CH1-13 the tatoo artist.

Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC - CH1 - the tatoo artist.

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Ouch! I didn't know pepper spray was illegal in the UK. How's a teenage girl supposed to protect herself without breaking the law? It's perfectly legal in America.

"Yeah, pepper spray would do nicely if you can get it," says Liz. "I know what those guys might do to me if things go sour and I don't have it. I'll take my chances with breaking the law."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Can you get a blunt weapon, a policeman's nightstick maybe ?
Jacob asks.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

I can't say the people I know have much call for nightsticks Jacob, but I can ask. says Clay.

Can I have spot hiddens from everyone please.
OOC:Nightsticks/sprays,FYI In the UK, batons are considered to be offensive weapons (as they are "made or adapted for use for causing injury to the person"), which prohibits their possession in a public place under the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 - just saying if Jacob was trying to stay legal he'd be better off looking for a stout walking stick or something similar. Pepper sprays/CS/Mace are all Prohibited Weapon, under S.5 of The Firearms Act 1968
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As Liz is talking, she notices something.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Looking over Clay's shoulder Liz see's a dark blue land cruiser drive past. Clearly visible is a scratch running down the length of drivers side (RHS) of the vehicle. As liz watches the vehicle turns into the Arcade of shops and parks up directly infront of the tattooists. Two men get out, the driver a huge muscled man, the passenger an older man in his sixties or older.
OOC: Spot Hidden,Naturally, anyone making their spot hidden sees the same thing.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg didn't see the truck drive past. He said, "I would like the spare switchblade, if you don't mind. It can't be that much more difficult than using a scalpel, right?" He says to Liz, "I'm ready when you are. If you want to wait to get your hands on some mace, that's fine."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

A walking stick should be handy.
Jacob replies

Spot hidden (1d100=88) - failed.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay hands the blade over to Greg "its not spare mate, but you're welcome to it. So do I make some phone calls and see what I can get my hands on? It'll be a couple of hours at least before I can get anything though. "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There's our blokes," says Liz, pointing out the vehicle. "I just saw two of the men we're looking for get out of there and enter the shop. One of them was the old guy we were told about, and the driver was a rather strong chap. I don't know if we want to go in while they're inside, but it might be a good idea to follow them after they leave and see where they go next. Yes, Clay, please see what you can get. In addition to the pepper spray, or instead of it if you can't get it, I suppose I could use some sort of sap. That's easy to make. A sock full of marbles would do the trick."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay opens the car door and gets out "Scuse me then. I need some privacy to make these calls."
Clay spens the next couple of hours on the phone talking to 'friends of friends'. During which time very little seems to go on at the shop. A half hour after the first car a couple of men appear in a white Ford Mondeo estate pull up; they go in to the shop leaving the shop a few minutes later but then spend the rest of the morning standing around outside, smoking chatting and drinking coffee. There is no sign of the old man, although the well muscled younger man comes out and shares a coffedd with the other two near to midday.

Around midday, Clay walks up the road to the next junction where he meets with what you assume is a young man wearing the hoodie who hands over a small childrens backpack and a heavy looking walking stick
Credit Rating Roll,Can I have a credit rating roll from whoever is financing this (multiple rolls are allowed)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz takes pictures of the men and the vehicles discreetly with her digital camera when she's sure they're not looking in her direction, making certain that the flash is off. When Clay leaves, she goes into her wallet. "I'm afraid I'm a bit skint at the moment," she says. "I am a poor college student, but I'll pay what I can afford now and owe you the rest later."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Credit rating (1d100=87) = Fail
Jacob is surprised to see that he is short on cash.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay gets back into the car with the backpack which he opens handing liz a largish can marked "FRONTIERSMAN Bear Attack Deterrent" the can has a handle with a trigger, its not the sort of thing Liz can hide in a pocket but it will fit in her bag (just). Right, my man says its well powerful stuff and its got a range of about 30', but he aint sure how much stuff is left in there but reckons it must be good for three or four good squirts."

He then pulls out an Asp extendable batton which he shows to Jacob. Right I have this, which if you get knicked with they'll have you for an offensive weapon. I also have this, he shows Jacob a solid Blackthorne walking stick, it will still get you nicked if they see you using it, but a half decent solicitor like you ought to be able to make a case of self defense. So which one do you want?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg tucks the switch blade in pocket with a 'Thanks', and gets out of the car. He crosses his arms and looks at the tattoo parlor just sitting there all ominously as he waits for Liz to join him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Cheers, this will do nicely," says Liz, taking the can of bear spray and stowing it in her bag. "If it'll stop a bear, it'll stop a man." She gets out of the car and joins Greg. "Well, here we go. If you hear screaming, you'll know something's wrong - either that or the good doctor's just getting his tattoo and can't take the pain. If you hear me screaming, then it's definitely gone pear-shaped."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

As Greg and Liz starts heading for the tattoo parlor, he says to her, "I do hope they speak English while we're in there. If not, then we'll just have to try to read body language I guess."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As Liz and Greg approach the shop the two men outside catch sight of them but it is only as they approach the door that the younger of the two men reacts stepping infront of the closed door.

"Is closed".

OOC:,I assume as the idea is to bluff your case, you were approaching openly and no major subtefuges were planned?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Assumed correctly. The more sneaky we try to be, the more suspicious we look - and counter productive it ends up being... because I don't think I put any points into hide or move silently.
Knowing that these men were highly motivated by greed, Greg did his best to look distraught at the news and responded "Oh no, well gosh darn it all." He looked to Liz and said, "I'm the one who lost the bet... so it's your call. Do we forget about the very big and invasive tattoo you wanted me to get, or do we go find another artist to give our money to?" He glanced to the men and commented to Liz, "I'm still hoping I have enough money to cover something so large." Looking back to Liz, he adds, "I'm hoping you're leaning to just forgetting the whole thing."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The man looks at Greg with what he can only assume is disgust. Then leans forward so he is very much in Gregs face. "You deaf? Is closed you and your piçkë" he glances at Liz, before turning to face Greg again "You just F*ck off"

As the man is talking Greg and Liz can clearly hear the sound of a tattooist at work
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg is a little taken back. The bastards were just trying to scare them away now, and he didn't much appreciate that. "So ... apparently, just standing her having our conversation is offensive to you. Is it because I'm white?" He looked at the parlor, then back to the man, "You know maybe your ears are the ones not working so well, I hear someone in there giving tattoos. Are you sure you're just not mistaken? Could we just look at a book of designs and come back later?"

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”