CH1-13 the tatoo artist.

Moderator: ghill

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Re: IC - CH1 - the tatoo artist.

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Alright ... here goes nothing then...
Drive Checks (1d100=16, 1d100=21, 1d100=27, 1d100=21, 1d100=68, 1d100=5)

Greg finds driving in London isn't so tough... but almost loses them at one point.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by ghill »

Greg loses site of the 4x4 but catches up with it just as it is pulling into the driveway of a large semi detached house situated on a quiet tree-lined road close to Ealing Common. As Greg slowly drives past the two men get out of the car and walk upto the door which is opened by a older woman who takes the old mans coat and welcomes them into the house.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg drives up another house or two, then pulls over to watch and make sure the truck doesn't take off yet again. "Someone make note of the address."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz had had no difficulty in saving some of the CCTV footage to her laptop's hard drive while they had waited outside the tattoo shop.

She nods and takes out her camera, using its zoom function to read the address on the house, then makes a note of it.
OOC,I do intend to try to make the timestamps match the actual time when I feed the video back into the camera. One possibility is to use the footage exactly 24 hours after it was recorded. The day will be off by one, but it's less likely to be noticed. Turning off the camera is a last resort, as that would be suspicious. If the police do investigate later, they'll view the footage. I don't want it to arouse any suspicion of tampering.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Pheew ... Way to go.
Jacob exhales and says to Greg as he pulls out the seat belt.
Now what ? Get back to the shop and see who's in there?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay takes a look at the house. "Look next door is all boarded up. If we wait a bit you could drop me off around the corner and I could slip into next doors garden so I can keep an eye on the house without anyone being any the wiser.That way if they come out while you guys are in the shop I can give you the heads up."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg nodded, "Good idea. A look-out. I like it." He pulls up and around the corner to let Clay off before heading back to the shop.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Before he climbs out of the car Clay turns around to the others. "Look I'm not going to hang around here while it is still light, I'll come back here in half an hour or so when its dark. Once I'm settled I'll give you guys a ring, but don't start anything until I've given you the all clear"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds good to me," says Liz. "I just hope they don't slip out of here while you're away."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay shrugs "Not much I can do about that, I cant stand around here for long" he looks at his street clothes then around at the large houses and the tree lined avenue. "I stand out a bit in this neck of the woods and we don't want some busy in Neighbourhood Watch calling the filth. I didn't see another car, so it shouldn't be to hard to work out wether they are still at home."
Woops,Clay not Greg!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I'm guessing that last post was supposed to say "Clay" not "Greg".
Greg waves and drives back to the tattoo parlor, pulling the car down the back alley way and positioning it in a position where it has more than one avenue of exit. "Don't want to get trapped in place," he said to the others explaining his choice of parking spots. "You ready with that playback, Liz?"

After getting the affirmative from Liz, Greg hops out and heads over to the back door. He checks for a key on the door frame, or under nearby rocks or garbage cans. You just never know... he might get lucky.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hang about!" says Liz when Greg starts to drive into the alley. "Make sure you don't drive out of the camera's blind spot. We don't want it to see the car or us. I'll need some time to rig up a loop to spoof the camera, and we want to wait until it gets dark anyway." She has been working on finding a way to feed the video back into the camera with altered timestamps to disguise the fact that the footage has been altered. If there's no other way, she can use footage that she has downloaded that is exactly 24 hours old, so that the time will be in sync even though the day is off by one. Now that they've arrived, she pulls up the views from the cameras in front and back in windows on her laptop and quickly reviews what the cameras had recorded while they had been away. Once that's done, she continues to work on a way to fool the camera.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob says a silent pray and add
I don't believe I'm doing this.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz,Computer Use please - considering she's already accessed the camera a failure will simply indicate a break in the feed rather than any disaster.
All,Can I just confirm, you're trying to enter via the back door, more importantly who is accompanying Greg?
Looking in all the likely spots Greg finds no evidence of a key. The ground floor windows barred and the door is secured with a dead bolt which Greg and or anyone else can just make out through the gap between the door and the doorframe. However, the door is concealed from passers by due to a garage. It is also possible a person climbing onto the roof of the garage might be able to gain access the 1st floor flat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I know!" says Liz, grinning from ear to ear and trying to contain her excitement. She finishes her work and seemlessly feeds the recorded footage of the empty alley back into the CCTV camera. "Right, you'll be invisible to the camera now," she says. "It's looking at last night, and the timestamps shouldn't tip anyone off either. I'll stay in the car and keep an eye on things. We'll keep each other informed via the earpieces. Be careful." Once Greg gets out, she positions herself behind the wheel and keeps the motor running in the event that they need to leave in a hurry, monitoring the windows she has open on her laptop. She keeps the bag with the bear spray close at hand, just in case there's trouble.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Ground floor's a bust," Greg points out. "We're not getting in the easy way. So unless someone knows how to pick a deadbolt lock, we'll have to try higher up," he points upward to the flat above. He looked around for something to climb on to get to the roof of the garage or an easy access point to try climbing.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The flat roof of the garage is easily within reach and with a boost from someone else or a rubbish bin to stand on it wont be a problem to get up there. However the garage roof looks as though its a relic of the 50's and looks like a corrugated asbestos and cement roof – not very strong.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I'm coming with you Greg. Here let me give you a push up there, then I'll climb on that bin over there and you'll lift me up.
Jacob says, preapring to push Greg.
ooc,We did take the weapons Clay gave us right?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Weapons,unless someone tells me differently, you have them on you yes.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg helps Jacob as directed, then cautions, "The roof seems a bit unsturdy. I'm going to keep some distance between us so if part of it does cave in, we won't both go at the same time."

Greg tries to keep near the edge where he is relatively sure there should be some support beams or framing wood and tries to make his way over to the flat window.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”