CH1-15 Home Invasion.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: CH1-15 Home Invasion.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz nods and assists Greg in treating Jacob. "Do Greek Orthodox priests hear confessions, with the confessional seal and all?" she asks with a sly grin. "If they do, we could safely tell Father Marakis, and he wouldn't be able to tell the police or anyone. He'd also understand why we had to do what we did. If nobody knows, I can look it up on the Internet."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Medicine:,Consider Jacob at ease, no longer in pain, but the effects of the medicine with regards regained HP's not occurring until he's had proper care and bed-rest however the injury wont get any worse at this point.
Confession:,Yes they do but he would have to believe that you are a penitent making a genuine confession with everything it involves, rather than just looking to bind him with a confessional seal.
"Well its gone 12, so what do we do? Go wake up the priest now, or wait until the morning?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

You can also confess before me.
Jacob smiles to Liz with a twitched smile.
Though we don’t need to confess to a priest or a Rabbi since god's sees everything what so ever.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

medicine question,So is it possible to follow up the medicine roll with first aid to recover the hit points quicker? Should I have done first aid first then followed it up with medicine?
Sanity check question,I rolled a critical success on a sanity check. Does that give me a pot of gold or something equally cool? Also, since I made the sanity check, do I just determine that the fire was acting strangely and not necessarily determine it to be some supernatural creature? Or am I quite well aware that there was something living about it?
Greg washes up and then starts to tend his own burn wounds. His mind plays over the incident with clarity as he tries to determine just what was going on with the fire.
First Aid - success!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3933042/]First Aid (60%) (1d100=14)[/url]
Regained hit points = 3,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3933044/]Regained hit points (1d3=3)[/url]
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

First Aid,First aid can only be applied to an individual wound once, Clay had already treated Jacob's wound and stopped him bleeding to death, Greg's medicine roll sets Jacob up for further HP recovery assuming he gets bed rest and proper ongoing treatment.
Sanity check:,Understanding never comes without a cost, in the cold light of day Greg has probably decided the whole thing was a trick of thermo dynamics....it very definitely wasn't alive!!!! No siree bob!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Do you think He'll forgive us?" asks Liz, looking down. "I...I killed a man back there. He was about to shoot us, but we did break into his house and all. Well, I can't think of anywhere else to bring the girls tonight except to Father Marakis. It's not like I can suddenly show up at my mum and dad's place with four little sisters in tow." She pauses as she has another coughing fit. "Sorry, got a lungful of smoke."
OOC,If you want to use First Aid on someone else, [b]Liz[/b] is still down 2 HP and hasn't had it successfully applied yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Its about twenty minutes later when Clay pulls up around the back of St Agatha’s, the Greek Orthodox Church in Hounslow. There is still light coming from the small room where Odetta is staying.

"Thats where the old bird sleeps isn't it?" says Clay relaxing somewhat now the van is hidden from the road.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, that's right," says Liz, nodding once more. "Best if she doesn't even see us, and looks like she's still awake." She coughs again and looks at Greg. "Can you do anything for me, please?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Hurry, do it quickly. I will stay in the car, I don't want to put anymore stress on my leg then is needed, I will rest... and pray for us.
Jacob says to the others.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg checked over Liz and found no immediate injuries that he could attend to. "I'm sorry, but I think in order for you to feel better, you may need some oxygen and bed rest."
First Aid on Liz - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3938324/]First Aid (60%) (1d100=91)[/url]
He shrugged to Liz and put a hand on her shoulder, "I know you feel bad... I do to. Hell, what we did back there goes completely against my oath as a doctor. I'm as conflicted as one can get. But the thing that keeps me bright about it is knowing that we rescued three little girls from their clutches. Lord knows what would have happened to them, probably another burnt offering, sacrifice to whatever pagan god they worship."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Suck it up then Liz" says Clay with a weak smile "OK, the clocks ticking and we should get rid of these girls before the pigs...um I mean the Old Bill, catch on".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wouldn't put it like that," says Liz. "We'll be handing them off to Father Marakis, who will be able to help them, not getting rid of them. And we've rescued four, not three, Doc - even if one of them didn't particularly want to be rescued." She smiles at the girl she carried out of the burning house. "I think this one's grown rather attached to me. It'll be hard for both of us to say goodbye, but we'd better get on with it. I'm ready to go inside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Well we need to make a decision about who does or says what because I think that is father whatsisname Makarana who has just come out to find why there is a van pulled up in his car park after midnight." says Clay

Indeed looking out you can all see the figure of Father Marakis leaving the vicarage armed with a torch and approaching the van.
Father Marakis,unless someone stops him Father Marakis will approach the driver's side of the van and shine the light in seeing everyone in the van.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg says, "Well... maybe we should meet him half way." He gets out of the van and starts to approach Father Marakis. He tries to keep his new bandages as out of sight as possible so as not to alert the father too soon that something was amiss. He knew they would have to tell him something, and indeed... it may already be on the news. But he wanted the explanations to be on their terms. He closes the door to the van behind him.

"Good evening," Greg says in the darkness to the approaching preacher-man. "Father Marakis... we spoke earlier," Greg explains hoping the man would recognize his voice. "We are terribly sorry to bother you so late in the night, but we have a very important task to ask of you."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Father Marakis shines his torch towards Greg careful not to shine it full in his face, but clearly taking the time to give Greg a thorough once over.

"I do indeed remember you, Good evening Greg." Father Marakis looks past Greg and shines the torch towards the van, then loud enough for those in the van to hear "Is that Clay I see in the van? Shall I assume the rest of your friends are here as well?... I was going to head to bed, but if you have things to talk about you better come inside."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz also emerges from the van, reasoning that she has no visible injuries. "Good evening, Father," she says, joining them. "Yeah, I think we have a lot to discuss."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Father Marakis torch flicks over to Liz and then back to Greg, in the torch light both can clearly see just how smoke blackened the other is. "You had better come in,so we can discuss matters in comfort, I have coffee, tea and some very good Ouzo. Go sit, I will bring it in while you tell me your story."
OOC: Jacob,Clay will assist Jacob into the vicarage if he'd like to be present.
OOC: Your story,feel free to gloss over this. Just say what details your telling him and what you are omitting if any.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob will gladly take Clay's help since he want to be present and hurry Greg to hand the girls to the father and attend him. Maybe they can treat him over there, in the church and not risk taking Jacob to the hospital where questions can be asked.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Jacob's injuries,while clearly Jacob would be better off in a hospital, first aid has stabilised his injury, now all he really needs is bed rest and supervision which Greg can do at Jacob's home.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz nods and helps the girls out of the van and into the church.
OOC,Basically, I think we should tell him that we traced the old terrorist we were told about to his house and staked it out. We went through his trash and discovered that they were eating far more than enough food to account for the four people that lived there, which we took as confirmation of our suspicion that they were keeping [b]Elira[/b] there. We tried to get in quietly to find [b]Elira[/b] and get her out, but the noise alerted them and a shootout ensued, during which [b]Jacob[/b] was wounded. The old man retreated to his bedroom, from which he set the house on fire (I won't mention how the fire seemed to be intelligent). [b]Greg[/b] found the secret door to the basement, where we found not just [b]Elira[/b], but the three other girls as well, and I'll mention that the teenage girl seemed to be on the old man's side and is hostile towards [b]Elira[/b]. We got the girls out of the house and brought them here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”