CH1-3 WtD around the coffee table - Everyone.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-3 WtD around the coffee table - Everyone.

Post by ghill »

Consider this thread a place you can ask about things OOC without then having to detail everything back in the current IC thread. I thought might stop things dragging as you share snippets of information IC.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Re: OOC - CH1 - WtD around the coffee table - Everyone.

Post by royya »

Jacob intention is to clear his name, doing so with the help of the other that suffered the same symptom. We can agree to investigate the things Jacob wrote in the list using our capabilities.
We can search the internet, newspaper, police or the court for records for similar events of children that were suspected in terrorism where events, similar to what we had – memory loss, injuries, ordinary people that tries to help but do not recall and such.
The injuries patterns could be helpful to find similar crime cases or religious glyphs that match by resemblance.
We can find out who is the Greek woman. She could be like us, an innocent woman or she may be part of the plot.
We can search for other events of memory loss and blackened but I doubt this route will help us.
The most important is to find out the identity of the girl. What's her name? Where are the parents, if any exist?

playing it IC will take a lot of time ... we can agree on our intetions and go on rolling.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Sounds good to me. The girl is supposed to be put in a foster home. I'm not even sure how to go about trying to track down where she is being put.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Presumably our solicitor(s) can request that information from the police. They will need to interview the girl as a witness, after all.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

There is no way Social Services would give that information out even to a solicitor if someone needs to interview the girl she'll be brought to them or more likely to the local Social Services offices.

Also bear in mind you have all been released without charge and without bail, this essentially means the police either do not believe there is a charge for you to answer or if there is, there isn't enough evidence to obtain a conviction. - You have no need of solicitors unless you intend to start a private prosecution either against the police or against the girl. However, Jacob is aware that both would likely be thrown out by a judge as being "without merit".
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

that was my thinking.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

So, we should start our own private investigation ... just in case the police and the GM are hiding some information from us.
And this is what CoC is all about ... let’s start investigating the weird events. :)

But seriously, we can agree on beginning our search tomorrow by finding stories similar stories.
Now, maybe one of us can return to the detectives and ask to show us again the wounds, saying something like. “I thought I remembered something but don’t” or trying to obtain with a fast talk roll the name of the girl.

Hmm... I can say that I want to press charges against her or her parents, for doing something for me and ask for her personal info for the charge.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”