CH1-3 Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Moderator: ghill

BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Post by BenTheRat »

"Wow, missed her completely, fixated on the girl I guess. Ah, here is Greg coming? Is that all of us that were affected?" Clayton asks.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There was also the cabbie, Tom Mason," says Liz.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob, like an organized lawyer should be, writes down a list of the things he wants to investigate.
"Albanian girl, former cases (Internet and newspapers), weird injury patterns, memory loss, Greek woman..."
He attach Clay's and Liz's drawing to the list ad raises his head to them
"Anything else?"
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg steps in and immediately finds the table with all the familiar faces. He smiles and waves, then crosses the room to their table. He dragged an empty chair from another table nearby and joined them without waiting to be invited. "What a royal fiasco that was. I hope everyone is OK." He looks around the table, eyes passing over each person in turn to see that none need any sort of medical treatment of any sort.

"After I got the embassy involved, they really didn't have very many questions for me at all. I even offered to help them with their investigation, and they pushed me away," Greg said, shrugging. "Their loss, I guess. Just wish I knew what the hell happened in there."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well she wasn't working alone, she had the old woman. But what was the purpose? I mean I can kind of see why she mezzed on Liz her to get her passport. But me? I only had a few quid? Not sure about you? Did you lose anything?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg checks his belongings and tries to determine if he'd lost anything.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

Greg can find nothing missing from his hand luggage.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,including money ... airline ticket, etc?
"Does anybody know what plane she boarded?" Greg asked.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hi," says Liz when Greg sits down. "Yes, I just looked up the flight. It was bound for Athens." She rattles off the flight number and departure time. "My passport shouldn't have worked to get her through Border Control. She's rather too young to be me, and she looks different. But she pulled the same trick on the Border Control Officer that she did on me, and somehow she convinced him that she was me. When I came to, he accused me of trying to go through and claimed that he stopped me. The video proved that I didn't. Only the girl went through. Except there was this one bit where the video went black, but I hadn't moved from the spot. That happened in two places with two different cameras, both times when the girl was doing her thing. That can't be a coincidence. I offered to help the police with the issue with their CCTV cameras, but they turned me down too and refused to discuss the footage with me when I asked why there were bits missing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

"I wrote down a list of things I want to investigate, I will be happy for some help Greg. Both Clayton and Liz agreed."

Jacob hands Greg the list

"Albanian girl, former cases (Internet and newspapers), weird injury patterns, memory loss, Greek woman..."

"Have you seen the injuries on the girl? As it seems, I'm the only one that haven’t seen them. Clayton and Liz suggested some weird pattern but have not managed to draw them accurately. Can you?"

Jacob hand a piece of paper and a pen to Greg.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg frowned... drawing just was not his forte. However, he tried miserably. "I remember there was this strange cross thing... (scribble scribble) and a spiraling circle figure... (scribble scribble) things that looked like barbed wire and pitch forks... (scribble scribble)..." he added a few more things and shrugged, passing the paper back. If you held it upside down, it was a lousy rendition of Tom and Jerry. "I'm sorry, there was a reason I chose the medical field over a school for the arts," he said with a wink. "I will tell you this much, it was absolutely impossible for the girl to have done all of that to herself. Someone carved those symbols on her."

Greg looked at the list of things to investigate and added, "I'll be happy to assist with this investigation. Nothing better to do for the time being, and besides, if we do get to the bottom of it I might have a decent bit of material to write up for a medical journal entry. With the memory loss, you should also include dehydration. It could help narrow down the search considerably. And didn't someone mention a quick-burning cigarette?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks," says Liz. "That's what I was planning to do when I look for information on missing time online. I've heard of the phenomenon before, but dehydration doesn't normally go with it. Like I said earlier, I can see it happening if you've lost hours, but it's unusual when it's just a few minutes. This is the first I've heard of a quick-burning cigarette, though. There were a couple of other people affected by this thing. I saw the Border Control agent in the waiting room, drinking Coke like it they were going to stop making it. And there was a young Oriental chap in a British Airways uniform. The girl must have gotten a boarding pass for the flight to Athens off of someone. Not the Greek woman, since she was on the plane, and I certainly didn't have one. Actually, I'm not sure if the Greek woman was sitting next to the girl, but they were brought in together from the plane. She told me she had handed her ticket over, then the girl came over, she got on the plane and fell asleep, and when she woke up there were police waving guns in her face."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"Well this is definitely something I want to follow up on. No on screws with my head but me. So count me in. I'm willing to do whatever is necessary. Including any of the jobs you folk don't want to get into." Clayton said, then sitting back and finishing off his coffee.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

"Correct..."
Jacob nods in agreement to Greg as he reminds him the quick burning cigarette of the Asian employee. He writes it down on the piece of paper, adding a new line with the dehydration symptom and attaches the doctor's drawing.

"What are your specialties?"
Jacob say as he turns to Liz and Clayton, trying to figure how to extract the maximum from the pair?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Computers are my speciality," says Liz. "I've always been brill with them. I'm pretty good at research, I'm quite perceptive, and I've been studying a lot of history. I'm decent with cameras, both still and video. And I've learned a bit about strange phenomena, such as the missing time we've experienced. I've always been drawn to weirdness, but I believe there's a logical, scientific explanation for all the strange stuff that happens. I know a bit about science too, particularly physics."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton looks around the table, "Look I'm good in a scrap if it comes to that. I can get in and out of places usually without being seen. May not be as book smart as Liz here but got some street smarts, and learned a bit about the weird stuff."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

"We need to convince the police to hand us over the girl’s details. maybe I can get in again, asking to press charges against the girl and whoever is responsible for dragging me into this mess."
Jacob say as he scratch his fore head and turns to Greg

"What are the chances to have a copy or a photo of the girl with the wounds on her body ... maybe the doctor can help you see it again Greg ?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"How soon do we need the details on the girl? I imagine, in the interest of a fair trial, the police will have to hand over all evidence to my solicitor, Mr. Trust from the Embassy. I should be able to convince him to allow me to see what the police gives him, it should be within my rights I would think," Greg stated.

"These days, pictures are typically digital. No one uses film anymore. Takes too long to process and develop. So my guess is, someone took those pictures of that girl with a digital camera... which means they had to download them to a computer in order to print out." He looked at Liz and asked, "Ever hacked into an airport private network?"

Greg also stated, "Aside from my obvious medical experience, I can also be quite persuasive in most cases, and have a bit of experience in psychological topics. I might be able to help convince the police officers to hand the girl's details over... but it's unlikely they'll cooperate since it is an ongoing investigation."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

OOC: Jacob,[b]Law[/b] roll please.
OOC: Greg,[b]Psychology[/b] roll please.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Psychology-succeeds,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3181837/]Psychology(60%) (1d100=8)[/url]

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”