possible criminal connections. If anything it would seem to me our stranger status would produce enough of a reason for her to be hesitant." Smiles at Lucius. "However, my friend, if it would put your mind at ease by all means linger for a bit. Would you like someone to stay behind with you?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius shrugged and said, "I should be fine on my own. I'll catch up with you shortly."

Lucius moved close to a window nearest where the woman keeper was located and strained to hear her conversation on the phone. He tried to do so without looking too suspicious... kneeling down to tie his shoe.
Listen check (if applicable) -success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3828688/]Listen(50%)[/url] Sorry... screwed the hyperlink up. Result was 12
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Curious Lucius wondered that," muses Elizabeth quietly to the others as the group heads off. "She didn't strike me as suspicious, but then maybe there was something going on. We'll see what happens. Meanwhile: the Museum! This is what I really want to see. I've wanted to see Dunwich for years." She grins, and claps her hands excitedly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius remained behind while the others walked down the street towards the museum. He was easily able to make out the innkeeper's voice from outside the window. He didn't understand how these "telephone" devices worked, but he had gathered from his time in 1930 that they were used to talk to people over long distances.
Lucius Verres,"Four strangers just came in here asking questions about [b]Soames[/b]," the woman said. "They're historians, they said. There's a middle-aged man, a young man and woman, and a teenage girl. Could be nothing, but you might want to send someone to keep an eye on his place. You've got time; they're going to the museum first before they visit [b]Soames[/b]." She paused for a few seconds. "Will do, [b]Mr. Lake[/b]. Goodbye."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

"I never even heard of it till now," Brook says. "But I guess I will hear plenty now."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at his associates and continues to walk towards the museum.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Well the museum should fill us in on the general history," says Elizabeth to Brook. "But just being here, and that first glimpse out to sea and realising what we were looking at, is quite exciting for me. I first read about this place years ago. I never thought I'd see it for myself."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story, Elizabeth, and Brook walked a few doors down St. James's Street while Lucius remained outside the inn. The three of them soon reached the front door of the Dunwich Museum. A sign said that the hours were 11:30-16:30. The door was locked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Lucius was glad he stuck around. With the conversation over, he moved double-time to try to catch up with the others.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story tries the door knob. "Locked." He halfheartedly knocks on the door. "Hmmm...wonder why that lady didn't tell us they would be closed today." Walks over to the nearest window and attempts to look inside; hopefully getting a glimpse of the history stored within.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Perhaps we're just too early," suggests Elizabeth. "The sign does say it opens at 11.30am, and though I've no good idea of what the time is the lady at the inn did say good morning. Maybe it's still before 11.30? We could always wait here for a little bit, just in case."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lucius passed a couple more of those self-propelled chariots. They still gave him the willies, but he remembered that they were not powered by magic, but by - what had Story called it? An infernal combustion engine? That sounded about right. He quickly caught up with the others.

Story peered in through the window. Thankfully, the curtains were open. He could see the museum's entry hall on the other side with a few exhibits about Dunwich's early history as a Roman fort. A woman with gray hair in a long black dress was puttering around inside, checking the exhibits and apparently making sure everything was ready.
OOC,The woman at the inn did say the museum wasn't quite open yet. I also mistakenly had her say it opens at 11:00, but I've edited that now. [b]Zeke[/b] also mentioned that the museum would open in about an hour (from the time you spoke to him, which was about fifteen minutes ago).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Yes...we're only early. I see the employed historian moving about inside."Turns back towards his companions and smiles. "So...I suppose we wait." Story sits down on the sidewalk if there is no nearby bench.
OOC,Sorry about that Mr. Handy...I forgot you did tell us that. :)
Last edited by jaysun81 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth nods in agreement, and looks for somewhere to sit fairly comfortably on, or to lean against if that fails.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 1”