CH1-4 Speakers corner

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-4 Speakers corner

Post by ghill »

April 09 - Morning Speakers Corner - Hyde Park.

There is a hint of better weather coming, but it is a typically damp April morning Speakers Corner is quiet appart from the last few late commuters and early tourists.
OOC:,First to post is first to arrive.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Speakers corner

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg hopped out of the taxi and looked around to make sure he was at the right place. Quickly, he moved to stand underneath an awning and look around for the others.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton walks up to the area, "So how you feeling... Greg? Is that right?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz emerges from the Marble Arch Tube station and strolls down Cumberland Gate until she reaches a point where she can cross over to Broad Walk. When she nears Speakers' Corner, she recognizes Greg and Clayton and waves to them as she approaches. "Morning, chaps," she says. "I managed to get a good night's sleep, at least. Came up empty, though. I hope you've had better luck."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Hey Liz", Clayton brightens up as she approaches, "Just what I heard on the news, which was pretty much what we already knew."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

"Morning..."
Jacob greets the others as he approach and gets straight to business.
"I had a weird dream when I left the airport, nothing of importance to me since everything was so tense, I waved in out of my mind till I saw an email from Liz, telling me she had the same dream, where I was locked in a house, everything was barred and there was something abstract and unrealistic creeping outside."

"I was looking for similar stories on the news but failed to find one. No suspected terrorist activities in any airport in Europe. I even went further with my imagination and thought about the memory loss but I found that time was the same at my watch and my laptop’s clock."

"The girl is the key and we must somehow obtain the photos of her injuries and find out her name. Come to think about it, it could be some nasty work, but we can call all the adoption agencies in London and search for the Albanian girl. Her nationality is rare enough so we can hit a success on that matter."
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Mornin' Jacob, I also had a similar dream on the way back to my flat yesterday. But we can probably narrow our search down, it was probably social services that placed the girl. And probably the office closest to the airport." Clayton replied.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg responded, "I had the same dream ... as I left the coffee shop yesterday on the way to the library. I tried a little searching for stories of lost time and dehydration in the library archives, but came up empty. However, this morning I did find some rather interesting articles regarding body parts with ritualistic runes carved in them."

He pulled out the articles that he had printed out and passed them around so everyone could read.
Second Body Part in a Week Discovered in Rural Hertfordshire,[b](Dated June last year)[/b] [i]"Police are trying to establish the identity of a murder victim after two limbs believed to be from the same body were found a week apart in rural Hertfordshire. A body part, believed to be a forearm, was found by two walkers in Drovers lane, Wheathampstead, yesterday afternoon. It was left unclothed and uncovered on a grass verge with no apparent attempt made to conceal it. A week earlier a foot was discovered half a mile away miles away in Cottered, off the A507. Analysis suggests the leg came from an adult white or Asian woman between 5ft 4ins and 5ft 6ins tall. The foot was found by the remains of a large by a local resident. A full DNA profile obtained from it did not show up a match on the national database, indicating that the woman did not have a criminal record. Police believe the arm may have been moved by a fox or Red Kite. Both arm and foot were heavily tattood in a style which the police described as ethnic or possibley occult. Both forearm and foot were badly burnt.[/i]
Body Parts Found in Abandoned Factory,[b](Dated August 2006)[/b] [i]A double murder inquiry is under way today after the hackedup body parts of two women were found inside a derelict factory. The upper torso of a teenager and the leg of an older woman were found buried in ash and rubbish. The gruesome discovery of the leg was made by an elderly tramp searching through the rubbish yesterday at the factory near Wandsworth Bridge, South London . When police searched the area they found the torso. An initial post-mortem examination today revealed the torso was that of a girl as young as 14, while the leg was that of a woman aged about 20. Both victims were white. The factory is on the edge of a housing estate and police are hopeful-that because of the location of the find, someone in the area will have spotted any suspicious behaviour. College Bar landlady Rachel Musrati said today: "We heard yesterday morning that a body had been discovered. Now we know it's a double murder hunt. The whole area is crawling with police trying to find the rest of the bodies. It's an awful situation." Police believe the body parts may have been dumped several months ago. Police are uncertain whether the body parts are those of a mother and daughter, or whether the victims had been working as prostitutes in the area, which is close to Euston station both body parts were heavily tattood. The estate was cordoned off today as police carried out house-to-house inquiries, hoping to find anyone who knows of two women who have recently gone missing. Officers were also searching other derelict buildings in the area for any further body parts.[/i]
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Both news items have been posted to the [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2720]News thread[/url]. NB The Hertfordshire murder should actually be dated June - my bad.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Edited my post to reflect the date change.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I didn't find anything about missing time and dehydration either," says Liz. "We can try to look into this bizarre shared dream, but I wouldn't count on finding anything about that either. Maybe it's something post-hypnotic. Only way I can think of that we could all be having the same dream. But it looks like these murders are our best lead. This second article quotes Rachel Musrati, the landlady at the College Bar. I'm not sure how much she'll know, but it may be worth talking to her. Then we can check out the factory where they found the body parts. I'm sure the coppers already went over it, but maybe they missed something - and maybe they didn't know what to look for."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg responded, "Well... Here are the things I've noticed about those articles. 1) Two separate women appear to be affected in both cases. We've met one in this case, maybe there is another? 2) Both of the incidents report a burning of the victims... whatever caused the conflagration certainly could be related to dehydrating or faster burning cigarettes. What if these other victims are some sort of spontaneous combustion? That means the girl they have in custody is in great danger, as is anyone in her immediate vicinity. As for seeking out these old sites where the body parts were found, I fear so much time has passed that there's hardly any chance of anything important being found there. However, if we could find out who these other four women originated, and our fifth mystery woman who is in custody, we might have a chance of identifying where they were all from ... and just possibly come up with some correlation that way."

Greg also states, "Perhaps these incidents are related somehow to astrological events... alignments of the planets, or a passing comet, or something else that might trigger some sort of ritualistic timing. We could look back and see if there is any relationship to our current date, June of last year, and August 2006."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, they're each ten months apart," points out Liz. "Maybe that's just a coincidence, but maybe not. I've heard of spontaneous combustion, but it's also possible that whoever killed them simply burned the bodies to destroy the evidence or as part of some ritual. Or they might have been burned while they were still alive, the same way the Albanian girl was. And what's this about a faster burning cigarette? One of you mentioned one before, but you never explained what it was about."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg interjects with a shrug, "It takes a great deal of heat to completely burn body parts. Bones are remarkably resilient. And that sort of heat isn't likely to leave parts simply scorched around the edges. This has all the elements of classic cases of spontaneous combustion. The ritual symbols are something new though."
ooc,What year is it in game? I thought it was current - which means those events were several years apart.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You may be right," says Liz. "It's worth looking into, at any rate. Here's another thought: we should talk to the reporters who wrote these articles. They've already done some of the legwork. Also, there's a possibility for the significance of ten month gaps. The human gestation period is a bit over nine months. All of the victims were female too. Now, the girl we saw sure didn't look pregnant. She's rather young to have been anyhow, though it's not impossible at her age."
OOC,It's April 9, 2008.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Date,It is as Mr Handy says April 9 2008 the two incidents were reported as being 30 June 2007 and 15 August 2006.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

I saw one of the airport employees smoking a cigarette and it burned so fast I thought I was dreaming … but could be the result of personal tensions and nerves.

Jacob reply

I agree, finding patterns with dates and locations on the map can prove useful when dealing with fanatical psychotic murderers. I wonder if there was a progress with solving the cases, maybe I can use some connections with the state's prosecutor or someone from the police to give me some information.

Turning to Clayton he add

Trying social services is a wise idea. We can take this route either. The girl could be in a grave danger for herself and her surroundings.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I wouldn't discount what you saw," says Liz. "There may be something to it. I didn't think smoking was allowed in the airport except in designated areas, but that doesn't mean nobody does it. Which employee was it? The Oriental-looking chap?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Yes.
Jacob reply to Liz
I think that I'm trying not to believe what I saw ... the miracles god shows us are much more then a quick to burn cigarette.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That is true," says Liz. "There must be some scientific explanation as to why that cigarette burned so fast. I just haven't got the foggiest idea what it is - yet."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”