IC-Ep 1-Missing in Action(UNIT team)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

jimacol
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Missing in Action(UNIT team)

Post by jimacol »

Elliot is keen to get far from the wreckage, so addressing Valerie says "Right Mrs S, I mean 'Auntie', we'd better get a move on. I assume you'll be driving this old banger?" He proceeds towards the old car, and glancing back at his ruined gear he mutters "And I suppose I'd better improvise from now on"
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

Immediately after the Major's response, without any hesitation Salem quickly grabbed his Medical Kit and quickly rushes up to his team. Looking at Chad's wounds were somewhat complicated due to unusual gashes and contusions found, but with luck managed to patch up Chad's wounds. The contusions and abrasions found on Novak were only minor. Raymond's minor chest trauma was treated easily with some simple bandaging. Glancing over at Elliot, Salem noticed his clever use of the antiseptic gauzes dressed over his wounds, Salem brushes Elliot up with some bandages.

Last but not least, Salem's last concern was his own safety over his team. Salem picks up a shattered mirror off the ground to inspect the wound on his lower back. Given a new perspective, he wraps his wounds up and takes a painkiller for his back pain.

As Salem finishes dressing the wounds of his team, he turns his attention to the major and barks, "Sir! I would like to make a priority one request back to HQ regarding our damaged equipment. Would it be possible to transport my team's equipment back to this airfield in the next forty-eight hours? Sir!", Unsure of the likelihood of getting everybody's equipment back, Salem's sweat begins to drip down the back of his neck as he rarely uses his rank to acquire any sort of perks that comes as being a Captain. Salem anxiously awaits the Major's reply.
OOC,May I make a Credit Roll to see if I could make the request? As well, I noticed [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=135498#p135498]Elliot has been healed by 3hp[/url], however, I can't seem to find where he got that 3hp other then this. [quote="jimacol"] [...]he borrows some bandages and painkillers from [b]Salem[/b], and [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3760724/]successfully treats his own wounds[/url], albeit rather [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3760725/]amateurishly[/url]. [color=#800000]"Was that bloke the best bloody pilot UNIT could spare?"[/color] he mutters not-so-quietly.[/quote] Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad waits as Salem patiently undoes his bandages and reaffixes them with ease. "Thank you, sir." He checks his weapon one more time and heads towards their transport. His job was done for now, but he wanted to be ready for whatever lie ahead.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
markh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by markh »

Valerie looks at the old car and smiles "Happy to drive, Elliot dear. Glad you trust me on these twisty country roads..."

She faces the rest of the group. "Right, do any of you plan to be a walker who's caught a lift with us, or some such? When we get to Dunwich we'll be able to meet up as if we're separate groups who happen to be staying in the same place. Also, I'd suggest a few simple recognition codes. We choose a few ordinary words that, if we drop into conversation, mean to do something. So mentioning pineapple means to casually follow me to somewhere private to talk, and mango means that there's a serious problem and to rendezvous back at this base."
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman

Post by MadJaymilton »

"Thank you," Leonek quietly says to Salem, once he's been patched up. With the adrenaline wearing off, the enormity of what just occurred is catching up to him, and it has cast a pall over the man. He steps over to the Land Rover and settles into the driver's seat, ready to lose himself in that.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Tobias climbs silently into the Land Rover seat behind Leonek and then tries to hide a gasp of pain as the sitting position creases his injured side. He wonders how he'll explain the injury once he gets to the local hospital, a hit and run maybe. He looks through the window at the twisted helicopter and waits.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chad and Leonek felt much better after Salem's treatment. Salem himself was doing a good deal better too, though he wasn't quite 100 percent.

"I'll call in your request to UNIT and do what I can, Captain," the major told Salem. "It should be possible to get replacement equipment shipped here in a couple of days. I'll just need a list of what was lost and damaged in the crash." He gave Salem directions to the hospital in Halesworth, to the south of the disused RAF base. "I haven't been briefed on the nature of your mission, but I gather it's important considering it was cobbled together on such short notice. You'll probably want to get moving on it ASAP. You have two vehicles, so one group can proceed with the mission while the other goes to hospital and catches up later. Is there anything else you need?"
OOC,[b]Elliot[/b] and [b]Raymond[/b] have already had their wounds treated, so they get no further benefit from [b]Salem[/b]. [b]Elliot[/b] scored a critical success, so I ruled that he recovered the maximum of 3 HP instead of the 1 he rolled. There is no need for a Credit Rating roll. The major will pass on the request to UNIT, and it will be up to [i]his[/i] Credit Rating (which is a good deal better than yours) and logistical considerations.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad continues the wait to embark in the vehicle. Absently, his hand goes to the bandages to see just how bad the injury actually feels.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

"The gear should be all Major, but I have a feeling it won't do much good coming so late. Thank you for your assistance." Raymond turned to the group, "Anyone who sustained an injury that would conflict with your ability to do the job, I suggest you go to the hospital. Otherwise, we'll have to keep moving on, remember this is a time-sensitive mission."

With his piece said Raymond gets into the passenger's seat of the humvee and awaits the (brief) self-assessment from the group.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"I could do with getting to that hospital asap. I'm not sure how long these bandages are going to hold up. I need stitches and strapping, and morphine for my head. As far as I'm concerned we should have gone already." Tobias says grumpily. It is obvious he's in a foul mood.
jimacol
Layman
Layman

Post by jimacol »

"Right Mrs S, there don't seem to be any brave volunteers to share with us, so let's get this banger on the road" says Elliot "Next stop Dunwich. We can work on those code words of yours on the way"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll do what I can," said the major when he had gotten the list of items needing replacement. "Good luck, all of you." He gave them directions to the Patrick Stead Hospital in Halesworth.

Leonek drove the Land Rover south, with Chad, Raymond, Tobias, and Salem along for the ride. Valerie and Elliot went in the Model T. They started out heading south, but soon they had to turn east.
OOC,[b]Chad[/b], [b]Leonek[/b], [b]Raymond[/b], [b]Tobias[/b], and [b]Salem[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Accident and Emergency
OOC,[b]Valerie[/b] and [b]Elliot[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Infiltration
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Episode 1”