CH1-7 - House Calls

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-7 - House Calls

Post by ghill »

Catching sight of a swing-set in the back garden of one house, Jason walks up the drive and knocks on the door. He hears fumbling behind the door as someone puts on a security chain before opening the door. A young mousey looking woman peeks through the gap. It doesn't take a degree in psychology to realise she is clearly angry.

"Yes what is it? I'm not talking to another reporter so don't even bother asking"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC - Ch1 - House Calls

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Don´t worry, miss. I know you don´t want any trouble in the neighborhood. I´m looking for more of those immigrants in the area. Do you know of any? It´s them I want to get in touch with." He picks up a ten quid bill and offers to the woman. "For your time..."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC Jason,[b]Persuade[/b] roll please.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The woman looks at Jason then at the note in his hand before shouting "I'm not a racist! None of us are!" and slamming the door.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Great..." he thinks to himself and wallets the bill again. He moves two doors away to his next house call. Same procedure.

Knock, knock.
TVblog

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

A large middle aged woman answers the door. "Yes, can I help you?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hello mam, I´m sorry to disturb you. I wonder if you know where I can find any relatives to the Albanian family who had the accident down the road. I work for a charity, Second Chance, and I´m trying to get a hold of the little girl who stayed there." He shows a card from the charity and his PI license. "My name is Jason Taverner and I could really use some information about where she might have gone. Is there any place you can think of she might have run to to feel safe? " Jason feels less of a liar approaching his target like this.
TVblog

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The woman carefully looks at Jason's identification, and then visibly relaxes. "Oh thankgoodness, I thought you were another reporter when you rang the bell. I really can't say. The Tolkas were such a lovely and polite couple. They seemed really enamoured with the new girl and she seemed happy enough, not that we saw much of her. I'd say you need to talk to their cleaner Teto, but I know they had a falling out with her recently and she was sacked or walked out a couple of days ago."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Teto? Is she from a local provider? Is that her last name?" Taverner has conjured up a pen and a pad and starts taking notes. "Thanks, this might help." He hesitates, "...new girl? Had they had other girls there?"
TVblog

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Tito? No she was a woman who does, you know cash in hand. They fostered for the council, so they had girls and boys come and go all the time.
OOC: Jason,You know they were foster parents, for Hillingdon council, it was because of this the charity had been able to arrange the interview you were going to conduct this morning.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I see. Thank you, Mam. " Jason walks back to the rental car.
OOC:
Spoiler:
OK, exactly who was Jason about to interview? It was the Tolkas, right?
TVblog

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Jason,The Tolkas Edward and Rose Tolka were foster parents working for Hillingdon Council, the girl was who you really wanted to talk to her name is Elira Nesimi, the girl from the Heathrow Airport incident. The general concensus was that Elira was escaping from traffickers.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”