CH1-2 Heathrow Interviews - Clayton

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

CH1-2 Heathrow Interviews - Clayton

Post by ghill »

The police constable ticks Clayton's name off his list and leads him over to a trio of meeting rooms which have been turned into makeshift interview suites, seating him at a small table, behind the table sit two detectives along with audio and video equipment.

The detectives switch the recording equipment on, and then introduce themselves as Detectives Shah and Ward, stating the date and time. They then ask Clayton to identify himself for the interview tape

Without looking up from a sheaf of papers on the table infront of him the man who introduced himself as Detective Shah starts talking "Clayton, bit far from your normal stamping grounds aren't you? You do understand this is big league stuff here not a case the judge is going to look on leniently and hand out suspended sentence for, oh no, you've been arrested on suspicion of activities preparatory to a terrorist act; namely the smuggling a young girl onto an airplane and that involves jail time my son. Detective Shah goes onto explain Clayton his rights, emphasising that if he remain silent, then a jury will be informed of this fact if the matter goes to court.

Finally, he looks up talk us through your day, up to the point where you met the girl at the airport.
OOC:,I may have rushed this a bit so if Clayton wants to interject please feel free. A [b]Spot Hidden[/b] may also reveal something about the papers infront of detective Shah,
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Heathrow Interviews - Clayton

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,No, I don't think you've rushed anything.
Spot Hidden,Failed: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3161548/]Spot Hidden roll (45) (1d100=78)[/url]
While Clayton tries to put up a good front as a thug he is really scared. He comes in and has a seat. "yea I know my rights." While the papers are in sight, Clayton can't seem to focus long enough to make anything out. "I don't mind talking because I haven't done anything." Having had plenty of time to come up with a good excuse for being at the airport he spits it out.
"I was just here to pick up a friend. I see the young girl, walk up to her and bam," Clayton slaps his hand on the desk to emphasize the point. "Next thing I know I'm in the loo with you coppers banging on the door. All my money's gone, along with all my stuff. The little bitch robbed me, I'm the victim here, no way I helped anyone."

He looks down at his hands. "Do you got a fag?"
ooc,that's what you guys call cigarettes right?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Detective Shah pulls a packet of Rothmans from his jacket pocket is about to offer one to Clayton then smiles. Nearly forgot its against the law to smoke inside now isn't it. Right, just so I understand this your saying a big lad like you gets robbed by a tiny whee thing like her...hold that thought for a moment, can you just watch this for me a moment, perhaps it will clear matters up. Shah turns on the television and video recorder which clearly shows Clayton walking upto the girl and proffering her the Euro the girl turns and for a moment the screen goes black. It then shows the girl talking to Clayton, Clayton nodding his head as he slowly a methodically goes through his pockets giving the girl everything he has. The girl then looks around for a moment before pointing at the gents loos and then turns on her heel and leaves. Clayton appears to stand still for nearly a minute before rubbing his eyes and walking off screen

Detective Shah now grinning like a cat who has just caught a mouse “So what exactly did you say to this girl, you were obviously having quite a long conversation.”

SAN Roll please for watching events you are completely unaware of - 0/1

OOC: Fag, ciggy, smoke...
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

San Roll,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3162213/]Sanity roll target (30) (1d100=12)[/url]
Clayton seems un-phased by what is on the film. "How did you guys do that? Seriously, you want me to believe I gave that girl I've never met all my money and then went into the loo? You guys are a few screws loose. Nice look-a-like, how did you find him so quickly? You can tell its not me by the way that wanker is shaking his head and walking. Why not show me the real film?"
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Detective Shah You'll notice the security print on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, I'm sure there are people out there who could fake that but really I'm not going to waste that sort of time and effort on a small time scrote like you and if that is going to be your defense in court then good luck. Now looking at your sheet I don't actually see anything which would ring alarm bells with regards terrorism, but I'm not putting it past you to get involved with people you shouldn't. So who told you to give the girl the cash.
OOC:,Can I have a [b]Psychology[/b] roll please. If successful don't continue.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3162759/]Psych Roll target(5) (1d100=81)[/url]
Clayton's face is turning a bit white. "Listen, that isn't me, it can't be me. I don't give money to anyone. I only had a bout 30 quid anyway, that's not enough to do anything with."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Look son I can understand if your scared of these guys, they're clearly a nasty bit of work but there is no need for them to know you gave them up.
Detective Shah stops and Detective Ward takes up where he left off. Look Clayton these guys are nasty pieces of work. Your small fry were not interrested in you we want these guys. I mean would you work for people who did this. Detective Ward opens up a manilla folder and takes out a handful of photos which he fans them over the table.

The photos show the young girl stood against a height chart holding a white paper smock to her chest, she is covered head to toe in scars, tattoos and burns. Other photos show the scars in detail, with rules held up for scale. The burn scars meld into one, forming a complex spiralling pattern; tattoos pick out highlights and fill the spirals with complex glyphs and runes. Examining the photo's closely show that they were created over an extended period of time; some are older and faded, some are still fresh and still oozing, layered over older scars.
OOC:,Can I have: [b]SAN LOSS[/b]: [0/1d3] for viewing the extent of the girls scarring [b]ART IDEA OCCULT[/b] Alternatively Clayton can look straight ahead and avoid looking at the photos.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Rolls,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3164390/]4 seperate rolls in order: Sanity (29), Art (5), Idea(55), Occult(25) (1d100=26, 1d100=28, 1d100=35, 1d100=55)[/url]
Clayton stares at the picture. He hasn't seen anything this bizzare before, but all the zombie movies he has watched has hardened him to this kind of sick stuff. He has been dabbling in the occult a bit, but this isn't like anything he has seen, nor does he recognize the art work or the tatoo artist.

But he does come up with an idea.
idea,rolled a 35 vs target of 55
Still studying the picture he says without looking up, "this is some sick stuff you got here. But I'm not scared of the guys that did this. It's you guys that are scaring me. I've told you already, I don't know these guys at all. All I ever saw was the girl with the weird eyes. And I don't know her, this morning at the airport was the first time I ever saw her, I took her for a mark, I was planning on trying to scam her. Bloody hell she turns the tables on me with her vodoo shit."
question,is the girl in the picture the same as the one with the eyes or a different girl?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The two detectives continue to interview Clayton for another hour and although he clearly isn't providing them with the answers they were looking for they do believe him. As the interview ends he is released on Police Bail and told to attend Heathrow Police station in a weeks time. He then signs and recieves his possessions (recovered from the bin) and is left back in the departure lounge.
Police Bail,[b]Police bail [/b]is where a suspect is released without being charged but must return to the police station at a given time.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC,what was my idea? and you didn't answer my question. Otherwise I'm good with this.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

ooc:,Who knows what the idea was you didn't have it :) and yes it was the same girl.
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

Huh??,Ok, you said roll for idea and I rolled well enough, or was there a modifier I'm unaware of? Or did I have to come up with the idea and roll for it? I'm confused.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:Ideas,Oh sorry, I thought you'd failed the idea roll. In essence it was giving the police something which would give them a reason to believe you. Admiting you were going to scam the girl was fine. In the previous playtest the character admitted to solicitation and said he was waiting for the girl to meet him in the gents. Also I need to know what Greg intens to do now he's been released?
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

ooc,Ah, ok. I'm assuming you mean Clay and not Greg?
Clayton waits in the lobby where we originally were to see if the others who experienced the same thing come out.
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”