CH1-3 Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-3 Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Post by ghill »

Clayton grabs a coffee with what little change he has left and plonks himself down at a table overlooking the entrance to the business lounge. He has only been sitting there a few moments when he over hears a snippet of conversation the woman at the table next to him is having

"Yes, they arrested a juvenile girl........ No, no english, they've identified her as an Albanian speaker.......... Nope no ID, no money, no mobile phone, only the clothes on her back...." Then clearly concious she is talking loudly the woman moderates what she is saying.
OOC:,If Clay wants to hear more he'll need a [b]Listen[/b] roll. Don't worry if he fails the roll, he may still be able to make out some further snippets of conversation. I also needs a [b]Spot Hidden[/b] roll in order for you to spot Jacob as he leaves the business lounge.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Watching the detectives.

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,sorry didn't see you change this.
Clayton definitely gets caught up in the conversation the lady is having. As she lowers her voice Clayton listens even more intently to the point where he misses Jacob coming out of the coffee shop.
Listen and Spot hidden,I pass the listen check but fail horribly on the Spot Hidden [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3168633/]Listen at the coffee shop (25) Spot Hidden to see Jacob (45) (1d100=17, 1d100=90)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

Jacob on the other hand spotted Clayton. He identifies him as one of the men that were questioned earlier. Haunted by mysterious thoughts and questions he could not find a reasonable answer to Jacob decides to approach the man and gather more information.
Catching Clayton unaware, Jacob say
"Good day to you sir, I'm Jacob Greenberg, a solicitor. As I'm part of what happened earlier with the girl, I wondered of I may take a moment from your time as I'm very interested to hear your part of the story about what happened."
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Clayton,[color=#0080FF]"...The translator said her name is Elira Nesimi, the police have no missing persons reports in her name...no we should ask them..... No twelve, although she could be a lot older, you know how hard it is to tell. Translator said she's Albanian, from the countryside, with no living relatives....Yes I agree it could be a sob story to prevent deportation or protecting someone more likely ...... Yes Almost certainly trafficked..... She doesn’t know where she was kept, but it was clearly somewhere in London....... No you know really strange but no, no sign of sexual abuse, the girl appears to still be a virgin..... No I can’t be certain that she wasn’t sexually abused in other ways, but she shows no sign of age inappropriate knowledge.......You've seen the pictures then? I know really horrible stuff, and all very deliberately done by someone, she couldn’t possibly have done them all herself. The Police examiner says some of them are over a year old.... Yes, yes, No I dont think so.... No I’m recommending she be released into the Care of Social Services, we’ll find foster parents and see if she doesn’t open up a bit more when she’s in a place of safety."[/color] At this point Jacob arrives and greets Clayton at which point the woman becomes aware that she might have an audience and grabs her coffee and walks off to somewhere a bit more private.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

As Jacob approaches and begins to talk Clayton has a mix of emotions showing. A bit irritated that the woman talking was now leaving, but a bit of relief as well that he hadn't missed Jacob leaving the secure area where the police were keeping them.

Clayton hushes Jacob for a second while gesturing for him to sit until the woman talking was well out of earshot.
"Sorry about that bud, but was trying to get some intel there and that woman seemed to have a lot of it about that chick. Names Clay, get a tea or coffee, I think we have some things to talk about."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Raising his eyebrow Jacob reply
How can we help each other? tell me what you know ...
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton took a drink of his coffee and looked Jacob up and down.

"Sure, but I'd like to hear your side of things as well. I think most of us know about her looking in our eyes and us losing time. Hurt like hell like it was burning. In my vid they showed me, going blank and handing over all my cash then head for the loo. What did yours show?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC - CH1 - Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Post by royya »

"I encountered the girl in the lines of security and lost memory of what happened further."

Jacob reply to Clayton, nods to Liz as she approach the table and offer her a seat.

"Not sure if you met, Liz - Clayton. Apparently he suffered from the same symptom we had. A temporary amnesia and zombie like actions."

Jacob shakes as he just thought of the zombified things he did and cannot recall.

"As I told you, I want to investigate the event further to collect as much evidence to understand what happened to us and to prepare myself and you legally to the day the state will try to press charges. I'm sure that the police know more then they are willing to share at this time and probably they store more videos of us from the port."

He looks at both and adds

"I want to find if there were past events like the one we had earlier, and again ..."

He turns to Clayton

"Have you see pictures of the girl like Liz was given to see."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton smiled when Liz came up to the table. "Hey biwt have a seat, call me Clay."

Then in a bit of a lower voice. "I'd also like to find out what the mun happened. First time the cops ever rounded me up, and I sure have a bone to pick with her or whoever put her up to this. I tell you though, those tats had a mega occult flavor to 'em. Couldn't put my finger on what, don't know enough about that shite, but enough to know it was related. That little scrut is Albanian as well, place is crawling with gypsies and slave trade. I think we maybe looking at a bit of both here."
"The chick doesn't speak English either, so how I understood her I have no clue, I figure if you don't speak proper, shush your noise, you know."

ooc,edited to hopefully make ghill laugh a little less. :D
Last edited by BenTheRat on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clayton/liz,Sorry that made me laugh. You don't really call a girl you don't know 'bird' to her face; its not insulting/rude per se its just a bit patronising and its a bit 70's. It would probably get a frown from a girl like Liz. Luv is slighty more normal, though probably just as patronising. :) Anyway a lad from the valleys would probably be using [url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=welsh%20slang&page=8]Welsh Slang[/url] as it would confuse everyone especially the busys (Cops)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz sits down at the table. Clay seems like a bit of a chav, she thinks, but I'll reserve judgment. "The tattoos looked vaguely familiar to me too," she says. "I couldn't identify why either. I'm always interested in weird stuff, but I never figured it would actually happen to me. I know I ought to be freaked out or scared, but part of me can't help thinking how cool it is. That poor girl, though. If you've seen those photos, you know what was done to her. Maybe she was just trying to hop a plane so she could get away from whoever did it. I'd like to know what's going on too. I was telling Jacob about the phenomenon of missing time earlier. I can look up online to see about other, similar occurrences of it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

"Albanian you say ... The majority of the population is Muslim over there, could be something religious ... hold your thoughts..."

Jacob pondered over the topic. He makes his way to the coffee counter and grabs two servietteדs. A moment later he returns to the sit, takes two pens from his stuff and hand them to Clayton and Liz with the blank serviettes.

"Can you draw the shapes you saw on her body please ..."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Art rolls please.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton looked down at the pen for a minute. Picked it up and started to draw something that looked a lot like chicken scratch. Then put the pen down.
art,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3172909/]Art roll target (5) haha (1d100=68)[/url]
"Dwmbo, anything I draw would be bumpin'. I just know the tats were angen. I also heard the cont was being put in a foster home. It would be tidy if we could talk to the jeefe."
ooc,I'm sure you are falling out of your chair laughing, but I'm doing my best ghill.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz picks up the pen and sketches what she saw as best she can. It isn't terribly good, but it isn't too bad either. "Could be the girl does speak English and is only pretending not to understand it," she suggests. "That Greek woman might be another connection. Greece and Albania are right next to each other, and the woman was found with the girl. She might know more than she's letting on. I wonder which flight the girl boarded, and where it was bound. I was at the gate, so maybe we can look at the departure boards and see which flight took off from there." She tries to remember the number of the gate where she had found herself and scans the nearest list of departures to see if she can find it. She also checks to see if there were any flights to Greece or Albania this morning.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Some quick Googling on her laptop and a check of both the BBC.news and the BAA websites would indicate the girl had probably got herself onto a flight to Athens. BBC news says it was a flight to Athens but is unconfirmed, the BAA departures information certainly confirms a flight to Athens at that time.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Jacob's phone rings...
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton looks a bit surprised.

"Greek woman, I didn't see any woman?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

ImpInTraining wrote:Jacob's phone rings...
"Hello, this is Jacob Greenberg."
Jacob greets the caller on the other side. Once he understand it is Greg he invites him to meet them outside the lounge, in the coffee shop.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They brought her in with the girl," Liz tells Clayton. "They had been sitting next to each other on the plane."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”