CH1-2 Heathrow Interviews - Jacob Greenberg only

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-2 Heathrow Interviews - Jacob Greenberg only

Post by ghill »

The police constable ticks Jacob's name off his list and leads him over to a trio of meeting rooms which have been turned into makeshift interview suites, opening the door to the first room he seats him at a small table, behind the table sit two detectives along with audio and video equipment.

The detectives switch the recording equipment on, and then introduce themselves as Detectives Stern and Mitchell, stating the date and time. They then ask Jacob to identify herself for the interview tape

Without looking up from a sheaf of papers on the table infront of him the man who introduced himself as Detective Stern starts talking "Mr Greenberg, you understand you have have been arrested on suspicion of activities preparatory to a terrorist act; namely the smuggling a young girl onto an airplane. He goes onto explain Jacob's rights, emphasising that if he remain silent, then a jury will be informed of this fact if the matter goes to court.

Finally, he looks up talk us through your day, up to the point where you met the girl at the airport please.
OOC: Jacob,I have perhaps rushed through this a bit so feel free to have Jacob interject if you wish.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC - CH1 - Heathrow Interviews - Jacob Greenberg only

Post by royya »

I do know my rights as I'm a lawyer.

Jacob replies with a calm and full of confidence tone.

I do know and I suspect that I'm part of an attack that was made on me … so it is clearly that I'm a victim of some sort. I do not have nothing to conceal, neither to hide. I was but standing in the lines of security, waiting for my flight to Israel, a flight that is off course a target for terrorists.

He leans forward, both hands on the table.

From the minute I saw that strange looking girl I have no memory, there is a gap of events that I cannot recall. Then I find myself, standing behind a planter with the police pointing firearms against me.

He leans back to his sit and spread his arms as one does to show he got nothing to hide.

I have nothing else to desire but to look at security cameras and see what had happened in the time after the girls and before the arrest. I will be happy to receive my praying book, as you'll find no harm in that … I put my faith in god, as I'm sure this is a big misunderstanding.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Detective Stern looks at Jacob with a surprised look on his face. "So sir, you're claiming you have no recollection of any events after you met the girl and that you have never met the girl before is that true?" Detective Stern doesn't wait for Jacob to answer but leans over and switches on the video tape.

The CCTV shows Jacob sitting in the lounge, the girl approaching him, she brushes the hair away from her face, the screen momentarily blacks out and when it clears again Jacob and the girl are talking. Jacob nods his head and then stands up taking the girls hand they walk along the moving walkway towards the departure gates. A series of CCTV cameras show Jacob and the girl travelling. the girl suddenly turns she then says something to Jacob, Jacob nodding his head before walking over to the corner and standing still the girl runs off out of shot.

Would you care to explain any of that sir
OOC:,[b]SAN[/b] roll please [0/1] for seeing something you have absolutely no recollection of. Also A [b]Psychology[/b] roll A [b]Spot hidden[/b] roll. Don't take any actions until I've told you the results of the rolls.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC,Ah I should also have asked for a [b]LAW[/b] roll as well please. If Jacob is [b]successful [/b]he realises that the film doesn't really prove anything apart from the fact that he walked with the girl, the police would have to prove some connection between himself and the girl which seems unlikely. All of which seems fairly obvious to Jacob and he'd expect it to be something the police would realise already. If he fails well...
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

LAW roll 68% - (1d100=11)

Keeping his nervous, don’t want to be surprised completely from the recording he just witnessed, Jacob turns to the detectives with a little grin, that was the feeling of serenity.
“Surely you cannot accuse me with talking to a girl, you have nothing here. Thought, I do not recall the event, I could have met dozens of people that can ask for help and some guidance. Surely, I, a grown up, can help a little girl that lost her parents in the port, take her by hand and with intentions to lead her to the nearest security booth before she decided to take a leave.”
Deep inside, Jacob is troubled, what happened here, he is not troubled with the police but from the fact that he don’t recall the event at all. There was something wrong, very wrong here.
“What was the blackened of the screen? What was that, a momentary power failure?”
Last edited by royya on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Detective Stern shrugs Could be anything I suppose Mr Greenberg, I'd have to ask the techies. OK well if you have nothing to add that will be all. Thankyou for your assistance, you will be released on Police bail, to appear at Heathrow in a fortnights time.
OOC:,Another [b]Law[/b] roll please and [b]Psychology[/b] roll please. if Jacob is successful with the [b]Law[/b] roll he can argue the need for release on Police Bail rather than unconditional release. Release on Police Bail is what the police do If there's not enough evidence to charge you. You don't have to pay to be released on police bail, but you'll have to return to the station for further questioning when asked.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Law roll and Psycho roll (1d100=31, 1d100=56)
Law [Success] ; Psycho [Fail]

"Release me unconditionally. I already missed my flight and I'm clean..."
Jacob reply. He already missed his flight to the Middle East.
...And I need my things back to inform my family about my non-arrival, can I get it back ?
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"Very well Mr Greenberg your free to go, although I hope you'll be willing to answer any questions which may arise in the future"

Detective Stern then leads Jacob to a desk in the business lounge where he is officially released and his possessions are returned to him. Jacob can see Dr Hammer being examined by a man who he presumes must be the Duty Police Medical Examiner. As he is about to go he sees Liz Penhaligon waving for his attention.
OOC:,Jacob is now free to go. If he stays to talk to Liz, he should go to [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2661]Helping with enquiries[/url] otherwise just continue to post here.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

"Off course detective Stern, any time."
He nods thankfully to the detective and takes his leave to the lounge

Although Jacob is free he decides to remain here ... he want to understand what is happening. Yeah, there was a girl suspected with terrorism but there was something else, something unusual, something mysterious.
Staying here and sniffing around will refocus the eye of the detectives upon him, but he was interested in what is going on with the doctor he met earlier and he already had the forms of his release. Jacob decides to do the most logic thing he could think of... offer his service as a lawyer to the people here.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,Jacob would be aware that there would be serious legal complications to offering his services here, having already been arrested in relation to the same incident. Any legal advice would probably have to be off the record
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

ghill wrote:
OOC:,Jacob would be aware that there would be serious legal complications to offering his services here, having already been arrested in relation to the same incident. Any legal advice would probably have to be off the record
OOC,OK, so it will off record. Later I will send'em to some friends :) I will notify the others about is using RP
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,He should also understand he will only have a small window of opportunity to talk to anyone as the police wont want him hanging around for the same reason.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”