CH1-15 Home Invasion.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH1-15 Home Invasion.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Though the smoke is thick, Liz manages to backtrack her route through it. She ducks low, carrying the little girl and shielding her from the worst of it as she heads for the rear exit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

The ceiling in the hallway is a sheet of flame, just visible through the thick black smoke. motes of burning material float through the air almost dancing on the hot air.

Ducking as low as she can to get at the clearer air Liz can smell her hair singeing as the small motes of burning material dancing in the air touch her hair.

Clearing the kitchen Greg watches Liz as she staggers into the relative safety of the dining room. Closely followed by the other two girls both of who are coughing violently. As Greg moves to follow he watches as the flames in roof above him start to gather in the ceiling above him and then almost like molten wax form a column of fire which reaches down to the floor blocking his escape route through to the dining room and outside.
OOC: Liz,[b]CON[/b] check please from smoke inhalation.
OOC: Greg,[b]SAN[/b] check please
Outside Clay starts to move Jacob to safety.
OOC: Clay/Jacob royya,Where is Clay taking Jacob and how is her getting there. Remember the van is parked a way down the street with the keys hidden inside. Although, this street is now likely to be swarming with police and fire engines.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Sanity Check - Critical Success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3924530/]Sanity (85%) (1d100=1)[/url]
Greg is amazingly composed despite looking death in the face. He lifts his left hand to shade his face against the heat - the hand that still clutches the thin strand of gold chain - and checks around for any windows he might be able to launch himself through to safety.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg looks around for a way out the front door and the stairs are engulfed in fire, the doorway to the dining room blocked by the column of fire the only way is back through to the kitchen and out of the window.

As Greg thinks about his next course of action the column of flame flashes forward and engulfs him.
OOC: Greg,[b]Dodge[/b]
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Ut oh... Dodge fails,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3924798/]Dodge(46%) (1d100=76)[/url]
Greg is caught off-guard from the unnaturally moving flame as he starts to sprint toward the kitchen.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob, act like someone that is not wounded.
Clay says to the Rabbi
We must fool the policemen and the firemen to believe we are not connected to the burning house.

Jacob face twitch with pain
I'll try my best ... oh god ... but I can't walk alone.

The others are own their own, we must reach the car and wait for the doctor, then we'll see what we'll do.
Clay responds
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg is engulfed in flames, he can feel his hair and eyebrows singeing in the heat, but gloved hands provide some protection for his face. The effort of staggering into the kitchen feels overwhelming. Greg feels as though he is burning all over, even though the fire proof Jacket and trousers must be providing some protection even while they crack under the heat.

Outside the little girl struggles from Liz's grasp dropping to the grass* behind her the two girls bend over in a fit of coughing. Looking around her she can see Greg through the kitchen window wreathed in fire.

*Although she does not let go of Liz's hand.
OOC: Greg,Greg has suffered some burns (some HP loss) as well as some MP loss neither of which are particularly debilitating. The "Thing" whatever it is, is clearly intent on continuing its attack. [b]Dodge[/b] roll Pls on top of any actions Greg wants to take.
Clay/Jacob,if Jacob wants to appear natural as he walks out to the car then another [b]CON[/b] roll will be required.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz coughs and splutters, gulping in the fresh air now that she's outside. Seeing Greg in danger, she whips out her small extinguisher in her free hand as she hurries over to the window as fast as the little girl will allow her. She smashes the window with the bottom of the extinguisher if it is not already open and sprays at the flames, but they managed to move aside. "Use your extinguisher!" she calls between coughs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I don't think Greg ever had an extinguisher... did he? Can't remember. I was actually hoping the gold that Greg held in his hand would manage to ward the fire creature off somehow, but I guess that was a pipe dream. Considering the smallish size of this house, how long does it take to get from the kitchen to the open window? Can't believe I'm not already through it.
Dodge - Failed again!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3926139/]Dodge (47%) (1d100=67)[/url] - this kind of sucks.
Greg wastes no time sprinting for the window in hopes of getting himself outside as quickly as possible.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Are we there yet?,I believe Clay secured 4 of the small fire extinguishers, so yes Greg has one in a holster hanging from his belt its point blank pistol skill to use. Under normal circumstances, yeah you would walk across the kitchen in about four steps. However, under normal circumstances the kitchen is not so full of smoke that you cant see beyond the arms reach and more importantly you're not on fire :)
Greg hears the kitchen window shatter and a blast of cooling air wash across his face as he bumps into the kitchen sink and whirls away in a fruitless effort to try and avoid the clinging flames. The heat on his back is increasingly painful a clear sign the protective jacket is failing. Grabbing the sink he starts to pull himself through the window still ablaze.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg is trying his best not to breathe, knowing that fire into the lungs is perhaps the worst thing that could happen to him right now. His main thought is to pull himself outside and start rolling on the ground in hopes of putting out the blaze. He knows, perhaps denyingly, that the fire is clinging to him like white on rice - most unnaturally. But he doesn't know how to fight an unnatural fire monster. He does know how to handle being on fire under normal situations.

In all the excitement, he's forgotten all about his fire extinguisher.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's on your bleeding belt!" says Liz, correcting her aim and this time spraying the living fire. "It works on them, see?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Go on I think you can handle yourself alone.
Clay says to Jacob and goes back to help Greg and Liz

With the bandage holding his wound from bleeding, Jacob tries to limp away and pretend as normal as he can.

CON check (1d100=36) - Pass.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Both Liz and Greg hear the same inhuman scream as Liz sprays Greg's back with the CO[sub]2[/sub] extinguisher while Greg pulls himself out of the window to land in a heap at the foot of the window.

As he stands up the first of two firemen come charging into the back garden pulling a hose with them.

"Step back! Don't try and be a hero its not safe to go in"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz nods, clipping the little extinguisher to her belt. WIthout a word, she takes Greg by one hand and the little girl by the other and backs away towards where she left Clay and Jacob, only too glad to let the professionals take it from here. We did it! she thinks, exhilirated. I actually destroyed two of those fire-things all by myself, and we rescued the girls!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz, Greg and the girls push through the hedge into the next door garden where they meet up with Clay returning to help. After that Clay leads them through several more back gardens until they can get back onto the street and the van.

With everyone back in the van Clay climbs into driving seat. "Where now?"
OOC: All,I have assumed everyone will be happy with this fast forward, but I am happy to retro this turn if anyone has any disagreements.
OOC: Hurts,Greg 4pts (burns) Liz 2pts (smoke inhalation - failed CON roll.) Clay 3pts (burns) Jacob 9pts (GSW to left leg) Clay has received a successful first aid roll so Liz can roll a result for that. The injuries to Greg and Liz can also be dealt with by [b]first aid[/b] rolls however, Jacob's injury requires a [b]Medicine[/b] roll.
The girls,You need to decide what you are going to do with them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"How about that church where we met the priest the other day?" suggests Liz. "He'll speak their language and can shelter them, or will know someone else who can." She coughs again, then tries to treat herself for the smoke inhalation, but the coughing fit prevents her from doing so effectively.
OOC,I already rolled for [b]Clay[/b]'s HP recovery when I did the First Aid roll and got 3, so he's fully healed. We also lost some MPs from the fire vampires, but those will come back over time. A good night's sleep should fix that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Oh… god, I’m so happy to see you … doctor … I thought I was going to die., I think I got shot in the leg, not sure if the bullet is still in there.
Jacob says to Greg as he lay down in the back seat.
I think I can handle the driving back to someone’s place … but it hurts, note sure how much time I can hold. Turn on the heat … I’m cold.
Last edited by royya on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"So which is first girls to the Church, or Jacob back to his place?" says clay from behind the wheel.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg looks at Jacob's leg and says to Clay, "Jacob's. I don't want to clue in anyone else we had anything to do with that fire. There are going to be questions... a lot of them. We clearly can't take Jacob to the hospital. Bullet wounds are reported at once. I'll have to treat him there at his house."

He asked Jacob, "You've lost a good deal of blood, and are slipping into shock. Try to remain calm and awake. Do you know what blood type you have?"

He says to Liz, "Can you prop his other leg up? And a blanket... do we have a blanket?"

He checked to see if the leg was still bleeding and if so he kept pressure on the wound in hopes of clotting it and preventing further blood loss.
Medicine check - success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3931939/]Medicine (65%) (1d100=27)[/url]

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”