CH1-5 The Offices of Wales and Cox

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-5 The Offices of Wales and Cox

Post by ghill »

After explaining to his surprised work colleagues why he isn't in Israel Jacob introduces Greg and then finds him a spare office and a phone.*

Jacob spends several fruitless hours trying to dig up court records for either of the murders but is unsuccessful which makes sense if nobody has been caught. The best thing would be to check police records but he wouldn't be permitted access to those. Jacob however has been in a similar position before and knows that Andrew Milton the private investigator his office uses is a former Met Police officer and may be able to get this information for him.
OOC Jacob,Clearly this is off the books and technically illegal.
Greg is in an equally difficult position neither morgues nor hospitals tend to give out the sort of information that he is seeking. A phonecall to the states and the pathologists at work back in the states by early afternoon Greg has the name and the phone number for Dr Richard Ubani the pathologist at Guys Hospital in Southwark which his contact believes is the most likely man to have done the job or will know who did.

*It seemed logical thing the two of you would head to Jacob's offices where all facilities are available.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: The Offices of Wales and Cox

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg tries to find Jacob to fill him in on Dr. Richard Ubani - the pathologist at Guy's Hospital in Southwark. "In most cases, there is doctor/patient confidentiality clauses in action. But in the cases we're interested in, the patients are all dead. I would think he might be more willing to help us if he knows another girl could be in danger."
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

GM,Yes, this is illegal. Allan shore was doing illegal stuff in [i]"Boston legal"[/i] too :)
I agree
Jacob reply to Greg
Just let me do one phone call before we can both head to Southwark.

Jacob will call Andrew Milton, the private investigator and will ask for some help. He will tell him get some information about the cases and that he should do it off the record and keep a low profile.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

After listening to Jacob's explanation Andrew tells him he'll ask around some of his former colleagues and see what he can dig up, he'll bill the company as general research for Jacob, which he'll expect Jacob to sign off. He reckons it will be a couple of days before he has anything as he'll need to tread softly to prevent arousing suspicions.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I will take care of the police records but we'll have to be patient.
Jacob whispers to Greg.
We can head to Southwark.

With that Jacob goes to his colleagues at work, saying that even thought he is in London, he is going to keep the vacation days off work he asked for his private trip to Israel.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Both,So your heading down to Southwark? Might it not be an idea to call the guy first and arrange a meeting rather than turn up on his doorstep. Also what story are you going to give him?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg says, "We should call the guy first... tell him, oh... I don't know, like maybe we're doing a report on mysterious deaths and was hoping to get some input from him. We don't even have to tell him that we're interested in these particular girls at first. It might come out later, and we might come clean with our true intentions, but this I think will get our foot in the door."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob nods and motions Greg to his office. On the way he asks the secretary to arrange a meeting with Dr. Richard Ubani, asking her to tell him that he must meet him urgently regarding a murder case. Waiting for her to acknowledge his request, he invites Greg for a glass of wine.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Royya & Imp,Royya I'm not acting on your suggestion - Greg was given a name and contact, so I'm leaving the final say so to him.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

ghill wrote:
OOC: Royya & Imp,Royya I'm not acting on your suggestion - Greg was given a name and contact, so I'm leaving the final say so to him.
OOC,Sure, On this topic I will give the doctor to say the last word :)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg gets on his cell phone and calls the number for Dr. Richard Ubani, introducing himself by his real name - but lying and saying he is a writer doing a special bit on pathology - specifically dealing with 'mysterious deaths'. He asks for a chance to meet the man face-to-face to field some questions through him.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Psychology roll please. Success means he Greg realises he'll be more responsive to a person with whom he has some connection - ie a friend of the pathologist in Boston, than some stranger ringing him up out of the Blue.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Psychology - succeeds,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3197620/]Psychology (60%) (1d100=33)[/url]
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg rings Dr Ubani. Introducing himself as a work colleague of Steve White the resident pathologist at Boston General, he goes onto add that Steve gave him Dr Ubani's name as someone who might be able to help with Greg's research paper on occult symbology in murders. Dr Ubani is apparently delighted to hear about his old friend, seems enthusiastic about Greg's paper and suggests Greg meet him at the Oxo tower8pm for dinner tomorrow his treat.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg smiles as he bids adieu and hangs up the phone. He looks to Jacob as he lifts his glass of wine, "We've got an appointment." He finishes his drink, then informs Greg, "Unfortunately, it isn't until tomorrow evening. So apparently we have some time to kill."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Unless you have any specific research you want to star,mention it here otherwise its probably time to head back to your relevant digs and ready yourselves for the coming day. - when your ready head back to "Home again home again."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Fantastic.
Jacob reply with a smile
I have a good feeling about it...
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,There's a lot of time between now and then. I'd like to do some research on Athens, particularly if anything special is going on there currently. And if time allows, I'd also like to check with an astrologist to see if there is any correlation with the alignment of planets and the current date and the dates of those two other deaths.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Research:,An hour or so of stufy on Athens doesn't bring up anything remarkable in the news feeds. After which you start looking into planetary alignments and the like. However, by the time the office manager comes around to tell Greg he is locking up, Greg still hasn't found anything of interrest Summer solstice is in June and while there are some planetary alignments there is nothing out of the ordinary as far as he's aware.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg jots down the time and place where they are to meet tomorrow, then bids Jacob good evening and heads on back to his hotel.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”