CH1-7 Jason Taverner

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-7 Jason Taverner

Post by ghill »

OOC; Jason,His friends in the Met had told him the girl being fostered in the house was almost certainly trafficked. The charity had even got Hendon social services to allow an accompanied interview. Jason had been coming back from delivering a court summons when he heard the news and decided to drive out to see if there was anything he could find out. Two hours later and sitting in his Hertz rental car on the end of Glendale Close Jason flicked his note book closed in disgust, the crowd were all small time hacks for the local papers nothing major. The neighbours were reluctant to talk to anyone, because some tabloid reporters have already reported that the fire “might be racially motivated”, and a couple of the neighbours had been “door stepped” by reporters looking for some kind of angle on the story. A Green Volvo pulled into the close and parked up. Nothing special about it in and of itself, but its passangers were a real mixture. The driver fitted the car, but the passangers were a different matter, the driver was in a suit, but the young woman and the younger man looked like students, while the remaining man dressed like a Yank or a European. Something caught the foreign guys eye and he started to walk across the close shortly followed by the young woman.
Last edited by ghill on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Jason Taverner

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jason leaves his notes on the passenger´s seat and exits the rental. He watches as the motley crowd passes the car. "You here to supervise the interview?" He asks the man.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The foreign guys calls after someone out of sight of Jason then suddenly starts running down a path. The young woman and the younger man start walking in Jason's direction when he calls.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob approaches Jason, seeing that he needs some information, hoping to extract information from him instead. He is dressed with a casual suit of a respective business man with a yarmulke on top of his head.
Hello, my name is Jacob Greenberg, a solicitor, can you repeat your question ?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jason pulls a card from his green sports jacket and hands to the solicitor, or the young man who claims to be a solicitor. "Jason Taverner, on behalf of the Second Chance Charity. I´m here to hold a supervised interview along with Hendon social services with the people rigestered to this adress. My question was if you are the part assigned to supervise the interview, mr Greenberg?" The card reads "Jason Taverner - Private Solutions "We provide you certainty!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

No, I’m not the supervisor you seek.
Jacob replies as he reads the card of the man. He then hands back to Jason a card of his own. *** Jacob Greenberg – a professional solicitor ***
But I was into this case as I might be interested in the family and their missing daughter as much as you. Why do you want to interview them and...
He says, looking at the man’s card again, waving it at the man.
... what are the private solutions you provide?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"That would be between me and my client. " Jason hesitates and draws the conclusion that it can´t hurt to share some information with the solicitor. "My client has a suspicion there might be a slave-ring inside this whole thing. And by the sound of the media coverage this thing has got, I´d say something´s really screwed up. I´m here to determine what lies behind all this." He then adds, "You got a suspicious wife? I can get a solution to that problem. That is if she´s right about your presumed affair.... I´ll set up the tickets, photos - you name it!" Jason shrugs his shoulders. "Or - I can get your debts paid. If someone screws you over - I can screw them back. Kind of..." He puts Greenberg´s card in his wallet after having produced it from his inner pocket. Th maneuver reveals a bulge at the left side of his hip.

"What were you looking into by the way?"
TVblog

royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

A slave ring you say, that’s interesting.
Jacob reply, ignoring the part with helping to find cheating spouses. He lowers his voice to a whisper and adds
I think we can help each other Jason as I’m not the only person that thinks that there is much more in the story. We believe there is something occult in the story involving east European cults.
Now about the slave ring ... do you think there is a trade of children of some organizations ?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"That´s what my intentions are - to find out if that´s the case. I need to question the family first."
Jason looks quizzingly at the solicitor. "Cults? As in satanists? Pure offerings and such? What lead you to conclude that?", he whispers. He looks over at the young girl accompanying Greenberg. "Miss." and bows slightly in a polite manner. "Maybe we should visit the pub for a chat? This is hardly the place for this discussion..." He looks at reporters at the end of the dead end.
No traffic and not a lot of people around, still - this is no place to strategize in.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog

ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Cars and Pedestrians,Actually no cars rushing by, or pedestrians. This is a quite close, ie a cul de sac, the only other pedestrians on the close are a handful of local journalists and people come to see whats going on, most of the locals are in doors. None of which invalidates going somewhere more private. Just to make things clear as I intentionally muddied the waters for Syrinx, Liz and Clay (young man) were closest to Jason when he spoke. Jacob (car driver) had only just finished talking to one of the residents and would have had to catch up with them, while Greg (man dressed like a foreigner) was running across the close when Jacob spoke. I doubt Liz or Clay are about to start a fight with Jacob so unless people have strenuous objections are let things stand as they are.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"So, do you care to discuss or are we ad libing the visit? You can always say you´re from the social services.." Jason waits for the two to decide.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hullo," Liz says to Jason. "I'm Liz Penhaligon. We should have a private chat first, but if we leave the area, our other friend won't know where to find us when he returns. We've got the car right here. If we want privacy, we can just sit inside it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob nods in agreement to Liz's idea.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Jason takes a step back and opens the door to his Herz lease. "Better yet - step inside to my office, miss!" The red Ford Scorpio from Herz still has the papers in the window. "I prefer to play in the home field."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, that can work," says Liz, sliding in. "We'll just need to keep an eye out for our friend. He doesn't know to look for this car."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob sends SMS to Greg and Clayton indicating they probably found someone who knows about the case telling them to call them back once they finish with their investigation.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"So, why do you guys suspect devil worship? I´m here on a hunch those people are smuggling people...Not sacrificing them." Jason looks out the windshield as he talks.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe you didn't know about the occult symbols tattooed all over Elira's body," says Liz. "I've got a similar picture that I can show you. Maybe you can make more sense out of it than us." She brings up the photograph she had taken and uploaded to her laptop. "It's a bit blurry, I'm afraid."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton is looking through the crowd, unable to find the others. So he sends a text to the group. "Where are you guys?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Clayton,As per my last post, Clayton saw them getting into a hire car on the close, he was also walking past with Liz at the point she and Jacob started talking with the man so he's well aware where they all are.
OOC: Liz,Is this the photo Liz took of the mark on her arm?

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”