Page 1 of 1

Ch1-9 St Agatha’s

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:03 am
by ghill
St Mark's in Hounslow was built by the Church of England in the 1920’s, was abandoned and fell into disrepair, and is now the home of the Greek Orthodox church in Hounslow. Renamed St Agatha’s it is still clearly being renovated with scaffolding shrouding much of the outside.

The Church itself is set slightly off a busy main road with a small arcade of shops across the road the rest of the street being mixed residential.

Re: St Agatha’s

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's go inside," says Liz. "No sense wasting any time."

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:15 am
by BenTheRat
"Sounds good to me." Clayton says as he get out of the carriage. "Maybe I'll poke around the back while you go in the front."

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 pm
by ghill
OOC: Just waiting to hear from the others before moving on.

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:13 pm
by ghill
OOC: Just waiting to hear from the others before moving on.

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:23 pm
by Mr. Handy

Liz gets out of the car too. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do," she says.

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:21 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg says, "I'll go with Clayton... safety in numbers." He looks to Clayton and asks, "If you don't mind. If you'd rather go alone, that's cool too."

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:26 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Jason waves at the others walks in and lights a cigarette. "I´ll stay here, should someone bolt..."

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:41 am
by BenTheRat
Clayton, "sounds good to me. Might be a back door here."

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:48 pm
by ghill
Clayton and Greg walk down a path by the side of the church. At the rear is a concreted area littered with out door toys there is a small porch and a backdoor.

At the front Liz pushes open the door the church, inside the church is quite to her left a young woman is dusting one of the church icons.
OOC: Jacob and Jason,Royya you can attach Jacob to Greg/Clayton, Liz or Jason or take another courseof action if you wish. Can I have a [b]spot hidden[/b] for [b]Jason[/b] please. I assume he's just waiting in his car or is he getting out.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:36 pm
by royya
Jacob will join Liz.
Clearly this is something you will never see, it's like a start of a joke "A Rabbi goes into a church..."

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:40 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Jason rolls down the window on the driver´s side and lets some smoke out. Doing that he notices something about the church and the surroundings.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:03 pm
by ghill
ooc: Jason,As Jason waves the smoke outside with his hand he notices a short old(er) woman walking across the road from the shops towards the church. Her clothes and looks match the description of Odetta which Greg gave.

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:18 am
by Mr. Handy

"Pardon me," says Liz. "Is Father Marakis here?"

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Keeper:
Spoiler:
Jason stubs out the stick and exits the car. He approaches the woman and starts up a conversation as he´s a few steps away from her. "Scuse me, I´m Jason Taverner from Second Chance. I´m here to help the little girl from the airport incident. He extends his business card. "I believe you may be in danger, do you accept help?"

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:23 pm
by ghill
OOC: Jason,As soon as Jason opens his mouth the woman puts her head down hiding her face and picks up her pace, she almost drops her shopping bags as she struggles through the low gates at the front of the church. Then in a very thick accent [color=#0080FF]"I don't know anything about the girl...please just leave me alone, I've done nothing."[/color]
Inside, the young girl looks up at Liz and Jacob from what she is doing, tucking some errant hair behind her ear with one hand she says something unintelligable while point towards a door at the rear of the church. Liz and Jacob both pick out the words "Father Marakis"

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:24 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Keeper:
Spoiler:
Jason will follow the woman at a distance, not trying to spook her any further. He will stay outside the front doors of the church so he´ll be able to stop anyone trying to leave. He lights the cigarette again.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:57 am
by BenTheRat
Clayton looks around to see if there are any cars around the back. He then continues onto the far side of the church to see if there is a door there as well.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Liz, guessing that the woman probably doesn't speak English, or at least not much. She proceeds to the door at the rear and knocks on it.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:11 pm
by ghill
OOC: Clayton & Greg,No, there are no cars around the back. Imagine a walled playground about 20' wide and the length of the church (approx 120') the wall surrounding it is about 4' high and has a small ornate cast iron gate at the far end. The gate opens onto a footpath running between the houses which back onto the church.
OOC: Liz & Jacob,[b]Liz & Jacob [/b]are both halfway to the doorway, when the door they came in opens with a crash, looking behind them they see a short woman burdened with shopping and clearly in some distress. She glances at Liz and Jacob and then starts making her way around the outside of the church as far away from Liz and Jacob as she can. [b]Idea rolls please[/b]

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:47 pm
by BenTheRat
Seeing nothing else of interest here, Clayton tries the back door.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:53 pm
by royya
Idea roll (1d100=50) - Success.
Jacob thinks about something...

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg wasn't sure what he was looking for in the back yard. He found it curious that there were so many toys littering the area... but figured maybe the place doubled as a day-care during the week. As Clayton tried the door, Greg moved in behind him, and took another glance around to see if anyone were checking them out.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz stops as something occurs to her. "That might be her," she whispers to Jacob. Then she turns around and follows the woman outside.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:38 pm
by ghill
OOC: Liz/Jacob,OK Liz thinks the woman closely matches the description Greg gave of Odetta. Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my last post but the woman remains inside the church but is making her way around the outside of the nave.
The door opens and Clay and Greg find themselves in the church's South transept.

Church diagram

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:25 pm
by royya
Pardon miss
Jacob calls the woman he suspect to be their target.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:35 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz approaches the woman. "It's okay," she says, "we're friendly. My name's Liz."

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:25 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay steps into the Crossing, to make sure if the woman makes a run for his end of the church he could cut her off. But is trying to look non-threatening and lets Liz do the talking.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:42 am
by ImpInTraining
Greg headed for the Chancel to get a better look at the altar. He wanted to make sure the church they were in was of some religion he had some recognition over.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:11 pm
by ghill
OOC: Jacob and Liz,Persuade rolls from you both.
OOC: Clay,Your not actually aware of these events they are occurring behind you and out of sight. Give me a [b]Listen[/b] roll at which point Clay will become aware, otherwise I assume he moves into the nave or the Chancel in which case he can roll a [b]Spot Hidden[/b], however in the circumstances the woman would have to get past both Liz and Jacob befor she got to Clay.
OOC: Greg,To All extents and purposes the place looks like a Greek Orthodox church, if you have any occult skill you may roll against that to determine wether there is anything out of the ordinary.
Through the closing door Jason hears both Liz and Jacob call out to the woman.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:18 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay continues to explore the Chancel, unaware of what is going on with Liz and Jacob.

He doesn't hear anything but he does notice something out of the ordinary.
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3285257/]Listen roll target = 25; spot hidden roll target = 45 (1d100=98, 1d100=27)[/url]

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:48 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Jason starts a new cigarette outside the church, resting his back against the wall.

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Don't be afraid," says Liz. "I'm quite harmless, really." But her words don't seem to be getting through.

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:55 pm
by royya
Let me try Liz

Pardon miss but I am a Solicitor and I’m here to help.
With a reassuring voice and years of practice, Jacob knows how to address people in need.

Persuade [54%] (1d100=54) – Success... so lucky, on the fringe.

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:49 pm
by ImpInTraining
Occult - failed (but close,dang it), [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3287725/]Occult (5%) (1d100=10)[/url]
Finding nothing that really jumped out at him and shouted 'something strange is afoot', Greg turned toward Clay and shook his head with a quick shrug of his shoulders and lifting of his hands. He started heading towards Clayton.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:01 am
by ghill
The woman looks first at Liz and then at Jacob she pauses and shakes her head while saying something to herself in a whisper, then "Who are you?"

At the back of the church a door opens and a tall beared man in the vestments of a Greek Orthodox priest steps into the Chancel closing the door behind him. Seeing Greg and Clay he is momentarily confused then regaining his composure "Gentlemen may I help you?"

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm Liz Penhaligon," says Liz, "and this is Jacob Greenberg. Are you Odetta Nano?"

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 pm
by ghill
The woman, she sits down in the nearest pew, carefully putting down the two bags of shopping she is carrying, her shoulders slump and she looks up at Liz and Jacob with a look of complete resignation in her face

"Unë jam Odetta Nano po...I am Odetta Nano, yes...are you the police?"

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:15 pm
by BenTheRat
After taking note of the spot hidden item in the church. Clay addresses the priest. "Yea Padre, we're here to help."

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:54 pm
by royya
We are not the police, we are ... friends that wish to help you.
Jacob replies and rests his hand on the woman’s shoulder to calm her
I believe that you are in danger and we wish to help. Please let us find a quite place so we could speak of what happened to the Tolkas and Elira

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:37 pm
by ghill
Odetta looks around the nearly empty church. "You are finding a place than this place is more quiet?" Looking over Jacob's shoulder she calls out to the to the tall beared man in priests vestments who entered the in what sounds as though its probably Albanian "Atë, Atë Marakis!"

The tall man excuses himself from Greg and Clay and walks across towards Jacob and Liz in thickly accented english "Miss, sir, welcome to St Agata's may I ask you what you wish with my parishioner Ms Tito?"

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:38 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Liz. "You must be Father Marakis. We wish to help Ms. Tito. I'm sure you do as well."

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 am
by ghill
Father Marakis rattles off something in rapid fire Albanian(?) which Odetta answers as speedily.

"Ms Tito says she left the Tolka's employ several days ago as a result of an argument. She has not been back since, which I myself and several of my parishioners can confirm."

Odetta rattles off something else equally as unintelligable.

"Ms Tito says she never saw the girl or had anything to do with her"
OOC: All,[b]Psychology roll[/b] from anyone listening or watching the conversation. This assumes Greg and Clay have followed the father over to where Jacob, Liz the Father and Odetta are talking.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:17 pm
by BenTheRat
OOC,Clay did so roll below. BTW, I did a spot hidden earlier but you never said what I spotted.
Clay followed the priest and listens to what he says. Satisfied that a priest would never lie, "Well another dead end."
Psych roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3290459/]Psych roll for priest target = whopping 5% (1d100=58)[/url]

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:25 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz is about to respond when she has an insight.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:29 am
by royya
Hmm...
Jacob replies without adding anymore

Psych roll [5%] (1d100=26)

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:05 pm
by ghill
OOC:Liz,While the priest might be honestly translatting everything Odetta has told him, Odetta's uncomfortable body language would indicate she is either being dishonest or lieing by ommission.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:13 am
by ImpInTraining
Psychology roll - success (critical?),[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3292179/]Psychology (60%) (1d100=6)[/url]
Greg followed the father to the others and watched the confrontation. "We are concerned for her health," Greg responded. "Father, we spoke on the phone," he offered his hand in greeting for shaking, "Dr. Greg Hammer."

He said, "I think the people who did that to her employers were looking for something... or someone. We only want to put an end to this travesty. Innocent girls are being used as weapons. It must stop."

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm sure Father Marakis is translating what Ms. Tito said accurately," says Liz, "but there's something she's not telling us. I was under the impression that the argument was just last night, and that Elira was the subject of the argument. Odetta felt that the Tolkas should not have taken her in because she belonged to someone else." She turns to face Odetta. "I know you're afraid. You've got good reason to be. But none of us can get through this alone. Please, let us help you."

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:27 pm
by royya
Jacob tries to persuade Odetta by intimidating her.
You know that if the police will find out that you are lying miss you will be in a great trouble. As a solicitor, I may be have a chance to help you.
Turning to the father he add
She must not hide things from us father...
ooc,tell me if you want persuade of fast talk.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:53 pm
by ghill
Wether reacting to Greg's or Liz's words, Odetta's shoulders sink some more before she straightens up somewhat as though she has made some kind of decision.

"The Tolkas they are good people, a lovely people, not have children, Mr Tolka, he as a problem, with his...thingy? But they forget all about the old country. In Albania they treat old lady with respect, not like this place, full of oodies and knife crimes! They forget all about the old country but they still not deserve to die.".

I work for Tolkas five years, I work for parents in Albania, before they come Britain. The girl was from countryside and from the North, this means she was stupid, they know nothing in the North. The girl was dangerous, I see her, and I see her marks on her body, old marks.

These marks say she belong to Verbetoi, people in the old country treat them like Gypsies or travellers here, everyone hates them, everyone is scared of them, the marks say she is theirs , the verbetoi do not like thieves.

I try tell the Tolkas' girl is bad luck, they not believe me, they forget the old country, but I did not forget, we argue Rosa say I foolish old woman. I say I take holiday come back when girl goes. Then I run and I hide. I am old, but I not want to die."

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Well, it's a good thing you left when you did," says Liz. "I think Elira is still alive. If the Verbetoi started the fire, as seems likely, then they would have taken her. What else do you know about the Verbetoi? Where in the London area would they be living?"

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:53 am
by ghill
"You are wait here I get something maybe explain Verbetoi."
Odetta then gets up and dissapears into the back of the church, when she returns she has a battered paperback book, of “Albanian Fairy Tales” Sitting down again she thumbs through it until she finds the correct page then.

"In Albania we have the Kanuni is traditional law we call it the "Kanun of Leke" because the Great Prince Lekë Dukagjini is the man who bring us these laws. These laws are very important to all good Albanians, they tell us how to be honourable, how to behave, how to be a good host and how to good familly. Over here when I talk about the Kanuni, people only know about Gjakmarrja or Hakmarrja, which is the Kanuni tells us someone is allowed to kill another person to avenge a murder or bad deed. This story is is called 'The Two Princes' is very old very fine Albanian fairy tale all about the Kanuni and the Verbetoi". starts to read aloud

There were once two princes they were followers of Leke Dukagjini, the man who wrote the old laws in Albania which we call the “the Kanun”. These two princes were also brothers; one day they were returning from a great victory over the Turks, when they found their path blocked by a beggar. The two brothers told the beggar to get off the road, the beggar told them that while they might be princes among their own kind, he was a Verbetoi and so they should make way for him. The older of the two brothers took the beggars words as an insult to his honor and ran him through with his sword on the spot.

The two brothers went their separate ways each to their own lands, to see their families and prepare for winter, on Christmas Eve there was a knock at the door of the younger brothers house, it was his brother’s youngest daughter. The Verbetoi and come to the lands of the elder prince’s, her father’s land, they had killed all his peasants and burnt their hovels they had besieged his kullë (defensive tower) and set a great fire at the door when the door was but ashes, the Verbetoi killed her mother, her brothers and sisters, the cattle, the horses even their dogs but before they killed her father they sent the youngest daughter to his brother to tell him he would be next.

Though the younger brother was not afraid he sought out the great prince Leke Dukagjini for his advice, and perhaps his aid. But the Leke was not a stupid man he said to the younger brother “te luftoj verbti, te luftoj zjarr me qaj lotoj” which means “to fight the Verbti, is to fight fire with your tears” For though it would be proper for there to be Gjakmarrja (blood feud) between the younger brother and the Verbetoi it was a fruitless thing.

The Leke said the Verbetoi do not know honour as a good Albanian does, they do not know restraint as a good Albanian does. They would not stop with killing the young prince, or his brothers or uncles or cousins which would be right and proper, but they would kill his sisters, his aunts, his wife and his children, his lands and his homes, they would not stop until the princes line were dead and the Verbetois’ fires danced across his families lands and all trace of it was burnt from the world. The Verbetoi are not bound by the Kanun said the Leke and the young prince was not bound to seek Hakmarrja ("revenge") because of it.

So the younger brother sought out the Verbetoi and ended the Gjakmarrja by paying them in gold. But from that day on the younger brothers hearth was always cold even in the deepest winter because the younger brother said he could hear the fires laughter."

Odetta closes the book, "You do not fight the Verbetoi, you do not involve yourself in their business and you hope they do not feel insulted by you. If they live in London they live where they will and who will say they cannot. If they have the girl she is theirs and it is best you leave them to it."

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:06 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay listened closely to the story. But covered his mouth to keep a laugh from escaping. All he could say was "Wow". Clay is thinking this lady is full of it, and that story is the most ridiculous thing he has ever heard.

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:46 pm
by ghill
Odetta clearly isn't taken in my Clay's attempt not to burst out laughing. She starts to glare at him and then her face softens and something clearly sorrowful overtakes her features.

"I should wish it was nothing but fairly tale eh"

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sounds a lot like organized crime," says Liz. "Albanian organized crime gangs have a reputation for exceptional brutality. That could be what the modern day Verbetoi are up to. And woe to anyone who gets in their way, I get that. You frak with the bull, you get the horns. Okay, so there's no fighting them. It's clear from the story that they do make deals for money. All right, we're not exactly toffs, but maybe we can come up with something they value. What else do they want?"

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:46 am
by BenTheRat
Clay got himself under control. "I'm sorry miss, I don't mean to diss your country or its fables. But I buy the gang theory a lot more."

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:43 pm
by ghill
"Not gangs, we call them 'Fis', means.... big familly ...clans" Odetta shrugs again "if you find them then maybe give them gold, gold is very important to them."

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:12 pm
by Mr. Handy

"That makes sense," says Liz. "Organized crime groups often organize by large families too, so they'd fit right into the criminal underworld. Smart of them to want gold. Currencies are unstable, but gold always holds its value. How much do you think we'd need?"

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 pm
by ghill
"They do not have it for wealths sake, Gold is the metal of their god Verbti, it is holy to them. They say the Prince gave them a half talent of gold to make them give up their feud, but I do not think they will talk to you, especially about the girl. She is theirs, she has been marked and they will not give her up"

Father Marakis who has been sitting quietly off to the side gets to his feet. "Listen, Odetta is due to go to see her doctors and I must take her. Perhaps, if you wish to talk to her some more we could all meet here tomorrow? Say around ten? Also I have someone else I would like you to meet who also knows about these Verbetoi."

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:29 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thank you," says Liz. "Ten sounds good to me. How about the rest of you?"

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:41 am
by BenTheRat
"Fine by me. Thanks for the time Padre." Clay says and heads for the door.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:34 pm
by ghill
OOC: All,Please feel free to post here to coordinate your next steps. When you're ready you can use your homne again home again threads to conduct any private research.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:44 pm
by royya
Leaning to Odetta he whispers.
By the way, we thought you were in trouble at your home so we paid you a visit there. Your door might be not locked. Don't be troubled and do not call the police, we will pay the expenses regarding the damage to your door so be calm Odetta and contact me when you need.
Jacob tells the miss how to contact him, without giving her his card, the police might arrest her and he does not want any connection to her for now. He then turns to the priest

Yes, we can speak to him, whoever he may be ...
Turning to the others Jacob add
What now?

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:53 pm
by Dave Syrinx
When the others exit the church, Jason asks to be briefed on the context of the interview. After being filled in, he says. "I´ll circle the block and stake out the church. A lot might happen till ten, and I´d want to keep tabs on what happens here. Here´s my phone number." In the exchange he gets the others numbers added to his contacts.

"So is someone staying with me and staking this place out? I´ll pay for donuts and coffee."

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:33 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay came out of the church and told Jason about what happened. "Odetta has some weird fantasies, but she is still our best lead. I'll stay and stake it out."

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 pm
by royya
Sorry, but I have to attend the evening prayer Ma'ariv at the synagogue. Please call me if you find something, I'll be available an hour from now.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:47 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'd better get along home," says Liz once everyone is outside. "Tonight I'll do some research online to see what I can find out about the Verbetoi that way, so we can go in prepared."

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 pm
by ghill
OOC: All,Jason and Clay can stay on this thread, everyone else unless you have anything to add, please go to your relevant Home Again... thread where you can do any specific research.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:11 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Spoiler:
Roger!

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:06 pm
by ghill
Jason and Clay spend an uneventful day keeping the church under observation.

Around late afternoon - (1600) Clay recieves an text from his friend Danny the tatooist he's just back from the tattoo trade convention and he asked around apparently he's bought a book with pictures of some very similar tattoos but its going to set Clay back £20. He's going back to his shop, so Clay can pick it up there if he wants.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:43 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Jason spends the time Clay is away to get some refreshments to the car. He visits a Wendy´s and orders two extra large menus. He drives back to the church and continues the task of waiting.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:27 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay will go to pick up the book, it'll be something to do while waiting. The 20 will hurt, but maybe he can hit up the others to help cover the cost. But the tatoo's have been a dead end so far, maybe this will help.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:49 pm
by ghill
Traditional methods are still used to apply tattoos; hand tapping the ink into the skin with needle-fine combs. The combs have a wooden handle the holds between three and twenty bone, glass or flint needles. Often these combs are decorated with gold in the Verbetoi style. The needles are dipped into pigment, placed against the skin, and the handle is tapped with a second stick, causing the comb to puncture the skin and insert the pigment.
Traditionally the manufacture of the tattoo comb is the first task of an apprentice tattooist, before he becomes a journeyman, and is usually commemorated on the skin of the apprentice in the last tattoo given to him by his master.
Branding is also used by the Verbetoi, with traditional branding irons used to draw designs into the flesh of the wearer . - Nicholai Wolnbro- Europe’s Lost Art, Tattooing among Europe’s Ethnic minorities, London Publications 2003

Text is accompanied by a number of pictures all of which look pretty similar to some of those Clay saw in the photos, although none are exact matches

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:19 pm
by BenTheRat
Clay returns to meet Jason, and spends the evening going over the book, looking to see if any of the symbols have any special meanings.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:42 pm
by ghill
The book doesn't go into much detail about what specific tattoos mean, merely commenting that this or that tattoo seem popular.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 pm
by ghill
OOC: Jason/Clay,Night is closing in and appart from Odetta and the old priest driving off to Odetta's doctors there has been little activity. Do Jason and Clay intend to stay the night?

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Jason checks with Clay, "Are you up for taking turns over night? Or do you have another lead from the others?"

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:43 pm
by BenTheRat
"I don't have another lead. And this book seems to be another dead end. What do you think? Do you really think this gang is going to show up here tonight? If they do what is the plan? The 2 of us won't be able to do anything 1 couldn't do." Clay says.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:05 pm
by Dave Syrinx
"I guess if the Albanians have the girl, we can´t get to her right now. And if they want to tidy up after their job at the Tolkas they might want to get rid of the nanny. So, I´d say we wait here for the appointment at ten tomorrow. I´ll take the first watch. Get some shut eye, if you can. Regarding what to do. If they make a move we can call the cops and observe or follow if they leave the scene."

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:07 pm
by BenTheRat
"Sounds like a plan. Wake me when you start to feel drowsy, or if something happens." Clay says and leans back as well as he can to try and get some shuteye.

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 pm
by ghill
The night passes without event. Around 7am, just as Jason and Clay are sharing a breakfast of tea and bacon sandwiches from the nearby corner cafe, a man walks up to the church and nocks on the door The man is short and squat, muscular gone to fat. He is dressed in dirty green tracksuit bottoms and a tired looking leather open to the waste to reveal an equally dirty white t-shirt. Father Marakis answers the door and the two men talk for a few minutes, Marakis clearly indicates the man is to return at 10. The two men shake hands and then Father Marakis watches as the man walks away down the street.

Its unclear wether Father Marakis sees Clay and Jasonb, it looks as though he is going to wave and then thinks better of it as he closes the door to the church.

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:19 pm
by ghill
An hour or so later the priest returns and asks Jacob and Clay if they'd like to come in to use the facilities and have a cup of tea. He doesn't ask why they've been sitting in a car outside his church all night.

Moving now to St Agatas the next day.