CH1-14 After the nights events... (All)

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-CH1 After the nights events... (All)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"When it gets dark tonight, we can stake out the house," says Liz. "I can scan for any CCTV cameras that are looking at it and, if there are any, pull the same trick I used at the tattooist's. We can also root through their trash and see what turns up, hopefully evidence that there's a girl being kept in the house. Once we know she's there, then we'll have to sneak in and get her out. We'll need another car that can't be traced, of course."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Clay clears his throat Well, I didn't notice any CCTV cameras while I was there and I was very careful scoping out the area befor I snuck into the garden. But there are neighbourhood watch signs everywhere and people were walking dogs pretty much up until last thing.

I can get us another car but I'll need some more cash from somewhere, at least a couple of hundred quid.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Jacob and I are sure to be recognized by the old man ... if he's there. So we need to lay low while the sun is up, that's for sure," Greg says looking to the others. "I'd like to get a fire extinguisher as well, while we have some time. They're sure to try to use fire on us sometime. Might as well be prepared. Maybe some aloe too."

His eyes lit up, "Wait a second... that's a good point. We might as well try to be as non-flammable as possible. Maybe some firemen jackets and the like... what do you think?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, yes, good idea!" says Liz. "I just don't know how we're going to pay for it all."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg says, "I've got a pretty decent credit card limit... I'm just not sure where one would go to shop for firemen jackets."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay warming to the subject thinks for a moment, I reckon we can find some of that sort of stuff at a builders merchants. Dad used to work on the roads and he had a really thick jacket for keeping the hot tar and stuff off him. I'm pretty sure dad just went out and bought one, didn't have to go anywhere special for it. Something like that isn't quite going to be upto the standard of a fireman's uniform, but I bet it would do OK. Probably get some decent little hand held fire extinguishers from a place like that as well. If we're going to go in we should probably thing about how we're going to do that as well.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We should try to remain undetected as long as we can," says Liz. "Wait till the lights are all off and everyone's gone to sleep, then slip in the back and sneak upstairs. Check the smaller bedrooms first and try to find Elira."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Lights might be a problem" says Clay "I think they have those motion sensor type ones, you know the ones which flick on when the cat walks up the path." Clay thinks for a moment "I reckon if we come at the house from next door we might be out of sight of those, and we could snip them maybe?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's a thought," says Liz. "Or, if they're computerised I may be able to hack into and disable them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Say, what about the other houses. The two companies from the Isle of Man bought other houses as well, what are the chances that one of the other houses hold the girl.
Jacob says, clearly he is disturbed from going to this place again.
At least we know that the police found a dead woman in there, meaning the zombie hag is not there.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Just to clarify, we're not going back to the tattoo shop, we're going to the house to which we followed the vehicle from the tattoo shop.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg said, "We got that silencer... I don't know how good a shot you are with it, but perhaps you could take the lights out before we move in? Or, on the other hand, we might be able to cut power from the house completely. We'll have flashlights at the ready, they'll be blinded in darkness - at least until they start to set us on fire. What do you think?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

My silencer is to intimidate and bluff who ever we confront
Jacob says
It will be my first time holding such a weapon ... so, I'm not that good. I've seen these pieces only in nylon bags as evidence in court.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If we cut the power, they'll know something's up," says Liz. "Plus, if we light our torches in the darkness, that'll just tell them where to shoot. I still have the bear spray, too, which won't make as much noise as the shotgun if we're trying to be stealthy."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay looks at Liz "I wasn't suggesting cutting the power to the house, just the security lights they typically have a power cable you can snip you just have to approach from an angle is all."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, it was Greg who suggested that," says Liz. "Cutting the power cable to the security lights could work."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay grins, embarrassed at his gaf. "Ooops sorry Liz I was concentrating on the road. So I guess we need to decide are we going to take a shufty around the house again, go through their bins and the like, see if we can get proof the girl is in there, then go in another night....or are we just going to go in regardless? I mean, I think we can agree that guy is involved in some weird shit somehow."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg shrugged, "If she's in there, we need to rescue her as soon as possible. If we go in, manage to take them guys out, and then find out she's not in there... well, then we're fugitives running from the law. I can see the need for being sure that she's in there first before we do anything drastic." He looked to the others and said, "While you are clipping wires, make sure you get their phone line so they can't call for backup."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree," says Liz. "If she's in there, we go in and get her tonight. Otherwise, there's no rush and we can take our time. Cutting the phone line won't stop them calling for help if they have mobiles, but it might be worth trying. Of course, the help they're liable to call prolly won't be the coppers. Oh, and we'll all need gloves. No sense leaving fingerprints around. If we're going to do something wrong, we better do it right."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg smiled, "I have some rubber gloves back at the hotel. Plenty to go around."

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”