CH1-6 Roadtrip - All.

Moderator: ghill

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Roadtrip - All.

Post by BenTheRat »

"Sorry still trying to learn you guys. Let me know if you need some help, just wave." Clay responds feeling a bit embarrassed.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz rolls her eyes as the guys keep ignoring her. "Well, you obviously have no objections," she says, "so I'm emailing her." She dashes off a quick email to Jo Tate, providing her with a link to an article about the fire and letting her know that this was the house where the girl from Heathrow had been placed and suggesting that she might want to check it out, noting the possible connections with fire and with Eastern Europe.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Before Greg gets to the policeman and the old man the argument is already over while the policeman is left shrugging his shoulders to a colleague the the old man turns sharply away and with a visible look of disgust starts marching down a footpath out of the close.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Wonder what the deal is with that old bloke?" says Liz. "What's his interest in this? I think we ought to go talk to him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg gives chase to the old man and his dog. Down the footpath, he lifts a finger and says "Excuse me, sir... do you have a moment?"
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The old man has nearly reached the end of the path when Greg calls him, turning to look at who just called him the man gives a clearly audable "Harumph" before dragging his dog around the corner and out of sight behind a hedge.
OOC: All,The man is walking fast, basically a marching pace, Greg will easily catch him if he breaks into a run.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg breaks into a run. Hope it isn't a vicious dog. "Sir, if I may just ask you a couple questions? I swear it won't take but a moment of your time."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The man is just opening the front gate into a clearly well tended garden.

"What for, its not like anyone bothers to listen to me" the old man harumphs again and leads the dog through the gate. Then looking back at Greg. "Well you might as well come in, make sure you shut the gate behind you or Polly will be off like a flash. I'm making a cup of tea anyway."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"It looks like Greg can question the old man. I'm going to see what I can find out." Clay approaches the house to get as close as he can, looking for anything unusual like markings on the burnt walls. If a cop approaches I'm going to claim I'm a nephew and want to know whats going on.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz takes out her camera and joins the small crowd of reporters, where she starts taking photographs of the scene. "Hullo," she says. "Do you know if they've released any information?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As Liz and Clay walk towards the house a man gets out of a Hertz rental and calls out "You here to supervise the interview?" Its not clear wether he was talking to Clay, Liz, jacob or Greg. Although Greg has now dissapeared down the pathway in pursuit of the old man.
OOC: All,Clay and Liz are both heading towards the house they are nearest, Jacob is still close to the car having given up on talking to the locals and Greg has now left the close. Anyone who wants to talk to the man should go to [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2779&p=116057#p116057]Jason Tavener[/url] Greg now goes [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2789]here[/url]
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

As the others go to different directions Jacob will confront the man called Jason.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz also approaches the man.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: ALL,Guys Still waiting on Clay and Greg. As noted Clay was noted as walking with Liz he can react as he wants. Is he talking to man who got out of the car and called to them, or going to the site of the house fire? If Clay wants to talk join the others in talking to this man he should go to [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2779&p=116057#p116057]Jason Tavener[/url] please say otherwise.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,thought I did post above and was awaiting a response
Clay moved closer to the house trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. Trying to discern anything unusual about the house. In particular on the walls and floors, if there was any kind of ritual type marks on the house. See if he can overhear the cops of what they might be saying.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The ground floor of the house is concealed behind tall white privacy screens, but from what Clay can see the house is now little more than a shell.

As he stands looking around two men step around the screens one in a police officers uniform the other in fire service coveralls, the small crowd of newspaper and radio people all push forward.

Ladies and gentlmen to those who don't know me my name is Superintendant Gary Hobbs. I have a short announcement but I will not be answering questions at this time. The bodies of Mr and Mrs Tolka have been identified as the two corpses found tied to chairs in the kitchen, we are treating the deaths as murders. There is no sign of the third occupant; Elira Nesimi, an Albanian girl who they were caring for Hillingdon Social Services.
We believe Mr and Mrs Thomas may have been tortured before they were killed, they had been tied to chairs in the kitchen. Mr Thomas clearly received several blows to the head which fractured his skull. As yet we have no motive for their murder. Our investigation is far from over, and we will not close it until these arsonists and the missing girl are found!"

The inspector then takes a step back while the man in coveralls steps forward. Hi my name is Martin Timmis, of the Fire and Rescue Service, I'm the head of the investigation being carried out to find exactly how the fire was started. At this point all we can say is whoever started the fire was a skilled arsonist, it’s clear that there was more than one seat of fire. As yet we have been unable to identify the materials used to start the fire. Considering the heat which our fire crews reported when fighting the fire I suspect that in this case we will find Mr and Mrs Thomas were killed by the fire itself rather than smoke inhalation.”

The inspector then steps forward again. Can I just add, we are at this point looking for the Tolka’s housekeeper, a lady known as Teto. She is not a suspect but we believe she holds valuable information which will assist us with our enquiries. Thankyou.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clay pushes forward with the reporters, but stays out the outer edge of the group. If he can get close enough to the screens he will take a peak over or between them. If possible he will try and take some quick pictures with his phone. Not really worrying about what he is shooting, just trying to get the floor and walls.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Clay,Spot Hidden and Photography rolls please. These are privacy screens designed to prevent just what Clay is trying to do.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton can't seem to find a decent angle or get a large enough gap in the screens to see much if anything.
OOC I Sux,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3231372/]Spot Hidden target = 45%; photography target = 10% (1d100=88, 1d100=50)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clayton recieves an SMS from Jacob indicating they have probably found someone who knows about the case.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”