CH1-13 the tatoo artist.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-13 the tatoo artist.

Post by ghill »

Its ten thirty by the time everyone meets up outside Hangerlane Tube station in West London. Clay is waiting with a reasonably new looking Audi A4.

Clay takes out a battered London A-Z and indicates where shop is "We should probably decide how we are going to handle this then? I'm still unclear what we want to do. Are we here to case the place and see what they get up to or are we here to confront them?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC - CH1 - the tatoo artist.

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg shrugged, uncertainly. "Is it safe to assume they don't have the girl back in their possession? Or maybe that's one thing we need to establish before we decide what to do."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't think we should assume anything," says Liz. "We need more information, so yeah, we should stake the place out for a bit. We can always go in and talk to them after that."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,$$ ... Cha-ching ... $$
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob nods in agreement with Liz's idea.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay unlocks the car doors so everyone can get in. "OK so we keep an eye on them which is fine, but isn't it going to look a bit suspicious the four of us sitting in the car all day?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg suggests, "Probably. Maybe we can find a good look-out site, an abandoned or rented room across the road, or we can park the car down a ways and take turns walking around the block."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

It takes about 10 minutes to drive the mile from the busy roundabout at Hangar Lane to the short parade of shops on Pitshanger Lane, Clay drives past once indicating the tattoo artists at the end of the parade, the shops window and doorway are covered in newspapers making it impossible for the casual passer by to see inside.

Clay drives on a hundred yards further down the road and then turns left into a side road. "It looks empty now, but there were guys hanging around outside yesterday and the lights were on inside. So shall we take it in turns to take a walk or shall I park up the car a bit nearer"
OOC: Pithanger Lane,Pithanger lane is a residential town road, with older (late 1800's) three storey houses on one side and a newer shopping parade (1930's) on the other, there is some kind of service road to the rear of the parade with more houses behind that.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,did the place look open for business?
Greg asks, "How long does it take to get a tattoo? One of us could be on the inside under more legitimate reasons. I never got a tattoo before, and honestly... I don't think I'm the type. It's just a thought."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Open/Closed?,If Clay hadn't told him that he'd seen guys going in and out Greg would think the place was closed.
Clay shows him one of his tattoos a set of kenji characters on his arm "Something like this, anywhere from 25-45 mins depending on how well you handle the pain, how well the ink absorbs, and how good the guy with the needle is. It'll cost you somewhere between £50 and £100."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Sorry but it is forbidden to have tattoos for me.
Jacob replies
But money is not a problem if you want to have another one.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay looks around "Don't look at me I'm not volunteering. Its the Doc's idea, if he wants to give it a try its alright by me."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, I'm not getting a tattoo," says Liz. "I could have pretended to be your girlfriend and gone in with you, though."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay looks at LIz and laughs "Unless you're built like Mike Tyson under that clobber it ain't happening. I'm not having anything to do with this mob unless I'm tooled up." Glancing down at his rather tired and clearly much lived in street clothes. "To be honest Liz I don't think anyone would mistake me for your type. How about you and the Doc go in? I mean you look a more believable couple to me. Nothing says you have to get a tattoo, just tell them you're thinking about getting a tramp stamp on your ankle or yer boob or something and you want to take a look at their books.
OOC: NPC,Lets try and keep Clay out of anything but a supporting role while he's an NPC.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Clay's a fraidy cat... lol
Greg sighs, "All right, so... assuming that tattoo takes the better part of an hour, is it possible to ask for something that will take longer? Or would they just do part of the work today, and finish it another time?" He mentally images himself with various tattoos over different parts of his body to see what would be most appropriate. "Provided they sterilize the needles they use properly, I can volunteer my body for our cause. And believe me, I will make sure they are sterilizing properly. Do you think that would be suspicious behavior? It might even afford us a peek into back rooms."

He says to Liz, "Story of my life though. The pretty girl is always pretending to like me." He smiled and nodded though, "I'd appreciate someone in there with me." Then he asks everyone, "You don't think they have any reason to have seen us before, do you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Only if Elira told them about meeting us at the airport," says Liz. "I can't imagine that they'd know what we look like otherwise or have any reason to suspect we're onto them. If it comes to a fight, I won't be much good in there. I guess I could run and scream a lot, but that's about it. What I'll be really useful for in there is recognizing those symbols when we look through their books of tattoos."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Since we might be in danger while inside I suggest carrying a weapon of some sort ... you know, for personal protection.
Jacob suggest but clearly he is not feeling convenient with the idea
I think I have a screw driver in the trunk and a spare switchblade, maybe a flashlight.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: The Car,This is not Jacob's car it is the car Clay aquired with Jacob's cash so the car could not be traced back to any of you
"there is probably a tyre iron in the boot and I have this." says Clay as he reaches into his jacket and pulls out a rather wicked looking flick knife. "If we're really cacking it, then I know some people, who know some people and we can probably get something a bit more juicy if you guys think its worth it and have the cash."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I suppose I could take a knife," says Liz, "but I'd be rubbish with it. My best bet is probably some mace, but even then I doubt I'll be very effective."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay shrugs "I can probably get you mace or pepper spray or something similar, its not legal you know that right? So are you guys going in now or can I go and see some friends?"
OOC:,This is very much a credit ratings check if you want Clay to go and get something a bit less legal. Bear in mind all firearms in the UK require a liscence and with some minor exceptions there are no legal pistols of any kind. if you are sending him off then you need to give Clay some idea what your after.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”