CH1-2 Helping With Police enquiries (ALL)

Moderator: ghill

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC - CH1 - Helping With Police enquiries

Post by royya »

Terrorist girl?!
Jacob inquires with shock. He delves into his memories and finds a gap, a wide one ... it was a girl with dark hair, she looked in to his eyes and then he woke up behind the plant.
Phsycology Roll (1d100=25)

Sipping from his the cup of water, Jacob turns around as he hears the one who supposed to be a doctor asking about the girl. It seems the man got some knowledge about the girls that was responsible somehow for the reason they are being held in the lounge.

Hello
Jacob says as he approaches Greg. Hopefully, he’ll receive answers from the doctor as he fails to receive proper answers from the police and the oriental man.
My name is Jacob Greenberg, a lawyer. Do you know what is happening here?
Last edited by royya on Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

"A lawyer?" Greg said smiling... "Well, in our case that's just as handy as having a doctor on hand. Pleased to meet you, Mr. Greenburg. My name is Dr. Greg Hammer, but you can call me Greg, seeing as how we've all become quite unintentionally intimate lately." He glanced over at the police, then motioned for Jacob to sit next to him.

Once Jacob was seated, he said quietly, "We are all under suspicion of aiding this terrorist girl... but you know as well as I do, that was no terrorist. I'm concerned that we might be afflicted with something though. We all experienced similar hallucinations, blacked out, and are suddenly stricken within 15-30 minutes with dehydration. It doesn't make any sense. They won't let me thoroughly check anyone to verify if we have something to be seriously worried about. But as for this girl situation, I'm sure that'll blow over. None of us did anything illegal, right? I mean... I blacked out, but I seriously doubt I'd be aiding a possible terrorist even if she was kind of hot. I have nothing to offer her for her cause - whatever that might be."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

royya wrote:Terrorist girl?!
Jacob inquires with shock. He delves into his memories and finds a gap, a wide one ... it was a girl with dark hair, she looked in to his eyes and then he woke up behind the plant.
Phsycology Roll (1d100=25)
OOC: Jacob,Jacob believes that if he spends some time with the guy he'll open up and talk about what happened to him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz digs into her purse and pulls out a botlte of Tylenol, opening it and handing a couple of tablets to the woman with a smile. "Here you go," she says. "I'm Liz, by the way. You might want to tell the doctor about your headache." She points out Greg. "I'm sorry I can't say more, but they don't want us talking to each other."

When Greg asks if the girl touched her, Liz shakes her head no and tugs at her sleeve to show what the girl had done to get her attention, but she doesn't say a word.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton continues to eat and drink whatever they bring around while mumbling about being held when the cops don't know what they are doing.

Then to no one in particular, "What the hell did that chick do to us anyway? Nothing like I've ever seen or had done to me before."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The woman pops the tylenol in her mouth and smiles at Liz. "What are they going to do charge me with falling asleep on a plane? I hand my ticket over, this little girl comes over, I get on the plane, I have a nap and wake up with armed police waving guns in my face. I've done nothing wrong and I bet neither have you."
OOC: Liz,The woman has an accent [b]Liz[/b] thinks probably Greek, she certainly looks as though she's a cast member from the movie 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding'. Liz also seems some kind of emotion washing over her face while she's talking but isn't sure what - [b]Psychology[/b] roll please.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

ImpInTraining wrote: Once Jacob was seated, he said quietly, "We are all under suspicion of aiding this terrorist girl... but you know as well as I do, that was no terrorist. I'm concerned that we might be afflicted with something though. We all experienced similar hallucinations, blacked out, and are suddenly stricken within 15-30 minutes with dehydration. It doesn't make any sense. They won't let me thoroughly check anyone to verify if we have something to be seriously worried about. But as for this girl situation, I'm sure that'll blow over. None of us did anything illegal, right? I mean... I blacked out, but I seriously doubt I'd be aiding a possible terrorist even if she was kind of hot. I have nothing to offer her for her cause - whatever that might be."
Same here.
Jacob reply to Greg
I stood in the lines before security and then I saw that girl. Moments pass and suddenly I appeared behind a planter without recalling what happened and the police shouting at me like I was Ben Laden. I wonder if there were cameras that recorded the whole incident, maybe we can track the lost time.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Probably see it on YouTube later," Greg chuckled, and took another drink. "I estimate I was out maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Not really sure how I got to the bathroom, I was in the security line also." He shook his head, "If only they'd let me cut up front on that line like I asked, I might have been able to avoid this whole ugly situation."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

"I wouldn't doubt it." Clayton replied. "There I was trying to return a Euro she dropped and the next thing I know I'm in the loo with the police banging on my stall. So the bobbies definitely know more than they are letting on if they were able to track down all her victims, but not her?? Something smells at Heathrow today."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: The girl was brought in about 10 minutes ago, along with the lady currently talking to Liz. She was smartly taken off to another section of the Business Class Lounge (the lounge has a number of bedrooms for long haul passangers and it seems she may have been taken to one of these)
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper

Post by BenTheRat »

OOC: The same girl that gave us the evil eye earlier? If so how is security looking for someone to sneak down to where she was taken?
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Realistically, its not going to happen. She's in one of four rooms (you have no idea which) on a corridor with one exit which is guarded by a constable and the sargeant you saw briefing the others earlier.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz nods sympathetically, studying the Greek woman, but she cannot be sure of her emotional state.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

So what now?
Jacob asks Greg
I think it is time for some initiative. I'll go and seek the authority figure over here, we do have rights you know, thought, this is the first time I was a suspect in a terrorist activity.
OOC,May I have Law roll to know our rights
Once Jacob will know what to do he will seek the constable.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

What Jacob knows,Jacob doesn't need a law roll, as a Solicitor (what the majority of lawyers in the UK are called) he would know the following: If you're arrested (all PCs have been) and are taken to a police station and held in custody and questioned you lose your right to freedom until you are charged or released. The custody officer at the police station must tell you why you're being held and explain what your rights are. Your rights are to: •get free legal advice - for example, from a solicitor •arrange for someone you know to be told where you are •have medical help if you’re feeling ill - the police arrange this •see the rules the police must follow - these are called ‘Codes of Practice’ •see a written notice telling you about your rights - for example, to get regular breaks for food, washing and to use the toilet You will be searched and any possessions you have will be temporarily taken off you while you're in the cell. The police can’t normally hold you for more than 24 hours without charging you with a crime although there are exceptions to this one of which is related to acts of terrorism. At this point you have all been arrested on suspicion, you've all been searched its been explained why you are being held, but no one has explained your rights. None have you have been here for more than about 20 minutes, some of you a lot less. Jakob reckons he'll get laughed at if he complains, especially considering the number of people they are having to process at the moment. However, pointing out whats going wrong and the fact he's a solicitor might expedite matters somewhat.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"You know," Greg says to Jacob, "Maybe it might be better if you convince them to get the doctor in here to check on us. Like I said before, we are all showing some strange symptoms, and it could be essential to get medical attention at the soonest opportunity. By not giving us the medical treatment we need, they are risking our lives needlessly. They say their doctor is busy, but I don't know what with. Maybe you can find out more about that too? I'd like to know what the girl did that has her classified as a terrorist." He finished his drink and stood up, "Maybe I shall join you."
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob intends to speak to the constable, presenting himself as a solicitor and demanding to know what is going over here. In addition, Greg is joining him so he will present the man as a doctor and encourage the police to hear the doctor’s diagnosis.
OOC,if you require a fast talk or persuade skill check please tell me and I’ll roll
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,I can help with that persuade roll if need be.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Die rolls please,OOC: So there are two seperate Persuade rolls here. 1) Get the police to give you a full explanation of what is going on/what is going to happen. 2) Convince the police to get the doctor in here to check on you all. I'm quite happy for you both to make the same die rolls as you're together.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc ?,Does that mean we both make two rolls?

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”