Moderator: ghill

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Jason Taverner

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes.

"We're meeting with Jason Taverner in his rental car," she texts back to Clayton. "Come join us." She describes the car.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

The photo on Liz's laptop is slightly blurred but shows a womans arm with some kind of symbol on it the symbol seems burnt onto her arm*.

OOC *,The burn is like bad sunburn, rather than a burn from a fire. The symbol doesn't remind Jason of anything he's seen befor.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton knocks on the car window and gets in. "Hello, cops are definitely hiding something here. I suggest we come back tonight to get a look around. What do we have here?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

It’s going to be hard proving my hypothesis but my guess is that we are dealing with a cult of some kind. You say they kidnapped people from Eastern Europe and I add that I suspect that they are dealing with something occult, probably the type of “The world is coming to end” type of cults.
Jacob say to Jason
They smuggle these children to the UK and I suspect they manage to do it with a tactic of drugging key men on their way like they did to us and airport employee in the airport ... if you heard about the incident that occurred in the news.
I’m afraid that part of the effects caused by the drug is delusions and illusions as we...

He nods to Liz
...Suffered some weird dreams. Now all we have is a link to some murders that occurred in the area, an Albanian girl and a strange feeling that time pass faster that it is.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

To the knock on the window, Jason press the electric window´s down button an inch worth. "You with those gusy? Get in the back, ya!" To Jacob and Liz, he says, "Some transferable drug? Like hypnosis maybe... But as you describe it people get burns, right? That does sounds like some occult shit, alright."

Jason turns to the new passenger in the back. "Jason Taverner, PI from Brixton Hill. I got a lead on this address about trafficking and was about to interview the foster parents. I thought Greenberg was my contact..."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hypnosis was my thought too," says Liz. "Short term memory loss is one of the symptoms. Also dehydration. The burns are something else. What you see in the photo looks like sunburn, and it fades quickly. The burns on Elira and on the body parts that have been found are far more severe."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg walks up finally. He knocks on the car window, "Hear this is the place to be."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jason repeats the procedure with the window. "Hi! You with Greenberg? Have a seat." He nods at the back.
The rental is getting crammed and Jason starts to wonder if he´s not chewed a bit too much to handle. This was supposed to be a recon interview. Now he has a car full of people with some occult agenda. "OK, so this girl from the airport grew up here, right?" He points at the address. "What if I head over and try to get some answers as to their knowledge of what has happened to their daughter? Why she was at the airport and such?"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"We're hiring a professional?" Greg asked looking to the others. "I thought we were doing pretty ok on our own, all things considering." Looking back to Jason, he says, "No offense. And I don't think you're going to be getting much out of these folks unless you brought an Ouija board. They died in the fire, didn't they?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We don't know for sure who was inside the house," says Liz, "and they're her foster parents. She was only placed here after the incident at Heathrow. I don't know where she grew up, but I'd guess Albania. As for what she was doing at the airport, she was trying to hop a plane to Athens."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Folks
Jacob turns to Clay and Liz
As for now, Jason gave us a good lead and he a PI as well, could be very helpful and I want to remind you that he is the only one among us that is not a potential suspect in terrorism.
Turning back to Jason he add
Long story … the airport and such …
Our main goal I think is to find the girl, she is the key to everything and once we'll be able to speak with her we'll open the door to understand the story.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Sounds good to me." Clay says.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I agree," says Liz. "We definitely need to find her. Of course, we'll need to speak the same language if we're to understand her. She supposedly doesn't know English, but that doesn't mean she wasn't shamming ignorance of it. Still, we can't count on that. She very well might not speak English. The only other language I know is French, but she might not speak that either. I'm sure she speaks Albanian, and there's a good chance she'll speak Greek as well. Does anyone else here?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg questions Jacob, "How can you be so sure she wasn't the cause of that fire? For all we know, she's up in smoke. Trying to find her might be a futile waste of energy."

He responds to Liz "I know Latin, a little... but I don't suppose that will be a big help."

He looked back at the driver, Jason, and asked, "Are we paying for your services? Because I never agreed to that... just saying. If Jacob wants to pick up your tab, that's on him."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

No, we are helping each other. I think it is a mutual oral agreement that we can only gain from each other's help, do we Jason?
Jacob asks and turns back to Greg
I find it hard to believe a man can burst in flames spontaneously and I will believe it when I'll see it … so for now I leave this power to god.

Excuse me for a second
Jacob recalls that he asked another PI, the one that works with his office to find him some information so he goes out of the car and give the man a call to see if there is a progress.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Oh... ok. Well, in that case, I got a little information from that ornery fellow with the dog. I have a description on the vehicle the Albanians were driving, confirmation that they were here last night, and apparently they have something against roses." Greg shrugged on that last part, "Yeah, I know... I've no idea how that fits in. But fact of the matter is, the Albanians had apparently destroyed poor Mr. Sprigs' prize-winning rose bush."

The young doctor rubbed his chin thoughtfully and said, "There are appropriate chemicals within the human body to cause combustion, but the fact that we're more than 90% water keeps that from happening. So I'm leaning towards more of a supernatural aspect of this case. And if that's the case, then I intend on getting me a rose. Maybe it will be enough to give us an upper hand if we have to deal with these Albanians. Maybe it's something against their spiritual beliefs?"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Eh, I already get my fee from a foundation. No worries on that. I only want to see if this family is responsible for taking in kids in need of a foster family - only to sell them on to someone for profit or... something else."

Jason
listens to the discussion and frowns. "Oh, she didn´t grow up here? Then I´ve got some bad intel from the foundation. They were sure she had been with this family for a long time. If she just arrived from Albania, we could - I could check the flight manifests for females arriving from Albania." He continues, "Do we know for a fact that she´s not in the apartment? Let´s go over there and see what we can find. If she´s not there we can surely look for leads on how to track her. If the foster family has nothing to hide, they can help us. The foundation A second chance is known for helping kids in trouble."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know who was in there," says Liz. "The article said they won't know who was inside until it's safe to enter. Once they get the fire out, maybe you can get us inside and we can have a look. The foster parents, Ed and Rose Thomas, were nice people according to the neighbors quoted in the news article. Funny that her name is Rose. Well, it's Roza Tolka and he's Edon Tolka, but they Anglicized their names. They're Albanian too. And there may not be any record of Elira entering the UK. She could have been smuggled in, or hopped a plane before and not been caught." She looks at Greg curiously. "I think we'll find that there's a scientific explanation for spontaneous combustion. You put your finger on it yourself, Doc, when you pointed out that we don't spontaneously combust because we're mostly water. Remember the dehydration? If someone loses enough water, they could burst into flame."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Ghill:
Spoiler:
Ah, now I see. I assumed the fire mentioned in the ooc for Jason in the first post was the one at Heathrow. So I had to backtrack the All-thead to see what had happened to the foster parents house. That and Mr. H´s last post.
Now, I´m in the field and know how to proceed. Sorry for the confusing comments by my character.
Jason looks at the address with the police and fire department tape. "Man, I got the wrong address from my friends in the Met. I was about to walk in to that apartment on the other side of the road." He turns to Greg in the back. "I had a case once with the reversed phenomenon. The deceased had died from drowning in his own fluids. He virtually drowned from within... his brain swelled by one pound. Water was seeping out of his pores..." He turns back to Liz and watches Jacob make the call outside the car. "Albanian girl housed temporarily with Albanian caretakers. That probably is no connection between them whatsoever, it´s most likely the authorities placed her here for ease of communications."

He sits quietly for a while. "You guys say you met the girl at Heathrow, and something weird happened? You get pinned as terrorists or at least some kind of suspicion as a threat by the Security Service. We have proof of something connected with arson. This place is burnt down. The symbol on Elira´s arm from the photo might be worth searching using a symbol recognition software." He turns to Clayton. "Let´s say it´s something occult in the middle of all this: then there might be a reference to fire in the bible. And I´m not thinking about the warm place deep below. Might be a reference to fallen angels or some such. That is if we are pursuing a non-scientific approach."

Back to Liz. "Now, I feel that the information about trafficking seems to be way off. They wouldn´t draw attention to their operation. This case has pulled enough publicity to bury the slave ring from the authorities for years. I guess the best way to continue this is to regard this as a missing persons case." Then he adds, "If we can show the burn to the hospitals and especially to burn trauma wards, we can find out if anyone has had similar burns."
TVblog

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton shakes his head. "bible? wow. You really think so?" Clayton looks a little lost as to everything going on.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”