CH1-15 Home Invasion.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-15 Home Invasion.

Post by ghill »

Clay drives the van into the quiete leafy surburban street and parks up at the end of a row of cars. He parks the car carefully with the wheels facing out ready to go. He then jumps out pulling on his new fireproof(?) works jacket over the top of the painters overalls. "Its a bit like a movie isn't it" he says to no one in particular. "I'll put the keys on the floor infront of the drivers seat that way anyone who needs them can get them."

Closer to the house it is possible to see there are 2x Toyota 4x4's parked on the driveway one of which is the battered one which you saw outside the shop. The other clay says was parked on the street while he was watching the house. There are lights on in the house but they are all upstairs. There are no external lights on.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Home Invasion.

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Should we wait until they turn out the lights before we try anything?" asks Liz. "Although, as long as they're on, maybe they'll reveal something." She takes out her camera and uses the zoom function to try to see in through the lighted upstairs windows, adjusting for the light levels.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

We can try to sabotage their car tiers somehow. Maybe a quick cut on the side that is not facing the house.
Jacob suggest
Clay?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

A clearly nervous Clay stares at Jacob. "What? You want me to go out there and slash their tyres? Why don't you? then clearly as an afterthought "... Anyway, I thought the plan was to take look around before we did anything. We slash their tyres, then decide to come back another time and they'll know something is up."

OOC: Clay,Remember Clay is the NPC if its risky you guys should be doing it. Clay will follow you into danger, but he's not leading the way.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

slashing the tires means they will not follow us in case we flee the house.
Jacob replies.
We are already here so why circle the house and drive back home. If we are going on entry by force we better get over with it.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz,Spot Hidden - most of the windows have curtains or blinds but Liz may catch something.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Clay is right," says Liz, peering through the camera. "We need to wait until we're sure we're going to go in tonight before we slash their tyres. Hang about, I think I see something."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

What Liz saw,Through a chink in the curtain Liz can see the well muscled younger man stripped to the waist and doing bicep curls infront of a mirror. Liz can see that his back has several very intricate tattoos on it.
Plans again,[url=http://content.zoopla.co.uk/710f18c8ddb09cbe9aeee0549d23976c56917b89.png]plans[/url]
As the group discusses what to do next the light in the master bedroom goes out.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz makes sure that the flash is turned off and discreetly snaps a picture of the man. "There's that strong younger chap in that window," she says, "flexing his muscles at the mirror. He's shirtless, and there's tattoos all over his back."
OOC,In which window did I see the man?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Oops,that was the wholepoint of me puttting the plans in that post - he's in the front bedroom, rather than the master bedroom. (bottom left)
While Liz is watching the man stops what he is doing and heads for bed - the light goes off.

"While we waite for everyone to go to sleep shall we head around the back and take a gander there" says Clay
OOC:,Everyone can see a security light by the front entrance. Remember the house shares its right hand wall with another identical building (its a mirror image) although this building has been boarded up and looks empty.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, sounds like a good idea," says Liz. "We'll have to mind the motion sensors, of course, and see if we can disable them. If Elira is inside, she's got to be in one of the back bedrooms, and I'd bet on the smaller one. The man I saw was in the front bedroom next to the master bedroom, and I'm pretty sure she's not in the master bedroom either."
OOC,Thanks. I'd thought it was probably that one, but I wanted to make sure.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay and Liz move off through the overgrown garden next door, and around to the rear, from the cover of a rather poorly kept hedge they get a clear view of the back of the house.

I took a look last time and none of the downstairs windows have security locks and you could put the back door in with a good solid boot. We might even be able to jemmy it, which would be quieter.

OOC: looking at the plans with the front of the house at the bottom they move around to the right, which has them moving through the gardens of the empty house next door.
OOC: You other chaps,I want to move us on, so royya and imp feel free to assume you are with Clay and Liz or simply post intentions.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz nods and uses her camera again to zoom in and peer at the upstairs windows, but she can only barely make out what's within.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob follows nervously from behind, holding tightly his jacket and the concealed weapon within it.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz gets the vague impression of a man sitting on a chair or perhaps on the side of a bed, but as she watches the light in the room goes out, plunging the back garden into darkness.

Clay shifts nervously in the cover of the hedge. "What now then?"
OOC: Darkness,This is London so even the back garden isn't actually that dark. However all manipulation and spot skills are at -25% without some kind of light source.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz points up at the window. "There was a man sitting in that room," she whispers. "If Elira's here, she's prolly in the other bedroom. Let's root through their rubbish next and see what we can find."
OOC,In which window did I see the man?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Bedroom,Right rear - the nearest to you.
Clay points over to the bins "they're there just to the left of the back door. Problem is they are nearly directly under another security light" Looking at where Clay is pointing its possible to just make out a black shape above the doorway.
Getting to the bins/Security Light,Will require a [b]Sneak [/b]roll as the intrepid investigator/s slowly moves along the rear of the house to the doorway while trying to stay out of the security lights detector. Its not clear wether there is a safe spot directly below the light.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Is that the right side as seen from the front, or the right side as seen from the rear?

"I'd better not try it," says Liz. "I can be a klutz sometimes. Now, if those security lights are hooked up to some sort of computerised security system, I'm your girl. Maybe they have a wi-fi network in this house, and most people don't bother to secure them, making it very easy to gain entry. Even if it is secured, I may be able to crack it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Sorry, I was unaware we had a new thread until now. Forgive my absense.
Greg looks toward the house, tryiing to determine if there were any other lights on inside. He whispered, "Looks like they're all going to sleep, which would be very fortunate for us. I still like the idea of killing power to the house, and that would eliminate the security lights as well." The doctor started looking at the wires that fed the house and follow them back to a transformer nearby.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

transformer,Sorry Imp but just to be clear are we talking about the grey boxes or drums which typically hang of a large electricity company pole here or something else.
There do not seem to be any power lines visible from the rear of the house.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”