CH1-6 Roadtrip - All.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-6 Roadtrip - All.

Post by ghill »

By dint of listening to the radio and using Jacob's AA Road Atlas, 'the team' is able to navigate through the rush hour traffic to Glendale road, the site of last night's house fire. A new development on the outskirts of Longford, a village immediately west of Heathrow Airport in the London Borough of Hillingdon. Despite its proximity to the A4, and Heathrow Airport, Longford has retained its rustic village character.

The house itself has been sealed behind a temporary screen whilst Police and London Fire Service ascertain whether the house is safe and then whether there are any bodies to be recovered, as well as to gather evidence. There are a couple of radio cars here as well as a small crowd of newspaper reporters. Locals seem in short supply.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Roadtrip - All.

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's a wonder they placed her in a home so close to the airport," says Liz. "You'd think they'd be afraid she'd slip away." She looks around at the police to see if she recognizes White or Allen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

*******On their way, in the car*******

Friends, I gave the picture of the sigil to my Rabbi for identification. I hope to receive a message soon from him and from a private investigator that is checking somethings for me.
Jacob say
What about you?
Clayton, had any success with the tattoos? Liz, what with the reporters and Greg, fill us up with the talk you had with Dr. Ubani.

*******At the Scene*******

Sad …
Jacob say as he look at the burnt house.
We ca ask the neighbors if they saw anything unusual.
Last edited by royya on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Liz,Liz can't see White or Allen although they could be behind the tall privacy screens.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well nothing so far. My contact didn't recognize the patterns but said there is a trade show this weekend and he'd show it around to see what he could come up with." Clayton said and then he seemed reluctant before continuing. "I had another idea but its pretty risky. My guess is that the tattoos are tied to Albanians. There are some Albanian gangs here in London. Run a lot of the prostitution in the city. I could spread a bit of cash around and get an introduction, but it could be pretty risky. I think its something we wait on till we run out of other options."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds eminently reasonable," says Liz. "I'm corresponding via email with one of the reporters, the one from the Evening Standard who wrote the article about the body parts found in the factory in South London. The police did look into the tattoos and concluded that they were done abroad because the ink wasn't standard commercial composition. They never confirmed the cause of death, but they suspected that the victims were burned to death. They never had any suspects, nor did they identify the bodies. The reporter asked me who I was and why I was interested, so I explained about the incident at Heathrow - the bits that don't sound crazy - and mentioned the possible links between that and the murders. I wonder if that reporter is here now?" She does a quick online search on the reporter to find a picture, then scans the faces of the press to see if she can find that one. "Might be worthwhile talking to the reporters anyway."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Liz,Liz easily picks up a photo from the article on the Evening standard website but there doesn't seem to be anyone matching the picture (tall blonde hair - Name Jo Tate)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't see the reporter, Jo Tate, here," says Liz. "Nor the detectives from Heathrow, though they could be behind the screen. Maybe I should email Jo and let her know about the fire, see if she shows up?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob tries to grab one of the interested locals and ask innocently what is happening over here. He will try to extract information about the family that lived here and their daughter.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob catches a local man as he brings out some rubbish. The man looks suspiciously at Jacob.

"Get lost, I'm not talking to any more reporters"
OOC:,If Jacob wants to stop the man before he goes back into his house, then he's going to have to [b]Fast Talk[/b] P or [b]Persuade[/b] the man he is not a journalist
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Everyone,Can I have [b]Spot Hiddens[/b] from everyone who is getting out of the car.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Fast Talk and Spot Hidden (1d100=92, 1d100=43)
Failed both rolls.

Clearly the men around are troubled and were bothered too much.
Jacob withdraws his attempts, not wanting to be a burden on the locals he might need in the future. He will try later...
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton swore he something out of the corner of his eye but then a really hot girl caught his eye. After she passed, whatever he thought he had seen was gone.
spot hidden,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216662/]Spot hidden target = 45 (1d100=49)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz gets out and stretches, not really noticing anything new. "So, do you chaps think I should send Jo Tate an email and tell her about this, or not?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

On the way there, Greg informs them of his conversation with Dr. Ubani. "He couldn't help me with one case, said I should speak with the Hertfordshire Coroner about it. But for the case where he did participate, he suggested that there were just two victims in the fire. He was confounded by the fire itself... for it takes in excess of 800 degrees centigrade to do that kind of damage to a body, and yet the room showed little evidence of the fire. They are certain that the combustion took place on the spot from the samples of fat being pulled off the walls and ceiling. Both the teenage girl, and the older woman had tribal or ethnic tattoos on them... and he suspected they were East European, probably here illegally, trafficked in as prostitutes. I was going to spend some time looking through missing person reports over the month proceeding the event to see if either of the women might show up, but it'll probably come up empty if they were here illegally." He thought for a moment longer, then lifted a finger and added, "Oh yeah, and DNA evidence suggested they were not related."

Once on the scene of the fire, he looked up at the burnt building and said to the others, "Well... whatever caused this fire doesn't appear to be as quick as what happened to the others considering the extent of damage to the house itself. Still... I know what I dreamed. Maybe there was some excellerant involved?"
Spot Hidden - failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3220260/]Spot Hidden (45%) (1d100=50)[/url]
He looked around the crowd and tried to find someone who was exhibiting emotions that did not fit well with the scenario. Perhaps a smug smile, or look of anger.
Psychology (if you want it) - success,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3220261/]Psychology (60%) (1d100=22)[/url]
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:Greg,Over on the other side of the close Greg sees an old man out with his dog giving the police a hard time, appart from him everyone has a studied indifference.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I never ever, in my wildest dreams, thought a man could se a blaze on their own.
Jacob remarks.
Unless, they swallow something chemical that cause them to explode and burn from within as part of a strange cult ceremony.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg heads over to where the man is giving police a hard time, trying to overhear what the argument is about.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"No I've heard about it. Not sure I ever believed it. But I heard about an old woman that burned to nothing, but the rocking chair she was in was barely burnt at all. So this is just a good old fashion torching if you ask me. Hey Jacob, where you going?" Clay asks.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg looks over his shoulder at Clay, "Me? I'm Greg. Heading over there..." he pointed the direction and then continued closing in on the ongoing argument.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”