The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: St Agatha’s

Post by BenTheRat »

"Fine by me. Thanks for the time Padre." Clay says and heads for the door.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

OOC: All,Please feel free to post here to coordinate your next steps. When you're ready you can use your homne again home again threads to conduct any private research.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Leaning to Odetta he whispers.
By the way, we thought you were in trouble at your home so we paid you a visit there. Your door might be not locked. Don't be troubled and do not call the police, we will pay the expenses regarding the damage to your door so be calm Odetta and contact me when you need.
Jacob tells the miss how to contact him, without giving her his card, the police might arrest her and he does not want any connection to her for now. He then turns to the priest

Yes, we can speak to him, whoever he may be ...
Turning to the others Jacob add
What now?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

When the others exit the church, Jason asks to be briefed on the context of the interview. After being filled in, he says. "I´ll circle the block and stake out the church. A lot might happen till ten, and I´d want to keep tabs on what happens here. Here´s my phone number." In the exchange he gets the others numbers added to his contacts.

"So is someone staying with me and staking this place out? I´ll pay for donuts and coffee."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay came out of the church and told Jason about what happened. "Odetta has some weird fantasies, but she is still our best lead. I'll stay and stake it out."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Sorry, but I have to attend the evening prayer Ma'ariv at the synagogue. Please call me if you find something, I'll be available an hour from now.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd better get along home," says Liz once everyone is outside. "Tonight I'll do some research online to see what I can find out about the Verbetoi that way, so we can go in prepared."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: All,Jason and Clay can stay on this thread, everyone else unless you have anything to add, please go to your relevant Home Again... thread where you can do any specific research.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spoiler:
Roger!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jason and Clay spend an uneventful day keeping the church under observation.

Around late afternoon - (1600) Clay recieves an text from his friend Danny the tatooist he's just back from the tattoo trade convention and he asked around apparently he's bought a book with pictures of some very similar tattoos but its going to set Clay back £20. He's going back to his shop, so Clay can pick it up there if he wants.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jason spends the time Clay is away to get some refreshments to the car. He visits a Wendy´s and orders two extra large menus. He drives back to the church and continues the task of waiting.
TVblog

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay will go to pick up the book, it'll be something to do while waiting. The 20 will hurt, but maybe he can hit up the others to help cover the cost. But the tatoo's have been a dead end so far, maybe this will help.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Traditional methods are still used to apply tattoos; hand tapping the ink into the skin with needle-fine combs. The combs have a wooden handle the holds between three and twenty bone, glass or flint needles. Often these combs are decorated with gold in the Verbetoi style. The needles are dipped into pigment, placed against the skin, and the handle is tapped with a second stick, causing the comb to puncture the skin and insert the pigment.
Traditionally the manufacture of the tattoo comb is the first task of an apprentice tattooist, before he becomes a journeyman, and is usually commemorated on the skin of the apprentice in the last tattoo given to him by his master.
Branding is also used by the Verbetoi, with traditional branding irons used to draw designs into the flesh of the wearer . - Nicholai Wolnbro- Europe’s Lost Art, Tattooing among Europe’s Ethnic minorities, London Publications 2003

Text is accompanied by a number of pictures all of which look pretty similar to some of those Clay saw in the photos, although none are exact matches
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay returns to meet Jason, and spends the evening going over the book, looking to see if any of the symbols have any special meanings.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The book doesn't go into much detail about what specific tattoos mean, merely commenting that this or that tattoo seem popular.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Jason/Clay,Night is closing in and appart from Odetta and the old priest driving off to Odetta's doctors there has been little activity. Do Jason and Clay intend to stay the night?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jason checks with Clay, "Are you up for taking turns over night? Or do you have another lead from the others?"
TVblog

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"I don't have another lead. And this book seems to be another dead end. What do you think? Do you really think this gang is going to show up here tonight? If they do what is the plan? The 2 of us won't be able to do anything 1 couldn't do." Clay says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I guess if the Albanians have the girl, we can´t get to her right now. And if they want to tidy up after their job at the Tolkas they might want to get rid of the nanny. So, I´d say we wait here for the appointment at ten tomorrow. I´ll take the first watch. Get some shut eye, if you can. Regarding what to do. If they make a move we can call the cops and observe or follow if they leave the scene."
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”