CH1-13 the tatoo artist.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC - CH1 - the tatoo artist.

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz nods and Googles Idriz Patrella and the other names on the tickets, also searching for any mention of them in conjunction with Malta. "I wonder why they're going to Malta," she says. "It's not that close to Albania, but it must have some significance to them. Are they planning on taking Elira there, maybe? I think we're going to need whatever weapons we can get. These guys are going to be armed to the teeth. I've never fired a gun in my life, though, and I doubt i can afford one."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Liz spends a fruitless hour or so looking for any links to Idriz Patrella but finds absolutely no reference at all with connections in London - there are some references, but these are all in Albanian where the names seems reasonably common. The properties themselves seem tied up in some kind of shell company type deal (Library Use to untangle)
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

OK, you convinced me. Better be prepared then finding yourself in a situation of dead end.
Jacob says, approving for Clay to get the weapons
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay nods "I'll see what I can do, but I'll need some cash. Any preferences?" I'll ask around about see if I can find us somewhere to get familiar with them as well."
OOC: Gats,Anyone wants Clay to provide them with a gun need to make a Credit Rating and tell him what [u]type[/u] of gun - pistol, shot gun etc - they are after.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz follows the electronic trail of the shell company that owns the buildings and easily unravels it. "If you can get a gun for me, I'd prefer a shotgun," she says. "Prolly the easiest to use for someone untrained, and it packs a powerful punch. I have no idea how I'll pay for it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Credit Rating (1d100=18) - missed by two points.

I think I'm short but I'll see what I can do.
Jacob says
A shotgun looks cumbersome to me, a pistol is somewhat light and easy I guess.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Credit Ratings checks,Failure at your credit rating doesn't imply NO cash, Although in Mr Handy's case for Liz it probably means just that - it just implies you probably haven't go as much cash immediatly availalble as is necessary for the best bit of kit out there. Liz could always try and tap her parents for some cash :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I suppose I can ask to borrow some money from my parents," says Liz. "If they ask what it's in aid of, I can say it's to upgrade my laptop's hardware and software. That's something plausible, expensive enough to explain why I need so much, and something they wouldn't be able to see so there's no way they can tell I didn't get it, like they would if I said I wanted to get a new computer. I hate to lie to my parents, but a little girl's life is at stake. They'd do the same if it were me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Liz,[b]Persuade or a Fast Talk Roll [/b]please, the Fast talk will almost certainly result in questions at some point later.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz is unable to convince her parents to lend her the money. Maybe I should drop by Ealing Studios while I'm in the area and see if they're hiring for the summer, she thinks. I've discovered I'm quite good at video editing, so I'd make a decent vision mixer. Of course, that won't get me any money now.
OOC,One of you did take some gold from the flat above the tattoo shop. That would be valuable enough to help pay for weapons, but the pieces would be distinct and recognizable.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay looks at the gold pieces "I know what this stuff is for, the guy that did my tats has a set. Their like what they used to do tats in ancient times. You like take this small rake-thing, and dip into your ink, and then tap the rake thing with this flat tool. He pauses for a moment while he examines the pieces. Yer right they are a bit distinctive, but even if they were sold off as bits of gold the set is probably worth a half a monkey easy (£250) maybe more."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Good idea, we can sell it and get the money. It is evidence I guess, let's sell it in a shop on the other side of London, so tracing the jewels will be difficult.
Jacob suggest
Maybe I can loan some money from an office colleague ... or ask to be paid the monthly salary earlier.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Selling it in a shop, even one across town, is risky," says Liz. "It might be better to sell it to criminal types, such as the ones who'll be selling the guns. We won't get full value for it, but at least they'll be discreet. I can't believe I'm saying this. We're blaggers now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay laughs "You were blaggers ages ago! You've been sitting in a nicked car all evening, how did you think I got it so cheap."

Greg comes out of the bathroom waving a handful of sterling travellers checks. "I completeley forgot I had these, that should cover my end and a bit more"
OOC,Just to speed things along slightly I made the roll for Greg - hope Imp doesn't mind. Assume,Clay will head out as soon as he has the cash together and suggests he'll be at least 24 hours before he gets back. Lets move to the [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=3316]next thread[/url] to make a break.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”