IC-Ep 1-Missing in Action(UNIT team)

New UNIT Scientific Advisor Dr. Valerie Kirby has mysteriously disappeared during routine inquiries in Dunwich, and a team from UNIT has been hastily assembled to go to Dunwich in order to find her and bring her back. Meanwhile, Story and his companions materialize in Dunwich and begin to explore.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

markh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Missing in Action(UNIT team)

Post by markh »

Spot,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3761247/]2%[/url]
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Thank you, a good patch job." Tobias leans on Salem as he gets to his feet. "Those pills seem to have done the trick Ma'am." He says to Valerie. He looks at the twisted wreck of the Helicoper. He still seems in shock, "I must get my briefcase before we go." He hobbles slowly over to Raymond at the landrover."Sir, have you seen my briefcase?"
Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3761370/]1d100=100[/url] (not another one!)
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

"No need for formalities in the field Tobias, you got a few years on me. Just call me Ray, no one is around to complain about chain of command or bosses." Raymond gives Tobias a light pat on the back, relieved to see the man mobile.

"Bad news about your case though, seems it was trashed. You might be able to salvage some of the basics out of it, but it looks like we won't be doing indepth analyses while we are here."
OOC,Dang a failure that bad your eyes must have come out in that crash.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by SSior.27 »

As Chad goes over to the fallen signalman to pay his respects to this man he had never met, literally mowed down before them, he notices something.
Seeing Eihort - 1d6/1d20 Sanity Loss
Seeing Cthulhu - 1d10/1d100 Sanity Loss
Seeing 'Twilight' - Automatic Permanent Insanity
jimacol
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by jimacol »

Spot hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3762161/]1d100=100[/url] (and another!)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tobias and Elliot both found that their vision was a bit blurry after the crash, but hopefully that was only temporary. Raymond thought he noticed something out of the corner of his eye, but he couldn't be sure.
OOC,[b]Valerie[/b] is getting an impressive amount of 2s! The rest of you are getting an equally impressive amount of 100s! :o
Chad Engraham,[b]Chad[/b] noticed a jeep in the distance, approaching from the direction of the control tower. It had UNIT markings, and it was being driven by a young woman in uniform. Beside her was a man in an officer's uniform.
Valerie Soames,[b]Valerie[/b] noticed a jeep in the distance, approaching from the direction of the control tower. It had UNIT markings, and it was being driven by a young woman in a corporal's uniform. She was pretty, with shoulder-length black hair. Beside her was a man in an officer's uniform, and her sharp eyesight picked out major's insignia on his collar. He looked to be in his mid-thirties, with curly brown hair. He also looked decidedly unhappy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
markh
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by markh »

Valerie hurries over to Salem. "Captain Shields, there is a very upset RAF Major coming our way. If you can extract us from this without fuss, then so much the better. If he is intent on delaying you, I suggest you represent at least Elliot and I as unconnected civilian employees in an attempt to let us carry on. I guess we'll be taking the old car anyway."

Making her way over to Elliot, she spoke in a low voice "Elliot, there could be some inter-service drama coming up. If it looks like we're going to get held up with red tape, you and I should try to slope off."
OOC,I'm not sure who else looks sufficiently un-military to benefit from this pretence, if needed.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Sir, Ray." There is a glimmer of a smile, "Gawd, I feel rough; splitting headache around the eyes. Shields did a good job but I need to get to a hospital to get this stitched up properly before I can move much. I need that case though, give me a minute to see what I can recover?"
OOC,What, if anything remains of Tobias' kit? He's only really concerned about the briefcase, not the clothes or tools.
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"This is going well so far", as Salem lets out a long breath, trying to collect himself together. Taking off his gloves, Salem rubs his eyes as to wonder why they would send a high ranking officer instead of a search and rescue.

"Ain't no rest for the wicked", as Salem mutters under his breath.
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman

Post by MadJaymilton »

Leonek rubs his head, fingers coming away slick with blood. He must have gotten a small cut in the crash. It doesn't seem mild enough to worry about, however; he wipes his fingers on a shirt sleeve and continues looking to see if there's anything that can be retrieved from the wreckage.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias hobbles over to the wreckage. "Hey Leonek, how're you feeling? Any chance you can retrieve my briefcase from the back of the wreck? It's plain dark grey. I don't reckon I can climb without reopening my wound."
MadJaymilton
Layman
Layman

Post by MadJaymilton »

The Pole makes a 'stay' motion with his hands. "You relax, Mr. Maddox. I will look for your things." He casts a doubtful look into the helicopter's crushed rear, then crouches down to carefully check the wreckage for a dark grey briefcase--or anything else salvageable.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Leonek poked around inside the ruined helicopter. After some digging around, he could barely make out the twisted remains of the dark gray briefcase that had belonged to Tobias. It was crushed beyond all hope of salvage, as were his and Raymond's tools. However, Salem's portable pathology lab and forensics kit were intact, and he still had his medical kit, which he had been using.

Soon everyone could see the UNIT jeep as it approached the crash site. A pretty young corporal with shoulder length black hair was driving it, and a major in his thirties with curly brown hair sat beside her. Both of them wore UNIT uniforms and berets. The corporal blanched when she saw the decapitated signalman. The major climbed out of the jeep and walked up to the team. "What the devil happened?" he asked, clearly upset.
OOC,Everyone has dressed in civilian clothes for this mission. The major and corporal are wearing UNIT uniforms, not RAF. I've already adjusted the inventory lists on your character sheets and deleted everything that was destroyed in the crash. The clothes you are all wearing and the weapons you carry on your person are intact, but if you failed the Luck roll, you've lost anything that you had packed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DetectiveSocks
Adept
Adept

Post by DetectiveSocks »

"Sir, not quite sure what just happened, but upon landing our helicopter seem to tumbled on it's side." Salem looks over his shoulder at his wounded team, "there has been a casualty and we're in need of medical attention".
The other children cheered him on. His name voiced in a steadily rising pace, urging him to do it. “Am I really doing this?”, the young boy thought and struck his victim with a rock.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm afraid we don't have anyone here who's suited to the task," said the major. "Aside from myself, only the corporal and poor Jenkins there came to guide you in. RAF Halesworth hasn't been used since the war and isn't staffed. We weren't expecting any trouble. I was told you were a medical officer, Captain, so you could render more aid than I. There's a hospital in Halesworth just south of this airfield. Do you suspect that the helicopter was sabotaged?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad steps forward at the mention of sabotage. "No, sir. It was user error. I somehow throttled instead of easing off, an honest mistake which cost one man his life and endangered everyone else's lives." He stands as straight as the pain would let him. "I take full responsibility for this mishap and will accept the consequences of it. However, I suggest the others get patched up quickly so they may carry on in their tasks."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Damn," muttered the major. "Yes, you'd all best proceed with your mission as soon as you can. You're part of the mission too, Flight Lieutenant, and you don't look too badly hurt. If the captain here patches you up, you should be all right. It doesn't look like you need to go to hospital."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years

Post by CrackheadC. »

"Right then. Thank you, Major." Ray turned to the group, "Okay, Chad, Leo clean yourselves up and let Salem take a look at those cuts and bruises. There's no need to stand out even more when we get to town. Valerie and Elliot, I assume you will be taking the older car. If there is room for one more in your cover - that would be best. Otherwise we should all get a move on."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Tobias looks at the remains of his gear with disgust. Looking very pale and with thin lips he walks silently over to the land rover and Raymond. There is absolutely no chance of him traveling in the old jalopy. His expression is thunderous.
SSior.27
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by SSior.27 »

Chad nods to the major. "I've suffered worse, but very well, sir." He then steps away to mend his injury, but his heart is not in it and he merely cleans up some blood and covers it.

Return to “Episode 1”