Page 1 of 1

CH1-13 the tatoo artist.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 am
by ghill
Its ten thirty by the time everyone meets up outside Hangerlane Tube station in West London. Clay is waiting with a reasonably new looking Audi A4.

Clay takes out a battered London A-Z and indicates where shop is "We should probably decide how we are going to handle this then? I'm still unclear what we want to do. Are we here to case the place and see what they get up to or are we here to confront them?"

Re: IC - CH1 - the tatoo artist.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg shrugged, uncertainly. "Is it safe to assume they don't have the girl back in their possession? Or maybe that's one thing we need to establish before we decide what to do."

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:51 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I don't think we should assume anything," says Liz. "We need more information, so yeah, we should stake the place out for a bit. We can always go in and talk to them after that."

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,$$ ... Cha-ching ... $$

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 pm
by royya
Jacob nods in agreement with Liz's idea.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:29 am
by ghill
Clay unlocks the car doors so everyone can get in. "OK so we keep an eye on them which is fine, but isn't it going to look a bit suspicious the four of us sitting in the car all day?"

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg suggests, "Probably. Maybe we can find a good look-out site, an abandoned or rented room across the road, or we can park the car down a ways and take turns walking around the block."

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:23 pm
by ghill
It takes about 10 minutes to drive the mile from the busy roundabout at Hangar Lane to the short parade of shops on Pitshanger Lane, Clay drives past once indicating the tattoo artists at the end of the parade, the shops window and doorway are covered in newspapers making it impossible for the casual passer by to see inside.

Clay drives on a hundred yards further down the road and then turns left into a side road. "It looks empty now, but there were guys hanging around outside yesterday and the lights were on inside. So shall we take it in turns to take a walk or shall I park up the car a bit nearer"
OOC: Pithanger Lane,Pithanger lane is a residential town road, with older (late 1800's) three storey houses on one side and a newer shopping parade (1930's) on the other, there is some kind of service road to the rear of the parade with more houses behind that.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:12 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,did the place look open for business?
Greg asks, "How long does it take to get a tattoo? One of us could be on the inside under more legitimate reasons. I never got a tattoo before, and honestly... I don't think I'm the type. It's just a thought."

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:57 pm
by ghill
OOC: Open/Closed?,If Clay hadn't told him that he'd seen guys going in and out Greg would think the place was closed.
Clay shows him one of his tattoos a set of kenji characters on his arm "Something like this, anywhere from 25-45 mins depending on how well you handle the pain, how well the ink absorbs, and how good the guy with the needle is. It'll cost you somewhere between £50 and £100."

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:20 pm
by royya
Sorry but it is forbidden to have tattoos for me.
Jacob replies
But money is not a problem if you want to have another one.

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:29 am
by ghill
Clay looks around "Don't look at me I'm not volunteering. Its the Doc's idea, if he wants to give it a try its alright by me."

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, I'm not getting a tattoo," says Liz. "I could have pretended to be your girlfriend and gone in with you, though."

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:15 am
by ghill
Clay looks at LIz and laughs "Unless you're built like Mike Tyson under that clobber it ain't happening. I'm not having anything to do with this mob unless I'm tooled up." Glancing down at his rather tired and clearly much lived in street clothes. "To be honest Liz I don't think anyone would mistake me for your type. How about you and the Doc go in? I mean you look a more believable couple to me. Nothing says you have to get a tattoo, just tell them you're thinking about getting a tramp stamp on your ankle or yer boob or something and you want to take a look at their books.
OOC: NPC,Lets try and keep Clay out of anything but a supporting role while he's an NPC.

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:05 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Clay's a fraidy cat... lol
Greg sighs, "All right, so... assuming that tattoo takes the better part of an hour, is it possible to ask for something that will take longer? Or would they just do part of the work today, and finish it another time?" He mentally images himself with various tattoos over different parts of his body to see what would be most appropriate. "Provided they sterilize the needles they use properly, I can volunteer my body for our cause. And believe me, I will make sure they are sterilizing properly. Do you think that would be suspicious behavior? It might even afford us a peek into back rooms."

He says to Liz, "Story of my life though. The pretty girl is always pretending to like me." He smiled and nodded though, "I'd appreciate someone in there with me." Then he asks everyone, "You don't think they have any reason to have seen us before, do you?"

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"Only if Elira told them about meeting us at the airport," says Liz. "I can't imagine that they'd know what we look like otherwise or have any reason to suspect we're onto them. If it comes to a fight, I won't be much good in there. I guess I could run and scream a lot, but that's about it. What I'll be really useful for in there is recognizing those symbols when we look through their books of tattoos."

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:21 pm
by royya
Since we might be in danger while inside I suggest carrying a weapon of some sort ... you know, for personal protection.
Jacob suggest but clearly he is not feeling convenient with the idea
I think I have a screw driver in the trunk and a spare switchblade, maybe a flashlight.

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:31 am
by ghill
OOC: The Car,This is not Jacob's car it is the car Clay aquired with Jacob's cash so the car could not be traced back to any of you
"there is probably a tyre iron in the boot and I have this." says Clay as he reaches into his jacket and pulls out a rather wicked looking flick knife. "If we're really cacking it, then I know some people, who know some people and we can probably get something a bit more juicy if you guys think its worth it and have the cash."

Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"I suppose I could take a knife," says Liz, "but I'd be rubbish with it. My best bet is probably some mace, but even then I doubt I'll be very effective."

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 am
by ghill
Clay shrugs "I can probably get you mace or pepper spray or something similar, its not legal you know that right? So are you guys going in now or can I go and see some friends?"
OOC:,This is very much a credit ratings check if you want Clay to go and get something a bit less legal. Bear in mind all firearms in the UK require a liscence and with some minor exceptions there are no legal pistols of any kind. if you are sending him off then you need to give Clay some idea what your after.

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Ouch! I didn't know pepper spray was illegal in the UK. How's a teenage girl supposed to protect herself without breaking the law? It's perfectly legal in America.

"Yeah, pepper spray would do nicely if you can get it," says Liz. "I know what those guys might do to me if things go sour and I don't have it. I'll take my chances with breaking the law."

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:20 pm
by royya
Can you get a blunt weapon, a policeman's nightstick maybe ?
Jacob asks.

Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:39 pm
by ghill
I can't say the people I know have much call for nightsticks Jacob, but I can ask. says Clay.

Can I have spot hiddens from everyone please.
OOC:Nightsticks/sprays,FYI In the UK, batons are considered to be offensive weapons (as they are "made or adapted for use for causing injury to the person"), which prohibits their possession in a public place under the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 - just saying if Jacob was trying to stay legal he'd be better off looking for a stout walking stick or something similar. Pepper sprays/CS/Mace are all Prohibited Weapon, under S.5 of The Firearms Act 1968

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy

As Liz is talking, she notices something.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:03 am
by ghill
Looking over Clay's shoulder Liz see's a dark blue land cruiser drive past. Clearly visible is a scratch running down the length of drivers side (RHS) of the vehicle. As liz watches the vehicle turns into the Arcade of shops and parks up directly infront of the tattooists. Two men get out, the driver a huge muscled man, the passenger an older man in his sixties or older.
OOC: Spot Hidden,Naturally, anyone making their spot hidden sees the same thing.

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:52 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg didn't see the truck drive past. He said, "I would like the spare switchblade, if you don't mind. It can't be that much more difficult than using a scalpel, right?" He says to Liz, "I'm ready when you are. If you want to wait to get your hands on some mace, that's fine."

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 pm
by royya
A walking stick should be handy.
Jacob replies

Spot hidden (1d100=88) - failed.

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:47 am
by ghill
Clay hands the blade over to Greg "its not spare mate, but you're welcome to it. So do I make some phone calls and see what I can get my hands on? It'll be a couple of hours at least before I can get anything though. "

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy

"There's our blokes," says Liz, pointing out the vehicle. "I just saw two of the men we're looking for get out of there and enter the shop. One of them was the old guy we were told about, and the driver was a rather strong chap. I don't know if we want to go in while they're inside, but it might be a good idea to follow them after they leave and see where they go next. Yes, Clay, please see what you can get. In addition to the pepper spray, or instead of it if you can't get it, I suppose I could use some sort of sap. That's easy to make. A sock full of marbles would do the trick."

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:40 am
by ghill
Clay opens the car door and gets out "Scuse me then. I need some privacy to make these calls."
Clay spens the next couple of hours on the phone talking to 'friends of friends'. During which time very little seems to go on at the shop. A half hour after the first car a couple of men appear in a white Ford Mondeo estate pull up; they go in to the shop leaving the shop a few minutes later but then spend the rest of the morning standing around outside, smoking chatting and drinking coffee. There is no sign of the old man, although the well muscled younger man comes out and shares a coffedd with the other two near to midday.

Around midday, Clay walks up the road to the next junction where he meets with what you assume is a young man wearing the hoodie who hands over a small childrens backpack and a heavy looking walking stick
Credit Rating Roll,Can I have a credit rating roll from whoever is financing this (multiple rolls are allowed)

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz takes pictures of the men and the vehicles discreetly with her digital camera when she's sure they're not looking in her direction, making certain that the flash is off. When Clay leaves, she goes into her wallet. "I'm afraid I'm a bit skint at the moment," she says. "I am a poor college student, but I'll pay what I can afford now and owe you the rest later."

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 pm
by royya
Credit rating (1d100=87) = Fail
Jacob is surprised to see that he is short on cash.

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:41 pm
by ghill
Clay gets back into the car with the backpack which he opens handing liz a largish can marked "FRONTIERSMAN Bear Attack Deterrent" the can has a handle with a trigger, its not the sort of thing Liz can hide in a pocket but it will fit in her bag (just). Right, my man says its well powerful stuff and its got a range of about 30', but he aint sure how much stuff is left in there but reckons it must be good for three or four good squirts."

He then pulls out an Asp extendable batton which he shows to Jacob. Right I have this, which if you get knicked with they'll have you for an offensive weapon. I also have this, he shows Jacob a solid Blackthorne walking stick, it will still get you nicked if they see you using it, but a half decent solicitor like you ought to be able to make a case of self defense. So which one do you want?

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:50 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg tucks the switch blade in pocket with a 'Thanks', and gets out of the car. He crosses his arms and looks at the tattoo parlor just sitting there all ominously as he waits for Liz to join him.

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Cheers, this will do nicely," says Liz, taking the can of bear spray and stowing it in her bag. "If it'll stop a bear, it'll stop a man." She gets out of the car and joins Greg. "Well, here we go. If you hear screaming, you'll know something's wrong - either that or the good doctor's just getting his tattoo and can't take the pain. If you hear me screaming, then it's definitely gone pear-shaped."

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:33 pm
by ImpInTraining
As Greg and Liz starts heading for the tattoo parlor, he says to her, "I do hope they speak English while we're in there. If not, then we'll just have to try to read body language I guess."

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:54 pm
by ghill
As Liz and Greg approach the shop the two men outside catch sight of them but it is only as they approach the door that the younger of the two men reacts stepping infront of the closed door.

"Is closed".

OOC:,I assume as the idea is to bluff your case, you were approaching openly and no major subtefuges were planned?

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:20 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Assumed correctly. The more sneaky we try to be, the more suspicious we look - and counter productive it ends up being... because I don't think I put any points into hide or move silently.
Knowing that these men were highly motivated by greed, Greg did his best to look distraught at the news and responded "Oh no, well gosh darn it all." He looked to Liz and said, "I'm the one who lost the bet... so it's your call. Do we forget about the very big and invasive tattoo you wanted me to get, or do we go find another artist to give our money to?" He glanced to the men and commented to Liz, "I'm still hoping I have enough money to cover something so large." Looking back to Liz, he adds, "I'm hoping you're leaning to just forgetting the whole thing."

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:32 pm
by ghill
The man looks at Greg with what he can only assume is disgust. Then leans forward so he is very much in Gregs face. "You deaf? Is closed you and your piçkë" he glances at Liz, before turning to face Greg again "You just F*ck off"

As the man is talking Greg and Liz can clearly hear the sound of a tattooist at work

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:04 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg is a little taken back. The bastards were just trying to scare them away now, and he didn't much appreciate that. "So ... apparently, just standing her having our conversation is offensive to you. Is it because I'm white?" He looked at the parlor, then back to the man, "You know maybe your ears are the ones not working so well, I hear someone in there giving tattoos. Are you sure you're just not mistaken? Could we just look at a book of designs and come back later?"

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:15 pm
by ghill
The man rattles something off in what may or may not be Albanian to his colleague. "No, not because you are white, because you and your piçkë are " again he says something not in English it sounds like "blegtori"
OOC: Rolls,Spot hidden and Psychology from both Greg and Liz please.

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"I guess they don't want to take your money, honey," says Liz. She doesn't notice anything unusual, nor can she understand why the two men are acting this way.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:15 am
by ImpInTraining
Psychology - failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3411673/]Psychology(60%) (1d100=83)[/url]
Spot Hidden - failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3411671/]Spot Hidden(45%) (1d100=74)[/url]
Greg lifted an eyebrow, "God bless you... you should have a doctor look at that sneeze." he looked at Liz, "Suppose you're right, honey. I think I saw a nice parlor over by the library."

He reached in his pocket and pulled out the gold items he had purchased earlier and said, "We should stop by a pawn shop first so I can hock this stuff to pay for it." He made sure the two men saw the gold in his hand.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 am
by ghill
Casually glancing at the gold in Greg's hand the youg man says something to his colleague, the contempt in his voice quite clear. With a start Liz and Greg realise, while they been talking to the younger man, his older colleague has moved to stand only a few feet behind them. The older man stands casually with his hands in his pockets but looking suitable menacing all the same. He says nothing, but takes his left hand out of his pocket and makes an open handed gesture palm upwards, indicating the path away for them is clear.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg pocketed his gold and then nodded to the man behind them as he starts to leave, taking Liz by the arm. "Best be off before they cease their welcoming nature, dear." To the men he said over his shoulder as they were departing, "Sorry for the intrusion. Carry on."

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:29 pm
by ghill
The two men chatter to one another, then burst into laughter. Completely ignoring Greg and Liz they walk back to their car and resume their ciggarettes.

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:23 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Well, one thing is for certain, they're up to no good," Greg said to Liz and the others as they got back to the car. "I'll bet there's a girl in there getting defaced this very minute. We should just bust in, guns blazing."

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:02 am
by Mr. Handy

"You're probably right," says Liz, "but if we do that, we'll just get killed - or worse. We need a plan." She thinks for a moment, then takes out her laptop and powers it up. "There may be wi-fi hotspots on this block that I can scan for and tap into, connected to CCTV cameras. Most wi-fi is unencrypted because that's the default setting and a lot of people are too ignorant or lazy to set encryption up and turn it on, which means it could very well be wide open. Maybe the tattoo shop itself even has one. If we can get a view of the shop, or if we're really lucky even its interior, we could review the footage and see who's gone in and out of the shop. If the shop has its own network, we might even be able to see inside it and get access to other useful information. Maybe not, but it's worth a try."

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:50 am
by ghill
CCTV,Computer Roll please. If successful Liz manages to tap into three local CCTV cameras. The first is completely useless a static camera looking at the doorstep of a block of flats, the second is further up the street but has a clear view of the shop front when at full pan, in addition one of the shops has a camera which looks as though it is situated to cover the alley to the rear of the shops.

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:05 pm
by royya
Jacob steps into the frame by playing an occasional pedestrian that walks by slowly, looking into the display window of the shop. He will pretend to speak in his cellular, discussing business as he walks by the pair of brutes, trying to listen if they speak English. If not, he will stand between shops, not far from Liz and Greg and continue his fictional cellular talk.

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz's hands fly across the keyboard. "I'm in!" she says. "Let's see what we can see..." She brings up three windows and opens them side by side. One displays a live feed from the camera with the view of the front of the shop, the second displays a live feed of the alley in the rear, and the third she uses to sift through footage from both cameras, scanning for people coming and going from the tattoo shop. "You know, if we could trip the fire alarm in the tattoo shop, that would do the trick! Those guys would probably have to come outside then. Even if they didn't, the fire brigade would still show up and go in. If they do have a girl captive inside, they'd risk discovery."
OOC,Is there any way to use my computer access to set off a fire alarm in the building?

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg responded, "They probably removed any sort of fire detection system or alarm, considering they like to burn people on the spot. Just saying..."

He asked the others, "Anyone know what a blegtori is? They called us that twice. I have a feeling it was quite derogatory."

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm sure it is," says Liz. "I'm no linguist, but maybe it's a derogatory term for an outsider, much like 'gaijin' in Japanese."

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:21 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Can you look it up in another window?" Greg asks Liz. "Some sort of Algerian to English translator somewhere?"
lol,According to a translation program I found online, it means 'farming'. http://webtranslation.paralink.com/translator/

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:18 am
by ghill
blegtori,A more appropriate translation would be beast, livestock. piçkë is a slang term for female genetalia.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"You mean Albanian," says Liz. "Yeah, I can run it through Babelfish." She does so in a separate window and reports the results, then goes back to scanning the footage from the two cameras from earlier in the day while keeping an eye on the live feeds.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:14 pm
by ghill
"If you want to start a fire alarm why dont we throw a burning newspaper into the rubbish out the back or something." Says Clay "if the fire brigade call arson they'll have the cops around pretty sharpish as well."

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:58 pm
by ImpInTraining
"They have an all points bulletin out for the missing girl, right?" Greg asks. "Why don't we just give an anonymous tip that she's inside and see what happens?"

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"That's a possibility," says Liz, "but the police may take their time investigating the tip and might not be able to gain entry without cause. There are a couple of problems with setting a fire out back. First, that CCTV camera we're looking through would spot you doing it. I might be able to circumvent that, though. I could record a segment of footage while the alley is empty and then try to feed it back to the camera in a loop. As far as the camera's concerned, nobody will have ever been there. Of course, that doesn't mean there isn't another camera somewhere that I can't access. The other problem is that the fire brigade might not enter the shop if the fire is outside. If it were possible to sneak into the shop through the back and set the fire there, though, they'd have to go in. Then they'd have to look through the whole building, and bring in the police when they confirm arson."

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:15 am
by ghill
Liz spends some time accessing the stored data for the cameras she has accessed:

The camera further up the street is able to show her the last 24 hours in 30 second hops. There are lights on in the flat above the shop at night, the car with the older man and the overly muscled younger man comes and goes during the day. A number of other cars arrive with a variety of men who enter the shop spending between ten minutes and a couple of hours in the shop before departing. Nothing suspcious it taken into the shop.

The camera covering the alley to the rear of the shops shows very little. At around 9pm last night an old woman came out carrying a large bag of trash which she dumping into a bin. She is watched by an old man from the doorway.

It is now early afternoon (approx 2pm) .

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:08 pm
by royya
The frequency of the men that arrive here might suggest a drug dealing of some sort in addition to tattoo business .
Jacob suggests

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:25 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg shook his head, "No, you're wrong there. There's no tattooing going on in an official capacity. It looks to have been closed for business for quite some time now. But I heard something that sounded like tattooing going on inside."

The doctor frowned and folded his arms across his chest, "I'm not a big advocate to unnecessary violence, but it might be in our best interests just to bust in there and demand some answers. These people are dangerous, and if we continue waiting and doing nothing, that poor girl could be killed. Someone has to do something, and clearly we don't have enough information to get the police involved - except maybe for operating an unlicensed tattoo parlor."

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"Trying that might get us dead," says Liz. "We need more information, and we need a plan. We don't even know if they're keeping Elira here. If they did bring her here, it must have been more than 24 hours ago, because that's how far back the camera stores the images. We could try the thing with the fire and try to flush them out, but that's risky too. Personally, I'd like to see where these guys go when they leave this place. Any locations that they find relevant could be of interest."

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:24 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg nodded, "Point taken. If they do drive off, are we intending to all follow, or will a stakeout crew be left behind, and who exactly will that consist of?"

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:57 pm
by royya
We can try sneaking from the back door ... and we do have some weapons if things will go bad for us.
Jacob says, trying to potrate himself as the hero he wants to be but never been in the past.

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, someone should stay on watch out here if you're doing that," says Liz. "That should probably be me. I can keep watch via the cameras, and I also have a good view of the street from right here. We could keep in touch on our mobiles. I'll keep the motor running in case we need to clear out in a hurry, though I'm not the world's best driver." She takes a breath. trying to contain the excitement of the moment. "This is actually pretty cool, but a bit scary. I feel like Chloe on 24."

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:58 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg said, "There isn't much call in sneaking or hiding around an operating room. I'm not very good at it. But I don't think one person should try going in there alone. I am, however, alright at driving. I like the idea of snooping in there though. It has merit. We definitely need to know more and that seems like the only viable option right now." He considered the mobile phones and asked, "Anyone have an ear piece? That way whoever is heading in won't be alerting anyone to incoming messages."

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:31 pm
by ghill
"There is a phone shop back at the tube station we could whip back there and buy some of those blue tooth headsets" Says Clay "Also, if we are going to follow these guys when they leave as well as to keep watch here, shouldn't we get another car? ...or are we just going to break in when they close up?"

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good idea on the Bluetooth earpieces," says Liz. "If we follow them when they leave, do we really need anyone to stay here? Couldn't we just return here after we see where they go? Getting a second untraceable car probably won't be easy."

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:57 am
by ghill
Clay jumps on a bus and returns 45 minutes later with five Blue tooth headsets which he hands out. "So what now we just sit and waite for the old boy and his driver to f*ck off back to where they came from"

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:47 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg gets to work pairing his Bluetooth ear piece with his phone.
ooc,electronics roll?
He says, "Oh, yes... Coming back after they have blown off for the night has my vote."

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:27 pm
by royya
We can get into the shop after they leave if we suspect a crime was happening in there
Jacob says.

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:29 pm
by ghill
ooc,electronics roll? Nah no need, its a no stress environment, it may require a bit of fiddling but eventually it gets done.

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Agreed," says Liz. "Best to go in when there's as few people inside as possible." She configures the earpiece and affixes it to her ear.
OOC,Electronics has a base skill of 01%. If that was required just to use the device, most people couldn't do it. Someone as tech-savvy as [b]Liz[/b] should have little difficulty figuring it out.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 am
by ghill
The day progresses. Around six the old man and his well muscled companion lock up the shop, and leave in the Blue 4WD, the two thugs who have spent the day outside the shop leave also heading in a different direction.

It is still light and will remain so for at least a couple of hours more, there remains a reasonable amount of foot and vehicle traffic along the road, but most of the shops in the arcade have now shut for the day.

Apologies,Sorry to keep you hanging guys, I could have sworn I posted a more detailed response on saturday.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:04 am
by ImpInTraining
OOC,Is there a back alley? A second entrance that would allow us to try to get inside without so much the hazard of being seen?
Greg points at the vehicle as it starts to drive away, "There they go... we should start tailing them."

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Agreed," says Liz again. "You said you're a decent driver, maybe you should take the wheel." She downloads and saves footage of the empty alley from the previous evening, shortly after dark, to her hard drive so that she can later use it when they return. She hopes to be able to feed it into the camera back there in a loop at that time so that it only sees the empty alley when they do go in. That way, it will look like nobody's there instead of showing her friends breaking and entering.
OOC,Yes, there's a back alley. One of the CCTV cameras has a view of it.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 am
by ghill
Clay changes seats to let Greg drive muttering something about how he should be the driver as he got the car.
CCTV and Tailing,Liz needs a simple [b]Computer use roll [/b]to record a chunk of CCTV footage, it gets harder if she wants to tamper with things like time stamps. Alternatively, she could switch the CCTV camera off. Greg will need [b]six Drive rolls[/b]. Failure doesn't automatically mean he has lost them, but it will mean he has had to take some action to make sure he hasn't - reckless overtaking, driving through a red light etc - which will clearly increase the chance they notice they are being tailed. Two consecutive failed Drive rolls and he's lost them.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,That seems kind of extreme. Are they really driving that erratically that I have to make so many drastic drive attempts? I'm not a stunt driver... I got a 40%. Odds are I won't keep up with them if I go by these rules, and I might get us killed in the process - ie. driving through a red light. Fuck that. If I see a red light, I'm stopping. I'm a doctor, not a private investigator. I'm not going to put other people in danger. Maybe Clay should drive.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:52 pm
by ghill
Extreme,I admit it is difficult but [b]covertly[/b] tailing a car in busy London traffic when you are unfamiliar with the area is going to be a difficult task. if you're not worried about being seen then its not an issue. Oh and that should be [b]two consecutive failed drive rolls [/b]not simply two failed rolls which makes it somewhat easier. The failed rolled don't necessarily mean dangerous driving - the examples are perhaps extreme - they just indicate efforts Greg has to make to keep up which might attract attention of the car he's tailing. You can hand the driving over to [b]Clay[/b] but he will quickly admit to not actually having done much driving recently.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:31 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Alright ... here goes nothing then...
Drive Checks (1d100=16, 1d100=21, 1d100=27, 1d100=21, 1d100=68, 1d100=5)

Greg finds driving in London isn't so tough... but almost loses them at one point.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:10 pm
by ghill
Greg loses site of the 4x4 but catches up with it just as it is pulling into the driveway of a large semi detached house situated on a quiet tree-lined road close to Ealing Common. As Greg slowly drives past the two men get out of the car and walk upto the door which is opened by a older woman who takes the old mans coat and welcomes them into the house.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg drives up another house or two, then pulls over to watch and make sure the truck doesn't take off yet again. "Someone make note of the address."

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz had had no difficulty in saving some of the CCTV footage to her laptop's hard drive while they had waited outside the tattoo shop.

She nods and takes out her camera, using its zoom function to read the address on the house, then makes a note of it.
OOC,I do intend to try to make the timestamps match the actual time when I feed the video back into the camera. One possibility is to use the footage exactly 24 hours after it was recorded. The day will be off by one, but it's less likely to be noticed. Turning off the camera is a last resort, as that would be suspicious. If the police do investigate later, they'll view the footage. I don't want it to arouse any suspicion of tampering.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:27 am
by royya
Pheew ... Way to go.
Jacob exhales and says to Greg as he pulls out the seat belt.
Now what ? Get back to the shop and see who's in there?

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:26 pm
by ghill
Clay takes a look at the house. "Look next door is all boarded up. If we wait a bit you could drop me off around the corner and I could slip into next doors garden so I can keep an eye on the house without anyone being any the wiser.That way if they come out while you guys are in the shop I can give you the heads up."

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg nodded, "Good idea. A look-out. I like it." He pulls up and around the corner to let Clay off before heading back to the shop.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:54 pm
by ghill
Before he climbs out of the car Clay turns around to the others. "Look I'm not going to hang around here while it is still light, I'll come back here in half an hour or so when its dark. Once I'm settled I'll give you guys a ring, but don't start anything until I've given you the all clear"

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds good to me," says Liz. "I just hope they don't slip out of here while you're away."

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:19 am
by ghill
Clay shrugs "Not much I can do about that, I cant stand around here for long" he looks at his street clothes then around at the large houses and the tree lined avenue. "I stand out a bit in this neck of the woods and we don't want some busy in Neighbourhood Watch calling the filth. I didn't see another car, so it shouldn't be to hard to work out wether they are still at home."
Woops,Clay not Greg!

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:35 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,I'm guessing that last post was supposed to say "Clay" not "Greg".
Greg waves and drives back to the tattoo parlor, pulling the car down the back alley way and positioning it in a position where it has more than one avenue of exit. "Don't want to get trapped in place," he said to the others explaining his choice of parking spots. "You ready with that playback, Liz?"

After getting the affirmative from Liz, Greg hops out and heads over to the back door. He checks for a key on the door frame, or under nearby rocks or garbage cans. You just never know... he might get lucky.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:48 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hang about!" says Liz when Greg starts to drive into the alley. "Make sure you don't drive out of the camera's blind spot. We don't want it to see the car or us. I'll need some time to rig up a loop to spoof the camera, and we want to wait until it gets dark anyway." She has been working on finding a way to feed the video back into the camera with altered timestamps to disguise the fact that the footage has been altered. If there's no other way, she can use footage that she has downloaded that is exactly 24 hours old, so that the time will be in sync even though the day is off by one. Now that they've arrived, she pulls up the views from the cameras in front and back in windows on her laptop and quickly reviews what the cameras had recorded while they had been away. Once that's done, she continues to work on a way to fool the camera.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:14 am
by royya
Jacob says a silent pray and add
I don't believe I'm doing this.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:47 pm
by ghill
Liz,Computer Use please - considering she's already accessed the camera a failure will simply indicate a break in the feed rather than any disaster.
All,Can I just confirm, you're trying to enter via the back door, more importantly who is accompanying Greg?
Looking in all the likely spots Greg finds no evidence of a key. The ground floor windows barred and the door is secured with a dead bolt which Greg and or anyone else can just make out through the gap between the door and the doorframe. However, the door is concealed from passers by due to a garage. It is also possible a person climbing onto the roof of the garage might be able to gain access the 1st floor flat.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"I know!" says Liz, grinning from ear to ear and trying to contain her excitement. She finishes her work and seemlessly feeds the recorded footage of the empty alley back into the CCTV camera. "Right, you'll be invisible to the camera now," she says. "It's looking at last night, and the timestamps shouldn't tip anyone off either. I'll stay in the car and keep an eye on things. We'll keep each other informed via the earpieces. Be careful." Once Greg gets out, she positions herself behind the wheel and keeps the motor running in the event that they need to leave in a hurry, monitoring the windows she has open on her laptop. She keeps the bag with the bear spray close at hand, just in case there's trouble.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:40 am
by ImpInTraining
"Ground floor's a bust," Greg points out. "We're not getting in the easy way. So unless someone knows how to pick a deadbolt lock, we'll have to try higher up," he points upward to the flat above. He looked around for something to climb on to get to the roof of the garage or an easy access point to try climbing.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 pm
by ghill
The flat roof of the garage is easily within reach and with a boost from someone else or a rubbish bin to stand on it wont be a problem to get up there. However the garage roof looks as though its a relic of the 50's and looks like a corrugated asbestos and cement roof – not very strong.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 pm
by royya
I'm coming with you Greg. Here let me give you a push up there, then I'll climb on that bin over there and you'll lift me up.
Jacob says, preapring to push Greg.
ooc,We did take the weapons Clay gave us right?

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 pm
by ghill
OOC: Weapons,unless someone tells me differently, you have them on you yes.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg helps Jacob as directed, then cautions, "The roof seems a bit unsturdy. I'm going to keep some distance between us so if part of it does cave in, we won't both go at the same time."

Greg tries to keep near the edge where he is relatively sure there should be some support beams or framing wood and tries to make his way over to the flat window.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:27 pm
by ghill
As Greg climbs onto the garrage roof a piece at the edge cracks off under his weight and the roof creaks threateningly but does not give way.
The Roof,As long as Greg and Jacob when he gets up there moves slowly they can tell roughly where the joists which support the roof are and move with some sense of safety.

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:49 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Slowly it is...
Greg creeps across the roof of the garage like a teenage girl sneaking back in to her house after curfew.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz watches the men climbing onto the garage and the video feeds on her laptop like a teenage girl who has just found and unleashed her inner hacker and is loving every moment of it.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:12 am
by ghill
Greg starts to creep across the garrage roof.

OOC:,DEX Rolls from Greg and Jacob please.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:20 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Dex Roll? Is that a d100? [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3513339/]Dex = 13 (1d100=52)[/url]

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:44 pm
by ghill
As Greg inches across the roof one of the boards cracks and his weight shifts precariously but with a quick jump he is able to make the far edge of the roof.
Stat Rolls,Yes when I ask for a stat roll its the Stat x5 or less.

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:30 pm
by royya
I can always sue the man building this unsafe roof.
Jacob says with a chuckle as he tries to balance himself

Dex roll [60%] (1d100=66) – Fail!!

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:38 pm
by ghill
There is a creaking sound and then a resounding crack as Jacob puts his foot through the roof.
OOC:,The whole area around Jacob looks unsafe as the panel he just stood on has a number of cracks in it.

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:36 pm
by royya
Stay still, stay ...
Jacob says quietly but nervously to Greg.
Where is the hatch or are we going to the window ?

Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,a reasonable question. I thought there might be a door up here, but if the roof is in this state of disrepair - perhaps not. Must be a window we're heading for. Is the garage a covered attached garage? Maybe Jacob could fall through and make his way inside that way?
Greg, not interested in saying much of anything while he's in cat burglar mode points at the nearest window. He whispered back, "You need help?"

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 am
by ghill
OOC:

There are two windows both of which overlook the garage, but no door. The area beneath the windows is solid, so considerable safer footing than the rest of the roof. The garage is not a substantial structure, its asbestos and cement roof dates it to the 1950's. Its not decrepid or in poor repair its simply not designed to have people walking on its roof. The garage is not as old as the shop so its unlikely they are connected (by American standards the garage is very small)

This gives some idea of what the roof looks like, although the roof Greg and Jacob are on is essentially flat.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:35 pm
by royya
To the window then.Jacob says, trying to free his leg and prepares grab something in case he is going to crush down through it.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:41 pm
by ghill
By a process of trial and error Jacob works out where the joists supporting the roof are and moves so he is sitting on the nearest one. Feeling a bit more secure he is then able to pull his foot from the hole and move over to where Greg is waiting.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:59 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg turns his attention to the windows then, seeing if any were unlocked.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:24 am
by ghill
One of the windows is actually open slightly. Through it Greg and Jacob can see, a small flat. The room they are looking into has a tatty carpet, and walls that haven't been repapered since the 1970's, and what little furniture there is - a single armchair and footrest, a small dinner table with one chair and a large sideboard - is faded and mismatched. The armchair has its back to the window but Greg and Jacob can just make out the arms and legs of an old man sitting in it, what looks to be an old woman is kneeling on the far side of it. An open archway at the back of the room leads to a small bathroom /kitchen.

There is a strong smell of vinegar and tobbacco coming from the open window as well as the sound of the man talking (in Albanian?)

Neither the old man or woman seem aware of Jacob or Greg.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:51 am
by royya
Hmmm ... what now?
Jacob asks Greg quietly
All my idea will result in the same manner. Both the elders are going to identify us and scream for help. How are we going to convince them we mean them no harm and that we search for a lost girl. Wait a minute, I have an idea that might work.
Jacob then speaks to Liz using his cellular.
Liz, there is an apartment up here, with two elders, a man and his wife. Try to see if you can buzz a door bell or maybe call a phone to distract the two. Our only access is through the roof window.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:12 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg quietly whispered back, "We don't even know right now if this apartment links in with the tattoo parlor downstairs. We're taking a gamble going in there, regardless."

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm
by ghill
OOC: The Flat.

Just to be clear from the outside Greg and Jacob can see evidence (externally: doors, stair wells, etc. Internally: a door which can't actually go anywhere but the stairwell.) which would indicate the the Flat is almost certainly connected to the shop, or at the very least shares access with the shop.

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hang about," replies Liz as she types. "Don't suppose you have a number to call? I'll try to look it up online from the address, but it might be the shop's phone number rather than the flat. To ring the bell I'd have to go round the front, and the camera there would see me unless I spoof it too." She searches an online phone directory, knowing that she can narrow down her search by looking for tattoo shops in Ealing and then scanning the results for the proper address.

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 pm
by ghill
Despite her best efforts Liz concludes neither the shop nor the flat have a active phone line.
Sorry,Thought I'd responded to this mail yesterday.

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:16 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg asked Jacob quietly, "Got a gun on you, pal? All I got is this knife. If we want to intimidate them, I don't think it will be very effective."

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"They haven't got a phone," says Liz into her Bluetooth device. "They might have a mobile, but I have no idea what its number is even if they do. Are you sure you guys want me to go round front and ring the bell? It means leaving the car here unattended until I get back, and I'll have to do the same thing with the camera with a view of the front of the shop."

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:47 am
by ghill
As Liz explains her situation to the others, the old man says something to the old woman who then slowly climbs to her feet and shuffles off in the direction of the other rooms (away from Greg and Jacob)

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:14 pm
by royya
A gun?! No way, we can’t wave guns like a couple of burglars ... surely we can neutralize him somehow, a punch to his head can do the trick and faint him ... his wife too.
Clearly Jacob is not happy with this option either but a man got to do what a man got to do.
Ooc,remind me what weapon I took

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 am
by ghill
Stuff,Jacob has an Asp extendable batton, Greg has a flick knife I believe. Please bear in mind that several minutes have now passed with Jacob and Greg crouched on the roof, while not visible to any CCTV, they will be clearly visible to anyone who happens to walk down the alley.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:42 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg whispered, "I wasn't talking about shooting them, just holding them at bay while we climb through the window. We're going to be very vulnerable." He snuck a peek back inside and tried to determine if it was a good time to try to sneak in. He was no cat burglar, but he knew a thing or two about being quiet. He just wasn't to confident he could be sneaky climbing through this particular window.
Sneak - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3523876/]Sneak (20%) (1d100=34)[/url]

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:50 am
by royya
Let’s go inside ... here we go and may god protect us.
With that Jacob joins Greg into the room. His weapon concealed for the moment.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm
by ghill
As Greg climbs through through the window and steps down into the room his footing gives and he lands with a bang on atop a dinner table on which are piled four house bricks, and a plastic kitchen bowl. the bowl is the source of the strong vinegary smell coming from the room, which on closer investigation appears to contain a soggy bundle of multi-coloured tripe.
Can I have,from both of you a Spot Hidden, Art(Tattoo), First Aid or Medicine roll please.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:00 pm
by ImpInTraining
Spot Hidden - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3525159/]Spot Hidden (45%) (1d100=89)[/url]
Art - Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3525161/]Art(Tattoo) (5%) (1d100=69)[/url]
First Aid - Success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3525163/]First Aid (60%) (1d100=54)[/url]
Greg quickly tries to get all the way through the window before he is assaulted for home intrusion. He quickly wonders what the laws are in England for this sort of thing - like if they'd be within their rights to beat Greg to death.

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am
by ghill
Successful skill rolls,The content of the bowl is actually tattooed human skin, being pickled.
SAN LOSS:,Greg 0/1D2 reduced due to the fact he'd a doctor. Jacob: 1/1D3

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:35 pm
by ImpInTraining
Sanity check - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3526176/]Sanity(85%) (1d100=43)[/url]
Greg looked at the bowl and grimaced. He either covered it with a towel if one was handy, or he'd move it out of the way so Jacob didn't have to see it when he came in. Then looking around again, he tries to determine where the people were at that time.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 am
by ghill
Both Jacob and Greg see the old man peering around the side of his chair at them. He says something in a thick unintelligable accent but clearly questioning Greg in some manner, he then calls out behind him (Greg assumes to the woman) He does not sound scared just angry.
Jacob SAN,As Jacob said he was climbing through the window after Greg and Greg needed to recover and ascertain what was in the bowl before it was covered, I'm going to rule that Jacob would have been able to get a good eyeful of the bowls content and thus needs to do the same skill rolls/SAN check if successful.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:55 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,In that case, disregard the attempt to cover. Didn't realize he was on my ass.
Greg looked to the man and started approaching, "Look, we don't mean any harm..." he looked for the woman to make sure she wasn't trying to use the phone. Last thing they needed was these guys getting backup.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:00 pm
by ghill
OOC: While I was mean enough to stop it having any effect, I was impressed by Greg's decision to cover the bowl, it was a very thoughtful action. Consider it done, just to late to have any effect - but not through any fault of Greg's.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:38 am
by royya
Hoping the man understands English, Jacob tries to bluff their way out of this mess.
"We are police detectives, please stay where you are"
He waits for the elder reaction and points to Greg to where the woman supposedly was.
"Check this room detective Green"
ooc,I post from my work and invisible castle website is blocked, not sure why, I guess the java script is the reason. I will roll the dice in the evening, when I'll get back home.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:54 am
by ghill
The old man removes his jacket and rolls up his sleeves all the while talking calmly but clearly with some venom in his voice. If this was a movie you think he'd be saying something like "I'm going to whip your young punk ass." As he does so the old woman shuffles out of the kitchen with some kind of coffee making contraption on a tray.

As he rolls up his shirt sleeves both Greg and Jacob realised his arms are covered in stunning animal tattoos.
Spot Hidden,Can I have a difficult spot hidden from you both (1/2 skill)

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:53 am
by ImpInTraining
Spot hidden - failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3529303/]Spot Hidden (45%) (1d100=59)[/url]
Greg was too preoccupied with watching the woman, sure she was going to throw some coffee at them to burn them with scalding hot water. "Ma'am, I'm going to need you to put that down please," Greg suggests in a calm voice. He's ready to dodge at a moment's notice. His hand has gone into his pocket and grabbed the knife, but it remains closed at the moment.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:54 pm
by royya
Spot Hidden Vs. 25 Are Vs. 05 Medicine vs. 05 - [89,2,20]
2 Fail, 1 Success - on Art. I guess I'll mark it.
San roll vs. 70 (1d100=7) - Success. lose only 1 point.

Jacob glance at the old man that was preparing to unleash his fists upon them.
Spot Hidden vs. 25 (1d100=36) - Fail.
From the old man to the woman, he takes his hand to his back where he hid his weapon.
Easy now mister. take a seat, we have some questions for you.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:36 pm
by ghill
Standing just inside the doorway to the room the old woman seems completely oblivious to anything Greg or Jacob say. However she does not move any further into the room but stands stock just inside the doorway.

Meanwhile has turned his back of both Greg and Jacob and although he continues to talk starts to walk over towards a table on the far side of the room. Both Jacob and Greg can see what looks to be a large knife of some kind on the table.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:11 pm
by royya
Oh, no you don’t!
Jacob calls
Greg, he goes for the knife, let’s take him.
With that, the prepared lawyer takes out his weapon and goes to intercept the old man.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:59 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg rushes the man, hoping the woman is not a threat. The way they treat there women, maybe she would be on their side? He tries to grapple the old man to keep him from grabbing the knife.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:16 am
by ghill
As Greg rushes forward the man puts on an amazing burst of speed for someone his age literally leaping across to the table where he grabs the knife

As Jacob moves forward he finds himself confronted by the woman who simply drops the tray and moves to grab Jacob's arm as he moves past.
Greg,As the man moves Greg swears he sees the tattoos on his arm twist and change shape a horse wrapped around his forearm seems to leap up his arm, the face of a dog twisted around his wrists snarls and barks at him - [b]SAN Roll Pls[/b].
Jacob,up close it is clear the old woman is clearly blind her eyes a milky white, however she seems singularly focused on Jacob - [b]Spot Hidden please[/b].
Knife,Its not a Kopis its shorter, perhaps the same length as a Kukri, certainly longer than the knife Greg is carrying.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:24 am
by ImpInTraining
Sanity Check - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3530337/]Sanity (85%) (1d100=55)[/url]
Greg didn't know what to make of the man's moving tattoos, except maybe that tattoo home concoction was using something mildly hallucinogenic. He continued with his attempt to grapple and subdue the man before someone got seriously hurt.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:49 am
by ghill
Greg maneuvers to try and grab the old man... who swings the knife like an axe clearly not feeling any sense of restraint.
Greg:,Dodge please.
Grapple,Make a Strength roll, if you beat the old man's STR you get a hold of him you can then decide to: • Knock him Down the Target • Knock Out the Target • Disarm the Target • Physically Injure the Target - may be repeated each round. • Strangle the Target

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dodge - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3530588/]Dodge attempt (46%) (1d100=21)[/url]
Opposed Strength - ?,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3530594/]Grapple attempt - opposed strength (8 Strength for Greg) (1d100=55)[/url]
ooc,Our Bluetooth headsets are still active, yes? So the others should know we're in combat.
Greg deftly sidestepped the knife attack, "Hey! You're gonna hurt someone with that!"he exclaimed. With the knife passed out of the way, Greg attempts to step in and grapple the man about the arms to keep him from further attacks. He started to wish he had put more effort in during physical education.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:48 pm
by ghill
The old man shrugs off Gregs attempt to restrain him, pushing him back with one hand in order to get the room to chop at him again with the knife.
Bluetooth,Yep they'll know whats happening or at least have a very good guess.
OOC: Greg,Considering his height, weight and age this man is behaving like someone twenty years younger. It's like the times in ER when Greg had to try and subdue the paranoid crackhead, although at least he didn't have a knife.
OOC: Just waiting for Roya to catch up w/us.

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Oh, bloody hell," mutters Liz. "So much for softly, softly. Guys, let me know if there's anything I can do."

Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:57 pm
by royya
spot hidden roll vs. 25 (1d100=51) - Fail.

Jacob intends to remove the woman from his way and help Greg so he sends a punch into the woman's face. Clearly the elders were not strange to violence and they clearly intended to hurt Greg and him.

Punch the woman vs. 50 (1d100=45) - Success
Fist damage (1d3=2)

He then takes out the blunt weapon.
"Liz, call Clay!"

ooc - he will parry the woman if she tries to hurt him.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,You'd have to parry (also with your fists), as you can't dodge and attack in the same round. That gives you a better chance anyway.

"I'm on it," replies Liz, whipping out her mobile. "I'd rather you hadn't used our names in front of them, though." She rings Clay.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:31 am
by ghill
The old woman is rocked back by the punch which prevents her from grabbing hold of Jacob, but she seems unfazed by the blow and comes on again.

Up close Jacob can see that the woman has milky white eyes a sure sign she is blind.

Across the room as Greg maneuvers to grab the old man he is once surprised to find the man barging into him with one arm while chopping at him with the knife in his other
Greg,Greg needs to dodge or he will recieve a nasty [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3533751/]slash[/url] from the knife on his left leg. The man is far faster on his feet than he has any right to be, but clearly not very strong.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:52 am
by royya
Clearly the woman is blind by sight but there is something very strange about her. Jacob can feel she is looking at him and realizes that the woman knows where he is. He takes out the baton from beneath his shirt and tries to knock out the woman.

Baton vs. woman. (1d100=97) - Fail.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 12:06 pm
by ghill
Jacob's blow with the Asp glances down the side of the woman's arm it apparently doesn't hurt her but knocks her arms away from where she was trying to grab at Jacob's shoulder.
OOC:,The old woman is trying to grapple Jacob, she failed. I'm not going to bother posting failed rolls.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:32 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dodge - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3533946/]Dodge (46% - Feet don't fail me now!) (1d100=6)[/url]
Greg dodges easily, keeping some distance between the knife-wielding man and himself, trying to make his way to the bowl or pan that had the skin in it marinading. He had hoped to grab the concoction and toss it right into the man's eyes.

Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:10 pm
by ghill
The man lunges past him as Greg sidesteps the man's swing and steps back to the table, however the man quickly reorientates himself and comes at Greg again.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:08 am
by royya
Jacob is not skilled with the sap apparently so he pass it to his other hand and tries to sends another fist into the old woman’s head, hoping that will bring her down to unconsciousness. The fist strikes true, into the woman's jaw.
Fist 50% (1d100=43) - Success
fist Damage (1d3=1)

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:42 pm
by ghill
Jacob's blow doesn't faze the woman in the slightest instead she closes pulling him into a bearhug and then to Jacobs surprise* tries to bite at his face.

OOC:Jacob,the woman has successfully [b]grappled[/b] Jacob restraining him, he can do nothing but break the grapple which requires an opposed STR roll vs STR 9
*or perhaps not

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:35 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg will toss the tattoo concoction into the man's face, hoping to blind him. "They're just old people," he reassures Greg aloud. "But they sure don't move like it." He says over the bluetooth, "The man has tattoos that seem to come alive, although that's probably just the adrenalin combined with the strange smell in this room causing me to see things."
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3535797/]Toss concoction into man's face. (1d100=47)[/url] - not sure what my target is.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:59 pm
by ghill
Greg throws the contents of the bowl at the old man, the throw misses largely because the bowl is deflected off the mans upraised arm. The stench of pickling vinegar is even stronger. The man closes in, his blade held infront of him and clearly ready to chop Greg down.

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:42 pm
by royya
Jacob breaks the old woman’s bearhug without any difficult but is surprised by the woman’s strength.

EDIT: No punch due to grapple

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:46 pm
by ghill
As Jacob struggles to break free the woman bites a chunk out of his cheek. Jacob finally breaks loose and steps out of the woman's reach with blood pouring down his face.
Punch,The grapple takes up the whole of Jacob's action there is no punch this round.
Phone call to Clay,I assumed Clay was in on this phonecall as well as a conference call - if not no problem either way Liz gets through to him.

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:17 pm
by royya
Jacob call out in pain as the woman bites a piece off his face. He tries to deliver another punch into her head, hoping to drop her down. But the pain is too much and he misses.

Punch [50%] (1d100=92) - Fail

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:54 pm
by ghill
Jacob,IDEA roll please: if successful Jacob realises the woman's slow single mindedness might be used to his advantage ie pinning her out of reach with a chair or table or dodging into another room and then running out and shutting the door behind him etc.

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:19 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg attempts to dodge the knife as he glances around for something else he could use to disrupt the man, like maybe a top-heavy bookshelf.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:55 pm
by ghill
Greg moves around throwing chairs and furniture infront of the old man, but there is nothing to topple onto him. If the nimble manner with which he moves himself around the obstacles which Greg tries to put in his way is anything to go by though, he'd probably just skip out from under it anyway.

Finnally, a look of exasperation on his face the old man lunges at Greg if Greg can't get away from under the blow he's going to be seriously hurt

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:10 pm
by ImpInTraining
Dodge - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3540745/]Dodge (46%) (1d100=98)[/url]
"For goodness sake! I'm a doctor!" Greg exclaims as he fails to get out of the way of the knife. His years of book-learning had garnered him a good idea of what sort of damage had been done by the strike. It wasn't good, but he'd live, as long as he could avoid more blows.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:30 pm
by royya
Idea (1d100=50) - Success.

Jacob will try to mislead the woman into the other room and bar it with a chair or something. unless there is a key in the key hole.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:36 pm
by ghill
Jacobs blood dribbles down the old womans chin as Jacob leads her towards what looks like a bedroom.
Jacob getting out alive,Jacob will need to give me a DEX roll to avoid the woman as he ducks out of the room at the end of the next turn, failure means she'll get to try and grapple him again.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:29 pm
by ImpInTraining
Having been injured and with the man not seeming to let up any, Greg decided that he had to kill or be killed. He popped open the knife that was in his hand and gave it his best effort to try to attack the man where vital tendons might be.
ooc,I know ... a called shot would even be harder than a normal shot. He's not really trying to aim his attacks, but his mind is working all along, running through old anatomy classes. Let me know when I can roll to hit.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:19 am
by ghill
The Old man chuckles to himself when he sees Gregs knife almost waving his own in Greg's face as if to say "his is a propper knife". His overconfidence leads to him swinging at Greg to early and the young doctor is able to easily step out of the way, then step in for a blow of his own.

OOC: Greg' Attack.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:35 am
by ImpInTraining
knife check,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3541708/]Knife (untrained) (1d100=8)[/url] Greg has no knife skill outsideof the default. I'm not sure if it hit or not. Feel free to roll damage for me if you please.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:01 am
by ghill
The Old man realises to late that Greg has a knife, and throws up his arm to protect himself. Greg feels the blade cut into the mans forearm and blood soons stains the white cotton shirt.

The man glances quickly at the injury and then back at Greg although this time with new found respect.

Over the mans shoulder Greg can see Jacob walking backwards out of the room the old woman stumbling after him.

Outside in the car Liz sees a police car going past, its not crawling but does seem to be going slower than the empty road would allow.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:21 pm
by royya
Dex roll (1d100=28) - Success

Jacob slips pass the old woman and shut the door close. Now he can focus on the old man and help Greg.

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:23 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg felt terrible. He wasn't supposed to be causing people injuries, he was a doctor! But he had determined it was life or death. Either he was going to do something about this man that was attacking him, or he was going to die in the progress.

Greg lunged in towards the man's neck, hoping to cut the jugular artery.
Knife Attack,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3542281/]Knife attack at the old man (1d100=16)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3542282/]Knife damage if applicable (1d4=1)[/url]

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Is the Audi parked in a legal spot (I believe we parked behind the store, and I made sure it was out of the CCTV camera's field of view), and does it look like the cops have seen it yet? If the answer is yes to the first and no to the second, [b]Liz[/b] will lean her seat back and lie down so that it looks like the car is empty. Is the police car visible physically, or only via the CCTV camera? Also, is [b]Clay[/b] ever going to answer his phone?

"Coppers are driving down the street nearby, slow," Liz reports via the Bluetooth. She watches the live CCTV feed from the camera in front of the store carefully to keep an eye on the police car if it appears. "There isn't much traffic, so they don't need to go slow. They may be heading your way, so consider getting out of there first chance you get. I'm ringing Clay, but he hasn't picked up yet."

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:50 am
by ghill
Liz/Clay,As I understood it you are all on a conference call, so Clay is listening in, if not he answers almost instantly to any call from Liz.

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Okay, then we'll assume he's been listening in the whole time. One of the others asked me to call him earlier, which is why I did. Can you please describe the positions of the cars?

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:09 pm
by ghill
OOC:CARS,The Arcade sits facing the street, this is the street which the police car has just driven down and out of sight. Liz is parked approx 100m's up the road from the shop on a side street, she is able to see the front of the shop as well as the access road to the rear of the arcade.

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:05 am
by ghill
The man tries to twist out of Greg's way but Greg's knife still cuts down the mans back opening a cut which Greg know's will need stitches later. However, the man chops at Greg's outstretched arm and comes close to taking Gregs hand off.

Meanwhile, on the otherside of the room Jacob finds himself in a small cramped bedroom with only a single bed and a small bedside table, the old woman follows him in fiercly intent on grappling with him. Now all he has to do is dodge past her and slam the door closed!
OOC: Jacob,Jacob needs to make an opposed DEX roll to beat the Old womans DEX

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:49 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz continues to monitor the window displaying the video from the CCTV camera with a view of the front of the shop to see if the police show up.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:21 am
by royya
Jacob tries to slip past the old woman and shutqlock the door behind him.

Dex roll (1d100=46)

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:48 am
by ghill
Clearly all those hours spent down the squash club pay off as Jacob sidesteps round the old woman and out the door slamming it behind him.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:20 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Could really use some help," Greg said. "I don't know how long my luck will hold."

He made a sweeping feint, then jabbed with the knife's blade and his aim was true once more. But subconsciously perhaps, he was still holding back from doing some real damage. "Back off, buddy... before you get really hurt!"

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:41 pm
by ghill
Perhaps it is the fact that he has been cut again which makes the man take a bit more notice of his surroundings, but the man now seems to realise he is alone and dashes at the open window.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:11 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,The one overlooking the garage?

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:18 pm
by royya
Jacob hurries after the man, hoping to land a fist on his face. if not, he hopes the old man swiftness will cause him to fall from the unbalanced and bad shaped roof.

"Liz, the old man is trying to escape. stop him somehow .... think about something."

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:46 pm
by ImpInTraining
OOC,any chance I can throes the table on end to block the window?

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"Right, I'm on it," replies Liz, knowing exactly what to do. "And please stop using our bloody names where people can hear." She doesn't want to leave the car and the computer unattended, but there's little choice. She shuts down the motor, takes the keys and the bear spray, and exits the car. She locks it and pockets the keys, then heads up the alley behind the shop to where she can intercept anyone escaping from it.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 am
by ghill
A Step back please,Royya the old man is behind you and out of your field of view - at this point you are closing the door remember. - so you'll need a spot hidden to understand what is going on if you fail - no phone call/Liz sits unawares. Imp the old man is moving really fast - so an opposed DEX roll please. MrH if the man does leave via the back Liz will see him in the camera feed and can act accordingly.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
Opposed Dex Check,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3559165/]Opposed Dex roll (1d100=44)[/url]

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:30 pm
by ghill
Greg's flips the table end over end, it clips the old man's foot as he jumps out the window. Both Greg and Jacob hear the garage roof give way with a resounding crash.

Looking out the window Greg can see a shaken but still conscious Old man getting to his feet surrounded by dust and broken roofing panels.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,What do I roll to use myself as a weapon - dive bomb...

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 pm
by royya
Jacob decides to block the door room with a chair or a table or something heavy enough so the old woman will not be able to escape the bedroom.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 am
by ghill
Greg,It will be a [b]difficult Jump[/b] it will also entail significant bodily damage if Greg fails - broken bones or similar.
Jacob,Jacob grabs a nearby chair and jams it under the door handle, just as the door shakes in its frame from a massive blow on the other side.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg gives up the thought of pursuit of the man. He's no fine physical specimen, he's a doctor. He'd already suffered a cut that needed to be cleaned and probably sewn up. A fall like that might kill him. He knew the man wasn't likely to wave down the police, there'd be too many questions. He kind of hoped the police would get involved. What the hell was he doing? He was no hero. His left hand clutched his injury where he was bleeding through his shirt while his right hand - still gripping the knife tightly - shook uncontrollably. Greg never had a problem with nerves while he was in surgery, but this wasn't surgery by any means.

Over the Bluetooth, Greg called, "The old man is fast... faster than I've ever seen anyone. I'm damned lucky he didn't kill me. But he crashed through the garage roof and now he's on the ground. I can't pursue. He'd be long gone by the time I got down." He keeps an eye on the man to see which way he heads off to before leaving the window.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:10 pm
by ghill
The old man scrambles up the fallen roof and drops down into the alley and out of sight to Greg.
Liz,Liz suddenly notices an old man appear in the window for the fixed cameras live feed, he has dark trousers and a white ethnic shirt covered in what she assumes in blood. He momentarily looks back over his shoulder then is off at a sprint. It looks like he is making for a fence behind which is some rough ground, before the back of another row of houses

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:47 pm
by royya
That old hag bit me in the face
Jacob says to Greg as he goes and takes a kitchen towel to wipe the blood from his face.
She is locked in the room. Come on, that old man probably went to call for help. Let's hope Clay will arrive soon. Let us start the search quickly. We need to find clues about the girl and the exit.
Jacob tries to find anything that might be a clue that will tell them who are the couple as he hands the towel to Greg.
Keep the towel, we cannot leave it here.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:05 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,If the old man dropped his knife prior to making his hasty exit, Greg picks it up.
Greg says for those on the Bluetooth, "He's in the alley now, out of sight. We're starting our search." He uses the towel as a makeshift bandage for the time being to slow the blood and start clotting.

Greg nodded to Jacob, "Right... let's go." Without further hesitation, he heads downstairs into the tattoo parlor. "I just don't know what to think about this, Jacob. Those tattoos... they were moving. And the way the guy moved with such speed... it was inhuman."

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:25 pm
by royya
Greg, can you somehow treat my nose? (*first aid?)
Jacob says to Greg before the later goes down to the shop

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg responded, "Time is of the essence. We don't know how long we have before he brings reinforcements... and if they all have tattoos, God help us." He glanced back to Jacob and said nodding, "I'll mend you up soon enough... if you think you can handle the pain a little bit longer."

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg responded, "Time is of the essence. We don't know how long we have before he brings reinforcements... and if they all have tattoos, God help us." He glanced back to Jacob and said nodding, "I'll mend you up soon enough... if you think you can handle the pain a little bit longer."

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:34 am
by ghill
royya wrote:Greg, can you somehow treat my nose? (*first aid?)
Jacob says to Greg before the later goes down to the shop

When Greg looks at Jacob he realises there is a chunk bitten out of his left cheek and blood is streaming down his face. It certainly needs first aid.

Behind them there is another loud bang as something heavy slams into the door.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:00 am
by Mr. Handy

"Bloody hell, he moves fast," says Liz into the Bluetooth. "I'll never catch him, and I'm not sure what I could do if I did."
OOC,Is he heading in my general direction, or away from it. If he's moving this way, I can try to pursue him as planned earlier. Otherwise, there really is no chance and I'll stay where I am.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:17 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg winced at looking towards Jacob's face, then said over the Bluetooth "Well, if you can't get the car started and run the sucker over, how about just getting a first aid kit handy? Not sure if I trust the cloth in this place to do less damage than good." Greg was trying to go down the stairs as quickly as he could. He wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:47 am
by ghill
"Bloody hell, he moves fast," says Liz into the Bluetooth. "I'll never catch him, and I'm not sure what I could do if I did."
OOC,Is he heading in my general direction, or away from it. If he's moving this way, I can try to pursue him as planned earlier. Otherwise, there really is no chance and I'll stay where I am.
OOC:,He is moving right to left across Liz's front but is still behind the row of shops. He would almost certainly reach the fence before Liz could get to him with the car. On foot Liz doubts she has any chance of catching him.

Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 pm
by royya
Go down, I will come shortly
Jacob says and nods toward the room where he locked the old woman in. He grabs the kitchen table and pull it so he can brace it against the chair he placed under the door knob. When he finish, he goes down to join Greg

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Realizing that it's probably futile to chase the man, Liz remains where she is inside the car and rummages around for a first aid kit or something that could be used in a pinch while keeping an eye on the various windows displaying the video on her laptop. "I'll do my best," she says. "I'll keep watch out here to see if anyone shows up and warn you if company's coming. Try to find what you need fast, though, and make sure you leave out the back. It's a good thing the camera there isn't recording what's going on now."
OOC,[b]Greg[/b]'s character sheet has both a medical bag and a first aid kit listed. If they aren't on his person, hopefully they're in the car.

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:54 am
by ghill
First aid kit,There is a first aid kit in the car which will be adequate. As a medical proffessional I'm happy for Greg to be carrying some kind of first responder first aid kit on his belt.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 am
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Yeah, it wasn't a legitimate request... he was just making conversation and letting the people on the phone know they're injured. Didn't figure he'd be bringing his medical bag in on a job like this, but a belted first response kit ... yeah, why not?

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:01 am
by ghill
OK well first aid will take about 5 minutes for each first aid roll.

After which Greg and Jacob need to decide where they are going to search first. The shop downstairs or the flat (if at all).

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,If they aren't just bleeding out all over the place, Greg prefers to hold off on the first aid because he doesn't want to be here when those old man jack spry comes back. Greg was already heading downstairs.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 am
by royya
Jacob is going to search the flat, keeping his ears on the old woman that is locked in the bedroom.
ooc,What the flat looks like, how big it is, can you outline it for me, maybe a little sketch?

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:23 pm
by ghill
Jacob takes a look around the flat. Half of the flat is the sitting room/diner it hasn't been decorated since the late 1940's early 50's, appart from the destruction caused by the fight the room is otherwise neat and tidy, but this is perhaps due to the complete lack of decoration and personal effects.

The remaining half of the flat is split between the bedroom and a walk in galley kitchen and a bathroom just large enough for a half length bath a small toilet and half size washbasin with the latter two connected to the sitting room by a small corridor.

The flat currently smells strongly of vinegar from the spilt bowl which was being used to tan skin.

Down stairs Greg opens a solid wood door into the shops small backroom. The walls are decorated with centrefolds, and telephone booth cards. Newspapers and magazines lie scattered around on shelves and floor, mostly in Albanian. There is also an intercom on one wall, connected through the ceiling to the flat above. Most of the floor space it taken up by a large weight bench the only other furniture being a couple of chairs and a small desk tucked into the corner.

A beed covered doorway leads into the front of the shop

This is not a place where a child could be kept for any length of time. There's no bedding, little food, and poor security - anyone walking in from the street would spot her. She might have been kept in the flat above.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:48 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg takes some time to rifle through the desk.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm
by ghill
There is a pile of on the desk, all a few days old, all with stories relating to Elira and the security breach at Heathrow. The desk has a number of unopened envelopes all addressed to one Idriz Patrella. There is are two side draws but they are shut and locked.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Anyone any good with locked desk drawers?" Greg asked over the bluetooth.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:27 pm
by royya
Greg.
Jacob address the doctor on the Bluetooth
I wonder to whom the skin in the bowl belongs too, can you identify if this one belongs to our missing child?
He goes to the bathroom and tries to find any evidence for someone cutting skin over there, maybe in a trash bin.
Greg ... maybe there are clues in the bedroom but I will need your help with the old hag, we need to bring her down somehow and search the bedroom.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg looked around for something to force the desk drawers open.

"Ix-nay on the Ames-nay, guy. I'll be up soon. Find something to collect a sample of the tissue with and we'll test it later for answers."

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, you've got to stop with the names," replies Liz. "If you've got to call me something, call me Chloe. I can't help with the drawer. Our friend who isn't here might be able to, but of course he isn't here."

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:05 am
by ghill
Clayton voice comes over the conference call. "Don't worry about anything subtle, you're not going to have the time to tidy up after yourselves so it really doesn't matter unless your in the habit of doing this sort of thing....Oh and the names, yeah you have to stop with that."

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:32 am
by royya
Sorry ... hmm... doc.
Jacob answers back as he open drawers and cabinets in the bathroom.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:14 pm
by ghill
Upstairs: In one drawer jacob finds a set of what appear to be small gold combs and rakes, all carefully wrapped up in a beautifully soft piece of decorated leather.

Downstairs: Greg breaks the lock of the drawer with a weight from the weight bench. Inside he finds what looks to be the shops accounts, which he stuffs into his jacket.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:11 pm
by ImpInTraining
If there's nothing left to check downstairs, Greg heads back up to Jacob.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:25 pm
by ghill
There is the front of the shop which looks like an old barbers shop. Threadbare armchairs sit between side tables covered in old magazines, and a pair of reconditioned dentist chairs sit in two workstations, with stools for the artists, and a sparse amount of tattooing equipment - sealed sterile packs of needles, spare ink, tracing paper and marker pens etc.

Unlike most tattoo shops, the walls are not covered with examples of the owner’s work; there are a few tourist posters from Albania, nothing else.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:21 pm
by royya
Guys...
Jacob speaks to his bluetooth
I Found small gold combs and rakes ... we did said something about the Albanians trade with gold right?
He wrap it back with the leather and pocket it.
Hmm.. Gr... Doc, we need to check the hag, quickly, before we leave.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:27 pm
by Mr. Handy

"That's right," says Liz, still monitoring the video. "Pieces like that will be recognizable, though."

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg responded, "Yeah, coming back up now. See if you can find something to bind her with... some rope, a sheet..."

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:43 pm
by royya
When Greg comes up Jacob spread the plan to the doc quietly
Be quiet, she is blind bur hear quiet good I believe.
We need to flank her and punch her in the head. Hmmm...
Jacob goes to the kitchen to find some olive oil or something similar. He takes it and pour the oil on the floor just before of the door.
Psstt...
He nods to Greg and motion with his hands telling that he hopes the old woman will slip on the oil and this will be a good moment to punch the prone woman.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg grabs something small and hard that he can throw across the room to make noise against the far wall. He looks about for a curtain, drapery, rug, blanket, or the like to throw over the woman once she fell to keep her from flailing around.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:55 am
by ghill
There is another loud crunch as something heavy slams against the door. The only thing Greg can see which are readily available to throw over the woman are the flimsy net curtains which hang from the windows.

Outside Liz watches as the police car returns and pulls into the access road at the front of the parade of shops from her vantage point she can clearly see the police are looking at the shops.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:27 pm
by royya
And here we go...
Jacob says and ready himself to punch the old woman as she, hopefully, slip on the little pool of oil he poured before the door.
He then grabs the table he placed before the chair and kicks out the chair that held the door knob.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:53 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg tears down a curtain and doubles it up waiting for the woman to slip and fall.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:02 am
by Mr. Handy

"Guys," Liz reports, "the coppers are moving down the street in front of the shop, and they're looking around. If they hear any noise in there, they'll check it out. Be careful, and get ready to get out the back." She keeps an eye on the police to see what they do.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:07 am
by royya
Stop them... ask for some directions or help with the car. Tell them you hear noise from the engine.
Jacob responds to Liz as he waits for the woman to bash the door

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 am
by ghill
The chair clatters to the ground and moments later the door springs open as the woman crashes against it again. She shuffles out of the room and while she seems momentarily unsteady on the oily floor she continues to move slowly towards Greg (Jacob is out of her field of vision)
OOC: Greg,[b]SAN[/b] test please. As the woman zeroes in on and then starts stumbling towards Greg his trained eye strats to pick out worrying details. It is clear the old woman is clearly blind, her eyes are a milky white. More worryingly however, the blueish tinge to her ears lips and nose along with the lividity of her hands would indicate she is showing post mortem hyperstatis indicating she has been dead for several hours.
Outside Liz observes the police car pull up outside a small news agents a couple of doors down from the tattooists and the two policemen get out of their car.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:55 pm
by ImpInTraining
Sanity - Succeeds,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3577452/]Sanity check (85%) (1d100=62)[/url]
Greg says, "Uh... that's weird. She's a walking dead. Thought those only existed in the horror flicks..." he motioned to the ground and then made a pushing gesture for Jacob.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"It's too bloody late for that, chaps," replies Liz. "They just stopped two doors down from the shop and got out. By the time I get round the front, they'll be inside. It's time to leg it."

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:06 pm
by royya
What do you mean dead ?
Jacob asks, quite surprised that the old woman stabilized herself. He pop out from his hiding place and lower a punch on her head.
She seem very alive, and stubborn I must say

Punch [50%] (1d100=69)
OOC,I wonder if there is an occult role for “how to defeat a zombie” according to the Jewish Kabbalah tradition

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:42 am
by ImpInTraining
"On the contrary," Greg says. "She's been dead for at least several hours. She apparently doesn't know it yet." He brings his knife to bear and tries to strike at the lady only if she grabs at him. "We should probably leave. I don't know if you can kill something that's already dead." That being said, he backs his way to the window that they entered.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:42 am
by royya
Jacob decides to say the Kaddish mourn pray that is used to be said when someone dies as he begin to step away to the window after Greg. Hopefully, the pray will repel the woman away from him.
"We can always say we were dragged over here by them and managed to escape"

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:05 pm
by ghill
Despite Jacob's prayers the woman continues to follow after both men towards the window, there is no question in either mans mind that when they reach the window one or the other of them is going to have to defend themselves while the other climbs through the window.

Outside, Liz watches a young asian man and a woman come to the door of their shop where they start talking to the police indicating towards the flat above the tattooists, they are clearly irate (lots of hand gestures and gesticulating on their behalf, lots of placating body language on the behalf of the policemen).

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:53 pm
by royya
Get out, I'll stop her.
Jacob says to Greg

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:02 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg doesn't hesitate to take the opportunity to shimmy out the window, and if there is no garage to climb on anymore, he will dangle down, gripping the window ledge with his hands to minimize the distance he had to fall.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"The coppers are talking to an Asian couple out front," reports Liz. "They're pointing up at the flat above the shop and they're rather agitated. The coppers are trying to calm them down."

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:18 am
by ghill
As Greg drops back onto the wall outside he can see the woman lurching towards Jacob, arms outstretched and teeth bared.

Outside the Asian couple and the police continue to discuss matters. Clearly, the young couple are taking this opportunity to get a number of matters off their chest.
OOC: Greg,[b]DEX[/b] roll please - as long as you don't fumble you drop onto the ledge, fumble and you'll need to make a [b]jump[/b] roll as you drop into the garage.
OOC: Jacob,Now the woman is up close and considering Greg has told you she is dead can I have a [b]SAN[/b] roll please. Jacob is faster than the woman so may take his action first. However, as already discussed the woman will be able to attack him before he climbs out of the window.
OOC: Liz,A [b]Psychology[/b] roll will give Liz some insight into what is going on - essentially this is clearly one of many incidents when the couple have complained about their neighbours.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:01 pm
by royya
SAN roll (1d100=77) - Fail
Hashem Ishmor!
Cries Jacob as he sees the woman once more and realizes that she is really a dead woman.
How can it be? Zombies are nothing but fiction, unless she is alive but carries a disease of some sort.
He thinks to himself, intending to protect himself.
Doc, let me help you to get down safety. I will attract her attention to me.
Being faster then the old woman, Jacob decides to confuse her and make her follow him instead of the doc.
He circles the woman and rush to the bedroom (remembering to jump above the oil where he locked her before, slamming the door behind him.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:41 am
by ImpInTraining
Dex Check - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3584360/]Dex Check (dex 13) (1d100=38)[/url]
Quickly, Greg crawled out to the section of garage that hadn't fallen through and crossed over to the back side so he could drop down to safety. He took his time with that though, making sure to try to drop down in a controlled fashion to minimize damage.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz watches the conversation closely, picking up on body language even though she cannot hear their voices or read their lips.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 am
by ghill
Jacob tried to dodge past the old woman but in his haste tripped over a fallen chair. As he scrambled to his feet he felt the old woman's vice like grip on his shoulder and found himself pulled to his feet and into her embrace.
OOC: Jacob,Jacob needed to dodge past the woman before the rest of his action unfolded. Make a [b]Dodge[/b] roll and we can consider the old woman's grip on Jacob's arm broken, otherwise she has successfully grappled him and will get a free attack next round. Can I also have a [b]INT[/b] roll please

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 am
by royya
Dodge roll (1d100=98) - Fail. eek! :o

Jacob loses his balance and is surprised by the woman's strength as she "hugs" him. The panicked Rabbi thinks fast, hoping an idea will come up to save him from this mess.

INT check (1d100=74) - Success.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:56 pm
by ghill
Jacob struggled to get out of the womans grip but only succeeded in pulling her down on top of him.
OOC: Jacob,Eek indeed! Next round the woman is going to try and bite (physically injure) Jacob to do this she needs to succeed in another grapple roll. Jacob can only escape by making a [b]STR roll[/b] of his own against a target 11 - so a roll of 45% or less in Jacob's case. The IDEA roll was to remember that there is no other exit from the bedroom.
OOC: Greg,Greg drops safely to the ground, aware that Jacob has not followed him and that there is a lot of noise still coming from the room through the open window.
OOC: Liz,With a sense of capitulation the two policemen slowly walk over towards the door of the tattooists

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:13 pm
by royya
Help me...
Jacob cries over the bluetooth to his friends as he failes to break the grapple of the dead woman.

STR roll (1d100=58) - Fail.
OOC,If Jacob dies maybe I can take over Clay?

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:33 pm
by ghill
Jacob struggles to lift the woman's as she bears down on him but he does manage to jam an elbow under chin preventing her snapping teeth getting any closer.
OOC: Same again,She missed her grapple roll this time.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 pm
by royya
Jacob tries to lift the woman's jaw and push her away from him but fails, the old hag is strong and weights like his mailman - more then 100 kg he guess.

STR check (1d100=53) - Fail.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy

"The coppers are coming up to the front door of the shop now," says Liz. "What the bloody hell is going on up there? I don't know what I can do from down here, but if you scream real loud I'm sure the coppers will hear."
OOC,DId I get any insights from my successful Psychology roll? And did I hear the "zombie" talk earlier?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:43 am
by royya
H E L P !!!!!!!
Jacob screams out aloud
As his senses tell him that if he will not get any help the dead woman will kill him. Better to be questioned by the police then being bitten to death by the walking dead.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:55 am
by ghill
The old woman's jaw snaps shut just inches away from Jacob's face, her breath smells of stale wood smoke and burnt meat.

Everyone is deafened by Jacob's cry for help over their headsets, out the front the two policemen stop as if to listen.
OOC: Greg,NB Even if the police don't hear Jacob's calls for help, they will almost certainly come around to the back of the shop when no one answers the door.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:11 pm
by royya
STR check (1d100=88) - Fail.

Jacob tries again to break the old woman's hold but fails.
God, give me the power!
He cries over the bluetooth

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:55 pm
by ghill
OOC: Liz,I'll allow that Liz hears the zombie talk although, if she wants to take it seriously it requires a SAN roll. The results of the a successful psychology roll were with the comment - basically this clearly isn't the first time the asian couple have had trouble with their neighbours.

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:48 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, [b]Liz[/b] isn't taking the zombie talk seriously. She just thinks the old lady bites people. I just wanted to know whether or not she heard it to figure out how she should react. I have some funny lines in mind for her. I didn't realize that you'd already given me what I'd get from the Psychology roll when you asked me to make the roll. I thought that that was a freebie, and that the Psychology roll would reveal more.

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:44 am
by ghill
OOC: Just Pausing for a bit until Imp has an opportunity to post.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:20 am
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Thanks... should be back to relative normalcy now.
Greg looks up to the window he had just escaped from and then to the car where Liz waits. He shrugs, then says over the BlueTooth connection, "Do you want me to come back up?" He was uncertain what to do. To go up would almost certainly mean being busted by the cops, and maybe partially devoured. But not going up meant Jacob could die at the hands and teeth of a crazy, hungry, mostly-dead woman. "What should I do?"

In an instant he gets an idea. "Liz... take the car and go," then he darts around out of the alley and toward the police. "Officers! Quickly! Someone's calling for help up there! I think someone's life is in danger!" He knew with reasonable suspicion the police would have all the authority in the world to enter the premises. And it would be better if they saw the old lady before she was killed - again. The mortician would break the truth and hopefully that would buy some leverage with the police station in Jacob's defense.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hang about, got to cover our tracks first," says Liz. "And please watch it with the names." She prepares to restore the CCTV camera in the alley to the way it was before she had interfered with it, so that it would once again record a live feed, but she needs to wait until Greg is no longer in its field of view.
OOC,I think it'll be some time before [b]Greg[/b] makes it around to the front of the shop, during which time the constables may already have gone inside and [b]Jacob[/b] still needs to keep fighting for his life. I'll wait on resetting the camera for now, as the situation may have changed. If [b]Jacob[/b] does escape out the window, I don't want the camera recording him.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:11 am
by ghill
OOC: Gregs plan.,As Mr Handy correctly sumises I think it'll be some time before Greg makes it around to the front of the shops although if he is shouting at the top of his voice he can alert the police. Liz and the car are about 100m further up the road so reasonable safe from discovery.
OOC: LIz,The policemen have reached the door to the tattooists, while one starts knocking on the door the other takes a step back to look at the top floor window and use his radio.
Upstairs the old woman continues to struggle with Jacob, her teeth snapping close to his face but not quite making it

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:49 pm
by Mr. Handy

"One of them's knocking on the door now," reports Liz. "The other is looking at the upstairs window out front and calling it in on his radio. He prolly can't see in from down there, though."

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:59 pm
by royya
Jacob tries again to break the woman's hold.

STR roll (1d100=47)

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:51 pm
by ghill
With one final desperate heave Jacob manages to heave the woman off and scramble to his feet.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,tell me when I can act again.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:39 pm
by ghill
OOC:Greg,I'm assuming you're moving towards the end of the alley to head towards the cops? You certainly wont be alerted to Jacobs success for a good few seconds as it occurs in the new round after Greg made his plan. Happy for Greg to have a change of mind though.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:57 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg is pushing forward with his plan - he has no reason to think Jacob is out of danger yet. Neither does Jacob for that matter.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:08 pm
by royya
Throwing the woman away, Jacob decides that there is a chance she will catch him if he will stay in the place so he decides to use the window again, hoping to escape her nasty teeth without crushing to the street.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:09 am
by ghill
Jacob climbs through the window and onto the ledge of the garage, he then lowers himself into the wreckage of the garage below. He is unlocking the garage doors when the woman slams into the window. She does not pursue him but simply stands rigid as though at attention, watching as he steps through the garage door and into the alley at the rear of the arcade.

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:07 pm
by royya
Jacob breath heavily, cleaning his face with his sleeve. He then looks to his right and to his left, trying to figure which way is the easy one to escape.
I'm ... down, alive ....
He speaks over the bluetooth

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:49 pm
by ghill
Ways out,The Alley runs the length of the shopping arcade, the tattoists is towards the northern end of the arcade and the road is approximately 50m in that direction or approximately 150m if he heads towards the southern exit. Alternatively, Jacob can climb the wire fence on the other side of the alley and head off across the rough ground to the rear.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank God," says Liz. "Make sure you close the door behind you and leave everything as it was when you arrived. It has to look good for the camera, but I'll wait to flip it back to live video until you're clear. Both of you come back to the car."

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:51 am
by ghill
OOC Liz,The first policeman is now hammering loudly against the door, while his colleague continues talking into his radio all the while walking backwards towards the north end of the arcade (basically watching his colleague bang on the door while he walks away)
CCTV Camera Images,Checking her live feed for the first time in several minues Liz realises the images now differ considerably due to the fact that the garage roof has collapsed.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:33 pm
by royya
Jacob heads towards the southern exit.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:19 pm
by ImpInTraining
OOC,does Greg have opportunity to change his action or is he already around front?

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:27 pm
by ghill
OOC: Greg,Greg is nearly at the northern end of the arcade when he hears Jacob over the earpiece.
Locations/Situations,Jacob in the alley to the rear of the shops and moving southwards, Greg also in the alley to the rear of the shops but now near the northern end of the arcade, Liz in the car approx 100m to the North of the arcade parked in a convenient side street. Both men can take another 1HP damage from their exertions without having had any medical aid of any kind.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"One of the coppers is heading to the north end of the arcade," says Liz as she works feverishly on the laptop. "Make sure he doesn't see you. There's a bleeding great discontinuity in the video thanks to the broken roof, but I may be able to fix it in editing. Get out of the camera's line of sight fast, and don't forget to close the garage doors you just opened, but change nothing else. I have to go live soon." She tries to retrieve the footage of the old man crashing through the garage roof from the laptop's cache and tinker with the timestamp as best she can in order to splice it into the live video feed, thus making it appear that the man crashed through the garage roof in the present as opposed to a minute or two ago. Once that footage runs, she plans to then switch over to the live feed, though she leaves enough time for Greg and Jacob to finish up and get clear of the camera. She manages to do a competent job.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:10 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg puts his hand over his cut and applies direct pressure to minimize bleeding. Meanwhile, he ignores the pain and hauls ass to the car, paying attention to the camera spot of focus and keeping an eye out for the cop in hopes of avoiding both

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:24 pm
by ghill
The policeman is still looking back towards his colleague when Greg exits the alley and starts towards the car, when he does turn around and walk into the alley Greg is already some distance away and the policeman seems to ignore him.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:00 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz hurries to feed the edited footage of the old man fleeing into the camera and then to switch over to the live feed before the constable enters the camera's range. If there isn't enough time for that, she'll have to buffer the live feed and then input it to the camera after a delay of a few seconds. She can make up the time gradually once the policeman enters the rear of the building and is no longer visible by eliminating a frame every second until it catches up with the live feed.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:35 pm
by ImpInTraining
Reaching the car, Greg gets on and starts administering medical treatment on his injury.
OOC,roll for me please, posting from work from my phone.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:09 pm
by ghill
Greg is all fingers and thumbs, unable to properly apply first aid to his injured arm he stuffs some painkillers in his mouth and applies pressure to the wound.
Gregs injury,Greg wont take any further damage to his arm while sitting in the car.
ooC: Liz,Liz can no longer see the policeman and has no idea when he will appear in view of the fixed camera observing the back of the shop. She is not however finished with everything she needs to do.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'll try to help you in a bit," says Liz, her fingers flying as she does her impromptu video editing. "Got to get this transition just right first, and I don't have much time before that copper walks into the picture. I'll probably have to buffer the live feed and then make up the time later when he's no longer in view. Dropping a frame every so often will allow it to catch up with the present before long and won't be noticeable. They do it all the time when they convert NTSC to PAL, and I can't tell the difference when I watch American videos."

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:37 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg forced a smile as he said, "No hurry on my account. The wound has clotted, but I need some stitches, for sure, to keep it from reopening under exertion."

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:32 pm
by ghill
Jacob reaches the end of the alley without being stopped, his shirt is covered in blood and he has left a trail of blood for anyone who is inclined to look, the bite on his cheek continues to bleed.
OOC: Royya,Added this just in case you were waiting on me. Jacob takes another 1HP damage from all the exhertion.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:16 pm
by royya
I'm on the other side of the street doc, my face bleeds, please come and give me a ride.
Jacob speaks into the bluetooth as he moans in agony

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg starts the car and looks to make sure no traffic is coming and that the hacking is done before pulling out and picking up Jacob.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz slides over into the shotgun seat, still typing furiously. "We'll pick you up as soon as we can," she says in to the Bluetooth. "Doing a bit of important and delicate camera work, and time is critical. If the copper follows you, you'll need to keep ahead of him on foot, but with luck he'll go in through the rear and back up his partner. Doc, if you want, I can get out on foot with the laptop while you spin by and pick him up."

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:11 pm
by royya
hurry ... I'm about to be cheek less.
Jacob replies, trying to amuse himself somewhat

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:02 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg nodded to Liz, "All right, I'll be right back to pick you up.". After Liz departs the vehicle, he pulls it around near Jacob. "Try not to bleed on the upholstery," he said with a grin. He was just happy to be alive and had a bit of an adrenaline rush going on.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:18 am
by ghill
With one final key stroke Liz puts the two image streams together, happy enough that any initial investigation will be happy enough with the CCTV evidence. She watches as Greg drives down to the end of the arcade and a clearly injured Jacob lurch over to the car and climb in. Greg then turns the car around and drives back to pick her up. The policeman outside the tatooists takes no notice involved once again in an argument with the neighbours.

OOC: Gents, lets consider that the end of this scene and that you have found somewhere safe to lie up while Greg sorts out injuries (first aid rolls) and you discuss you next move. Clay still has the house under observation and when your finished I'll post his report and you can act on it or not. I'd add that at this point both Greg and Jacob look as though they have been in a serious fight, Jacob's clothes especially are covered in blood from his head wound.
OOC: Liz,NB the CCTV evidence will only hold up for so long, if they go back far enough the damage to the roof will simply appear, on top of which neighbours are going to raise questions about when and how the roof was damadged - however any visual evidence of Greg and Jacob entering the property has been removed.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg was coming down from his adrenaline, and developing a bit of a migraine. He was simply not able to do much for Jacob in the way of first aid.
First Aid - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3613219/]First Aid on Jacob (60%) (1d100=70)[/url]
ooc,You rolled first aid for Greg on himself, should I roll again? Should I switch to medicine for Jacob? Should I give the others a chance to try first?

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 pm
by ghill
OOC: First Aid/Medicine All,Actually forget rolls as a trained medical proffessional under non stress conditions Greg is going to have no problems dealing with these wounds - so roll results as though he'd made successful FA rolls for himself and Jacob . Subsequent treatment is medicine, in addition a medicine roll is going to be required or Jacob is going to have a pretty horific scar on his face.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:01 pm
by ImpInTraining
First Aid to Jacob - +3 HP,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3613306/]First Aid results on Jacob (1d3=3)[/url]
First Aid to Greg - +1 HP,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3613307/]First Aid results on Greg (1d3=1)[/url]
Medicine to Jacob - Botch!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3613310/]Medicine (60%) on Jacob (to prevent scarring) (1d100=100)[/url]
ooc,Invisible Castle hates me.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:34 pm
by royya
Guess I'll have to grow beard like the Orthodox...
The reformist Kabala rabbi sighs.
We should rest and change cloths, then we’ll contact Clay and see what is happening. We need to know who lives there in the apartment above the shop, we should console with the city records and find information about the owner of the flat and any information we might find about the dead woman.
This memory clearly going to haunt Jacob for a long time

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:32 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,What I was doing was splicing in the footage of the old man leaving through the window, falling through the roof, and fleeing over the fence into the video before switching over to the live feed, so the damage should be shown as it occurs rather than appearing out of nowhere. The timing may be off compared to what the witnesses heard, but it does happen not long after [b]Jacob[/b] made his escape, so they may think that was the old man if they compare the times. Did [b]Jacob[/b] damage the roof further when he left? If so, there's nothing that can be done about that, but I did have the camera record the original damage occurring, even though it didn't happen at that time. I have First Aid at a respectable level, so I would have at least helped even if [b]Greg[/b] has things well in hand, but I'd be careful not to get any blood on me. It's more that Invisible Castle hates [b]Jacob[/b], it seems.

"We'll have to be discreet about finding out about the owner of the flat," says Liz. "I made sure the camera didn't see us there, but people might get suspicious if we start asking questions. It would also be good to find out who owns the house we tracked those guys to. Might be better if I try to find the information online rather than inquiring in person. I'll try to bounce my search around so that it can't be traced back, just in case. This woman who attacked you, she couldn't have really been dead. She must have just been crazy and bitey. It's a good thing I don't believe in zombies, or I'd worry that you were going to turn into one after she chewed on your face." She looks down. "Uh, sorry. But at least Greg will make sure you don't get an ordinary infection. Well, shall we head down the WInchester for a pint?" She pauses, but gets only blank stares. "Sorry, Shaun of the Dead reference."

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:45 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg frowned to Liz, "Think what you want... that woman had all the signs of death." He looked at Jacob and shook his head, frustrated with his lack of proficiency. "You know, Jacob... I'm terribly sorry about this. I thought I could do something to minimize the scarring, but cosmetic surgery was never my thing. I suggest you go to the hospital to have someone else take a look at it."

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:11 am
by Mr. Handy

"Do you have any colleagues you can trust to be discreet about this?" asks Liz. "He'll need a convincing cover story about how it happened - maybe a dog bite."

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:50 am
by royya
It is too risky ... let the scar be a lesson to me not to fight zombies again.
He replies, accentuation the word zombies to Liz ... but anyone can still see that Jacob is still skeptic about the woman being dead, she is probably a very old and sick but incredibly vigorous woman.
I'll put a plaster on the wound ... give me two weeks and I'll grow a beard

Changing the topic again to the investigation he add
Liz, check out the municipal records, see if you can find information about the owner of the flat and the shop. we do know that he is an old Albanian man, probably married to the old hag.

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg responded to Liz, "All my colleges are in America, I'm afraid." He nodded to Jacob, "I am sorry though. I'm just too new at it, really." He adds, "I do need to find a laboratory. We have samples from the flat, I'd like to see it under a microscope."

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy

LIz nods and uses her laptop to try to find records online about the tattoo shop, the flat, and the house to which they had followed the vehicle earlier.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:29 am
by royya
ImpInTraining wrote:"I do need to find a laboratory. We have samples from the flat, I'd like to see it under a microscope."
Maybe Liz know some friends from the Biology school in the college ?
Jacob replies, trying to help.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:09 pm
by ghill
OOC: LOL I wouldn't let a Bsc Biology student anywhere near my face. Actually, I'm not sure I'd let a medical student anywhere near my face. Safest thing would probably be go abroad for private healthcare. Reconstructive plastic surgery in Israel at some date perhaps?

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:26 am
by Mr. Handy

"I don't know anyone that good," says Liz. "Nobody who can compare with a doctor, certainly."

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:35 am
by royya
ghill wrote:OOC: LOL I wouldn't let a Bsc Biology student anywhere near my face. Actually, I'm not sure I'd let a medical student anywhere near my face. Safest thing would probably be go abroad for private healthcare. Reconstructive plastic surgery in Israel at some date perhaps?
OOC: :lol: Ha ha ... I meant the tissues that Greg wants to check, not a reconstruction of Jacob's face. but that was hilarious.
I don't think Jacob will travel to the mid-east for a plastic surgery ... as I said, let it be a lesson not to fight zombies again. :lol:

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:40 am
by royya
Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"I don't know anyone that good," says Liz. "Nobody who can compare with a doctor, certainly."
No, I meant that maybe someone you know can give Greg an access to a laboratory in the college. Not a student that will do the tissue check for Greg.
Jacob replies, clarifying his suggestion.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:09 am
by ghill
OOC:Students,The specialist nature of British higher education establishments means it would be unlikely (but not impossible) Liz as a computer science graduate would know a Biology grad. OTOH I would expect Jacob as a solicitor involved in criminal law to already use some kind of DNA testing lab for the more pedestrian cases he's involved in (paternity cases ancestry etc)

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:51 pm
by royya
But let me chack, maybe I have a connection through the office to a local morgue and a laboratory. We did use the police to test DNA in a past murder case.
Jacob says and takes his cellular, trying to find such a number.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:27 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg nodded and kept his fingers crossed. "While I was downstairs," he said "I found a locked desk in the tattoo parlor. I jimmied it open and found these..." He pulled out a bunch of shop accounts and handed them Jacob. "There were also a lot of unopened envelopes for a Idriz Patrella. And some recent newspaper clippings about Elira and the security breach at Heathrow."

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Liz[/b] is an undergraduate, not a graduate student, and she's still a freshman at that.

"That confirms what we know," says Liz. "I wonder how they figured out where she'd been placed. I don't think that information was in any of the articles. The letters may have useful information, and the accounts will be of aid, I'm sure. I'm good with numbers. Money, not so much. I never seem to have enough of it."

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 am
by ghill
OOC: Jacob,Its late at night so Jacob will need to leave a message with the labs (not police just a private contractor) and send any samples over tomorrow by courier. [b]Credit Rating roll [/b]Please
OOC: Paperwork,Naturally, its going to take an [b]Accountancy roll [/b]to make head or tail of the book. Liz is correct there doesn't seem to be anything informative about the newspaper articles they are just that, nothing in them that you weren't already aware of.
Clay shuffles hiis feet "I don't think we're going to find out anything more without going inside, which after tonights events I'm not inclined to do on my lonesome or without some propper gear. Can someone come and get me? Oh and I'm pretty sure this is the place. Appart from the two men and the old woman there is at least one other girl in their, I didn't see her but I heard her."
OOC: About Clay,seemed easier to just assume you guys picked the poor man up, rather than left him there or RP through the whole scene.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg drove the car to pick up Clay after his lame attempts at fixing Jacob's cheek.

Once they were all together, he asked, "Anyone good with accounting?"

He looked to Clay and he said, "I wouldn't want to go alone against any of them, after what we witnessed. We need some heavier firepower before we take these guys on. They're ... augmented - for lack of a better word."

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:39 pm
by royya
ImpInTraining wrote:"There were also a lot of unopened envelopes for a Idriz Patrella. And some recent newspaper clippings about Elira and the security breach at Heathrow."
Unopened envelopes, could be the old woman?
Jacob tries to guess as he opens some of the envelopes.

Credit Rating and Accounting rolls (1d100,1d100=[41], [78]) - Both fail.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz glances at the accounts, but looking at them makes her brain hurt. "I'm rubbish at this," she says. "I've become far too dependent on computers for doing maths. I'll take a look at those letters. They're bound to have something of use in them. I just hope they're not in bloody Albanian. If they are, there's always Babelfish, but it'll lose something in the translation."

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:02 pm
by ghill
The mail is largely bill of one kind or another (electricity, gas, rates etc) there is however one letter from a travel agents which contais six (open) air tickets to Malta.

Clay looks at Greg "I can get us something a bit more lethal than the stuff you took into the flat. It wont be cheap, an unused pistol is about £800"

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:05 pm
by royya
Jacob turns to Clay
My weapon is my mouth but at court. I have nothing to do with pistols and guns.
I have a good fist thought ...

He takes the air ticket, asking from Liz to check the names on the web in addition to the name Idriz Patrella.
Jacob will make a call to his office, asking to check the names as well, maybe one or some of them had a criminal record

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 pm
by ghill
Clay gestures at Jacob's still painful face "and look how that turned out for you" he shrugs, "Look all I'm saying is, if you want the stuff I can probably get hold of it, if you don't thats your lookout. But I'm going to sort something out for myself."

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg nodded... "As much as I hate violence, we don't have much of a choice if we continue down the rabbit hole. I want to be ready for the inevitable fight we're going to find ourselves in." He scratched his chin and he said, "Maybe we should do some research on magical tattoos. I swear, it was his tattoo that made the old man fast like he was."

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz nods and Googles Idriz Patrella and the other names on the tickets, also searching for any mention of them in conjunction with Malta. "I wonder why they're going to Malta," she says. "It's not that close to Albania, but it must have some significance to them. Are they planning on taking Elira there, maybe? I think we're going to need whatever weapons we can get. These guys are going to be armed to the teeth. I've never fired a gun in my life, though, and I doubt i can afford one."

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:39 am
by ghill
Liz spends a fruitless hour or so looking for any links to Idriz Patrella but finds absolutely no reference at all with connections in London - there are some references, but these are all in Albanian where the names seems reasonably common. The properties themselves seem tied up in some kind of shell company type deal (Library Use to untangle)

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 am
by royya
OK, you convinced me. Better be prepared then finding yourself in a situation of dead end.
Jacob says, approving for Clay to get the weapons

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 am
by ghill
Clay nods "I'll see what I can do, but I'll need some cash. Any preferences?" I'll ask around about see if I can find us somewhere to get familiar with them as well."
OOC: Gats,Anyone wants Clay to provide them with a gun need to make a Credit Rating and tell him what [u]type[/u] of gun - pistol, shot gun etc - they are after.

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz follows the electronic trail of the shell company that owns the buildings and easily unravels it. "If you can get a gun for me, I'd prefer a shotgun," she says. "Prolly the easiest to use for someone untrained, and it packs a powerful punch. I have no idea how I'll pay for it."

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:21 am
by royya
Credit Rating (1d100=18) - missed by two points.

I think I'm short but I'll see what I can do.
Jacob says
A shotgun looks cumbersome to me, a pistol is somewhat light and easy I guess.

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:40 pm
by ghill
OOC: Credit Ratings checks,Failure at your credit rating doesn't imply NO cash, Although in Mr Handy's case for Liz it probably means just that - it just implies you probably haven't go as much cash immediatly availalble as is necessary for the best bit of kit out there. Liz could always try and tap her parents for some cash :)

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:27 pm
by Mr. Handy

"I suppose I can ask to borrow some money from my parents," says Liz. "If they ask what it's in aid of, I can say it's to upgrade my laptop's hardware and software. That's something plausible, expensive enough to explain why I need so much, and something they wouldn't be able to see so there's no way they can tell I didn't get it, like they would if I said I wanted to get a new computer. I hate to lie to my parents, but a little girl's life is at stake. They'd do the same if it were me."

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:22 pm
by ghill
OOC: Liz,[b]Persuade or a Fast Talk Roll [/b]please, the Fast talk will almost certainly result in questions at some point later.

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:37 pm
by Mr. Handy

Liz is unable to convince her parents to lend her the money. Maybe I should drop by Ealing Studios while I'm in the area and see if they're hiring for the summer, she thinks. I've discovered I'm quite good at video editing, so I'd make a decent vision mixer. Of course, that won't get me any money now.
OOC,One of you did take some gold from the flat above the tattoo shop. That would be valuable enough to help pay for weapons, but the pieces would be distinct and recognizable.

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:16 pm
by ghill
Clay looks at the gold pieces "I know what this stuff is for, the guy that did my tats has a set. Their like what they used to do tats in ancient times. You like take this small rake-thing, and dip into your ink, and then tap the rake thing with this flat tool. He pauses for a moment while he examines the pieces. Yer right they are a bit distinctive, but even if they were sold off as bits of gold the set is probably worth a half a monkey easy (£250) maybe more."

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 pm
by royya
Good idea, we can sell it and get the money. It is evidence I guess, let's sell it in a shop on the other side of London, so tracing the jewels will be difficult.
Jacob suggest
Maybe I can loan some money from an office colleague ... or ask to be paid the monthly salary earlier.

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:37 pm
by Mr. Handy

"Selling it in a shop, even one across town, is risky," says Liz. "It might be better to sell it to criminal types, such as the ones who'll be selling the guns. We won't get full value for it, but at least they'll be discreet. I can't believe I'm saying this. We're blaggers now."

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm
by ghill
Clay laughs "You were blaggers ages ago! You've been sitting in a nicked car all evening, how did you think I got it so cheap."

Greg comes out of the bathroom waving a handful of sterling travellers checks. "I completeley forgot I had these, that should cover my end and a bit more"
OOC,Just to speed things along slightly I made the roll for Greg - hope Imp doesn't mind. Assume,Clay will head out as soon as he has the cash together and suggests he'll be at least 24 hours before he gets back. Lets move to the [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=3316]next thread[/url] to make a break.