CH1-3 Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Moderator: ghill

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC - CH1 - Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz

Post by royya »

"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC - CH1 - Watching the detectives. - Clay, Jacob, Liz, Greg

Post by ghill »

OOC: Jacob,As Jacob thinks about it he realises the Crown Prosecution Service (UK equivalent of the public prosecutor in the US) wouldn't release any evidence to him for a private prosecution until after they had decided what action they were themselves going to take, which depending on circumstances might take weeks.
OOC: Greg,Greg thinks it would be an uphill struggle to persuade the doctor to do anything which wasn't above board, he struck Greg as being very officious. This is not to say its isn't possible it will just be very hard work. The same applies to the other police personell Greg certainly didn't make any friends in there.
OOC: All,Imp/Greg has hit the nail on the head with his previous post while there is an ongoing situation the police aren't going to share anything. Imp you can give yourself a LAW check for that insightful comment. Can I also have CON checks from everyone please.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Con check??,Ok new here, what dice and how many. IIRC 4d6 is a difficult one. So 3d6?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No," says Liz, "I've never hacked into airport computers - and I'm not about to start now. We're trying to clear our names, not give the police a real reason to come after us." In spite of what she's been through, she doesn't feel too bad.
OOC,I think we're supposed to roll against CON x 5 on 1d100.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

"I agree, hacking is a bad idea and I would not participate in actions that are illegal.
I think that I will not be able to get the girl's identity information since the police is still investigating."
Last edited by royya on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

CON checks,Mr Handy is correct a CON check is less than your CONx5 on a d100. Those who fail feel tired and worn out.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton is whipped, despite the coffee he can barely keep his eyes open. "Listen, I need to head back to my flat and get a couple hours rest. But my thinking if we want to get the girl is not through the police or the doctor, but through the social services and foster care dept. Overworked, understaffed, and security is not nearly as high."
Con = FAIL,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3182881/]Con check (11 x 5 = 55) (1d100=90)[/url]
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg doesn't have the first inkling of an idea on how Law works in England, unfortunately. But the day's activity still has him hyped up and ready for more action, he just doesn't know what to do at this point. "I sincerely don't think we'll have much luck getting anything through more legal means. In fact, although I suggested I might be able to help persuade, I might actually be detrimental to the attempt - since I didn't let them take the easy way with me."

He sighed and checked his cell phone for the time. "Look, why don't we just sleep on it and reconvene this meeting tomorrow morning? Maybe with a nice hot bath, or a good stiff drink, we might come up with more ideas. I'm personally not very tired, so I was thinking of heading over to the library and doing a little research on the things of your list." He snapped his fingers, and pointed at Jacob, "You might want to add some research on Athens... what's happening there now, or in the near future."
ooc,don't even know what time it is in game. Don't know if the library would still be open.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Time Check,At this point its early afternoon 2pm. When and if you are all good to go then we can move to the respective "home again" threads
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And Albania," points out Liz. "All right, this evening I'll see what I can find online about similar cases of missing time. Also we should search for any other mention of children found covered with burns and tattoos, in case something like this has happened before. If I get email addresses from each of you, I can forward you the links as I locate them, and I'll give you my addy. I'll be staying at my parents' place in London for the next few days or so. Where and when do we meet tomorrow morning?"
OOC,The Internet is always open, fortunately. Computer Use is used for programming or hacking, not for normal everyday use of a computer. To find something on the Internet just takes Library Use. Computer Use could be useful for cracking security that blocks you from the information you need, but [b]Liz[/b] isn't going to try that at this point.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Bawk-bawk....
Greg passes his email address and his phone number about to those at the table. "Oh, and if anyone knows of a good hotel where I can get a last minute room for the night, that'd be nice too."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton shares his info and collects everyone's. "See you later, call me." Then he strides out of the airport and heads back to his flat.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

"Agreed."
Jacob says and shakes the hands of everybody as he stands up.
"I can try and check on the police and court records for similar events as well, involving serious wounds resembling religious glyphs and such. We can meet afternoon, say around 13:00 in Hyde Park, Speakers' Corner."
With that Jacob depart.

OOC,Not sure if the Greek woman went out the lounge. maybe she is in the lounge, can I get her name too and also the name of the Asian guy that smoke the quick-burning cigarette?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Something for everyone...
OOC: Clayton,Clay goes [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/posting.php?mode=edit&f=192&p=114140]here[/url]
OOC: Jacob,You're not sure where she is the police say she is no longer in the lounge and wont give you her details. As you met the Asian guy you can give me an [b]IDEA[/b] roll to see if you remember his name. When your finished Jacob can head [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2683]home[/url]
OOC: Liz & Greg,How are you guys getting back into London? Are LIz's parents waiting for a phone call to tell them she has arrived? or does she plan to grab the tube or a coach into London.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

IDEA roll (1d100=87)
Without any idea on how to get the Asian name, Jacob decides to retire home. it's been a long day and he needs to make some phone calls and rest.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

After collecting phone numbers and/or email addresses from those others involved in this situation, Greg heads off to the busy street and tries to wave down a taxi. "To the nearest library, please."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Greg,Greg goes [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2684&p=114490#p114490]here[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I mentioned before that [b]Liz[/b] originally planned to take the Tube into London, so that's what she'll do now. She will call her parents from her mobile while she's en route to let them know she's on her way so they don't worry about her, as her flight did get in hours ago.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Liz,Liz goes to the [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2678&p=114079#p114079]Tube station[/url]

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”