The Strip - Francisco Calderon - SANTANA

A Delta Green case file.
No it´s not related to "go green" or environmental politics.
Cloverdale? Possibly. A closer match, at least.

Working for the government you don´t always know what is what, or who is who. If you´re not even sure IF you work for the government you´re bound to have even more questions.

As a newly baked operator you do what you are told. Until now.

This is where we meet DG Cell-S2

Moderator: Dave Syrinx

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

The Strip - Francisco Calderon - SANTANA

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Where Calderon gets stripped.
Perfect 10
111 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX, USA

8 October 2013
22:17

Having clicked on the correct spot of the model in the picture, Calderon soon got a hook-up at Perfect 10. He parks the car and sits there waiting.
Is this just a scam to squeeze him on the stashed money? Can he trust this Darren Griffith?
The short, third email from DG:

Code: Select all

Meet me at Perfect 10
The time specified was eleven. That makes for enough time for sight seeing and some drinks.
Had this Darren heard of Calderon holding that piece of wood in the trunk?

Anything can happen tonight.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: The Strip - Francisco Calderon - SANTANA

Post by tormsen »

Francisco was concerned. He walked on a thin line, between the DEA and the cartel, and he didn't like surprises from parties unknown. But if this was about the wooden thing, he was interested. He headed into the Perfect 10 and got a table. He waved a gorgeous blonde waitress over to get a menu, she looked at him with an appraising eye. He shook his head slightly. "Maybe a bit later, honey." He didn't need the distraction right now, not until her knew what this Darren Griffith character was peddling. He appreciates the specials on drafts, so he orders a beer and ribeye steak. Might as well eat while he waited, he mused as he savored the local wildlife.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The waitress smiles and says, "Enjoy...", then she walks off to forward the table to the kitchen.
Thirty seconds in the future a St. Arnold arrives. A good forty minutes later, and three bottles later, a large plate of meat and sides arrive, steaming.
As he starts on the plate, to the beat of Jaded as one of the girls try to spin her head off on a pole, an unshaven man in his thirties arrive and pockets a pair of sunglasses. "Any good here?" He nods at the plate.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
tormsen
Keeper
Keeper

Post by tormsen »

Calderon chewed on the last bite of his steak before answering, trying the suss the guy out. "Steak was a bit dry, but prices are very reasonable considering. They must make their money from extras. You having a drink?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Darren Griffiths" He introduces himself with and raises a finger at the waitress mouthing a beer. He sits down and watches Calderon eat. "I´m asking for a friend of a friend, there´s a job up in Bridgeport, Connecticut that needs some backing. It will pay a great deal of good will with our mutual friend. It will not be traceable to him, of course. Here´s the address." He fishes up a folded note from his breast pocket next to the glasses. "As a preparation for this job, we´ve assigned you as second in command of a joint task force called DG-S2. Your call sign is SANTANA and your supervisor in Bridgeport is SARA." He gets out a cell phone and shows a picture.
SARA.jpg
SARA.jpg (18.14 KiB) Viewed 989 times
"This will take the edge off from your other problems for a couple of weeks. See it as a kind of vacation."

The address on the paper says Prospect Street, corner house, Bridgeport, CT.
"She has been there since yesterday, so she will bring you up on the details."
TVblog

tormsen
Keeper
Keeper

Post by tormsen »

"A mutual friend" sounded like the cartel, but this guy smelled like some kind of fed. Probably dirty with some kind of organized crime, and he's sending me to deal with something he wants to keep his hands clean of. And what was the deal with this SARA character? He gives me a possibly nude headshot of some gringa huíla who is meant to be my supervisor? Whatever this is, it's not operating under the standard rulebook. Still, Calderon had to admit his curiosity was piqued, and it might be good to get out of town for a couple of weeks. The heat from both sides was getting a bit too much to handle.

"You certainly have my attention. You wanna tell me what I'm getting myself into before I go halfway across the country?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"There are two rare books that have gone missing. Two of our agents have dropped off the grid and we assume they have the books. An incident on March 4 made us think they are holing up in Greenville, Maine. Ten children were killed on March due to the books and the agents. "
Griffith gives Calderon an address in Bridgeport, CT. "This is the safe house, you´ll be using. SARA arrived there yesterday."
TVblog

tormsen
Keeper
Keeper

Post by tormsen »

"Books? Someone is killing kids over books? Are they cultists? We have troubles with loco Santa Muerte cultists around here as well." He looked at the address. Connecticut was a long way out of his comfort zone, but it would be good to take some time away. No need to worry about the cartel or nosy internal investigations if he was up north.

Good will is all well and good, but is there going to be any remuneration for this little adventure, considering it's off the books. Transport, living costs, and uh..." He casts his gaze pointedly towards the blonde waitress, and then looks back at Griffith, "...quality of life expenses?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"You will receive a salary from the agency, off course. We will put in whatever papers necessary to create an illusion of you doing a job at a freelance basis. What that salary is, is another matter. When you get in contact with SARA up in CT, you will be aware of the first installment of the pay. As a show of good will, we are dealing with any cartel trouble you may have acquired in the past. Thus making sure you will be able to concentrate fully on the books and the two missing agents." He puts a green credit card on the table and leaves it there. "This is a green box asset. It has 6K on it and will cover any normal costs you should have for the trip to Bridgeport." Darren waits for Calderon to take the card.
TVblog

tormsen
Keeper
Keeper

Post by tormsen »

Calderon looks down at the card and pockets it with a quick grin...or a grimace? Hard to say. "You think your boys can deal with the cartel? I respect your confidence. At any rate, I need to get out of Dodge for awhile whether you can patch things up for me or not." He thinks for a moment, "Get me those papers and I'll run them by my superiors, but I should be able to head up there tomorrow."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Calderon is given a folio with a two month transfer details from DEA to Missing People division of Greenville PD, ME. Calderon notices the name SA Santana as his identification. Darren "You are DG-S2, but these papers will show a more tangible work address."
He puts his shades on and walks backwards nodding to Calderon.
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

How will Fransisco spend the time before leaving for Bridgeport the following day?
TVblog

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

The next day, Fransico makes the flight from SAT to New Haven RA, Bridgeoport. Having stocked up on what he knows he´ll be needing on this detour from normal life, he tugs a holdall in blue canvas and mingles with the few who departs from the small craft.
TVblog

Return to “Green Box Blues (Canceled)”