CH1-4 Home Again, Home Again - Clayton only

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-4 Home Again, Home Again - Clayton only

Post by ghill »

The Tube platform is busy with holiday makers, mostly backpackers and packagae holiday makers taking the cheapest form of transport back into London. Clay walks along the platform and finds an empty carriage and flops into a seat. He only has to waite a few minutes before the doors slide shut and the train pulls out of the station...

Clay's trapped, every door in the house is locked, every window barred, there's no way to climb onto the roof. The house is large and well furnished, but there is no way out for him. He runs from room to room, searching, but each door he pulls open has only a featureless brick wall behind it. Eventually he come to the front door, and as he reachs for the handle, it unlocks, a bright light moves across the glass. As the heavy, iron-studded oak door opens towards him, a nameless dread flows through his veins...

Clay awakens, drenched in sweat.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Home Again, Home Again - Clayton only

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton wakes up and immediately checks his surroundings and items. He doesn't usually fall asleep in a public place like the tube.

When his stop comes up he gets off and heads straight to his flat. Washes his face and tries to get some better sleep. He chalks it all up to that damn girl and sleeping on the tube.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Assuming Clayton gets to his flat ok, he pops a cold brew and flips on the tellie to see if anything that happened at the airport made it to the news.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

BBC News at 10pm

A review of airport security was under way today after a 14-year-old girl boarded a flight without any passport or documentation.

The youngster, walked on to a plane at Heathrow Airport bound for Athens at 8am today.

Despite airport security being on red-alert following the alleged terrorist plot to bomb planes, she managed to somehow get through airport security, get on the plane and was settling down with a drink and a snack when a member of the Monarch Airlines crew realised something was amiss and reported her to the police.

The youngster did not have a passport, boarding pass or any other travel documents.

A "security alert" was then raised by airport safety officers and the Metropolitan Police. The Metropolitan Police is the Home Office police force responsible for policing Heathrow.
The girl, believed to be an illegal immigrant has been put into foster care until the authorities what decide on what steps to take next.

<cuts to woman being interviewed in Heathrow departures lounge> "My worry is that if you have terrorists in these airports they could be looking round for someone who is vulnerable, and get them to take things on the planes for them. What happened is frightening, especially given the state of alert we are supposed to be on at the moment. I want to know how on Earth she was able to get through to the plane and take her seat." </back to studio>

BAA Security launched an investigation into the security breach at Heathrow and more delays expected despite the lifting of hand luggage restrictions at all UK airports following last week's terror alert.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

After a couple of brews and watching the news and a football game, Clayton goes to bed early to try and shake off whats bothering him.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

When Clay wakes in the morning he has a e-mail from Liz which basically describes a similar dream to the one Clay had when he fell asleep on the tube.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton is very surprised. He doesn't want any rash judgments, but this is totally screwed. He paces back and forth and then decides he needs to tell her. So he replies to her email. "Liz, I had the exact same dream on the tube as well. Have you talked to any of the others?"
After he hits send he fixes himself some food and tries to figure out what is going on. I'm sure without much luck.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Unless Clay has something else specific he wants to do I suggest moving onto meeting the others [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2721]at speakers corner[/url] as Jacob arranged. As Clay went to sleep he's effectively infront of the others timewise.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton packs up everything he might need and heads out to the meeting.
ooc,I wasn't sure where everyone else was and whether we were ready to move on or not. Great game so far, having a blast.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Don't worry it'll get less pleasant real fast :)
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Returning to his flat with a six pack and some chinese food and flops down infront of the TV flicking through the channels in a determined effort to find something amusing to end the day with.

...Clay wakes in a girl's bedroom, full of stuffed animals and toys, the light is off, it's nightime, but light streams in from outside. Pulling the window curtain aside, just a little bit, Clay sees an old man standing underneath a street lamp. He wears a long dark coat with a thick fur collar turned up, his hair is long and unkempt. Even from this distance Clay can tell he is looking up at him and the mans eyes are full of fire. He kneels and touches the ground, a bale fire burns on the street in front of the man, rushing forward it splits apart, coming back together to form a sigil, a living, burning brand on the tarmac. The flickering light illuminates Clay's arm, the same one he pushed the curtain open with, the same sigil has been cut into his forearm.

Clay awakens in his chair to find the same symbol on her arm, it feels like sunburn but is quickly fading.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Shaking, Clayton grabs a paper and pencil and traces the symbol as best he can. He then grabs his phone and sends a text to Liz stating he had another weird dream.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

[Spoiler-Button]OOC: An Art roll please to capture the essence of the mark :)[/Spoiler-Button]
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,An Art roll please to capture the essence of the mark before it fades completely.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC Art,Well I suck at art. But I'm not trying to paint a landscape here, just trace a symbol that I can still see on my hand. I would hope I get some bonuses. Anyway, Invis castle is down right now. So go ahead and roll my whopping 5%, because if I actually rolled the 01 at home you would never believe it. I wouldn't.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clayton struggles to capture anything more of the sigil than the general shape, the exercise is difficult though because the sigil is on the same arm he is trying to draw with. When he's finished Clayton holds up the piece of paper it looks about right, its lacking any real detail but he's confident he's got the shape.
OOC:,No bonuses if anything there should be negatives, however I rolled a 10% so Clay captured some likeness if poorly.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC,sounds good to me. I guess I'm thinking simple. Is it still night, or morning. Damn, should have just taken a picture of my hand. Next time that is the plan if it happens again.
Satisfied that he got the drawing close, Clayton takes a pic of the drawing to have a backup, slaps himself in the head for not having just taken a picture of his hand. Clayton then tries to get a better night sleep.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Its the very early hours of the morning.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As clayton crawls into be his phone pings with an email from Liz: "I had the same exact dream Greg did and woke up with this symbol on my arm. It started to fade quickly, but I was able to snap this piccy. It's a bit rubbish, but there wasn't enough time to get a proper shot." a photo is attached to the mail it shows a familiar sigil
OOC: SAN loss,SAN loss 0/D3 - as Clay realises he Greg and Liz have all had the same dream.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

This was crazy, people didn't have the same dreams. What the hell was going on. Clayton tossed and turned the rest of the night not sleeping. The image of this signal still burned in his brain.
Sanity Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3198890/]Sanity target (30) (1d100=62)[/url]
Sanity loss,[b]Clayton [/b]losses 2 points sanity, [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3198891/]Sanity loss (1d3=2)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”