Page 1 of 1

CH1-8 Anyone home - all

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:45 pm
by ghill
Benson Close tower block is by no means the worst of London's tower blocks, some kids are hanging around, but there is no sign of any organised "street life" or drugs. The car park is largely clear of cars and finding a space is easy. The door to the block are clearly locked with large banks of buzzers for the flats.

Re: IC - CH1 - Anyone home - all

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:07 pm
by royya
It’s locked.
Jacob remarks to no one in particular. He tries to find out Odetta's button and press it.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:25 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Jason waits idly at the back watching any curtain move on the lower floors.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:15 pm
by ghill
Jacob has no problem finding the buzzer for Odetta's flat as Liz has provided a flat number. He buzzes up but there is no answer.
OOC: Jason,A [b]Spot hidden[/b] then please.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:52 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton tries the front door, if its locked, he suggests we buzz several doors, someone will probably let them in.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"Could work," says Liz. "Anyone know what kind of car Odetta drives? We can see if it's in the car park."
OOC,Is there some kind of online registry for vehicles in the UK that's available to the public?

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:31 am
by Dave Syrinx
Jason can´t spot any activity on the first floors. "Yes, buzz at random and we´ll probably get inside."

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:02 am
by ghill
[Luck roll] Jacob and Greg mash a number of buttons on the board and eventually the door buzzes open.

Inside the flats look well cared for and the corridors and hallways are clear and spartan. Up on the fifth floor someone has put flower pots at each end of the corridor to brighten things up. The door to Odetta's flat is a uniform dark green, it is locked. neither ringing the doorbell or knocking on the door elicit any answer.
OOC: Getting In,A Lockpick check will open the front door, breaking in requires a STR roll versus the doors strength of 14 (tools of some kind may provide a bonus and or make things quieter), although this course of action may attract attention.
OOC: Car Registration,The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency can provide information from its records. However, while they can provide the registered keeper of a vehicle given reasonable cause they can't do it the other way around ie provide the details of cars registered to a particular person. Your not aware at this point what car if any, Odetta drives. (DVLA)
OOC: ALL,Anyone who wants to stay behind or take another course of action just make a comment, otherwise wether by lift or stairs you make it to the 5th floor without incident and without noticing anything of interrest.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:33 pm
by royya
Anyone can provide an entrance for us without leaving any evidence for us being here?
Jacob asks as he turns to his companions.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:59 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Silently Jason produces a set of keys from his pocket and gets to work. A couple of minutes later, he stops. "Must be a new lock. I ca´t get the levers in line..." He looks beat down. "I didn´t damage the lock anyway. It´s always a gamble when jimmying locks."

He walks back to the elevator when he has done what he can. He presses th button to get the elevator up. "Just to have a clear access..."

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:47 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton lines up in front of the door and gives it a running kick.
ooc,does size help at all? If I take avg size and str I pass, just str, I fail. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3267800/]Str test 12 vs 14 target = 40% (1d100=49)[/url]

"Damn" Clay exclaims, "tough door"

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:25 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc question,From the outside, were there any balconies on these apartments? If so, did it look possible that we might be able to gain entrance from the roof?
Greg asks Liz, "Do you think you could find the phone number for the church she might frequent? She might be there, and breaking in could be a moot point."

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:52 pm
by ghill
When Clayton steps back there is a boot size print in the door and the door has certainly shifted in the frame another good shove might well do it.
OOC: Balconies/Phone numbers,No balconies, if you have the address or similar then it should be possible to get a number or possible numbers from directory enquiries.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:02 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton backs up and looks at the door. "She could be in trouble as well." He gives it another good kick and the door flies open.
ooc,not sure what I needed, but I feel pretty good this did it. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3267958/]Door test ?? (1d100=12)[/url]

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:42 am
by ghill
The door crashes open. Behind it is a short hallway with a bathroom on the left, a kitchen on the right. The hallway opens onto a small lounge with another doorway on the left presumably to a bedroom. The flat seems cosy and well cared for it is full of well worn furniture every surface is covered with faded photos of what one can only assume was Odetta’s late husband and her family back in the old country.
OOC:,Most of the above is visible from the doorway or a few steps inside.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:17 am
by BenTheRat
Clayton quickly ducks in before anyone can poke their head out. "We better make this quick before someone calls the cops."

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz silently claps a hand to her forehead. Oh, bloody hell! she thinks. "That may not have been necessary," she whispers, remaining in the hall. "Doesn't look disturbed, and we could have tried knocking or talking to the neighbors." She glances over at Greg. "Got an address or at least a neighborhood for the church? I'll look it up."

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:49 am
by ghill
It doesn't take long for Clay and anyone who follows him to realise that Odetta is not in the flat.

The flat is clean and tidy it looks as though while Odetta has left, she did not do so in a panic. Certain items have clearly been taken (pictures removed from walls etc) and it looks as though she intends to be away for some time (fridge is emptied, gas turned off). She also appears to be quite religious, with Orthodox Christian icons and statues scattered around the house.
OOC: Anyone staying in the corridor,Please give me a [b]Spot Hidden[/b].

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 pm
by royya
Jacob remains outside, to provide explanations for any suspecting neighbor.

Spot Hidden (1d100=70)

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:02 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton gives the apartment a good once through and heads out. "Dead end here. She's gone and doesn't look like she will be back for a while."
spot hidden,not sure if I was supposed to roll this, but [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3269164/]Spot Hidden target = 45 (1d100=46)[/url]
As Clayton leaves the apartment he sees the disappointment on the others faces. "Oh, sorry, I thought you wanted in."

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm
by ImpInTraining
Spot Hidden - Success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3269196/]Spot Hidden (45%) (1d100=45)[/url]
"St Agatha’s, its on the Wareham Rd in Hounslow," Greg tells Liz as he looks around and something catches his attention. "I really don't think this is the right way to go about this. Don't fancy spending another day being interviewed by the local police."

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:20 pm
by Dave Syrinx
From his vantage point by the elevators Jason has a good view on anyone observing the visitors, Now we need to have a good explanation or "it wasn´t me" routine...

"We´re here to help the girl, right? From those trafikkers. We roll with that." He whispers to Jacob.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:21 pm
by ghill
Looking down the corridor Jacob doesn't see anything. Looking up the corridor over Liz's shoulder Greg see's a door at the far end over a crack for a moment and then close.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:36 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg says, "Yeah... you know... I think I'll wait downstairs in the car." He starts to head out.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:15 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Jason holds the elevator door up for the team to enter.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:33 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton gets into the elevator.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:39 pm
by ghill
OOC: All,Those who are going down to the car do so without incident, I only need to know if you choose not to (Liz/Jacob). Otherwise, you are in the car and can decide on your next course of action.

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:02 pm
by royya
Jacob pushes the door with his elbow and peers inside, trying to catch something quickly that might tell where the miss is. Maybe a personal diary, notes on the refrigerator.

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:23 pm
by ImpInTraining
In the car Greg asks Liz, "How are you finding those addresses and phone numbers so easily? Can you show me what you're doing?"

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:03 am
by ghill
OOC: Jacob,The door is wide open having been kicked in by Clay. From the front door there isn't much to see, what I previously described was what Clay would have seen when he follows through kicking the door in. If you want to see into the Bathroom Kitchen or elsewhere Jacob has to go in. It would be clear to him that all of the others are leaving however.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Sure, it's easy," says Liz, showing him her smartphone. "Anyone can find this stuff online." She brings up the online phone directory and feeds in the church's address to pull up the number.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 am
by ghill
Moments late Liz has the phone number for the church.
OOC: Whats next?,I'm just waiting to see wether Jacob is going to have a poke around the appartment.I assume the next step is the church.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:49 am
by royya
Jacob will enter the place, scan it quickly and will go down to meet the others as they travel to the church.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:08 pm
by ghill
OOC: Jacob,Spot Hidden Please

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:53 am
by Mr. Handy

"See?" says Liz. "Nothing to it. When Jacob gets back, we can head over there. I just hope no CCTV cameras saw us." She looks around the building to see if she can spot any. "Want to call the church first?"

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:07 am
by royya

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 am
by ghill
Jacob quickly moves from room to room opening doors and drawers to see if he can spot anything suspicious. Finding nothing but an order of service for the church (with the church's phone/email and address details on the back) he slips quietly from the flat carefully pulling the door closed behind him.

Not waiting for the lift he takes the stairs and lets himself out of the block dropping into the car seat a few minutes later.
OOC: Cameras all,Spot hidden. However, even if you don't see anyone this is the UK, the country with more CCTV cameras than nearly any other country in the west.

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:50 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz looks around, but she cannot see any cameras.

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:32 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg doesn't look for any cameras. He had no part in anything illegal so he doesn't worry about it (perhaps a bit naive, eh?) "Right... what's the phone number?" He calls the church to see if anyone is there.

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:34 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton kicks back thinking, What a bunch of uptights. The cops got better things to do than worry about a kicked in door. Wonder where the old dame got off to anyway.

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:43 am
by ghill
After about three rings Greg's call is answered by a brusque voice "St Agata's, Father Marakis speaking how may I help?"

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Father Marakis, good day to you sir. My name is Dr. Greg Hammer, and I'm calling in regards to one of your regulars, Odetta Nano. I've tried her at home, but she wasn't answering. I'm hoping you might be able to help me find her, father," Greg said over the phone. "Is it all right if some friends of mine and I come over right now? It is very important that we find Ms. Nano."

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:21 pm
by ghill
"... Dr Hammer, Odetta Nano does indeed attend this church, but I'm afraid I don't know where you might find her. Sadly, I'm just about to go out myself to see a sick parishioner so there is no point in you or your friends coming over now. Perhaps you could give me a ring the day after tomorrow, now if you'll excuse me I have to go. Goodbye." With that the Father hangs up.
OOC: Everyone,I'm going to assume Greg either has the phone on speaker or holds it so everyone can hear this conversation. That being the case can I have [b]Psychology[/b] rolls

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:34 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3277414/]Psych roll target = 5% (1d100=54)[/url]
Clayton being the skeptic as always. "Dude's lying. I bet he is going to see her right now. We should follow him."

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:29 pm
by royya
DM,not sure if Jacob met them already or if he is on his way down to the car.

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:46 pm
by Mr. Handy

Liz can't tell whether the priest is being truthful or not. "Let's get over to the church quickly then," she says.

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:46 pm
by Dave Syrinx
Listening in on the call, Jason feels it safe to see for themselves if there´s a nanny in the house after all. "Couldn´t read him either. Let´s move there and see, right."

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:00 am
by ghill
Jacob arives just as the group decide to head over to the church.
OOc:All,Go to St Agatas.

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:19 pm
by ImpInTraining
Psychology - Succeeds,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3278494/]Psychology (60) (1d100=24)[/url]
Greg hangs up and agrees with Clayton.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:40 pm
by ghill
OOC: Greg,Definitely lieing.