CH1-13 the tatoo artist.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC - CH1 - the tatoo artist.

Post by ghill »

The policeman is still looking back towards his colleague when Greg exits the alley and starts towards the car, when he does turn around and walk into the alley Greg is already some distance away and the policeman seems to ignore him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz hurries to feed the edited footage of the old man fleeing into the camera and then to switch over to the live feed before the constable enters the camera's range. If there isn't enough time for that, she'll have to buffer the live feed and then input it to the camera after a delay of a few seconds. She can make up the time gradually once the policeman enters the rear of the building and is no longer visible by eliminating a frame every second until it catches up with the live feed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Reaching the car, Greg gets on and starts administering medical treatment on his injury.
OOC,roll for me please, posting from work from my phone.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg is all fingers and thumbs, unable to properly apply first aid to his injured arm he stuffs some painkillers in his mouth and applies pressure to the wound.
Gregs injury,Greg wont take any further damage to his arm while sitting in the car.
ooC: Liz,Liz can no longer see the policeman and has no idea when he will appear in view of the fixed camera observing the back of the shop. She is not however finished with everything she needs to do.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll try to help you in a bit," says Liz, her fingers flying as she does her impromptu video editing. "Got to get this transition just right first, and I don't have much time before that copper walks into the picture. I'll probably have to buffer the live feed and then make up the time later when he's no longer in view. Dropping a frame every so often will allow it to catch up with the present before long and won't be noticeable. They do it all the time when they convert NTSC to PAL, and I can't tell the difference when I watch American videos."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg forced a smile as he said, "No hurry on my account. The wound has clotted, but I need some stitches, for sure, to keep it from reopening under exertion."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob reaches the end of the alley without being stopped, his shirt is covered in blood and he has left a trail of blood for anyone who is inclined to look, the bite on his cheek continues to bleed.
OOC: Royya,Added this just in case you were waiting on me. Jacob takes another 1HP damage from all the exhertion.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I'm on the other side of the street doc, my face bleeds, please come and give me a ride.
Jacob speaks into the bluetooth as he moans in agony
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg starts the car and looks to make sure no traffic is coming and that the hacking is done before pulling out and picking up Jacob.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz slides over into the shotgun seat, still typing furiously. "We'll pick you up as soon as we can," she says in to the Bluetooth. "Doing a bit of important and delicate camera work, and time is critical. If the copper follows you, you'll need to keep ahead of him on foot, but with luck he'll go in through the rear and back up his partner. Doc, if you want, I can get out on foot with the laptop while you spin by and pick him up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

hurry ... I'm about to be cheek less.
Jacob replies, trying to amuse himself somewhat
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg nodded to Liz, "All right, I'll be right back to pick you up.". After Liz departs the vehicle, he pulls it around near Jacob. "Try not to bleed on the upholstery," he said with a grin. He was just happy to be alive and had a bit of an adrenaline rush going on.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

With one final key stroke Liz puts the two image streams together, happy enough that any initial investigation will be happy enough with the CCTV evidence. She watches as Greg drives down to the end of the arcade and a clearly injured Jacob lurch over to the car and climb in. Greg then turns the car around and drives back to pick her up. The policeman outside the tatooists takes no notice involved once again in an argument with the neighbours.

OOC: Gents, lets consider that the end of this scene and that you have found somewhere safe to lie up while Greg sorts out injuries (first aid rolls) and you discuss you next move. Clay still has the house under observation and when your finished I'll post his report and you can act on it or not. I'd add that at this point both Greg and Jacob look as though they have been in a serious fight, Jacob's clothes especially are covered in blood from his head wound.
OOC: Liz,NB the CCTV evidence will only hold up for so long, if they go back far enough the damage to the roof will simply appear, on top of which neighbours are going to raise questions about when and how the roof was damadged - however any visual evidence of Greg and Jacob entering the property has been removed.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg was coming down from his adrenaline, and developing a bit of a migraine. He was simply not able to do much for Jacob in the way of first aid.
First Aid - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3613219/]First Aid on Jacob (60%) (1d100=70)[/url]
ooc,You rolled first aid for Greg on himself, should I roll again? Should I switch to medicine for Jacob? Should I give the others a chance to try first?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: First Aid/Medicine All,Actually forget rolls as a trained medical proffessional under non stress conditions Greg is going to have no problems dealing with these wounds - so roll results as though he'd made successful FA rolls for himself and Jacob . Subsequent treatment is medicine, in addition a medicine roll is going to be required or Jacob is going to have a pretty horific scar on his face.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

First Aid to Jacob - +3 HP,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3613306/]First Aid results on Jacob (1d3=3)[/url]
First Aid to Greg - +1 HP,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3613307/]First Aid results on Greg (1d3=1)[/url]
Medicine to Jacob - Botch!,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3613310/]Medicine (60%) on Jacob (to prevent scarring) (1d100=100)[/url]
ooc,Invisible Castle hates me.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Guess I'll have to grow beard like the Orthodox...
The reformist Kabala rabbi sighs.
We should rest and change cloths, then we’ll contact Clay and see what is happening. We need to know who lives there in the apartment above the shop, we should console with the city records and find information about the owner of the flat and any information we might find about the dead woman.
This memory clearly going to haunt Jacob for a long time
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,What I was doing was splicing in the footage of the old man leaving through the window, falling through the roof, and fleeing over the fence into the video before switching over to the live feed, so the damage should be shown as it occurs rather than appearing out of nowhere. The timing may be off compared to what the witnesses heard, but it does happen not long after [b]Jacob[/b] made his escape, so they may think that was the old man if they compare the times. Did [b]Jacob[/b] damage the roof further when he left? If so, there's nothing that can be done about that, but I did have the camera record the original damage occurring, even though it didn't happen at that time. I have First Aid at a respectable level, so I would have at least helped even if [b]Greg[/b] has things well in hand, but I'd be careful not to get any blood on me. It's more that Invisible Castle hates [b]Jacob[/b], it seems.

"We'll have to be discreet about finding out about the owner of the flat," says Liz. "I made sure the camera didn't see us there, but people might get suspicious if we start asking questions. It would also be good to find out who owns the house we tracked those guys to. Might be better if I try to find the information online rather than inquiring in person. I'll try to bounce my search around so that it can't be traced back, just in case. This woman who attacked you, she couldn't have really been dead. She must have just been crazy and bitey. It's a good thing I don't believe in zombies, or I'd worry that you were going to turn into one after she chewed on your face." She looks down. "Uh, sorry. But at least Greg will make sure you don't get an ordinary infection. Well, shall we head down the WInchester for a pint?" She pauses, but gets only blank stares. "Sorry, Shaun of the Dead reference."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg frowned to Liz, "Think what you want... that woman had all the signs of death." He looked at Jacob and shook his head, frustrated with his lack of proficiency. "You know, Jacob... I'm terribly sorry about this. I thought I could do something to minimize the scarring, but cosmetic surgery was never my thing. I suggest you go to the hospital to have someone else take a look at it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Do you have any colleagues you can trust to be discreet about this?" asks Liz. "He'll need a convincing cover story about how it happened - maybe a dog bite."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”