royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC - CH1 - the tatoo artist.

Post by royya »

Get out, I'll stop her.
Jacob says to Greg
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg doesn't hesitate to take the opportunity to shimmy out the window, and if there is no garage to climb on anymore, he will dangle down, gripping the window ledge with his hands to minimize the distance he had to fall.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The coppers are talking to an Asian couple out front," reports Liz. "They're pointing up at the flat above the shop and they're rather agitated. The coppers are trying to calm them down."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

As Greg drops back onto the wall outside he can see the woman lurching towards Jacob, arms outstretched and teeth bared.

Outside the Asian couple and the police continue to discuss matters. Clearly, the young couple are taking this opportunity to get a number of matters off their chest.
OOC: Greg,[b]DEX[/b] roll please - as long as you don't fumble you drop onto the ledge, fumble and you'll need to make a [b]jump[/b] roll as you drop into the garage.
OOC: Jacob,Now the woman is up close and considering Greg has told you she is dead can I have a [b]SAN[/b] roll please. Jacob is faster than the woman so may take his action first. However, as already discussed the woman will be able to attack him before he climbs out of the window.
OOC: Liz,A [b]Psychology[/b] roll will give Liz some insight into what is going on - essentially this is clearly one of many incidents when the couple have complained about their neighbours.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

SAN roll (1d100=77) - Fail
Hashem Ishmor!
Cries Jacob as he sees the woman once more and realizes that she is really a dead woman.
How can it be? Zombies are nothing but fiction, unless she is alive but carries a disease of some sort.
He thinks to himself, intending to protect himself.
Doc, let me help you to get down safety. I will attract her attention to me.
Being faster then the old woman, Jacob decides to confuse her and make her follow him instead of the doc.
He circles the woman and rush to the bedroom (remembering to jump above the oil where he locked her before, slamming the door behind him.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Dex Check - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3584360/]Dex Check (dex 13) (1d100=38)[/url]
Quickly, Greg crawled out to the section of garage that hadn't fallen through and crossed over to the back side so he could drop down to safety. He took his time with that though, making sure to try to drop down in a controlled fashion to minimize damage.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz watches the conversation closely, picking up on body language even though she cannot hear their voices or read their lips.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob tried to dodge past the old woman but in his haste tripped over a fallen chair. As he scrambled to his feet he felt the old woman's vice like grip on his shoulder and found himself pulled to his feet and into her embrace.
OOC: Jacob,Jacob needed to dodge past the woman before the rest of his action unfolded. Make a [b]Dodge[/b] roll and we can consider the old woman's grip on Jacob's arm broken, otherwise she has successfully grappled him and will get a free attack next round. Can I also have a [b]INT[/b] roll please
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Dodge roll (1d100=98) - Fail. eek! :o

Jacob loses his balance and is surprised by the woman's strength as she "hugs" him. The panicked Rabbi thinks fast, hoping an idea will come up to save him from this mess.

INT check (1d100=74) - Success.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob struggled to get out of the womans grip but only succeeded in pulling her down on top of him.
OOC: Jacob,Eek indeed! Next round the woman is going to try and bite (physically injure) Jacob to do this she needs to succeed in another grapple roll. Jacob can only escape by making a [b]STR roll[/b] of his own against a target 11 - so a roll of 45% or less in Jacob's case. The IDEA roll was to remember that there is no other exit from the bedroom.
OOC: Greg,Greg drops safely to the ground, aware that Jacob has not followed him and that there is a lot of noise still coming from the room through the open window.
OOC: Liz,With a sense of capitulation the two policemen slowly walk over towards the door of the tattooists
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Help me...
Jacob cries over the bluetooth to his friends as he failes to break the grapple of the dead woman.

STR roll (1d100=58) - Fail.
OOC,If Jacob dies maybe I can take over Clay?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob struggles to lift the woman's as she bears down on him but he does manage to jam an elbow under chin preventing her snapping teeth getting any closer.
OOC: Same again,She missed her grapple roll this time.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob tries to lift the woman's jaw and push her away from him but fails, the old hag is strong and weights like his mailman - more then 100 kg he guess.

STR check (1d100=53) - Fail.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The coppers are coming up to the front door of the shop now," says Liz. "What the bloody hell is going on up there? I don't know what I can do from down here, but if you scream real loud I'm sure the coppers will hear."
OOC,DId I get any insights from my successful Psychology roll? And did I hear the "zombie" talk earlier?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

H E L P !!!!!!!
Jacob screams out aloud
As his senses tell him that if he will not get any help the dead woman will kill him. Better to be questioned by the police then being bitten to death by the walking dead.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The old woman's jaw snaps shut just inches away from Jacob's face, her breath smells of stale wood smoke and burnt meat.

Everyone is deafened by Jacob's cry for help over their headsets, out the front the two policemen stop as if to listen.
OOC: Greg,NB Even if the police don't hear Jacob's calls for help, they will almost certainly come around to the back of the shop when no one answers the door.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

STR check (1d100=88) - Fail.

Jacob tries again to break the old woman's hold but fails.
God, give me the power!
He cries over the bluetooth
Last edited by royya on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Liz,I'll allow that Liz hears the zombie talk although, if she wants to take it seriously it requires a SAN roll. The results of the a successful psychology roll were with the comment - basically this clearly isn't the first time the asian couple have had trouble with their neighbours.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, [b]Liz[/b] isn't taking the zombie talk seriously. She just thinks the old lady bites people. I just wanted to know whether or not she heard it to figure out how she should react. I have some funny lines in mind for her. I didn't realize that you'd already given me what I'd get from the Psychology roll when you asked me to make the roll. I thought that that was a freebie, and that the Psychology roll would reveal more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Just Pausing for a bit until Imp has an opportunity to post.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”