Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 1-Accident and Emergency(Chad/Leonek/Ray/Tobias/Salem)

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Patrick Stead Hospital - Halesworth, England
9:30 AM - Thursday, September 5, 1985

Leonek drove the Land Rover south into Halesworth. Chad, Raymond, Tobias, and Salem also rode in the vehicle. Following the major's directions, he soon found Patrick Stead Hospital and pulled up in front of the entrance to Accident and Emergency.

Re: IC-Ep 1-Accident and Emergency(Chad/Leonek/Ray/Tobias/Sa

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 pm
by aine
Tobias is beginning to look grey and frazzled around the gills as they pull up. He looks disheartened, "A and E? Looks more like a farm to me. What's our cover in case someone asks? And where are we to meet once we've all been stitched up? Assuming we're let out." He says pessimistically.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:40 pm
by SSior.27
"We'll get in touch with Command, just as the others will be while we're here. They'll be able to set up a rendezvous. As for a cover... Car accident?"

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:31 am
by CrackheadC.
"Car accident works fine. it's not as though you have a propeller blade sticking out of you. We shouldn't be too long. I'll contact command while you all get checked out. We'll get sorted from there." Raymond says as he helps Tobias into the hospital.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 am
by DetectiveSocks
"We'll have to elaborate more on our car accident", as he turns to Chad. "Cause Leonek's Land Rover looks fine to me, so maybe you and Leonek notices Ray, Tobias, and I in a roll over car?" As Salem finishes explaining himself, he looks over at the hospitals and says to himself, "seems more like a homestead or even a hamlet around here".

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:04 pm
by aine
Tobias nods curtly. He certainly feels like roadkill. He leads the group up to the desk and waits impatiently for the receptionist to get off the telephone.

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy
The receptionist looked up as soon as Tobias staggered into the hospital. "Goodness!" she cried. She tapped a button on her intercom. "Dr. Evans to Accident and Emergency, stat!"

A middle-aged man in a white coat rushed into the room from the hospital's interior less than a minute later. His short black hair was just starting to go gray. He hustled over to Tobias. "We'd better treat you right away," he said. "The rest of you can have a seat in the waiting room, and we'll be with you when we get the chance." He helped Tobias towards the door through which he had come. "Your injuries don't appear life-threatening, at least, but we need to make sure there's no internal bleeding. Whatever happened to you?"

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:17 pm
by aine
"Thanks Doc." In his pain, Tobias' American accent comes through. He breathes shallowly as the doctor probes and tuts. "Car accident. Hurt my abdomen and head I think. Can't remember much sorry."

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy
"All right, let's get you to the operating theatre," said the doctor, assisting Tobias through the swinging doors while the others remained in the waiting room. They went through another pair of swinging doors into the OR, where Dr. Evans helped him onto a table and got to work. "It looks like someone has already done a good patch job, but you were right to come here. We'll have to check to make sure you don't have a concussion."

Dr. Evans took over an hour, but in the end there wasn't much more he could do. "Whoever gave you first aid after the crash did a better job than I ever could," he said. "You look okay enough to discharge, and I don't think there's any danger of a concussion, but if anything feels wrong or if you get dizzy you should see a doctor immediately. It'll probably be close to a month before you're 100 percent again, but you should make a full recovery."

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:08 am
by CrackheadC.
Raymond waits patiently why the others get checked out - there were no gunshot wounds or anything that suggested something other than an accident so he was not particularly worried about raising suspicion. When Tobias and the others are finished being checked out he walks up to greet them, "Everything still in working order Tobias? As long as you're ready, let's pay and get back on the road."

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 am
by Mr. Handy
"Pay?' said Dr. Evans, a puzzled expression on his face. "Accident and Emergency is free under the NHS, even if you're a foreign national."

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:21 am
by DetectiveSocks
"Thank you Doctor", as Salem gives a warm smile to the Doctor, "have you heard anything about Dunwich before?"

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:46 am
by CrackheadC.
"Right, right. The NHS. I always forget about that - I get sick so rarely myself. Well, we should be off, I think we can find a rental or a handyman and get the car fixed up." Raymond says.

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 am
by Mr. Handy
"You're quite welcome," said Dr. Evans. "Some of the rest of you look a little worse for wear, and you really should get checked out. So you're bound for Dunwich? I've been there before, but not for a long time. They do get a lot of tourists. Not much of the town left, just a couple hundred people. If you truly must be on your way, there is a doctor who lives in Dunwich, Dr. Richard Strong. He's about sixty years old and has lived there all his life. He's had a private practice there for over thirty years. He lives in the Rose Cottage, on St. James's Street."

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 pm
by SSior.27
Chad looks at the others. "Does anyone else what to be looked at while we're here?" To the doctor, he adds, "Thank you for your time. We'll be sure to check with your colleague for fresh dressings once we get there."

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:06 pm
by aine
"Thanks Doc." Tobias nods to the doctor. "I'm as fixed as I can be apparently so I'm ready to leave whenever." He has a thought, "I'm assuming they have payphones in Dunwich." He says to the world in general.

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 am
by CrackheadC.
OOC,Leonek appears to be in okay shape (judging by the sheet in the characters thread. However Salem still has a few cuts and bruises based on the missing HP. If you wanna get that checked out real quick, otherwise we can get on our way.

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy
"Any time," said the doctor. "There is one payphone in Dunwich, at least. It's right near Dr. Strong's cottage, in fact, on St. James's St. That's the main street in Dunwich. Almost everything is centred around there."
OOC,If nobody else wants to be examined, I'll move things along this weekend.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Everyone left the hospital and got back in the Land Rover. Leonek drove, using his maps to guide him. They took the B1123 until it ended at the A145, where he turned south. Shortly after passing through Blythburgh, the A145 turned into Angel Lane and then Dunwich Road. After a little while, they turned left onto a road that led through the Dunwich Forest. They passed through a crossroads, around some curves, and over a bridge. Before long, at around 10:50 AM, they turned onto St. James's Street, the main road in Dunwich.
OOC,Everyone, please roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:57 am
by DetectiveSocks
Spot Hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3836411/]40%[/url]

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] had no problem spotting the public phone booth. The familiar red box stood about halfway to the end of the road, on the left side. The Rose Cottage was also on that side of the street, not far past it. In addition, he noticed cars parked on the right side of the road and some people out and about. Most of them were going up and down the street, but there were four people waiting outside a building not far from the eastern end of the road with a sign that said "Dunwich Museum." There was a man who looked to be in his forties, a younger man, a young woman, and a teenage girl.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:29 pm
by CrackheadC.
Raymond is too focused on their next move to notice anything.

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:11 pm
by aine
Tobias sits and dozes during the ride. He doesn't see anything.
ooc,Using a strange computer (a PC); rolled 76 on Invisible castle. Can't link the roll here - don't know the shortcuts!

Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:52 pm
by SSior.27
Chad keeps an eye on the landscape, but doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:04 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek is somewhere between being too focused on the road and seeing the corpse of the signalman before his mind's eye to notice anything else.
Spoiler:

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone has rolled, and you have all the information you'll get from it if you succeeded. What you do next is up to you.

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:53 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek stopped the car and looked at the others expectantly.
"Where do we go first? Do you want to find that doctor, sir?"

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 am
by CrackheadC.
Raymond thinks for a minute, "I need to check in with base since we arrived, I'm sure they will want to know what happened from my own mouth. So the phone near the doctor's cottage is as good a starting spot as any. On top of any further examination you all might need, if Valerie was hurt perhaps she went to the good doctor and he might know something about her whereabouts."

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:30 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek nods eagerly and parks the Land Rover. He makes sure his gun is still concealed on his person and gets out of the car, looking at the others for guidance.

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:38 am
by CrackheadC.
Raymond steps out of the Land Rover and adjusts his jacket. He checks his pockets to ensure his tools and other miscellaneous small objects are there and gathers up some change before heading over to the payphone to call base.

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Raymond had to insert a bunch of coins to pay for the trunk call, but he managed to get through to UNIT HQ. The woman who answered transferred him to the Brigadier's office.

"Crichton here," he replied.

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:10 am
by CrackheadC.
Ray sighed briefly as he waited for the line to pick up. "Yes, Brigadier. It's Raymond MacIntyre. I hope the Major got you on the line earlier. We've made it into Dunwich sir, but it was a mess to say the least. There was an accident with the helicopter, Engraham did what he could, but the chopper is totaled and the signalman who was to meet us there... well he didn't make it."

Raymond cleared his throat and carried on, "After some quick field dressing, those of us that were injured got examined at a nearby hospital, which directed us to a doctor in Dunwich. Carrying on with the mission, we will make a stop at the doctor first - apparently the only one in Dunwich - if Valerie was hurt maybe she ended up there. Maddox and my tools and lab equipment were trashed. We may not need it, but if replacements could be sent to The Ship Inn that will be great, some of us will probably get accommodation there. Otherwise, nothing else to report, sir."

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:53 pm
by DrPeterson
Leonek stood by, looking around as Ray made the phone call.
He perked up as he heard the Inn mentioned and looked at the others and back to Ray.

"I'll go to the Ship Inn and get us some rooms. I'll see what I can do to establish a base of operations while the rest of you find that doctor."

Walking back to the Land Rover, he waited for the others to get out before looking for the Ship Inn and some spare rooms.

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, the major did ring us up," replied Brigadier Crichton to Raymond. "He told us about the mishap with your bird. It will take some time to arrange another, and to get replacements for your equipment, but we're on it. We'll have it shipped to you at the Ship Inn. I expect it will arrive tomorrow morning. Make sure someone from your team checks in with me once a day and keeps me posted as to any developments. Good luck, MacIntyre. Is there anything else?"
Salem Shields,[b]Salem[/b] saw the people gathered outside the museum talking to each other, and they seemed to notice the Land Rover. Then they turned around and walked back east, away from his current position. They passed the Ship Inn, which was at the end of the street, and rounded the corner to the right. The inn blocked his view of them at that point.

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:56 am
by DetectiveSocks
OOC,Am I able to do a Psychology Roll on the group of people?

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:45 am
by aine
Tobias walked down to the phone box with Raymond. As all his equipment was trashed he was hoping HQ could send some basic replacements: a handgun, ammunition and a camera, and asked Raymond if they could be put on the list.
OOC,Sorry, been a bit slow with Christmas posting; can I say the above in retrospect?
While Raymond is on the phone, Tobias leans against a stone wall and nonchalantly watches the world go past. He is actually looking to see if anyone takes particular notice of them and for curtain-twitchers in the nearby cottages.

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
Tobias did not notice anything unusual about the people or the buildings around him.
OOC,[b]Salem[/b], yes, you may roll Psychology, but there's a limit to what you can glean from it considering the distance between you and the short amount of time you had to observe them. [b]Tobias[/b], yes, that's no problem.

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:18 am
by CrackheadC.
"Nothing else, sir. We'll check in every day. With a little bit of luck we won't be too long." Raymond makes sure the Brigadier has a list of the necessary equipment before hanging up and exiting the phone booth. "Right, that's taken care of. One of us needs to check in everyday to give an update. I have him a list of needed equipment, he said it should be arriving at the Ship Inn tomorrow-ish."

Noticing that Leonek was going to head to get the rooms, "One of you guys want to go with him? I'd like us to do everything we can in twos or threes so we don't have anyone else disappearing like Valerie." Ray leaned back onto the Land Rover for a minute, "We should talk to this doctor too, he might know if Valerie was around or if she was hurt. I can go in for a little check up, since I didn't get myself looked checked out at the hospital."

Raymond looks at the other expectantly, in the lab or the workshop things just worked when you pressed the right buttons and tweaked the right wires, but people were a little different and subject to far more variables, so he had to wait to see if the others were in agreement.

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:43 am
by SSior.27
Insisting his injury isn't bad, Chad speaks up. "I'll go with Leonek to the inn. Let us know what happens with the doctor?"

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:50 pm
by DetectiveSocks
Salem noted to himself of the skeptical looking family but didn't take it into much consideration. "Hey Ray, I'll tag along with ya to the doctor," as Salem slowly places his hand at the sore pain radiating in his back.

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Salem Shields,The foursome seemed to be as wary of [b]Salem[/b]'s group as he was of them.

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:15 am
by CrackheadC.
OOC,I'll wait and see if Detective needs to respond for those spoiler buttons before moving on to the doctor.

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:27 am
by DrPeterson
Leonek waits for Chad to get back in the Land Rover and drives off to find the Ship Inn.

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:55 pm
by SSior.27
Chad gets in the passenger seat of the Land Rover and nods his readiness to Leonek before turning to the group and nodding quick farewell.

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:10 pm
by aine
"I'll walk to the Ship if that's okay Raymond; I'm starting to stiffen up and I think the walk will help." He waits for the car to drive off and then nips into the phone box.
Mr. Handy,Tobias tries to/puts a call through to RIOT to appraise them of the situation. With the lack of his equipment and his injuries his job is going to be much harder. In such a sleepy backwater as Dunwich there is unlikely to be anything of interest but he'll keep with the program until given further notice.
He makes a call and then sets off down the lane walking in the direction that the LandRover took.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Tobias Maddox,[b]Tobias[/b] left a message with RIOT's answering service, which of course did not identify itself as such. It used the name of a fictitious enterprise as a front so that anyone eavesdropping would not be able to tell what it was.
OOC,[b]Chad[/b], [b]Leonek[/b], and [b]Tobias[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
Checking In
OOC,[b]Raymond[/b] and [b]Salem[/b] are moving to the thread linked below.
What's Up, Doc?