Page 1 of 1

CH1-3 Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:54 pm
by ghill
Clayton grabs a coffee with what little change he has left and plonks himself down at a table overlooking the entrance to the business lounge. He has only been sitting there a few moments when he over hears a snippet of conversation the woman at the table next to him is having

"Yes, they arrested a juvenile girl........ No, no english, they've identified her as an Albanian speaker.......... Nope no ID, no money, no mobile phone, only the clothes on her back...." Then clearly concious she is talking loudly the woman moderates what she is saying.
OOC:,If Clay wants to hear more he'll need a [b]Listen[/b] roll. Don't worry if he fails the roll, he may still be able to make out some further snippets of conversation. I also needs a [b]Spot Hidden[/b] roll in order for you to spot Jacob as he leaves the business lounge.

Re: IC - CH1 - Watching the detectives.

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 pm
by BenTheRat
ooc,sorry didn't see you change this.
Clayton definitely gets caught up in the conversation the lady is having. As she lowers her voice Clayton listens even more intently to the point where he misses Jacob coming out of the coffee shop.
Listen and Spot hidden,I pass the listen check but fail horribly on the Spot Hidden [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3168633/]Listen at the coffee shop (25) Spot Hidden to see Jacob (45) (1d100=17, 1d100=90)[/url]

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:58 am
by royya
Jacob on the other hand spotted Clayton. He identifies him as one of the men that were questioned earlier. Haunted by mysterious thoughts and questions he could not find a reasonable answer to Jacob decides to approach the man and gather more information.
Catching Clayton unaware, Jacob say
"Good day to you sir, I'm Jacob Greenberg, a solicitor. As I'm part of what happened earlier with the girl, I wondered of I may take a moment from your time as I'm very interested to hear your part of the story about what happened."

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:45 pm
by ghill
OOC: Clayton,[color=#0080FF]"...The translator said her name is Elira Nesimi, the police have no missing persons reports in her name...no we should ask them..... No twelve, although she could be a lot older, you know how hard it is to tell. Translator said she's Albanian, from the countryside, with no living relatives....Yes I agree it could be a sob story to prevent deportation or protecting someone more likely ...... Yes Almost certainly trafficked..... She doesn’t know where she was kept, but it was clearly somewhere in London....... No you know really strange but no, no sign of sexual abuse, the girl appears to still be a virgin..... No I can’t be certain that she wasn’t sexually abused in other ways, but she shows no sign of age inappropriate knowledge.......You've seen the pictures then? I know really horrible stuff, and all very deliberately done by someone, she couldn’t possibly have done them all herself. The Police examiner says some of them are over a year old.... Yes, yes, No I dont think so.... No I’m recommending she be released into the Care of Social Services, we’ll find foster parents and see if she doesn’t open up a bit more when she’s in a place of safety."[/color] At this point Jacob arrives and greets Clayton at which point the woman becomes aware that she might have an audience and grabs her coffee and walks off to somewhere a bit more private.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:53 pm
by BenTheRat
As Jacob approaches and begins to talk Clayton has a mix of emotions showing. A bit irritated that the woman talking was now leaving, but a bit of relief as well that he hadn't missed Jacob leaving the secure area where the police were keeping them.

Clayton hushes Jacob for a second while gesturing for him to sit until the woman talking was well out of earshot.
"Sorry about that bud, but was trying to get some intel there and that woman seemed to have a lot of it about that chick. Names Clay, get a tea or coffee, I think we have some things to talk about."

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:24 pm
by royya
Raising his eyebrow Jacob reply
How can we help each other? tell me what you know ...

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:27 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton took a drink of his coffee and looked Jacob up and down.

"Sure, but I'd like to hear your side of things as well. I think most of us know about her looking in our eyes and us losing time. Hurt like hell like it was burning. In my vid they showed me, going blank and handing over all my cash then head for the loo. What did yours show?"

Re: IC - CH1 - Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:45 am
by royya
"I encountered the girl in the lines of security and lost memory of what happened further."

Jacob reply to Clayton, nods to Liz as she approach the table and offer her a seat.

"Not sure if you met, Liz - Clayton. Apparently he suffered from the same symptom we had. A temporary amnesia and zombie like actions."

Jacob shakes as he just thought of the zombified things he did and cannot recall.

"As I told you, I want to investigate the event further to collect as much evidence to understand what happened to us and to prepare myself and you legally to the day the state will try to press charges. I'm sure that the police know more then they are willing to share at this time and probably they store more videos of us from the port."

He looks at both and adds

"I want to find if there were past events like the one we had earlier, and again ..."

He turns to Clayton

"Have you see pictures of the girl like Liz was given to see."

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:30 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton smiled when Liz came up to the table. "Hey biwt have a seat, call me Clay."

Then in a bit of a lower voice. "I'd also like to find out what the mun happened. First time the cops ever rounded me up, and I sure have a bone to pick with her or whoever put her up to this. I tell you though, those tats had a mega occult flavor to 'em. Couldn't put my finger on what, don't know enough about that shite, but enough to know it was related. That little scrut is Albanian as well, place is crawling with gypsies and slave trade. I think we maybe looking at a bit of both here."
"The chick doesn't speak English either, so how I understood her I have no clue, I figure if you don't speak proper, shush your noise, you know."

ooc,edited to hopefully make ghill laugh a little less. :D

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:33 pm
by ghill
Clayton/liz,Sorry that made me laugh. You don't really call a girl you don't know 'bird' to her face; its not insulting/rude per se its just a bit patronising and its a bit 70's. It would probably get a frown from a girl like Liz. Luv is slighty more normal, though probably just as patronising. :) Anyway a lad from the valleys would probably be using [url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=welsh%20slang&page=8]Welsh Slang[/url] as it would confuse everyone especially the busys (Cops)

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz sits down at the table. Clay seems like a bit of a chav, she thinks, but I'll reserve judgment. "The tattoos looked vaguely familiar to me too," she says. "I couldn't identify why either. I'm always interested in weird stuff, but I never figured it would actually happen to me. I know I ought to be freaked out or scared, but part of me can't help thinking how cool it is. That poor girl, though. If you've seen those photos, you know what was done to her. Maybe she was just trying to hop a plane so she could get away from whoever did it. I'd like to know what's going on too. I was telling Jacob about the phenomenon of missing time earlier. I can look up online to see about other, similar occurrences of it."

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 am
by royya
"Albanian you say ... The majority of the population is Muslim over there, could be something religious ... hold your thoughts..."

Jacob pondered over the topic. He makes his way to the coffee counter and grabs two servietteדs. A moment later he returns to the sit, takes two pens from his stuff and hand them to Clayton and Liz with the blank serviettes.

"Can you draw the shapes you saw on her body please ..."

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:26 am
by ghill
Art rolls please.

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:14 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton looked down at the pen for a minute. Picked it up and started to draw something that looked a lot like chicken scratch. Then put the pen down.
art,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3172909/]Art roll target (5) haha (1d100=68)[/url]
"Dwmbo, anything I draw would be bumpin'. I just know the tats were angen. I also heard the cont was being put in a foster home. It would be tidy if we could talk to the jeefe."
ooc,I'm sure you are falling out of your chair laughing, but I'm doing my best ghill.

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Liz picks up the pen and sketches what she saw as best she can. It isn't terribly good, but it isn't too bad either. "Could be the girl does speak English and is only pretending not to understand it," she suggests. "That Greek woman might be another connection. Greece and Albania are right next to each other, and the woman was found with the girl. She might know more than she's letting on. I wonder which flight the girl boarded, and where it was bound. I was at the gate, so maybe we can look at the departure boards and see which flight took off from there." She tries to remember the number of the gate where she had found herself and scans the nearest list of departures to see if she can find it. She also checks to see if there were any flights to Greece or Albania this morning.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:44 pm
by ghill
OOC: Some quick Googling on her laptop and a check of both the BBC.news and the BAA websites would indicate the girl had probably got herself onto a flight to Athens. BBC news says it was a flight to Athens but is unconfirmed, the BAA departures information certainly confirms a flight to Athens at that time.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:36 am
by ImpInTraining
Jacob's phone rings...

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:18 am
by BenTheRat
Clayton looks a bit surprised.

"Greek woman, I didn't see any woman?"

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:33 am
by royya
ImpInTraining wrote:Jacob's phone rings...
"Hello, this is Jacob Greenberg."
Jacob greets the caller on the other side. Once he understand it is Greg he invites him to meet them outside the lounge, in the coffee shop.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:16 pm
by Mr. Handy

"They brought her in with the girl," Liz tells Clayton. "They had been sitting next to each other on the plane."

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm
by BenTheRat
"Wow, missed her completely, fixated on the girl I guess. Ah, here is Greg coming? Is that all of us that were affected?" Clayton asks.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:05 pm
by Mr. Handy

"There was also the cabbie, Tom Mason," says Liz.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:04 am
by royya
Jacob, like an organized lawyer should be, writes down a list of the things he wants to investigate.
"Albanian girl, former cases (Internet and newspapers), weird injury patterns, memory loss, Greek woman..."
He attach Clay's and Liz's drawing to the list ad raises his head to them
"Anything else?"

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:24 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg steps in and immediately finds the table with all the familiar faces. He smiles and waves, then crosses the room to their table. He dragged an empty chair from another table nearby and joined them without waiting to be invited. "What a royal fiasco that was. I hope everyone is OK." He looks around the table, eyes passing over each person in turn to see that none need any sort of medical treatment of any sort.

"After I got the embassy involved, they really didn't have very many questions for me at all. I even offered to help them with their investigation, and they pushed me away," Greg said, shrugging. "Their loss, I guess. Just wish I knew what the hell happened in there."

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:38 pm
by BenTheRat
"Well she wasn't working alone, she had the old woman. But what was the purpose? I mean I can kind of see why she mezzed on Liz her to get her passport. But me? I only had a few quid? Not sure about you? Did you lose anything?"

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:56 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg checks his belongings and tries to determine if he'd lost anything.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:44 pm
by ghill
Greg can find nothing missing from his hand luggage.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:51 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,including money ... airline ticket, etc?
"Does anybody know what plane she boarded?" Greg asked.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hi," says Liz when Greg sits down. "Yes, I just looked up the flight. It was bound for Athens." She rattles off the flight number and departure time. "My passport shouldn't have worked to get her through Border Control. She's rather too young to be me, and she looks different. But she pulled the same trick on the Border Control Officer that she did on me, and somehow she convinced him that she was me. When I came to, he accused me of trying to go through and claimed that he stopped me. The video proved that I didn't. Only the girl went through. Except there was this one bit where the video went black, but I hadn't moved from the spot. That happened in two places with two different cameras, both times when the girl was doing her thing. That can't be a coincidence. I offered to help the police with the issue with their CCTV cameras, but they turned me down too and refused to discuss the footage with me when I asked why there were bits missing."

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am
by royya
"I wrote down a list of things I want to investigate, I will be happy for some help Greg. Both Clayton and Liz agreed."

Jacob hands Greg the list

"Albanian girl, former cases (Internet and newspapers), weird injury patterns, memory loss, Greek woman..."

"Have you seen the injuries on the girl? As it seems, I'm the only one that haven’t seen them. Clayton and Liz suggested some weird pattern but have not managed to draw them accurately. Can you?"

Jacob hand a piece of paper and a pen to Greg.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:29 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg frowned... drawing just was not his forte. However, he tried miserably. "I remember there was this strange cross thing... (scribble scribble) and a spiraling circle figure... (scribble scribble) things that looked like barbed wire and pitch forks... (scribble scribble)..." he added a few more things and shrugged, passing the paper back. If you held it upside down, it was a lousy rendition of Tom and Jerry. "I'm sorry, there was a reason I chose the medical field over a school for the arts," he said with a wink. "I will tell you this much, it was absolutely impossible for the girl to have done all of that to herself. Someone carved those symbols on her."

Greg looked at the list of things to investigate and added, "I'll be happy to assist with this investigation. Nothing better to do for the time being, and besides, if we do get to the bottom of it I might have a decent bit of material to write up for a medical journal entry. With the memory loss, you should also include dehydration. It could help narrow down the search considerably. And didn't someone mention a quick-burning cigarette?"

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:00 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks," says Liz. "That's what I was planning to do when I look for information on missing time online. I've heard of the phenomenon before, but dehydration doesn't normally go with it. Like I said earlier, I can see it happening if you've lost hours, but it's unusual when it's just a few minutes. This is the first I've heard of a quick-burning cigarette, though. There were a couple of other people affected by this thing. I saw the Border Control agent in the waiting room, drinking Coke like it they were going to stop making it. And there was a young Oriental chap in a British Airways uniform. The girl must have gotten a boarding pass for the flight to Athens off of someone. Not the Greek woman, since she was on the plane, and I certainly didn't have one. Actually, I'm not sure if the Greek woman was sitting next to the girl, but they were brought in together from the plane. She told me she had handed her ticket over, then the girl came over, she got on the plane and fell asleep, and when she woke up there were police waving guns in her face."

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:49 am
by BenTheRat
"Well this is definitely something I want to follow up on. No on screws with my head but me. So count me in. I'm willing to do whatever is necessary. Including any of the jobs you folk don't want to get into." Clayton said, then sitting back and finishing off his coffee.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:10 am
by royya
"Correct..."
Jacob nods in agreement to Greg as he reminds him the quick burning cigarette of the Asian employee. He writes it down on the piece of paper, adding a new line with the dehydration symptom and attaches the doctor's drawing.

"What are your specialties?"
Jacob say as he turns to Liz and Clayton, trying to figure how to extract the maximum from the pair?

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Computers are my speciality," says Liz. "I've always been brill with them. I'm pretty good at research, I'm quite perceptive, and I've been studying a lot of history. I'm decent with cameras, both still and video. And I've learned a bit about strange phenomena, such as the missing time we've experienced. I've always been drawn to weirdness, but I believe there's a logical, scientific explanation for all the strange stuff that happens. I know a bit about science too, particularly physics."

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 am
by BenTheRat
Clayton looks around the table, "Look I'm good in a scrap if it comes to that. I can get in and out of places usually without being seen. May not be as book smart as Liz here but got some street smarts, and learned a bit about the weird stuff."

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:27 am
by royya
"We need to convince the police to hand us over the girl’s details. maybe I can get in again, asking to press charges against the girl and whoever is responsible for dragging me into this mess."
Jacob say as he scratch his fore head and turns to Greg

"What are the chances to have a copy or a photo of the girl with the wounds on her body ... maybe the doctor can help you see it again Greg ?"

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:40 pm
by ImpInTraining
"How soon do we need the details on the girl? I imagine, in the interest of a fair trial, the police will have to hand over all evidence to my solicitor, Mr. Trust from the Embassy. I should be able to convince him to allow me to see what the police gives him, it should be within my rights I would think," Greg stated.

"These days, pictures are typically digital. No one uses film anymore. Takes too long to process and develop. So my guess is, someone took those pictures of that girl with a digital camera... which means they had to download them to a computer in order to print out." He looked at Liz and asked, "Ever hacked into an airport private network?"

Greg also stated, "Aside from my obvious medical experience, I can also be quite persuasive in most cases, and have a bit of experience in psychological topics. I might be able to help convince the police officers to hand the girl's details over... but it's unlikely they'll cooperate since it is an ongoing investigation."

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:45 pm
by ghill
OOC: Jacob,[b]Law[/b] roll please.
OOC: Greg,[b]Psychology[/b] roll please.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:03 pm
by ImpInTraining
Psychology-succeeds,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3181837/]Psychology(60%) (1d100=8)[/url]

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:44 pm
by royya

Re: IC - CH1 - Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz, Greg

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:58 pm
by ghill
OOC: Jacob,As Jacob thinks about it he realises the Crown Prosecution Service (UK equivalent of the public prosecutor in the US) wouldn't release any evidence to him for a private prosecution until after they had decided what action they were themselves going to take, which depending on circumstances might take weeks.
OOC: Greg,Greg thinks it would be an uphill struggle to persuade the doctor to do anything which wasn't above board, he struck Greg as being very officious. This is not to say its isn't possible it will just be very hard work. The same applies to the other police personell Greg certainly didn't make any friends in there.
OOC: All,Imp/Greg has hit the nail on the head with his previous post while there is an ongoing situation the police aren't going to share anything. Imp you can give yourself a LAW check for that insightful comment. Can I also have CON checks from everyone please.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:09 am
by BenTheRat
Con check??,Ok new here, what dice and how many. IIRC 4d6 is a difficult one. So 3d6?

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy

"No," says Liz, "I've never hacked into airport computers - and I'm not about to start now. We're trying to clear our names, not give the police a real reason to come after us." In spite of what she's been through, she doesn't feel too bad.
OOC,I think we're supposed to roll against CON x 5 on 1d100.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:27 am
by royya
"I agree, hacking is a bad idea and I would not participate in actions that are illegal.
I think that I will not be able to get the girl's identity information since the police is still investigating."

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:48 pm
by ghill
CON checks,Mr Handy is correct a CON check is less than your CONx5 on a d100. Those who fail feel tired and worn out.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:48 pm
by BenTheRat
Clayton is whipped, despite the coffee he can barely keep his eyes open. "Listen, I need to head back to my flat and get a couple hours rest. But my thinking if we want to get the girl is not through the police or the doctor, but through the social services and foster care dept. Overworked, understaffed, and security is not nearly as high."
Con = FAIL,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3182881/]Con check (11 x 5 = 55) (1d100=90)[/url]

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:23 pm
by ImpInTraining
Greg doesn't have the first inkling of an idea on how Law works in England, unfortunately. But the day's activity still has him hyped up and ready for more action, he just doesn't know what to do at this point. "I sincerely don't think we'll have much luck getting anything through more legal means. In fact, although I suggested I might be able to help persuade, I might actually be detrimental to the attempt - since I didn't let them take the easy way with me."

He sighed and checked his cell phone for the time. "Look, why don't we just sleep on it and reconvene this meeting tomorrow morning? Maybe with a nice hot bath, or a good stiff drink, we might come up with more ideas. I'm personally not very tired, so I was thinking of heading over to the library and doing a little research on the things of your list." He snapped his fingers, and pointed at Jacob, "You might want to add some research on Athens... what's happening there now, or in the near future."
ooc,don't even know what time it is in game. Don't know if the library would still be open.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:50 pm
by ghill
Time Check,At this point its early afternoon 2pm. When and if you are all good to go then we can move to the respective "home again" threads

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:54 pm
by Mr. Handy

"And Albania," points out Liz. "All right, this evening I'll see what I can find online about similar cases of missing time. Also we should search for any other mention of children found covered with burns and tattoos, in case something like this has happened before. If I get email addresses from each of you, I can forward you the links as I locate them, and I'll give you my addy. I'll be staying at my parents' place in London for the next few days or so. Where and when do we meet tomorrow morning?"
OOC,The Internet is always open, fortunately. Computer Use is used for programming or hacking, not for normal everyday use of a computer. To find something on the Internet just takes Library Use. Computer Use could be useful for cracking security that blocks you from the information you need, but [b]Liz[/b] isn't going to try that at this point.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:28 pm
by ImpInTraining
ooc,Bawk-bawk....
Greg passes his email address and his phone number about to those at the table. "Oh, and if anyone knows of a good hotel where I can get a last minute room for the night, that'd be nice too."

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:14 am
by BenTheRat
Clayton shares his info and collects everyone's. "See you later, call me." Then he strides out of the airport and heads back to his flat.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:16 am
by royya
"Agreed."
Jacob says and shakes the hands of everybody as he stands up.
"I can try and check on the police and court records for similar events as well, involving serious wounds resembling religious glyphs and such. We can meet afternoon, say around 13:00 in Hyde Park, Speakers' Corner."
With that Jacob depart.

OOC,Not sure if the Greek woman went out the lounge. maybe she is in the lounge, can I get her name too and also the name of the Asian guy that smoke the quick-burning cigarette?

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:06 am
by ghill
Something for everyone...
OOC: Clayton,Clay goes [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/posting.php?mode=edit&f=192&p=114140]here[/url]
OOC: Jacob,You're not sure where she is the police say she is no longer in the lounge and wont give you her details. As you met the Asian guy you can give me an [b]IDEA[/b] roll to see if you remember his name. When your finished Jacob can head [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2683]home[/url]
OOC: Liz & Greg,How are you guys getting back into London? Are LIz's parents waiting for a phone call to tell them she has arrived? or does she plan to grab the tube or a coach into London.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:27 pm
by royya
IDEA roll (1d100=87)
Without any idea on how to get the Asian name, Jacob decides to retire home. it's been a long day and he needs to make some phone calls and rest.

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:54 pm
by ImpInTraining
After collecting phone numbers and/or email addresses from those others involved in this situation, Greg heads off to the busy street and tries to wave down a taxi. "To the nearest library, please."

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:24 pm
by ghill
OOC: Greg,Greg goes [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2684&p=114490#p114490]here[/url]

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I mentioned before that [b]Liz[/b] originally planned to take the Tube into London, so that's what she'll do now. She will call her parents from her mobile while she's en route to let them know she's on her way so they don't worry about her, as her flight did get in hours ago.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:42 am
by ghill
OOC: Liz,Liz goes to the [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2678&p=114079#p114079]Tube station[/url]